• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
D

Deleted member

Shantae. Something that looks like the Lip Mii costume.
Kyoko from River City Girls?
When I think about these costumes, I think about them as a character who could be convincingly represented without the Mii face. Just like Sans, The Knight would very obviously have a mask that totally replaces the Mii's face, and the outfit, while a little chunky, would probably be a great analogue for its body. Non humanoid. The other "requirement" I think for these costumes is that they have a redundant or otherwise unrealizable moveset, and while Kyoko probably fits that bill, Shantae definitely does not.

it's still different, dawg.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing that I will say is I don't think PapaGenos would have made public that VRplant made a "prediction" if what they had said had been "bad news" (ie; Geno's ****ing dead). Saying that VRplant said anything is inherently a tease and he's probably well aware of that and, since VRplant isn't a public figure, Papa would be taking the full brunt of any backlash that would occur.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wait, wait, wait, what is this "leak" about Geno, Sora AND doomguy being Mii costumes? Is this another BS text leak? If so, WHY ARE WE STILL POSTING THIS GARBO?! Do you honestly think Sakurai would completely flush THAT much opportunity for a bunch of trashy costumes?! I would totally bleed salt if this turned out to be true.
Yes. But it doesn't matter since this was a piggybacker who couldn't even get the date right. Couldn't be more fake if it tried.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Wait nvm, the models don't match, someone already made a comparison in the thread

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
We are in blessed times when people are recreating models and taking blurry photos to try and claim ownership of a leak.

D

Deleted member

Yes. But it doesn't matter since this was a piggybacker who couldn't even get the date right.
The kind of attention that post got from people here, while the thread died with like 7 posts, most of them insulting the OP, is exactly what the OP wanted.

I'm sorry I even posted it for fact checking but I guess it would have made the rounds regardless.

link2702

Smash Champion
....so wait now the consensus is the mallow hat IS faked...?

Wtf is going on?

Like I said yesterday it certainly is possibly for someone to be that big an asshole to do that, but damnit that would require so much damn effort and skill, and since apparently the normal modding community hasn’t cracked the Mii Fighter costume code yet, why would this asshole do it just to spite geno and doom fans?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If someone really faked the mii costumes and came forward with evidence they'd post unseen footage of the costumes in action, not a screenshot of the model.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If someone really faked the mii costumes and came forward with evidence they'd post unseen footage of the costumes in action, not a screenshot of the model.
It's not even a screenshot. It looks to be an image taken of the screen from a flip phone camera.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
....so wait now the consensus is the mallow hat IS faked...?

Wtf is going on?

Like I said yesterday it certainly is possibly for someone to be that big an asshole to do that, but damnit that would require so much damn effort and skill, and since apparently the normal modding community hasn’t cracked the Mii Fighter costume code yet, why would this asshole do it just to spite geno and doom fans?
No it's just yet another hack trying to take credit. I think I saw someone saying it was in fortnite lol.

D

Deleted member

Welp. Pack it up, I guess?

And before anyone brings up Mallow's jiggle; Slime hat had it and it could have been a model swap.
Now, I'm not a model replacement expert, but if I recall correctly from my TF2 days, if you give jiggle physics to a model, you have to specify "bones" in the hat that are affected by physics. I'm not sure how Smash would handle it, but I think if you were to just replace a model and not give it proper "bones", it would either not jiggle, or freak out.

Also this is a totally random question, but are you the Tonberry2k from Spriters' Resource?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
What do I win if the presentation comes and we really do see Mai and Athena alongside Terry in a team mechanic?
You get one clap of hands from me. It's bizarre enough to work? But why wouldn't they all be featured together in the trailer?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can't believe Geno is going to be in Fortnite. Pack it up, bros, sisters, and pals.

Firox

Smash Master
No it's just yet another hack trying to take credit. I think I saw someone saying it was in fortnite lol.
I'm gonna be honest here, as much as people on Twitter WANT the mallow costume leak to be fake, how many actual GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE leaks have ever been fake. To my knowledge, the only video leaks we've had were Bowser Jr., Shulk and Ken and ALL of them turned out to be real. Reason being is because functional mods are the hardest things to fake, or at least WAAAY harder to fake than still shots or *gasp* random **** posts on 4chan.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Now, I'm not a model replacement expert, but if I recall correctly from my TF2 days, if you give jiggle physics to a model, you have to specify "bones" in the hat that are affected by physics. I'm not sure how Smash would handle it, but I think if you were to just replace a model and not give it proper "bones", it would either not jiggle, or freak out.

Also this is a totally random question, but are you the Tonberry2k from Spriters' Resource?
I am!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

This is exactly it. Replacing a model doesn't magically give the new model the attributes of the old model. You have to make the model compatible with jiggle bones.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
There are going to be lots of "photo" leaks trying to disproof the Mii stuff. But remember, we are talking apples and oranges if people are posting 3d rendering poses as opposed to in game video footage OR any actual proof from the modders that shows IN-GAME proof .... like the Mii menu, selecting the hat, etc.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly it. Replacing a model doesn't magically give the new model the attributes of the old model. You have to make the model compatible with jiggle bones.
I just wanted to point out that my newest favorite term in Geno speculation is now Jiggle Bones.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Sure, but the physics/code are there in the engine already. I'm sure it's not simple, but it makes it easier than doing it from scratch, I would assume.
Oh, neato. Geno really attracts a variety of people.
I've been a fan for years. I'm actually the one who ripped the sheet on TSR and made a M&L style Geno sheet years back. Good times!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Okay for real though, what mii costumes are supposedly coming from the guy who leaked the rocket and goemon ones?

Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer it's because they weren't in the retro trailer that it's suspicious. Mai especially is the second most popular snk character after Terry but she wasn't shown alongside everyone else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mallow/Smithy
Chocobo

That's all he mentioned
Unless I made a mistake did Papagenos not get more costumes from that guy in the recent past? I feel like a screenshot was posted here yesterday, but it's fair to say that a lot was posted here yesterday.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the fighting stick that was in Terry's Presentation thumbnail has a version coming to the Switch. Probably another reason why the direct is long, they likely will touch upon the controller. Pics from pinned messages in PG's Discord
Screenshot_20191105-095126.png
Screenshot_20191105-095148.png
Screenshot_20191105-095159.png

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like the fighting stick that was in Terry's Presentation thumbnail has a version coming to the Switch. Probably another reason why the direct is long, they likely will touch upon the controller. Pics from pinned messages in PG's Discord
the entire KOF franchise is coming to the Switch isn't it...

Sure, but the physics/code are there in the engine already. I'm sure it's not simple, but it makes it easier than doing it from scratch, I would assume.

I've been a fan for years. I'm actually the one who ripped the sheet on TSR and made a M&L style Geno sheet years back. Good times!
The code for the physics is already in the engine, but since Smash wasn't intended to be fan-developed for, I don't have an answer as to whether or not the average joe would know how to take advantage of it in their modding, especially since I believe the Slime hat was the first to have any sort of jiggle - happy to be wrong, though. If that's the case, a year's worth of modding would have to be compared to a few months worth of having jiggly hats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We're getting a fight stick! HA! I CALLED IT! Even though the one in the thumbnail is a Neo Geo stick, I had a feeling it was there for a reason beyond history... and I was right! Boom! :drflip: Brilliant move on Nintendo's part. Again, real love letter to fighting games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom