• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Pfffft, 100% fake! Someone could easily make a mod out of this. How could someone random dude who probably doesn’t have access to Nintendo can get these costumes? Why not show playable Geno and Doomguy as proof these costumes are real?
I like the pfffft you did there lol

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
A Cacodemon costume meant Nintendo went to Bethesda/id to get the rights only to make a mii costume.

Why would Nintendo go to a company with 0 involvement in Smash currently just for a Mii costume? Why would Nintendo get a common enemy mii costume and not THE Doom Guy himself costume.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it’s 90% real. The 10% is if we get Grinch’d again
That's highly unlikely in my opinion. Mostly because Smash Ultimate modding is still in it's infancy and, as far as I have been able to tell there aren't any Mii Hat mods available for Ultimate yet. You can find some VERY rough ones for Wii U but I couldn't find any for Ultimate.

Plus, this is a WHOLE new Cacodemon model. Not Doom (2016)'s Cacodemon, it's OG Doom 1 and 2 Sprite Cacodemon but, as pointed out above, less gory and fully modeled for, I believe, the first time in Doom history.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Pfffft, 100% fake! Someone could easily make a mod out of this. How could someone random dude who probably doesn’t have access to Nintendo can get these costumes? Why not show playable Geno and Doomguy as proof these costumes are real?
I'm leaning more towards fake as well but it isn't out of the range of possibility that Nintendo/Sora Inc has larger test groups for things like Mii costumes compared to other things they would want kept under more wraps and sealed lips like characters and stages.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Oh my god I think the image leak is real I think it’s finally happening Genos coming I’m going to cry
Not just an image, it's footage as well!

In regards to it's legitimacy, we all understand that videos have significantly more weight to them. Not that a video can be used as indisputable proof anymore. (These ain't the Smash 3DS ESRB days, anymore).

However, it's apparently very difficult to mod Mii costumes as of this moment. From what I've gathered, they're spatially limited and very finicky to work with. Also, they're uncommon.

That's highly unlikely in my opinion. Mostly because Smash Ultimate modding is still in it's infancy and, as far as I have been able to tell there aren't any Mii Hat mods available for Ultimate yet. You can find some VERY rough ones for Wii U but I couldn't find any for Ultimate.

Plus, this is a WHOLE new Cacodemon model. Not Doom (2016)'s Cacodemon, it's OG Doom 1 and 2 Sprite Cacodemon but, as pointed out above, less gory and fully modeled for, I believe, the first time in Doom history.
Basically what he said.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Guys I’m actually tearing up a little Geno is 100% in I’m so happy

There's something that I realized I needed from Ultimate.

When all the DLC is finished, when all is said and done. The speculation is over, the waiting is over, and we have that final presentation to send off the active work on the game to let it go on its own and maintain its own active community, there's one last thing I want to see to end off the game's content and updates.

One final trailer. Not to show off any new character or mode, no.

I need the final trailer to be the Everyone is Here trailer... but with literally everyone. I want it to show off all the characters with their numbers, all the stages and how many of them the game ended with, a massive collection of all the spirits added to the game and their total count, all the modes with brief snippets of gameplay for each, every Mii Fighter costume, a brief look at the massive song list with the total number of songs in the game, all the bosses, all the items, all the Assist Trophies, and all the Pokemon.

At the very end, they show off that beautiful poster with all the characters on it.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Good grief, it would probably be enough to make a grown man cry. And we'd never ask Sakurai for anything ever again, other than him taking a break from Smash to make something else. Just... just let us have this game for around a decade or so, and then we'll let you know if we really want another. At that point, I think we might still agree that Ultimate should be the last Smash game for a long time. It is the only other Smash game, outside of Melee, to retain all the characters from a previous game.

I remember the good ol' days, where we thought Brawl would be Ultimate (with our old, frickin' 60+ character fan-made rosters). And then we thought Sm4sh would be Ultimate. But no, the honor of being Ultimate belongs to Ultimate. And it should remain that way.
Bro are you reading my mind that’s what I’ve always wanted

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
could be data from a patch that he coded over another mii hat, and only data from the two hats are present. Stuff like that happens all the time regarding leaks.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
What a nutty development, I feel like this its all or nothing now! If that video is faked I can't even be mad, whoever made it did a FINE job

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
My prediction :
Smash direct November 6th
Terry presentation
4th wave of mii costumes including fighting game ones such as the Virtua Fighters ones and Heihachi
5th DLC fighter revealed : Doom Slayer
Showcase character and stage and music
5th wave of mii costumes coming with Doom Slayer
One last surprise : Geno teaser + glimpse at the character and Mallow mii costume
Conclusion : Sakurai tells all of us not to ask him for anything ever again

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not sure if anyone would fully model a brand new Cacodemon model based off the old sprite, convert it to a Smash file, place it on a Mii while avoiding flickering and clipping into and out of the background, work it around the geometry of the Mii head, create a negative space in the Cacodemon so that the Mii head would be visible, and then upload a screenshot and video with no credit given instead of just uploading it to Gamebanana or somewhere.

It just seems unlikely that someone would be able to do all that and post a video with, so far, 0 discrepancies. All that and I don't even have to touch on the Mallow Hat. The fact that they just made a Mallow model chopped his Arms and legs off and plastered it onto the top of the Mii's head is so Nintendo it ****ing hurts.

My gut tells me real. Now, does that mean Geno is guaranteed? No. Keep your hype in check because it COULD just be a Mii costume like Geno got last game. But I see no reason they would go to Bethesda to get Doom content without getting either Dragonborn or Doom Slayer. So, what I'm saying, the logic behind it all points to Doom Slayer and Geno being in but that DOES NOT GUARANTEE THEM.

Keep it clean.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
My prediction :
Smash direct November 6th
Terry presentation
4th wave of mii costumes including fighting game ones such as the Virtua Fighters ones and Heihachi
5th DLC fighter revealed : Doom Slayer
Showcase character and stage and music
5th wave of mii costumes coming with Doom Slayer
One last surprise : Geno teaser + glimpse at the character and Mallow mii costume
Conclusion : Sakurai tells all of us not to ask him for anything ever again
You forgot the mic drop Sakurai does after saying that. :p

RingJ5

Smash Ace
While I would obviously prefer Chief, nothing specifically says he can’t get in later especially with how different their movesets would be, so I’m very much fine with Doomguy.

However, the one thing I’m a bit disappointed about? How damn leaky Bethesda was this whole time, to the point where it barely seems like they had an NDA at all.

“We talked about Smash with Nintendo! We have more Doom-related announcements for Nintendo fans later this year! Our composer is also hiring for a secret metal project around the exact time that Kirkhope was composing his Smash remix!”

Like, they were a bit too loose-lipped to make it all that surprising, but the fact that this leak(if it’s true) comes with a full Geno confirmation definitely makes up for it.

If anything this is even more evidence that it’s a debug menu
As a reminder, the only thing going against this leak is the missing 0 in from of the 2 compared to the Ken leak. I still personally believe it, though.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, based on a couple of new "expert" opinions coming in it's looking to be very real. I'd still recommend waiting a couple of days before popping the champagne corks though in case of the chance of it being an elaborate hoax.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
The only main issue I have with believing this leak is the timing of it and what that means for Doomslayer and Geno. This leak suddenly came out of nowhere after recent discussions of that Mii Costume list that was leaked, along with even more recent discussions of a possible Terry release soon. This, combined with the extensive coverage on who the fifth character will be (Ryu, Crash, Reimu, none of them, etc.) makes it a little difficult for me to believe that it's real.

Assuming it is real, however, then the main question becomes of what this means for Geno and Doomslayer. Will only one of them be announced or will it be a situation similar to E3 where they both get announced? I would certainly hope so since everything would line up with what we've been hearing about Geno in the past few months, but I don't want to be too sold on it and be crushed if Doomslayer is announced and Geno isn't.

Heoj

Smash Ace
The main thing im worried about with this leak is if the geno mii costume comes back and we just get mallow mii costume. It obviously doesn't make much sense to add mallow mii costume without playable geno but the fact that it can still happen worries me...

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Well, based on a couple of new "expert" opinions coming in it's looking to be very real. I'd still recommend waiting a couple of days before popping the champagne corks though in case of the chance of it being an elaborate hoax.
This is wild if true, both of my most wanteds. That said:
EDzIF7nXYAAHuka.jpeg

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
The only main issue I have with believing this leak is the timing of it and what that means for Doomslayer and Geno. This leak suddenly came out of nowhere after recent discussions of that Mii Costume list that was leaked, along with even more recent discussions of a possible Terry release soon. This, combined with the extensive coverage on who the fifth character will be (Ryu, Crash, Reimu, none of them, etc.) makes it a little difficult for me to believe that it's real.

Assuming it is real, however, then the main question becomes of what this means for Geno and Doomslayer. Will only one of them be announced or will it be a situation similar to E3 where they both get announced? I would certainly hope so since everything would line up with what we've been hearing about Geno in the past few months, but I don't want to be too sold on it and be crushed if Doomslayer is announced and Geno isn't.
I think they're gonna end the FP with DoomGuy as #5 and add Geno at the end of the presentation as the "Big Surprise" and the Character that opens rooms for all the next that may be coming.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you're at liberty to discuss this or not, so I understand if you can't, but was Geno by any chance one of those 6-7 names that you and the insiders have heard about?

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I don't know if you're at liberty to discuss this or not, so I understand if you can't, but was Geno by any chance one of those 6-7 names that you and the insiders have heard about?
He said Geno, Crash, Hayabusa and 4-5 others that he can't divulge. According to him, Geno's chances are probably 50/50 at worst.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> Insiders are freaking out
> Mii leak
> Mallow
> Ken
> Round demon
> Mii leak from PapaGenos’s source
> Sakurai likes Geno and acknowledges Doom’s creator as the father of the FPS genre

what does this mean.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
He said Geno, Crash, Hayabusa and 4-5 others that he can't divulge. According to him, Geno's chances are probably 50/50 at worst.
Ah, gotcha. I read about the Crash and Hayabusa one but didn't catch the Geno part. Thanks!

I think they're gonna end the FP with DoomGuy as #5 and add Geno at the end of the presentation as the "Big Surprise" and the Character that opens rooms for all the next that may be coming.
That's what I'm hoping will be the case.

D

Deleted member

> Mii leak
> Mallow
> Ken
> Round demon
> Sakurai likes Geno and acknowledges Doom’s creator as the father of the FPS genre

what does this mean.
It means that WE WON'T BE GETTING WOMEN THIS DLC?

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I'm having a hard time imagining Doom Guy being the fifth Fighter Pass character due to his complete lack of presence in Japan. I dunno, would be weird to end on a character that does not appeal to the country the game is made in...
That video does look very convincing though... aaaa I don't know how I should feel about this

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This. I also mentioned that the only reason I can talk about Geno is that all his stuff tends to get out to the public anyways so backroom discussions about him aren't exactly a huge secret to begin with.

Plank08

Smash Lord
> Mii leak
> Mallow
> Ken
> Round demon

what does this mean.
it means Genos in the GAMMEEE
CONGRATS. WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR FEMALES IN A MUSEUM OF GAMING
Calm down, take your female talk somewhere else.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
It means that WE WON'T BE GETTING WOMEN THIS DLC?
It means there is a chance we won't be, the leak isn't confirmed yet. We still have the Tohou leak that wasn't debunked so Reimu is still in the race for the next wave and people still find it odd that Capcom was discussing including Jill Valentine but negotiations fell through but I still see her as a likely candidate to get added for RE.

D

Deleted member

It means there is a chance we won't be, the leak isn't confirmed yet. We still have the Tohou leak that wasn't debunked so Reimu is still in the race for the next wave and people still find it odd that Capcom was discussing including Jill Valentine but negotiations fell through but I still see her as a likely candidate to get added for RE.
But this leak...IT'S LOOKS CONVINCING AS SHOOT.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Why did I discover this at 4 am when I have class tomorrow...

There's no way I can sleep now

Plank08

Smash Lord
GUESTS IF YOUR WATCHING GET ACCOUNTS AND JOIN US IN THIS GENO FESTIVAL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(Ask the operation starfall team for drinks and snacks)

RingJ5

Smash Ace
CONGRATS. WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR FEMALES IN A MUSEUM OF GAMING
Word of advice: don't set your hopes tooooo high on a female character. Hype is a drug; use it responsibly.

This user said this exact thing in this thread a few days ago to try to downplay Geno hype, I just replaced “Geno” with “a female character”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom