• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Also what's with all the Frogger talk all of the sudden? Did I miss something?
Text leak from Oct. 29th that claimed direct for Terry on the 6th, a new online mode called Slipspace, Doomguy as Fighter 5, and Geno and Frogger as post-pass DLC

link2702

Smash Champion
It's always possible, and could just be damage-control, given the timing, but.. like, what would they do afterwards if it turns out there is more than they're saying? Just go 'actually, we lied'?
They won’t have to say anything. If they did say anything at all it’d be either something like “we wanted to surprise everyone :)” or since it’s live just say “we got our information from sakurai and could only say what he told us would be in it” and we all know by now how sakurai likes to joke around with people.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This is probably the 4th time today I've had emotional whiplash from speculation.
I am literally shocked with how these two events are lining up. A leak, a disputed image/video, insiders chiming in, Gameexplain claiming fake, a much longer presentation, Geno involved, hype is going crazy, trying to figure out what content can fill that timeframe, hope overflowing.

I'm concerned. This story had a bad ending, with various hopefuls being deconfirmed due to being ATs, Geno missing and a very opinion splitting character addition. I fear hope is going to be crushed again.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You know with Frogger, I saw barely anybody predict him. If the leak turns out to be real, the people who are going into the D:C blind are going to be quite surprised. What an out there pick. It's like Sakurai to do exactly that.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I really don't get this whole Tweet from Nintendo Versus. Like, this is the first time they've ever said anything like this. Why now? Did they really feel like they had to extinguish the hype? It seems like bad marketing to even say something like that. Seriously, why decrease your potential audience like that if they aren't excited for Terry, holding out for the next character? It's fishy in my opinion, yet a total Nintendo move to make. And why the heck is it 45 minutes?! There is no way they'll go on for that long about one character. In Hero's presentation, they felt the need to include the names of the VAs and everything about that, and the video ended up being like 25 minutes. I don't understand how much padding they're going to include if they're serious about Home Run Contest being the final mode.

Gah, this is extremely frustrating. Just reveal the characters, for crying out loud. If there's no misdirection with that Tweet, we're in for the long haul.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait a second, would there really be a surprise trailer in Terry's video? I mean, character trailers are only 2-3 minutes long, and Sakurai doesn't normally talk about those characters after the trailer until the later time. I think character trailers are too short for the latter half of the video.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I am trying my best to think how they could make Terry's video 45 mins. Looking back on Ryu's breakdown video in Sm4sh, his was only 5 minutes. Now of course, not the same game, but the mechanics for the fighter is what got me interested in looking. I imagine Terry is coming with his Power Gauge. Basically, builds power by dealing damage and taking damage (Cloud Limit Break meter) and some moves change depending on the power gauge being filled (power wave = ground wave or power geyser). I'd imagine there will be some cameos from KoF on his stage. Maybe you can tag them in and they will fight for a time? Even then...I can't fit in his mechanics, the stage and mii costumes in 45 minutes. Something is coming...

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Jesus, I'm finally here. It took forever to read to this point. About the premium costume thing: I don't buy it. Really? Mii costumes of Doom Slayer, Geno, Sora, Crash, and a ton of others? I call bs. There's no way they'd buy all those rights just to make them mii gear.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
The premium costume leak can't be real at all. It says it's a direct and that it premiers on 20/10/19, which I guess could have been 20/11/19, so 11/20/19. And Terry's presentation is in two days. Not to mention a DLC fighter getting a DLC costume.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I am literally shocked with how these two events are lining up. A leak, a disputed image/video, insiders chiming in, Gameexplain claiming fake, a much longer presentation, Geno involved, hype is going crazy, trying to figure out what content can fill that timeframe, hope overflowing.

I'm concerned. This story had a bad ending, with various hopefuls being deconfirmed due to being ATs, Geno missing and a very opinion splitting character addition. I fear hope is going to be crushed again.
Feeling is very mutual. I’m hoping for the good future this time, but I don’t know. My two most wanted are Ninten and Geno and I’ve been blown out god knows how many times at the point counting both of them.

I’m more than a bit nervous now.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Jesus, I'm finally here. It took forever to read to this point. About the premium costume thing: I don't buy it. Really? Mii costumes of Doom Slayer, Geno, Sora, Crash, and a ton of others? I call bs. There's no way they'd buy all those rights just to make them mii gear.
Finally someone said this.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
while I totally understand vector's point of view (we are literally making the exact same conversation down to a T) the idea of trying to fit 7 reveals into a 40 minute presentation about everything left in the game is a much different beast then the idea of fitting 2 reveals into a 45 minute presentation with nothing but a dlc character and 6.0. So I'm not terribly worried.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Guess the premium mii leak is not real. There are so many problems with that leak its not even funny.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Feeling is very mutual. I’m hoping for the good future this time, but I don’t know. My two most wanted are Ninten and Geno and I’ve been blown out god knows how many times at the point counting both of them.

I’m more than a bit nervous now.
I'd be cool with Ninten, even as a echo. He can come in with the new Magicant remix and his splash screen appears right as the music swells at the start.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Actually, thinking about it, Sakurai has a fight stick with him. Dare I say it, but maybe that's what's eating up all that time? Maybe we're getting some nifty new controller options to really make Smash feel like more of a 'fighting game', and Terry's move set works with this in mind? That'd definitely take up a nice chunk of time.

HaloOfTheSun

Smash Rookie
The premium costume leak can't be real at all. It says it's a direct and that it premiers on 20/10/19, which I guess could have been 20/11/19, so 11/20/19. And Terry's presentation is in two days. Not to mention a DLC fighter getting a DLC costume.
That, and it really REALLY doesn't make sense to add another "head" for Sans. That would mean that when Sans was released, Sakurai didn't know they were going to be doing premium costumes, which means a rather large lack of foresight which is not how game development of this level works, especially not for Smash Bros.

Even though making costumes is much less time consuming than making a brand new character from scratch, it still takes time and the decision to even do this would have happened well before the release of Sans, which means there would be no need for those that already purchased Sans to get the free extra content that they just happened to decide on doing right after releasing him.

grizby2

Smash Lord
If it's fake, then I want a confession. If making mods for mii fighters is super hard to do and they've figured out how to do it, then they should share it with the rest of the modding community instead of being vague about it. it's not like they want to keep this know-how to themselves, right? What would be the point?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
View attachment 245136

Well, that's not good news
Why's it bad? It can't be legit. Again, why would they ever make four of their most requested fighters, one of which is owned by Disney, into Mii costumes? You guys are being ridiculous with this premium Mii costume leak garbage.

Edit: what E3 ones? They never showed Mii costumes at either of these past E3s

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
View attachment 245136

Well, that's not good news
Yeah, nah, not about to believe this. Why would they get the rights to those characters and negotiate with these companies for a bunch of costumes? That just sounds ridiculous. Obvious fear-mongering fake 'leak'.

EDIT: And for those asking, this was posted earlier, and yes, it was posted after the Mallow and Cacodemon leak.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If the premium Mii costume **** is real, then I'm bowing out of Smash. **** that noise if you decide to make Crash, Sora, and Doom Slayer ****ing Mii costumes. There's nothing I've got to justify that.

Which is largely why I think it's a load of bull to piss off Smash fans from 4chan lol.

Also, to whoever said that we Sakurai was going to have to explain what SNK was for like 20 minutes, seems you were right.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This premium Mii leak sounds stupid, no way they get frickin Crash and Doomguy just for costumes as if this is actually a good way to please fans. Sans was only popular because even us who wanted him didn’t expect him and his mii looks good. These other costumes come from actual companies and aren’t indie so they’ll tick everyone off.

And how would Bandana Dee even work as a full costume?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I personally don't buy into the premium mii leak because, on top of the parts that don't make sense from a business/Sakurai standpoint, it just seems a bit too detailed to be legitimate. It's usually the calling card of these fake leaks to give an incredible amount of very specific details.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hot take on premium costumes, I'm on team fake in this one. Beats me why they'd make such a fuss about costumes of all things to pad out a Direct so much, that's all I'm saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom