• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's a very large dose of that and feeling like someone could go as far as to crack the modding in Ultimate for Mii costumes JUST to make a fake leak.

It's a possibility. People will be just that awful, so I kinda can't shake that. I understand why people believe in it, though, don't get me wrong. I'm just steeling myself here.
Smash fans are dedicated no matter what their particular flavor of effort is. The single longest work of fiction is a Smash fan fiction for christ's sake, and we've seen the lengths people will go with fake leaks in the Grinch. If you're ever asking the question, "Would someone actually go through all this effort" in regards to Smash, it's always an unequivocal, yes they would. So I totally understand your trepidation here.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The legitimacy of this leak (which has yet to be discredited in any meaningful way) doesn't change anything we had before and the situation was arguably considered the best position we had been in already.

We literally have nothing to lose so I say lets ride the hype train all the way to the end.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
We've had well over 100 guests at bare minimum for this thread today. The tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I think if the Geno costume were going to come back, there have been two missed opportunities:
- It would have been included in the base game with Geno's spirit.
- It would have been included in the costume pack with Hero.

Neither of these things came to pass. Instead:
- We have a credible text leak that predicted Goemon and Team Rocket Grunt costumes before their arrival that included a costume for Mallow and Smithy.
- We have a video leak of a Mallow costume.

Geno's rights are acquired. They always were.
He's already in the game as a player icon and as a spirit and I believe his costume would have returned by now unless there are loftier plans for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Mallow hat has jiggle physics like the slime hat apparently. This is shaping up pretty nicely.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Smash fans are dedicated no matter what their particular flavor of effort is. The single longest work of fiction is a Smash fan fiction for christ's sake, and we've seen the lengths people will go with fake leaks in the Grinch. If you're ever asking the question, "Would someone actually go through all this effort" in regards to Smash, it's always an unequivocal, yes they would. So I totally understand your trepidation here.
That thing about fiction isn’t true anymore, a Kancolle fic surpassed it a few years ago, and then you have “Marienbad, My Love” a nearly 15M novel from 2013.

However, to complicate things further, a different Smash fanfic is one of if not the longest stories on FFNet... except only 40K of it is actual prose, the rest is variations of “Praise Jesus” repeated millions of times to increase the wordcount.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
People are now arguing that the Mallow hat has "jiggle physics" to support that it's real and, even though I'm almost 32, I feel like I need an adult...
I was just gonna ask. Does it actually have physics when the Mii moves around? It's too small for me to tell.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
People are now arguing that the Mallow hat has "jiggle physics" to support that it's real and, even though I'm almost 32, I feel like I need an adult...
Mallow hat with jiggle physics? I sleep.

Valentina outfit with jiggle physics?

Eeeeyyyoooo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Putting my Newcomer Speculation post here:
Apparently that guy that ported the Smash 4 Mallow hat mod was actually trying to help debunk the leak, which he certainly debunked the compression and impossible to mod points which we know already.

However, he just seemed to help give the leak more credence with those missing polygons, imo.
Basically what I said earlier but I just found out what the guy intended and it's kinda funny.

-----

Jiggly Mallow...

Jellow.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm kind of split on this leak. I don't want to get roasted again like with the Grinch leak, but it does seem convincing. But, omg, omg, omg, I want Doom Slayer so god dam badly! and Geno deserves to get in! I can't think about anything else right now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On one hand, if true, this makes the idea of this being a mod even more improbable.
On the other hand, we have to talk about something that has "Mallow" and "jiggle physics" in the same sentence.

P47

Smash Apprentice
I'm losing my **** over this whole TeamJiggle vs TeamNoJiggle stuff. This might be the most fun I've ever had speculating Smash.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I was checking sabi's twitter so i'll be notified when the verdict drops and apparently the survivors from the national dex massacre is looking to to be
311/807, removing every legendary and every starter line besides the 'zard.
I know this is off topic but... looking at the list of who really broke my heart, got to be honest. It's like watching a piece of my childhood die.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just checked the newcomer speculation and this is currently the top one. Like almost everyone is here. This is awesome. There has not been this much tension and anticipation since the grinch leak. Nintendo just has to have a direct on wednesday and end this.

Kuma_

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5777-1349-3296
i feel like a crackhead rn i want more info on smash already go d d amm i t

i really hope Doomguy and Geno are in

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Given that Mallow's supposed to be a teenage boy, I don't know what kind of lists I'll be out on if I sit and watch the footage over and over again and I don't want to find out.
I assume avoiding the Nintendo Ninjas has not prepped you for the slightly more skilled FBI?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I haven't had a chance to post today, but its good seeing that absolutely nothing of importance has happened and everything is exactly the same.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Another thing to add to that is that
of the 9 pokemon currently playable in smash aren't in the game anymore. I'm really curious how the pokemon roster will be structured from smash 6 onward.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That's like doubting a trailer leak by saying "why wouldn't this person just leak the whole movie?!"

Having access to ONE ASPECT of a game doesn't mean you have UNLIMITED access to EVERYTHING being worked on.

Not that I've seen any of you guys do this, but the people saying things on 4chan like "tHe sWiTcH hAs a ScReEnShOt fUnCtIoN, uSe iT oR fAkE" are legitimately lower primates.

So was this second Tweet actually Vish saying he was full of it? Or who is this?
The second tweet was from the guy who posted the discord screenshot to begin with.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I feel like arguing that the hat may jiggle MAY be pushing it just a LITTLE bit. Personally I'm on team 50/50, and I feel as though trying to prove it jiggles is kind of desperate and a big stretch.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like arguing that the hat may jiggle MAY be pushing it just a LITTLE bit. Personally I'm on team 50/50, and I feel as though trying to prove it jiggles is kind of desperate and a big stretch.
Well, Mallow is a cloud person. I don't think it's too big a stretch that a cloud person is a bit less solid, and thus, moves around a bit more when they move.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
All I'm feeling regarding this whole jiggle mess (apart from really being unable to take it seriously) is this:

The Mii hat is probably made of this stuff. Squishing this is like squishing a Mallow! Soft, fluffy, even jiggly... It's Mallow's SLIME TIME, BABY!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
See, if they were going to fake it, I would assume they use that artist Vincent Mii costume and make it look like Smithy as they both have face obscuring beards.

GenoREBORN

Smash Rookie
I have waited for Geno since Brawl development and regardless of this supposed leak, I believe Geno HAS to be fighter 75/76/77/etc. How could you add additional fighters post-pass and NOT finally bring in Geno? Best case scenario with the leak: Mallow’s costume comes with Geno. Scary possibility: Geno/Mallow costumes attached to Terry/75. But why not add them with Hero? ... ...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
With all of this going on...I intend to try to reach out to the one person that encouraged me to stay here.

Alright Madam Luigi The President Luigi The President , If you somehow see this, come on in! Things are looking really good compared to last year :)
Glad to see you Augustus, and I'm even happier to hear you (and you all) remember me... gave me some goosebumps.

I'm eagerly tuned in. I'm team fake, but... I don't really know what to think. And that's exciting. Maybe it's time, maybe it's not.

... but also, how did the fact that someone who leaked Rocket Grunt/Goemon costumes also leaked Smithy/Mallow just get swept under the carpet? Got some questions...

But yeah. It's a very weird situation.

The video hasn't been taken down, for one. But also, no one's been able to mod in a hat, only helmets that replace the Mii's head.

Odd situation we're in, huh? Well, let's hope for the best. Heart's been broken too many times to be truly excited. But maybe I can be saved by our star spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom