• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I know nothing about the character aside from that weird internet rumor that somehow hit major gaming news that she was given a photo-realistic asshole in her game and she's made several cameos including the latest Soul Caliber.
That's, uh, quite the rumor.
download (32).jpeg

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Don't be like that one guy...
Poor Rosalina...
'And the top story, Geno amiibos shortage crisis. After an investigation, police discovered the shipment was hijacked by a local man typically seen on ice. When approached, he would only laugh maniacally screaming 'All mine!! They're all mine!!' Police were cautious when he started throwing the amiibos out them. Things took a bizarre turn when one of the amiibos grew to life size, said a name that many thought to be spoken in tongue and fired a laser beam at a car.

The fat man was arrested, charged with overzealous happiness, where he was punished by having Geno nerfed in Ultimate. The attacking doll was charged with indecent exposure due to not wearing pants. When asked his opinion, acclaimed developer/lord of games Sakurai commented '**** be crazy, yo' while showing off his newest character, himself, slated to be the 427th character in Smash Ultimate. Also, Cloud still has 2 songs.

Now, onto sports with our own Woodrow Butdonthaveapaddle.'

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

Given the sub-topic of this thread recently, I think it's a great time to remind everyone that there is literally an enemy in Mario RPG called Boomer.

Art imitates life. Or is it the other way around...

Imagine the reaction if it’s Gordon Freeman coupled together with a Half-Life 3 announcement
You know, I remember it being joked about that Half Life 3/Half Life 2 Episode 3 would be a sign of the end times, and I'm suddenly reminded of what Fatman said not too long ago...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I want 2B to have some discussion in insider circles just so insiders could respond to character questions with '2B....or not 2B.'

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
Given the sub-topic of this thread recently, I think it's a great time to remind everyone that there is literally an enemy in Mario RPG called Boomer.

Art imitates life. Or is it the other way around...

You know, I remember it being joked about that Half Life 3/Half Life 2 Episode 3 would be a sign of the end times, and I'm suddenly reminded of what Fatman said not too long ago...
EDIT: memory fails me, boss you fight in endgame... may not be a boomer but my mind sure is... lol

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Maybe because people are going to take this as them knowing who fighter 5 is and they are going to keep hounding them about it lmao
Exactly, some people underestimate how tough sharing information can be for me, same with papagenos. It’s insanely stressful, but I get kind messages from people that always keep me going. Thanks for being understanding. And yes, what I tweeted is exactly it

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wonder how hard it is to leak somthing and get away with it Scott free. If I was an insider, that's what I'd strive for.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's easier on 4chan than if you want to be known.
The issue with 4chsn though is that there are so many fake rumors floating around all the time that people end up writing off 95% of them so if the intent is to get the information noticed or disseminated I think it’s harder there unless you are leaking very specific details that can be corroborated or some sort of evidence like an image.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, some people underestimate how tough sharing information can be for me, same with papagenos. It’s insanely stressful, but I get kind messages from people that always keep me going. Thanks for being understanding. And yes, what I tweeted is exactly it
It all good sabi. thank you for everything you do buddy.

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 11.08.22 PM.png

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Seriously though, FNaF Mii costumes would be eerie but great, honestly.
No offense meant to anyone who likes FNAF, but I would rather have a fortnite playable character than any fnaf content at all whatsoever. God I hate those games....

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No offense meant to anyone who likes FNAF, but I would rather have a fortnite playable character than any fnaf content at all whatsoever. God I hate those games....
That's interesting, cause I feel like, love them or hate them, Sakurai could do way more interesting stuff with a sentient chuck e cheese robot than any fortnite guy.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Oh yeah? Well, my generation not only eats Tide Pods, but we also do TikToks so... beat that! ...ya flippin' boomer.

(God, I'm cringing just saying that. The stuff my age group does makes me facepalm every time I'm reminded of things like that.)
Exactly, I wish I was an 80s kid
My first game was probably New Super Mario Bros for the DS, I loved that thing, I had smash bros brawl as a kid too but lost it, I would’ve gotten a new copy eventually but I was busy with other games and Smash 4 and Snake came back in ultimate and I could just watch sub space cutscenes online sooooo

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The issue with 4chsn though is that there are so many fake rumors floating around all the time that people end up writing off 95% of them so if the intent is to get the information noticed or disseminated I think it’s harder there unless you are leaking very specific details that can be corroborated or some sort of evidence like an image.
I suppose it's the difference between wanting the information to be known vs. wanting the information and the informer to be known.

If the info you're providing is accurate, even on 4chan eventually it will be recognized. Sometimes that only comes after it's been officially revealed, but it's not like leaking confidential game details is ever actually crucial in the first place. If you desire urgency in being believed, that speaks to wanting impact beyond just wanting to provide information. And wanting to have made an impact is a more egocentric choice than just providing information and letting the chips fall where they may.

That isn't to say there aren't real leakers on 4chan who want to make a stir as well, just that anonymity precludes the self more than vice versa.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That's interesting, cause I feel like, love them or hate them, Sakurai could do way more interesting stuff with a sentient chuck e cheese robot than any fortnite guy.
As much as I hate giving Fortnite any credit whatsoever, a character that can build stuff in the map is REALLY cool, and as long as Steve isn't in, we don't really have anything like that. The closest we get is Pac-man's hydrant.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I was skimming the page and I almost had a heart attack thinking 2B was character 5. I dont hate her but I’d be a bit disapointed (please Lloyd)

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
As much as I hate giving Fortnite any credit whatsoever, a character that can build stuff in the map is REALLY cool, and as long as Steve isn't in, we don't really have anything like that. The closest we get is Pac-man's hydrant.
That's why I said costume. I mean, the animatronics are literally costumes on robots. It's perfect for the Miis.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Alright then. Let me ask you all a question: Who would be the most left field pick? Frogger? Dig Dug? Q Bert? Monokuma? Soul Calibur rep? GTA rep?
A character from a Humongous Entertainment game, because I don't think anyone would expect Sakurai to include a character from an edutainment game.

... Spy Fox for Smash.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I suppose it's the difference between wanting the information to be known vs. wanting the information and the informer to be known.

If the info you're providing is accurate, even on 4chan eventually it will be recognized. Sometimes that only comes after it's been officially revealed, but it's not like leaking confidential game details is ever actually crucial in the first place. If you desire urgency in being believed, that speaks to wanting impact beyond just wanting to provide information. And wanting to have made an impact is a more egocentric choice than just providing information and letting the chips fall where they may.

That isn't to say there aren't real leakers on 4chan who want to make a stir as well, just that anonymity precludes the self more than vice versa.
I would more want to be believed just for the fact that I'd want as many people who wish to know, to know. Maybe there's some subconscious ego thing, but nothing direct conscious.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well it looks like we've reached a dead end with where were going. Hopefully something juicy leaks but unfortunately it doesn't look like it. I just hope we get something at the vga because if not I dread Nintendo is going to forgo the reveal entirely and just do the announcement and drop all at the january direct. Not the most likely scenario but one I cant shake out of the back of my mind.

Last edited:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Yo I kept hearing zoomers being mentioned.

On a more related note I don't see Lloyd or Heihachi as fighter #5 personally. We're four fighters in and none of them have been in Smash any form prior to the pass itself. Whoever the fifth will likely just follow the same trend imo

D

Deleted member

I know we've discussed who we would like to see in the game, and obviously it's the Geno thread so every person here sure better have Geno up there at their number one, but now that we know he's not Challenger Pack 5 (nor is Ryu or Crash or Doom Man or Tracer [lmao]), who are you guys honestly hoping will be the end of the Fighters Pass? Like, according to the rules we probably know, but not according to popular speculation.

For me, I'm actually hoping for someone who has been considered a Sony character, despite the fact I don't think Sony itself owns any of the franchises that happen to be Playstation exclusives. At the VGAs last year, the big three were all there on stage together, promising us big things in this bright new era of collaboration, and so far, Sony's been a big stick in the mud from what I've seen - its taken them until just recently to open up crossplay on certain games, if I'm with the times.

I think I'd most want Sly Cooper, I loved those games, really defined the Playstation 2 era for me. Ratchet and Clank are a close runner up, and while I guess Jak (and Daxter I guess) would be ok, he's sort of like Doom Guy in how hard it is for me to come up with a moveset for him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would more want to be believed just for the fact that I'd want as many people who wish to know, to know. Maybe there's some subconscious ego thing, but nothing direct conscious.
I suppose I could get behind that if all you did with the info was disseminate it, and refrain from getting mired in how reputable it was/you were. If all you did was let the info speak for itself. But that's quite atypical behaviour for leakers with an identity.

I understand wanting to be considered credible, but the only people who will outright not be listened to are those with horrible track records. The ceaseless justification is often a function more of perception than vital to remaining heard.

Vergeben's claims, for instance, would be no less entertained had he not tried defending himself all those times back when GameFAQs could bait him quite easily. People are still wondering what he thinks about stuff, and it's not like his record is perfect. Known leakers can let the information speak for itself should they so choose. They usually don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom