• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Worth noting is that Ryu has also been a speculated character since TGA2018 because Tecmo had an announcement, not to mention this notion that he's somehow the "last NES icon" (a sentiment I disagree with) we need to complete whatever ancient ritual having all those characters in one game is going to complete. Haters love to post that Geno is how to make your leak instantly fake, but I'm of the opinion that Ryu Hayabusa fits that description. We'll see when we get there.
What do you have against Ryu Hayabusa? I've seen you post this sentiment before about him, and I don't recall hearing an explanation as to why you feel this way.

(I'm genuinely asking btw, I don't have any personal attachment to Ryu Hayabusa. ...however, I do think he is pretty darn likely to be DLC.)

StarLight42

Smash Lord
What do you have against Ryu Hayabusa? I've seen you post this sentiment before about him, and I don't recall hearing an explanation as to why you feel this way.

(I'm genuinely asking btw, I don't have any personal attachment to Ryu Hayabusa. ...however, I do think he is pretty darn likely to be DLC.)
He might have nothing personal against Ryu but feel he falls under “5chan syndrome”

Ovaltine

Smash Master
"Genobros, keep fighting," sounds genuine to me. Dude probably doesn't know whether or not Geno is in yet. It's a matter of waiting and seeing.

As for Tansut, I honestly doubt he'd even get the memo if Geno gets in. Considering it's literally just a signing over of rights with Nintendo handling everything from there, given he's a Mario character, it makes me wonder if much would even get out on the Squeenix side about Geno's inclusion. Not to doubt Tansut or his sources by any means, but I feel the game of telephone wouldn't go quite that far until perhaps at the last minute. Hero is much more insular to Square, whereas Geno is far more Nintendo, despite his rights belonging to a third party.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Here’s to sum up things from the discord:

So in conclusion people are still confident in Hayabusa (which Sabi allegedly backed up)

The 4chan leak that tried adding stuff on top of it is definitely fake (the person that it's impersonating stated that it wasn't them)

Geno was mentioned but they're unsure if they were serious or not about Geno

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
"Genobros, keep fighting," sounds genuine to me. Dude probably doesn't know whether or not Geno is in yet. It's a matter of waiting and seeing.

As for Tansut, I honestly doubt he'd even get the memo if Geno gets in. Considering it's literally just a signing over of rights with Nintendo handling everything from there, given he's a Mario character, it makes me wonder if much would even get out on the Squeenix side about Geno's inclusion. Not to doubt Tansut or his sources by any means, but I feel the game of telephone wouldn't go quite that far until perhaps at the last minute. Hero is much more insular to Square, whereas Geno is far more Nintendo, despite his rights belonging to a third party.
The fact that precisely 0 of any of the Square Enix leakers knew that Geno and Mallow would have Spirits, the only 2 non-Cloud Square Enix characters in the game, tells me all I need to know about that particular rumour mill. Surely that required some diplomatic negotiation (and finding the original "high-definition" renders on a SE computer somewhere)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The fact that precisely 0 of any of the Square Enix leakers knew that Geno and Mallow would have Spirits, the only 2 non-Cloud Square Enix characters in the game, tells me all I need to know about that particular rumour mill. Surely that required some diplomatic negotiation (and finding the original "high-definition" renders on a SE computer somewhere)
Yeah, no doubt. The spirits are significantly higher quality than anything previously ripped from the game.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hey I'd take Jonesy getting in if it means that means we'll get Geno too. Plus it would be hilarious seeing the total meltdown from the Smash fanbase if Jonesy gets in. I'd find it absolutely hilarious not only that but we get Geno too? Beautiful if true.
The problem here is that the Jonesy leak said Geno was leakbait; they’re mutually exclusive.

I don’t actually mind Fortnite content in Smash; but Geno as leakbait makes me sick.

D

Deleted member

The problem here is that the Jonesy leak said Geno was leakbait; they’re mutually exclusive.

I don’t actually mind Fortnite content in Smash; but Geno as leakbait makes me sick.
You sure? Cause the dude could be telling the truth about Jonesy and Geno both being in from my understanding.

The 4chan leak was someone piggybacking off of the original guy and trolling while Sabi already said earlier that she has heard Jonesy's name being thrown around this could be that without the 4chan leak proving to be true, I think. I don't know this is kind of a mess right now but I don't see how they're mutually exclusive.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So the 4chan post wasn't real (go figure) but Brew says we are getting Ryu Hayabusa. He teases the idea of Jonesy in Smash but what does this mean for Geno?...

I don't know. He doesn't clarify whether his initial statement on Geno being in Wave Two is still true but he also doesn't say it's leakbait... Geno is officially back to square one once again.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Brew is just meming the whole situation now. That last FB post is clearly humor... right?
It could be but who knows... Assuming he isn't, I find the window for Ryu to be...really strange. He claims it'll be 2019 so unless they've been working on Ryu this whole time and intend on releasing him at the same time as his reveal at the game awards, I don't know how that'd be possible. Unless he just means the reveal is 2019 and he'll be released later.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Sabi just posted that he doesn't know if the Brew leak is legit, but Brew knew about Plant.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Her discord behavior was still strange to me, but good to finally have some closure

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Sabi just posted that he doesn't know if the Brew leak is legit, but Brew knew about Plant.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
No offense to Sabi or anyone but sometimes I wish leakers didn't exist. It puts a lot of freaking stress on themselves and people who want to look into whatever is in development. It's also frustrating because insiders at least know what is being discussed on a game or what characters are being discussed for a game and then they cryptically tease stuff to a bunch of completely oblivious people. I honestly wish they didn't sometimes because it's just frustrating to think about it. I enjoy speculation but not when there's so much controversy and drama and possibility that they could just be clout farming. It also doesn't help that you don't really know if what they're saying is true or not because they can't come clean for the sake of other people.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling with that remark.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad the future dlc won't be tied to a fighter pass. I bought the first one without thinking, the second they announced Banjo-Kazooie I was so ecstatic (and have yet to be disappointed by it). It never once crossed my mind that anything like Fortnite could get into Smash, though. I have nothing against it, it's just not for me, so being able to pass it up would be nice. (I skipped on Ryu, Bayonetta and Corrin in Sm4sh and even though I had friends that didn't understand, I was happy lol)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Huh, well this has been a jumbled mess. Reading everything up til now and I still can't get a clear picture.

Funny as just earlier people were discussing a news drought and then this happens immediately afterwards. Considering this confusing news headache, I'd rather be back to the 'drought.'

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Huh, well this has been a jumbled mess. Reading everything up til now and I still can't get a clear picture.

Funny as just earlier people were discussing a news drought and then this happens immediately afterwards. Considering this confusing news headache, I'd rather be back to the 'drought.'
We really need to organize some group activities or something so people don't get bored enough to entertain dumb **** like 4chan leaks anymore. It's only two weeks 'til November, people. Enjoy your Spooktober.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
We really need to organize some group activities or something so people don't get bored enough to entertain dumb **** like 4chan leaks anymore. It's only two weeks 'til November, people. Enjoy your Spooktober.
I'd be up for a kind of tournament between the people in here. It'd be fun and we might get to know others in the thread a little better if we talk during and after it.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You're assuming I don't enjoy pointlessly throwing words and energy at poorly based text leaks!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm curious to what that 'Keep fighting Genobros' line means. Nothing in particular? Sarcasm? Hope? A dig?

Also, just how much more does the fanbase have to do to convince Nintendo to add Geno? What else is missing?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm curious to what that 'Keep fighting Genobros' line means. Nothing in particular? Sarcasm? Hope? A dig?

Also, just how much more does the fanbase have to do to convince Nintendo to add Geno? What else is missing?
A couple of hundred thousand dollars for copyright deals? I agree with you, I have no idea how much more we can cry out and what else we could do.

D

Deleted member

How the heck do text leaks gain this much traction? I guess we're just at peak boredom... This Brew guy is no doubt laughing to tears at how much trouble he's stirred up now that he contacted Papagenos, referenced a facebook post he made before the 11/1 direct that was likely just hedging a bet on the 4chan post about Plant, and then furthered his troll agenda by posting a thread on /v/ and pretending he didn't do it. Back in my day no one would have bought this for a second.

I don't necessarily have anything against Hayabusa, unless just not really having a taste for him is having something against him. I simply don't think he's this "missing NES icon", when a lot of people probably don't even remember the first three Ninja Gaiden games. Ninja Gaiden really entered the sphere of the common gamer during the Xbox (maybe 360?) years thanks to its gritty reboot. Before that, no one really talked about it. It's like saying Metroid is an NES icon because Metroid Prime brought a new audience to the franchise.

I'll acknowledge Ryu's spike in popularity and KoeiTecmo's seemingly close ties to Nintendo (they make up a pretty huge list of games on NES/SNES online). He's a likely character, but that's the sort of thing that makes me feel that he's unlikely in the Fighters Pass.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
With Ryu Hayabusa being the final fifth fighter does feel like they just threw that Fighter Ballot out the window after Banjo. I'm thankful that more DLC is happening but after how Ultimate ended in November and seeing what we got DLC Fighter just gives me the feeling that they don't want to put in any more fan request characters or listen to people anymore. I'm hoping I'm wrong and next wave of DLC will give us more requested characters and ones who got shafted like Isaac, Rex, Geno and ARMS, but I can't shake the feeling that Sakurai just doesn't have any desire to follow up with fan requested characters.

Also I think it's extremely safe to say that this DLC was all for Sakurai because it was his way to include three game series he personally like (Persona 5, Dragon Quest, and Fatal Fury), round up the popular classic titles with Ninja Gaiden, and including at the very least one fan request character that had ties to the N64 with Banjo.

D

Deleted member

There’s Weaver and now Brew. Two people in a row getting attention in the Smash community by posting fake stuff and trolling. Let’s just all ignore leaks from Gamefaqs and 4chan.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

With Ryu Hayabusa being the final fifth fighter does feel like they just threw that Fighter Ballot out the window after Banjo. I'm thankful that more DLC is happening but after how Ultimate ended in November and seeing what we got DLC Fighter just gives me the feeling that they don't want to put in any more fan request characters or listen to people anymore. I'm hoping I'm wrong and next wave of DLC will give us more requested characters and ones who got shafted like Isaac, Rex, Geno and ARMS, but I can't shake the feeling that Sakurai just doesn't have any desire to follow up with fan requested characters.

Also I think it's extremely safe to say that this DLC was all for Sakurai because it was his way to include three game series he personally like (Persona 5, Dragon Quest, and Fatal Fury), round up the popular classic titles with Ninja Gaiden, and including at the very least one fan request character that had ties to the N64 with Banjo.
I don't see how anyone got shafted except for Isaac. Geno's in the same place Lucas was in Smash 4, Rex and ARMS probably didn't have a viable moveset to begin with... I mean, look at Spring Man's assist trophy and tell me that a playable version wouldn't just be Richter with a tube of toothpaste squeezed onto his head.

Also seriously, if Ryu is fighter 5 then this is definitely not Sakurai's pass.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
This middle period of waiting is the worst, we all just want that info high we get when we see who the next character is and because its been so long since a reveal, we end up getting a little more desperate for news and start believing things we otherwise normally wouldn't.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Im kind of annoyed by "leakers" because of stuff like this, they almost always act too vague and then suddenly vanish and now everyone just wants a simple yes or no.

D

Deleted member

This middle period of waiting is the worst, we all just want that info high we get when we see who the next character is and because its been so long since a reveal, we end up getting a little more desperate for news and start believing things we otherwise normally wouldn't.
this is hilarious because a guy dressed to the nines in Piranha Plant swag said it.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Yeah this leak is kinda getting ridiculous at this point. I’m all in favor of just dropping it and moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom