• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
GUYS THE PREMIUM COSTUME LEAK WAS MADE AFTER THE VIDEO DROPPED LAST NIGHT DON'T PANIC

Serenade checked it and it came 30,000 /v/ posts after. 0 credibility

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I’m having a difficult time in life right now, some unneeded legal trouble I don’t want to divulge, but basically got screwed over by a friend. But damn, Geno is a character I’ve wanted since I was little and Doomguy has been my most wanted since Snake got back in, so this leak has kinda brightened up my dad and gives me some energy to move forward instead of sulking around due to my current issues. Let’s hope this is the real deal everyone!
EDIT: The mii costume one not this premium costume bull**** lol

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I am just doing this for me and not to be a hype police to others as people should do what they want:

I will not hype myself for this presentation. Heck, I'm thinking of logging out until then. I hyped up Nov 2018 and got burned. Something must be done different this time, so I will be unhype myself and maybe, hopefully be very wrong in the end.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'd be cool with Ninten, even as a echo. He can come in with the new Magicant remix and his splash screen appears right as the music swells at the start.
I just want the boy to get some love, man. He’s a good kiddo.

View attachment 245136

Well, that's not good news
>Bandana Dee Mii Costume

He’s not even one of my top 3 most wanted but that would sting hard if that happened. Wait, how would that even be a Mii Costume? He’d have to be a hat or something.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The premium costume leak was made after the video. That's relieving. At least we still got that. I don't see that many requested characters get deconfirmed like that.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm telling ya, I'm BETTING the fight stick is the reason why the presentation is so long... and honestly, that makes me hype as hell just thinking about it. Just... WHOOF. That'd be such a sick addition, really a love letter to the fighting game genre ALONG with Terry.

D

Deleted member

Mallow isn't a Mii costume. He's just a hat. Isn't that part of the whole helmet/hat debacle going on? If this Mallow hat is real, I don't think it's exclusive to the Brawler.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
>Bandana Dee Mii Costume

He’s not even one of my top 3 most wanted but that would sting hard if that happened. Wait, how would that even be a Mii Costume? He’d have to be a hat or something.
That's giving me flashbacks of when people claimed K. Rool and Geno were going to be Assist Trophies last year. Not quite the same thing, but it doesn't really make sense to me however you spin it that they'd put those characters in roles they clearly don't belong, y'know?

D

Deleted member

Man, its only been 5 hours and I came back to quite the show. First...
View attachment 245136

Well, that's not good news
This is what people are talking about when they say premium mii costume leaks. I posted this at about 10-11 AM EST this morning to see what our great minds thought of it, and this screenshot plays it up a LOT by excluding when it was posted. Which was today, by the way. What's strange about the screenshot is that the OP titled the thread "20/10/19", but it was screenshot on 11/04/19 after 13:00 - which by the time I posted it had not happened yet. This poster did not call the 6th like some other "leaks" have - if we give him the credit of making a typo, he called the 20th of this month.

The thread was posted over 30000 posts after the costume leak was posted, which I commented on earlier: /v/ is undeniably one of the fastest boards on 4chan, but to imagine that 30000 posts went by until this guy decided to leak this information makes it reek of being a fake.

tl;dr the exclusion of the timestamp makes this more damning than it is. Even I called the 6th as a likely date to drop Terry or a presentation for Terry.

Nintendo has absolutely never just come out and said "we're not talking about new characters", so I'm honestly inclined to believe them. The time of day they chose for it is super obtuse as well... Very much prime time for Asia, which if I remember right is one of two regions people say Terry was catered for. I'm not expecting huge deconfirms or anything, but this really is the time I'd like someone like Sabi to get those insider voices out here.

I'm super torn for what my plans are on Wednesday morning, now.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The fighting stick theory, as we'll call it, is plausible. Sakurai did pretty much say that there would be no more modes, though I still think that online squad strike mode that everyone keeps bringing up will happen eventually. The fighting stick theory would certainly use up a bit of time.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm telling ya, I'm BETTING the fight stick is the reason why the presentation is so long... and honestly, that makes me hype as hell just thinking about it. Just... WHOOF. That'd be such a sick addition, really a love letter to the fighting game genre ALONG with Terry.
If the big reveal is a fightstick designed for smash play like that thing hitbox made I would be so happy. But I'm betting it's for something else like showing off different special inputs to the audience.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I am just doing this for me and not to be a hype police to others as people should do what they want:

I will not hype myself for this presentation. Heck, I'm thinking of logging out until then. I hyped up Nov 2018 and got burned. Something must be done different this time, so I will be unhype myself and maybe, hopefully be very wrong in the end.
Bro, don't give up or stop yourself from feeling joy because we all got burned last year. Stuff like that happens, it's a part of life and elaborate hoaxes don't delegitimize all videos, pictures or other primary sources of evidence. It's okay to take a risk with your feelings. Without the will to do do we never build the resiliency to bounce back from disappointment or the ability to enjoy anything in life. Come have fun with us. Build your hype. We're Genobros. We fly or die together. Don't ever forget that.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
At this point? Probably actually what it is.

Not sure if I’d complain though.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
The "leak" of the Premium Mii Costumes is fake, let's stop giving it more attention than the person who created it is looking for

D

Deleted member

To be honest I think I'll probably skip the Terry Presentation as I'm very busy with school and whatnot. I might watch whatever comes afterwards though as there may be something interesting that I missed.

On the other hand I might be able to be on break then so maybe not. I don't know I'll just have to wait and see. It's definitely a shame we won't be getting any news on FP5 or additional DLC though.

Maybe it's just Nintendo panicking but hey I doubt it. Also don't give that Premium Mii costume any attention no way would they negotiate with Disney and Bethesda just for a Mii Costume that is absolutely fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
the fight stick in the thumbnail is a neo geo fight stick so its probably not going to be a peripheral, definitely just for showing audiences how special inputs work

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Maybe it's just Nintendo panicking but hey I doubt it. Also don't give that Premium Mii costume any attention no way would they negotiate with Disney and Bethesda just for a Mii Costume that is absolutely fake.
This is Nintendo we are talking about, so never say never

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This is Nintendo we are talking about, so never say never
Even if we say, "But Nintendo," this would be absurdly out of line with not only their direction in the Switch years, but very specifically would create a cataclysmic amount of salt that would bury last year's November Direct ten fold and go completely against literally everything Sakurai has done with Smash Ultimate to date. It's beyond ridiculous lol.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I know it has already been debunked, but why did a leak that did not even get the presentation date right get any attention in this thread at all?

I know the phrase “hype responsibly” and all, but that is a whole other level of pessimism right there

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I know it has already been debunked, but why did a leak that did not even get the presentation date right get any attention in this thread at all?

I know the phrase “hype responsibly” and all, but that is a whole other level of pessimism right there
no one knows what's happening at the moment, and pessimism is a direct response to that

why think anything good will happen when nintendo basically said that they aren't going to do anything good?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
We made Sora, Geno, Bandanna Dee, Doom Slayer, and Crash Mii costumes is also how you grind your cash cow to a sudden and violent halt. If Nintendo is serious about making more DLC for Smash, this is how you kill any chance that ever has for success. Nintendo is not that stupid, and Sakurai sure as hell isn't lol.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
What I want to know is why Psycho of ALL people decided to repost that garbage text "leak". Gives me mad sabi/jonsey vibes.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
The premium leak isn't real. Why?

Because how the **** would Bandana Dee translate to a costume?
Either a blue bandana (which would be really bare-bones and 100% should've been in the base game ngl) or a Bandana Dee hat like in Streetpass Mii plaza
D5rV7SJW4AACO9u.png
That being said 2 of my most wanteds (and the 2 I have the most emotional attachment too considering I've wanted Geno for a decade and Kirby is my favorite video game franchise) getting deconfirmed just like that would turn me into an absolute wreck.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Geno Mii costume is revealed: "delete the miis delete the miis delete the miis delete the-"

In all fairness though, is it really hype when a character you were hoping for to be fully realized as a playable character is reduced to thrift store costumes for miisonas to wear? (Okay, Sans was hype, but I think that was because nobody expected SANS of all characters. It was a meme come true.)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
no one knows what's happening at the moment, and pessimism is a direct response to that

why think anything good will happen when nintendo basically said that they aren't going to do anything good?
Thats not what I said

I’m just curious on why this dime a dozen 4chan leak (which was proven to be made after the mii costume video btw AND got the presentation date wrong) is getting ANY attention at all in this thread

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, wanna know something even more awful hidden in that 4chan leak? Terry has an insta-kill input apparently lol. This leak is more hilarious the longer you look at it.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Piranha Plant caused a little bit of a stir after he got in instead of characters like Isaac and Shadow. I couldn't imagine the reaction if that "leak" was true.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Something I'm curious about, if Geno does end up coming with Mallow and Smithy costumes; how would Smithy be represented? I've seen a few people suggest he'd be a sword fighter with a tiny Exor as a weapon, but Smithy himself would require some pretty big design alterations as a sword fighter. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but doesn't he sort of lack legs altogether? His body is basically a block.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Thats not what I said

I’m just curious on why this dime a dozen 4chan leak (which was proven to be made after the mii costume video btw AND got the presentation date wrong) is getting ANY attention at all in this thread
oh because it was posted before this announcement and had any validity before then

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm gonna go to bed now. Watch as I wake up and a bunch more information comes to light. god dam tomorrow is going to be painful.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Either a blue bandana (which would be really bare-bones and 100% should've been in the base game ngl) or a Bandana Dee hat like in Streetpass Mii plaza
That being said 2 of my most wanteds (and the 2 I have the most emotional attachment too considering I've wanted Geno for a decade and Kirby is my favorite video game franchise) getting deconfirmed just like that would turn me into an absolute wreck ngl.
I feel you, Bandana Dee is the character I've wanted for the longest as far as I remember. Thought the boi would be a great addition since I played RtdL.

Having him and Geno shot down in one fell swoop would be the worst to me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Come on dude. You know better than to believe a detailed 4chan text leak that someone decided to post HOURS after the video leak.
Oh, it came out after the mii costumes were shown? Then why is it getting that much attention? I thought it was getting that much attention because the mii costumes shown were seemingly confirming it.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Depends. If by some bizarre scenario we get those Mii Costumes but no Geno or Doomguy ones, then there's definitely something going on
I think that's a stretch and that won't happen. Regardless we'll know soon enough.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I seriously doubt Terry's going to get a Trainer-esque mechanic. That A. Takes way too much effort to possibly realize in a $5.99 fighter when they were running out of time for Hero's costumes for crying out loud and B. Makes absolutely no sense to reveal literally hours before Terry goes live when they were already set up as well as they could have possibly asked for a bigger mechanic in the original Terry trailer anyway.

I think Sakurai genuinely just wants to talk about SNK and its influence on Smash for a while, and even play some Fatal Fury on camera lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom