• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
I need to get home and get to sleep...or play witcher3, fallout4, ffx, SOMETHING, to get my mind off this.

When I first saw the leak this morning i was hesitant to believe it, but the more I’ve seen here, the more I’ve read, I’m getting more and more anxious and nervous.

Like, this could be it, this could be our moment, years and years of hopes being dashed, watching new smash games come and go without anything other than a costume.

I’ve been hoping for geno for over a decade now. From the first moment brawl gave us 3rd parties, to ultimate’s reveal, I’ve been waiting for over 10 years for this moment....

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If this whole thing ends up real, and we really do get both Doomslayer and Geno confirmed for Smash Ultimate:

"I'm all right, by the way
everyone saves the day
sometimes I feel it
send it up, send it up now
send it up"

If this is all true, please, please...

Let there be a lot of fan art Geno and Doom Slayer being buds.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hey guys, someone from the Doomguy thread here, I just wanna say best of luck to y'all. Geno has been one of those legendary characters that people have wanted for a long time. In my opinion, he truly deserves to be in smash and I think now could be the time for his arrival.
I wish to all of you the best of luck.
Thanks! Here's to hoping you get your guy too! Never played DOOM but I respect Doomslayer as a candidate for Smash.

OffBi

Smash Ace
EY Terminal montage, bet you can't put my meme two pages ago in your video
(Pretty plz?)

Plank08

Smash Lord
A Cacodemon costume meant Nintendo went to Bethesda/id to get the rights only to make a mii costume.

Why would Nintendo go to a company with 0 involvement in Smash currently just for a Mii costume? Why would Nintendo get a common enemy mii costume and not THE Doom Guy himself costume.
Doomslayers in the game

Ovaltine

Smash Master
While I'm personally starting to veer towards 'fake' territory for now, things do still look very good for Geno, do not forget.

Also, Geno, Doom Marine, star bunnies fan art WHEN?!

link2702

Smash Champion
please, stop torturing geno.
More like geno tortured and straight up murdered mallow and is wearing his head as a trophy.

This is what all this waiting and nerve wracking speculation has done to geno, started to go insane and murder his friends.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Since the mii's head unloads when using a helmet that completely covers it, and the leak's Mallow hat doesn't have the missing polygons issue, I'm leaning on real until someone proves to me they can make the same hat or a similar one without issues, just like the leak.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, that was a fun few hours, but looks like it's petering out slowly and isn't going to really be some ongoing saga. I'm not really veering much toward once side or the other, but I don't really expect this one to get resolved until Nintendo shows off Terry...

and please, Nintendo, let's get this show on the road. I've come to really expect some sort of announcement this week, don't let me down haha!

D

Deleted member

Well Geno came from Heaven,
And poor Doom Guy's down in Hell!
Is Smash Bros where they're headed?

I guess only time will tell!
Oh god that just gave me an idea what if Geno and Doom guy get a dual reveal and the trailer is called "Heaven and Hell" that would be so cool if this leak is true (I still don't think it is).

link2702

Smash Champion
Guys...

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

There is supposed to be some maintenance for the Switch coming. What if it includes Smash, and stuff is announced or released for it later this week? I could be wrong, but it is just a thought.

So they announce the direct tomorrow to be shown on Wednesday. Terry is released Wednesday, along with the reveal of fp5...

I work Wednesday....I’m gonna have to leave my phone home and avoid all internet until I get home, otherwise my co-workers and customers might hear my screaming and cheering and possibly even get a little emotional...

This also means I’ll miss the big reveal... I don’t want to open my phone up and be spoiled by text and pictures, I wanna see genos reveal trailer....

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So does anyone have a credible source from an established modder stating the difficulty that modeling and implementing a hat into the game would cause? I’m asking because my friend is demanding a verifiable source for that claim.

Dan

Smash Lord
For some reason this seems like it could be easier to fake than Grinch and Rayman.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
not wanting to get burned again probably
It's a very large dose of that and feeling like someone could go as far as to crack the modding in Ultimate for Mii costumes JUST to make a fake leak.

It's a possibility. People will be just that awful, so I kinda can't shake that. I understand why people believe in it, though, don't get me wrong. I'm just steeling myself here.

link2702

Smash Champion
It's a very large dose of that and feeling like someone could go as far as to crack the modding in Ultimate for Mii costumes JUST to make a fake leak.

It's a possibility. People will be just that awful, so I kinda can't shake that. I understand why people believe in it, though, don't get me wrong. I'm just steeling myself here.
You are right, some folks are big enough assholes to do something like that, the grinch leak was proof of this....as was mariotehplumber buying out literally every Rosalina amiibo during release just to stop some folks from buying any.

Some are indeed petty pricks like that.

But...something in my gut is telling me we might be in for a good surprise soon...

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
The biggest hit to this leak in my opinion is the fact that it doesn't show Terry in any way. If the leaker has access to these costumes, he should also have access to Terry; then why didn't they show him, or his stage? It would add a ton of credibility to this leak.
That's like doubting a trailer leak by saying "why wouldn't this person just leak the whole movie?!"

Having access to ONE ASPECT of a game doesn't mean you have UNLIMITED access to EVERYTHING being worked on.

Not that I've seen any of you guys do this, but the people saying things on 4chan like "tHe sWiTcH hAs a ScReEnShOt fUnCtIoN, uSe iT oR fAkE" are legitimately lower primates.

What are you guys's thoughts on this? Are they anyone in the Sabi server? Need details.

Same guy deconfirmed this "debunk" himself.
Source

Apparently it was a conversation between people with no info that he wasn't supposed to share.
So was this second Tweet actually Vish saying he was full of it? Or who is this?

Comorant

Smash Cadet
I never played Mario RPG in my life but honestly I've seen people waiting so long and this would actually be the end of years of "It's never going to happen" so I can get behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom