• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So on Twitter, Sakurai has come out and said that the reason the presentation is 45 minutes long is that he'll be talking about how fighting games have evolved, and going over possible cameos on the stage, and compare the moves' origin to their Smash appearance, and all that kind of stuff, but he apparently ended up going off focus.
well that would be quite boring.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That is a remade model. It doesn’t match at all with the video. Also, it’s a lot easier to make a 3-D model in a program as opposed to one that works with smash ultimate.
Is model exporting possible with ultimate yet? This could easily be an extracted Mii model they edited in blender.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Is model exporting possible with ultimate yet? This could easily be an extracted Mii model they edited in blender.
I can confirm this. There are tons of Smash models already exported to the public. Great example: Ganondorf vs Dracula death battle. The battle was made in SFM and uses the Smash Ultimate models.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So on Twitter, Sakurai has come out and said that the reason the presentation is 45 minutes long is that he'll be talking about how fighting games have evolved, and going over possible cameos on the stage, and compare the moves' origin to their Smash appearance, and all that kind of stuff, but he apparently ended up going off focus.
this is going to be boring as hell

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Do you have a link?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
inb4 what the source heard was mii costumes coming with Terry not matching the leak so it’s still real.

That twitter user with the Cacodemon dab is trolling, it’s not the same model and they put it in Fortnite.

OffBi

Smash Ace
You know what?!
I think that it was Nintendo themselves that published that picture so they could shut down the leak

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
He says without linking the post. I'm looking on Twitter and I don't see anything like that

EDIT: the posts you linked say nothing of the sort

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Plus, the Cacodemon mii costumes are different from one another, largely in not having a black circle around it

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I mean, it's not a deconfirmation, but Sabi saying it doesn't line up with her source is a hit to it.
Sabi has multiple sources, which from my understanding all say "we don't know" with only the one saying "I don't know if it's real but I don't think it is"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anything else you can say? When will VR Plant make his prediction public? Also, when today will Sabi be addressing yesterday's Mii costume hullabaloo?
Not really. Sounds like VRPlant's "prediction" won't be made public because apparently they're under a lot of scrutiny at the moment and Sabi's source is now in the process of checking in with one of their main sources so we probably won't know anything until tonight at the earliest if past patterns have been any indication. My thoughts: they probably won't know until literally like an hour before the presentation so it's not really worth waiting for.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Hence why I said it's not a deconfirmation. It's still not good for the leak if Sabi's source says it's likely fake.
Ah yes, it's not good for the leak if Wabi 'Fortnite Jonesy is coming to Smash' Sabi claims one of her sources is unsure about it.

Not ragging on you at all, but I personally can't take Sabi seriously after that fiasco and would rather wait on the word of a more reputable leaker/voicebox.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Not really. Sounds like VRPlant's "prediction" won't be made public because apparently they're under a lot of scrutiny at the moment and Sabi's source is now in the process of checking in with one of their main sources so we probably won't know anything until tonight at the earliest if past patterns have been any indication. My thoughts: they probably won't know until literally like an hour before the presentation so it's not really worth waiting for.
I feel like all of these leakers drag their feet on confirming anything it's already been confirmed by someone else. Then they get credit for being right retroactively.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
From an outsiders perspective the Sabi experience kind of blows for Smash Bros. Nothing against her at all because it’s the nature of things like this. But so often she is going to check on things, gives a rough timeline, doesn’t hear about anything until right before a direct and then the info only ever gets to a group of 10 people who confirm they indeed got correct information once the presentation is over and then the cycle repeats

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I said this earlier, but what if we get a Smash Direct announcement at the end of the Presentation? Thursday is a pretty favorable day for these type of things

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Ah yes, it's not good for the leak if Wabi 'Fortnite Jonesy is coming to Smash' Sabi claims one of her sources is unsure about it.

Not ragging on you at all, but I personally can't take Sabi seriously after that fiasco and would rather wait on the word of a more reputable leaker/voicebox.
If we are going to start throwing leakers under the bus for a mistake, Vergeben would have stopped being listened to a year ago. But people still go around treating his word as gospel. Sabi has a really good track record if you paid attention, like at all .

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If the leak turns out fake, I want the psycho wizard who made it to come out and help the other modders with their miis and let people use his mod.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't think Sabi is providing a hard deconfirmation, but at the time being, it sounds to me like it is looking to be a mod.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I doubt it. I sincerely doubt it. But that'd be way too disappointing. It truly would be a mirror of last year's November direct
It is entirely possible that the Mallow & Cacodemon Mii Costumes do come with Mii Costume of Geno & Doomguy as well, that's something we need to keep in mind for tomorrow when they show Terry.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I said this earlier, but what if we get a Smash Direct announcement at the end of the Presentation? Thursday is a pretty favorable day for these type of things
That could be. I don't know if it would be the next day, but if there's no general direct coming up then I could see them announcing some kind of smash presentation at a later date like with the Cloud reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we are going to start throwing leakers under the bus for a mistake, Vergeben would have stopped being listened to a year ago. But people still go around treating his word as gospel. Sabi has a really good track record if you paid attention, like at all .
I did stop listening to Vergeben a year ago! I thought the general consensus with people around here was that Verge's a coattail rider at best, anyway.

Not gonna bother pointing out the inconsistencies with the Cacodemon hat from that /v/ thread, as they have been pointed out already. If it was time for the ruse to end, then the guy behind it would come out with more convincing evidence. The "gotcha" always happens and it happens with no question, unless you're the Grinch leak, then you just let Nintendo do the talking for you.

Also, just a thought on the Mii costume discrepancies between "Frogger" leak and what Papagenos source told him: Unlikely as it is, Terry might come with an unprecedented amount of costumes. Both may be right and only have half the story, we'll just have to see tomorrow, I think.

It would be extremely interesting to see 3 indie "darlings" make it in as Mii costumes for a respective class. We have Sans Gunner - a Hollow Knight/"The Knight" swordsman would be extremely fitting as a near total replacement type character, and now I'm just trying to think of who could be a Brawler.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
It is entirely possible that the Mallow & Cacodemon Mii Costumes do come with Mii Costume of Geno & Doomguy as well, that's something we need to keep in mind for tomorrow when they show Terry.
To quote hades
giphy.gif

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Don't sweat it if it's not real. While it does make me wonder what Doom Marine's chances are, thanks to this, we do still have the Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo leak to look at. We'll see what comes from there.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Not that I believe the Frogger leak, as it's not like the date for Terry was hard to guess, and Geno and Doomslayer were already heavily speculated, but out of curiosity, what mii costumes should I be on the lookout for if it happens to be real? Same with the much more convincing Mallow and Smithy costume leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It would be extremely interesting to see 3 indie "darlings" make it in as Mii costumes for a respective class. We have Sans Gunner - a Hollow Knight/"The Knight" swordsman would be extremely fitting as a near total replacement type character, and now I'm just trying to think of who could be a Brawler.
Kyoko from River City Girls?

Firox

Smash Master
Wait, wait, wait, what is this "leak" about Geno, Sora AND doomguy being Mii costumes? Is this another BS text leak? If so, WHY ARE WE STILL POSTING THIS GARBO?! Do you honestly think Sakurai would completely flush THAT much opportunity for a bunch of trashy costumes?! I would totally bleed salt if this turned out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom