• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
>Sakurai said "kick rocks, turdface" when offered Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man

>SFV Ken has a face no mother could love, Ultimate Ken is Chad Incarnate

>Sakurai always picks the absolute best iterations of 3rd party characters to use (Sonic aside)

>mfw

Attachments

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Ever notice how the majority of real leaks happen within a couple days of the actual announcement? Be prepared for celebration yall!

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
What the feck??? I step away for dinner and now there's something about the Terry presentation being 45 minutes??? Where did that info come from? Is this confirmed? What day? I need info, people!
Wednesday at 5PM PT

RingJ5

Smash Ace
With the Frogger text leak, I’m reminded of that character that @Fatmanonice said was being talked about that people thought was a comparably “WTF” pick to Piranha Plant.

EDIT: In this post specifically:
I would unironically love Frogger if they made him sort of the Pac-Man of Konami and threw a bunch of other references to classic games into his moveset. I want his Final Smash to not just be the highway, but something utterly ridiculous like him riding a Gradius ship.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So, someone in the Discord brought up a big point... This is the longest Smash presentation ever!

View attachment 245102
Yo, legit think we are getting 4 and 5 wednesday. 2 full overviews. Then maybe a tease for the first post-fp fighter.

Seems like a stretch but 45 mins for 1 character, no new game modes (already confirmed to not have anymore by Sakurai last presentation), and no other additions.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Real talk tho, Sakurai about to spit some mad bars come Wednesday. GRAN PADRE DI SAKURAI, IL DIO!!!!

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
People in the Newcomer thread are saying the video description includes "info about unreleased fighters will not be included"?!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
People in the Newcomer thread are saying the video description includes "info about unreleased fighters will not be included"?!
I'm wondering if this either a mistranslation or what I think is that they mean no information ABOUT unreleased fighters, not the identity of unreleased fighters

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
...Hmmm *Looks around and see's the chaos* Looks like a normal day. *See's Terry's video coming on Wednesday* Oh thats cool!

*45 minute video* WHAT THE F***!?!?! You mean to tell me, we are getting the longest Smash video ever!? WHAT IS THIS TIMELINE!?

Also *Hugs Luigi The President Luigi The President * I could not forget you, Madam President! I understand your team fake stance, but if/when Geno gets showed off, you better be in here celebrating with all of us.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
In case anyone didn't see, the Japanese Youtube description specifically says "Will not contain any information regarding unannounced fighters."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLTt6RQpZo

This part here: ※未発表のファイターに関する情報は含まれておりません。
The description basically just says it's Sakurai showing off Terry. So don't get your hopes up for an announcement revealing Geno or anyone else. Right not anyhow.

If they show off an online mode in version 6.0 called "Slipspace" (Which sounds super made-up IMO) then this leak could be real: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587083772248326164/641085863450902529/EIkkjk8XUAAzJIa.png
Which says Terry revealed on the 6th, and Doomguy, Geno, and Frogger are the next DLC.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
There is no way they will just tak about Terry for 45 minutes. and that Frogger leak got me even more hyped. I would actually like frogger. But omg, this is happening. We might actually get Geno and Doom Slayer. I'm borderline ready to cry

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I have thought, about that no unannounced fighter thing, maybe fighter number five doesn't count because in a way, it was announced earlier before? So maybe they will reveal the fifth fighter of the pass in the video?

Just a thought.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I am going to try and get some sleep, guys. Hopefully I don't awake to utter chaos.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
In case anyone didn't see, the Japanese Youtube description specifically says "Will not contain any information regarding unannounced fighters."

The description basically just says it's Sakurai showing off Terry. So don't get your hopes up for an announcement revealing Geno or anyone else. Right not anyhow.
Sure it won't. Just like we're only getting one character at E3

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Oh lol so it's a load'a nothin' beyond Terry.

Well, still very hype for Terry to drop nonetheless!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Sakurai is going to talk about Terry's b special for 40 mins. AND THEN SURPRISE US WITH FROGGER!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I think I speak for us all when I say November the 5th will the longest day of all time.

The biggest direct ever to talk about 1 dlc character? they're out of their minds if they think were going to believe that this is damage control at it's finest.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Sakurai's trending on Twitter, and thanks to someone pointing it out, on the 11/6/19 presentation thumbnail, I noticed Sakurai has a FREAKIN' FIGHT STICK NEXT TO HIM!!!!! :2gud:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
You must be new to this if you expect the longest smash presentation ever to solely focus one of the least popular DLC additions

Firox

Smash Master
You know what? I was thinking about this, and I think it's either a mistranslation or a trick of some kind. Think about it. We're looking at the longest Smash Stream EVER and you wanna tell me that we won't get so much as a TEASE of the next fighter?! No way. You can't tell me that Terry is so stupidly technical that it takes THAT long to explain his kit. If so, I can assure you he'll be WAAAAAY too freaking hard for me to use.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I find it hard to believe that they can make a whole 45 minutes (the longest smash direct for ultimate to date) and only talk about one character. Either something's not right here, or Terry has some MEAT.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
*35 minutes into Terry's presentation*

"So you see this one polygon right here? No not that one, THIS one, yeah that one took forever to look right"

I really can't see it being 45 minutes of Terry, for as much as he was into the DQ heroes, it was only 20 minutes. Also I LOVED Frogger as a kid and honestly I would be over the moon for him.

Kuma_

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5777-1349-3296
There is no way they're only talking about Terry for 45 minutes unless they are talking about every single frame of animation he has

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The last Smash direct before launch was around 40 minutes and had a ton of fluff despite showing off three characters. I'm struggling to think of what else they would add that's not a new character unless it's a new mode like Smash Run.

Please be Smash Run...

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I find it very difficult to believe it’s just 45 minutes focused on terry, buT I guess we’ll have to just wait and see.

Can anyone do me a favor and send me a link in pm to the direct so i can watch it when i get home with no spoilers? I’m gonna leave my phone at home to stop myself from trying to check it while at work.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The Banjo presentation was 25 minutes and included an entirely new mode, which we won't be getting in this one.

Brace yourself lads.

VR Plant, save us.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
There is no way they're only talking about Terry for 45 minutes unless they are talking about every single frame of animation he has
Sakurai plays Terry online to demonstrate his moves and ends up getting Microsoft PowerPoint connection which is why it takes him that long

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not buying that description. Either it is a mistranslation, something to derail us, or maybe we will get info on fighter pass 5, but no further DLC. The presentation is 45 minutes. Terry can't be that complex. Or he is and he will go down as the most complex character in the series ever.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Someone made a intresting point saying it could mean they will show a new guy but wont go in full detail on him. Also someone check if banjo was the same thing in his video. If he does then we may still get a reveal because they showed terry a bit in his video.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As others have said, tomorrow is going to be a long day. Especially for me personally. My last day at work is tomorrow and I start my new job Friday. So kind of weird to start the next day, early in the morning, watching a 45 min video of Sakurai trying to input Terry moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom