• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Exactly, some people underestimate how tough sharing information can be for me, same with papagenos. It’s insanely stressful, but I get kind messages from people that always keep me going. Thanks for being understanding. And yes, what I tweeted is exactly it
Don't worry about it. I know it's probably tough for you to share information with us all the time but your always upfront and honest. In both your tweets and what you say here. No matter what the future DLC is know you have our support and we apperciate all you do. Thank you and all the best with everything!

D

Deleted member

So I was thinking of three characters in perticular as future DLC I doubt any of them are getting in.

Ty the Tasmanian tiger he has boomerangs that can zap opponents , speed, him up, and freeze enemies. I know Krome Studios his creators have been working on stuff and most recently were working on the Legend of Spyro series. So maybe they'd be on board.

Sly Cooper he could use his cane to swing, slam and knockout dive opponents also has his paraglider, and bombs and an array of other tools to use.

Ezio Auditore hidden blade, hidden gun, poison, they'd be able to make it rated E so it wouldn't look like Ezio's actually assassinating anyone and just knocking them out.

Those were just a few Ty has a better chance then The other two.

Sucker Punch Productions is owned by Sony so I don't think Sly will happen anytime soon or ever with them being against crossover stuff and such. They have their reasons.

Ezio? Yeah Rayman deserves it more.

Anyway just some characters I thought of doubt they'll get in but they'd be good choices. If they were future DLC!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I find it interesting that major rumored characters such as Geno, Doom Slayer, Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, etc., are all deconfirmed for Fighter #5.

Honestly, if there is a Game Awards announcement, I just don't see it being a Bandai Namco character. I mean 0 disrespect towards fans of Lloyd or Heihachi, but those characters don't seem to be real crowd pleasers (regarding that specific audience). Joker was a good pick for the Game Awards because Persona 5 was a recent cult classic that also was a nominee for GOTY the prior year. Joker was a relevant pick that caused waves. Meanwhile, Tales of and Tekken being included wouldn't really do that. Again, no disrespect towards those series (I think one of them definitely makes sense as post-pass DLC), but do you see what I'm saying? Unless it is something like a Dark Souls character, I just don't see a Bandai Namco being announced if Fighter #5 is going to be shown at the Game Awards.

However, Capcom seems far more likely. Resident Evil and Devil May Cry are more appealing worldwide and are more storied franchises it seems (especially RE). If any of those franchises were included, that would be big. In general, I feel like Fighter #5 should be somewhat of a bigger icon. But now that it isn't any of the chatacters I listed before, I'm stumped. Smash doesn't always end with a bang, so Sakurai could just give us another curveball... but idk, I'm pretty stumped. If Capcom or Bandai Namco weren't Fighter #5, who the heck could it be since Bethesda and Koei Techmo's most requested characters aren't on the table right now?​

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm confused as to how anyone thinks 2B can't work in Smash because of the Mai situation. 2B is literally the easiest thing to make "more palatable" by just filling in the slit in her skirt with the rest of her skirt and giving her proper leggings that cover her lower body. She doesn't even look weird or even different enough to warrant much concern. It really takes so little to solve any issues with her "sex appeal" that might otherwise be cause for alarm in Smash, and the only real possibility of it being an issue is Yako Taro getting pissy about it, and I'm still pretty sure Square Enix would convince him to let 2B be more normalized given how big of an opportunity Smash is for any character.

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1193396979335720960

Well then. I do trust Sabi and their sources well enough but...
Wouldn't worry about it. I think it's more so people are probably saying oh my gosh be quiet you probably don't even know who character #5 is and can't be trusted or you deconfirmed Doom Guy and Geno the source you have is fake. She maybe getting harrased over all this and maybe she's just making light of it. I trust her and her source so I say let her have some fun with it. Also both characters still have a good chance so people give the girl a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't worry about it. I think it's more so people are probably saying oh my gosh be quiet you probably don't even know who character #5 is and can't be trusted or you deconfirmed Doom Guy and Geno the source you have is fake. She maybe getting harrased over all this and maybe she's just making light of it. I trust her and her source so I say let her have some fun with it.
Yeah, probably just memeing and/or getting sick of being harassed. I just sensed a bit of cockiness at first.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wonder if Phoenix could be dropped at the VGA's. I wonder who the two potentials are. I'm guessing a capcom and namco rep respectfully. Resident Evil kinda fell out of the conversation a while ago, but I wonder if it's possible that they are back on the table, if they truly have stuff going on at the VGA's.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Talkin about Sony characters without talking about THE Sony character?? Cmon now.

My money's on Knack from Knack 2 BAYBEEEE :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, probably just memeing and/or getting sick of being harassed. I just sensed a bit of cockiness at first.
Yeah and believe me I get makes it sound like she's got the information about character #5 so she can easily just deconfirm anyone. But I don't think that's her intent and from all the interactions she's had on here with people she's honestly a really cool and sincerely nice person. So yeah I believe we can trust her. And I do.

Let's just hope for the best at this point. Geno still has a good chance and I do believe he could be coming in the future.

Character #5 will be here hopefully soon and we can all put this waiting behind us. But for now let's trust Sabi and her source and when she's ready to say something she will. But that's just my thoughts on the matter.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't understand why Sakurai/Nintendo would limit their character choices to just characters that could sell Mii costumes

Instead of just...characters they want to add.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Goodnight Genobros have a safe and happy night. See you all again soon.

Sure the thread will be jumping with news or posts always is.

Looking forward to whatever we get as usual.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Phoenix could be dropped at the VGA's. I wonder who the two potentials are. I'm guessing a capcom and namco rep respectfully. Resident Evil kinda fell out of the conversation a while ago, but I wonder if it's possible that they are back on the table, if they truly have stuff going on at the VGA's.
Could be. Capcom mentioned an Ace Attorney game for Switch since forever and he is a v3ry recognizable character. Doesn't necessarily have to be at the VGAs either, I bet we're having a direct with a reveal before then.

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe character #75 in December 7th (Smash Anniversary) and character #76 at The Game Awards

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
I think that's it. But yeah I mean that sounds as plausible as like, color theory.

To me that just says "The other Mii costumes will include a Capcom rep and a Square-Enix rep" which seems pretty likely regardless.

RingJ5

Smash Ace

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
Guys, don't let anyone fool you.

The truth is, the rest of the DLC characters are as follows:

Earthworm Jim
Marina Liteyears
Duke Nukem
Ristar
Dirk the Daring
Agent G (From House of the Dead)
Wex (from Wild 9)

All-star cast folks, you heard it here first.
Okay Ristar would be incredible though

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Okay Ristar would be incredible though
I'm partial to Marina myself, what a joy it would be to see her.

Fun fact, her game came through a little known company called Enix. I doubt you've heard of em. They apparently merged with this other company called Squaresoft or something.

Either way, they put her in the storage closet, (she's roommates with Geno, I hear) and never saw the light of day again. She was a little jealous of Geno since he's actually been invited out of the storage closet for fresh air and sunlight every so often. Although one time he snuck out and ended up cameoing in an arcade machine called Star Stache Smash, that rascal.

He does return to the storage though and he makes sure to bring her flowers when he comes back. He's so sweet.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237

Fun fact, her game came through a little known company called Enix. I doubt you've heard of em. They apparently merged with this other company called Squaresoft or something.

Either way, they put her in the storage closet, (she's roommates with Geno, I hear) and never saw the light of day again. She was a little jealous of Geno since he's actually been invited out of the storage closet for fresh air and sunlight every so often. Although one time he snuck out and ended up cameoing in an arcade machine called Star Stache Smash, that rascal.

He does return to the storage though and he makes sure to bring her flowers when he comes back. He's so sweet.
It's really a shame that Mischief Makers never got re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console; because it seems like it was actually close to happening.

Through unpacking the released N64 VC titles, people have found config files (emulator settings) for games that were never officially released; one of which being Mischief Makers (with JPN, USA and EUR config files made; functioning flawlessly if the game is injected over another VC title). It's impossible to know why it never happened, but the game was almost acknowledged AND released again in 2016.

The other unreleased games are interesting too, but I thought you'd be interested in this one specifically.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord

..I can't tell if the mental image of Geno casually living in a storage closet is funny or sad.

OffBi

Smash Ace
It's really a shame that Mischief Makers never got re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console; because it seems like it was actually close to happening.

Through unpacking the released N64 VC titles, people have found config files (emulator settings) for games that were never officially released; one of which being Mischief Makers (with JPN, USA and EUR config files made; functioning flawlessly if the game is injected over another VC title). It's impossible to know why it never happened, but the game was almost acknowledged AND released again in 2016.

The other unreleased games are interesting too, but I thought you'd be interested in this one specifically.
Which were the other games?

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Which were the other games?
Here's the list:
  • Pokémon Stadium (JPN)
  • Sim City 64 (JPN)
  • Super Smash Bros. (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Resident Evil 2 (JPN)
  • Banjo-Tooie (JPN)
  • Blast Corps (JPN)
  • Bomberman Hero (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Banjo-Kazooie (JPN)
  • Custom Robo (JPN)
  • Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Diddy Kong Racing (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Goemon's Great Adventure (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • 007 - GoldenEye (JPN)
  • Bomberman 64 2001 (JPN)
  • Hybrid Heaven (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Jet Force Gemini (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Killer Instinct Gold (USA)
  • Perfect Dark (JPN)
  • Pokémon Puzzle League (USA / EUR)
  • Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren 2 (JPN)
  • Mischief Makers (USA / JPN / EUR)
  • Iggy's Reckin' Balls (USA)
  • Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (USA / EUR)
Yes, all of those Rare title were tested internally at some point, even Goldeneye. Hope we'll end up seeing most of these when N64 games eventually make their way onto the Switch.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I find it interesting that major rumored characters such as Geno, Doom Slayer, Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, etc., are all deconfirmed for Fighter #5.

Honestly, if there is a Game Awards announcement, I just don't see it being a Bandai Namco character. I mean 0 disrespect towards fans of Lloyd or Heihachi, but those characters don't seem to be real crowd pleasers (regarding that specific audience). Joker was a good pick for the Game Awards because Persona 5 was a recent cult classic that also was a nominee for GOTY the prior year. Joker was a relevant pick that caused waves. Meanwhile, Tales of and Tekken being included wouldn't really do that. Again, no disrespect towards those series (I think one of them definitely makes sense as post-pass DLC), but do you see what I'm saying? Unless it is something like a Dark Souls character, I just don't see a Bandai Namco being announced if Fighter #5 is going to be shown at the Game Awards.

However, Capcom seems far more likely. Resident Evil and Devil May Cry are more appealing worldwide and are more storied franchises it seems (especially RE). If any of those franchises were included, that would be big. In general, I feel like Fighter #5 should be somewhat of a bigger icon. But now that it isn't any of the chatacters I listed before, I'm stumped. Smash doesn't always end with a bang, so Sakurai could just give us another curveball... but idk, I'm pretty stumped. If Capcom or Bandai Namco weren't Fighter #5, who the heck could it be since Bethesda and Koei Techmo's most requested characters aren't on the table right now?​
The reason people are thinking it's a Bamco character is because it's the only company that makes too much sense that hasn't been deconfirmed supposedly. And I doubt Capcom because I suspect the reason we got Joker instead of Shadow is because they are trying to cap the third parties off at 3 or close to that and as we already have Ken who may as well be unique thats why I doubt a Capcom rep. Bamco should already have a rep and it happening as 5 makes too much sense. And who deconfirmed Sora if I may ask? I thought it's only Ryu, Doom Guy, Geno and Crash. This whole deconfirmation period instead of just not commenting or confirming who the character is is just tedious and is something I find very reminiscent of attention seeking

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
So someone here said that Fatman said that the 5th fighter was going to be like the end of the world, but in a good way.
Guys.
What if that character is Gordon Freeman?
Like, if you think about it, it fits the colour theory!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom