• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've never been so happy and so sad. a lot of folks in here gave up on Geno/shilled for Erdrick. I have nothing against DQ as a series. BUT DONT YOU ERDRICK FANS DARE COME ON HERE TO CELEBRATE. Stay on your damn board.

And for the rest of you who gave up on him when the DQ mill started turning, we dont need you passive cowards... I feel so defeated, and you all just sat by ....this is why we face decades of rejection...over and over.

Enjoy your mii costume, you sellouts.

But I'm happy about Banjo, my third most wanted... its gonna take a long time to heal and accept DQ...

I dont care how it sounds I am NOT happy for Erdrick bandwagoners.

I've gone through months of nail bitinganxiety and depression over this whole thing .... I almost want sue Square for mental distress The pain and sadness is way too much.

This meant so much to me... I'll never trust Sakurai or Nintendo again
Jesus, you are taking this a little hard my man.

He's a video game character, and we want him in a video game after him being dead for over 20 years.

You may want to invest in something else in life, just saying.

Also, to anyone else feeling this way, freaking breath slowly and think for a moment: this Direct was hot fire in so many ways and this E3 was godlike for missing such a big company. If you are REALLY gonna be that down about it, feel free to do so, but you may need to self-reflect and manage your priorities.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I've never been so happy and so sad. a lot of folks in here gave up on Geno/shilled for Erdrick. I have nothing against DQ as a series. BUT DONT YOU ERDRICK FANS DARE COME ON HERE TO CELEBRATE. Stay on your damn board.

And for the rest of you who gave up on him when the DQ mill started turning, we dont need you passive cowards... I feel so defeated, and you all just sat by ....this is why we face decades of rejection...over and over.

Enjoy your mii costume, you sellouts.

But I'm happy about Banjo, my third most wanted... its gonna take a long time to heal and accept DQ...

I dont care how it sounds I am NOT happy for Erdrick bandwagoners.

I've gone through months of nail bitinganxiety and depression over this whole thing .... I almost want sue Square for mental distress The pain and sadness is way too much.

This meant so much to me... I'll never trust Sakurai or Nintendo again
You understand that there are two DLC slots left and that just because DQ characters made it in doesn't mean Geno necessarily won't, right?

They could (likely will) put out a second DLC pack in the future too. Don't give up just because of today. That's foolish.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Can I be honest? There is no DQ fans harassing anyone here. Acting like that is an inevitability just makes us look like a bunch of jack*****. And believe it or not, some people are fans of both Geno and DQ.

Just be respectful.
Yeah people are getting a little too emotional over our blue puppet boi.

Anyways, already congrats that Banjo Bois, moving onto the DQ Crew.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Can I be honest? There is no DQ fans harassing anyone here. Acting like that is an inevitability just makes us look like a bunch of jack*****. And believe it or not, some people are fans of both Geno and DQ.

Just be respectful.
It's not so much harassment as passive aggressiveness. But either way Erdrick is in so they don't need to come here anymore to discuss him. And we can keep discussing and being hopeful for Geno in the future.

Firox

Smash Master
Good ol' Nintendo, giving themselves the suck down like only a champ could do. Ok, let's look at what we have:

1) Erdrick technically made it so we now have a certain plague of a leaker that will now wreak utter havoc with even a whisper of what comes next.
2) A Geno mii costume has NOT yet been shown, so we can't declare him legally dead just yet. Granted, he's on the table and starting to flat-line but someone could still give him the de-fib.
3) Banjo made it in (much to my joy and relief) so we're still looking at the "anything could happen" precedent.
4) Neither DLC reveal came with a solid release date with irks the hell out of me. "Summer" for "Erdrick" and "Fall" for Banjo is annoyingly vague and slower than I expected. I'm curious how close they're going to cut the Feb 2020 deadline. I mean, they could still make it, but I'm curious what the bottleneck is in the process? Skeleton crew? Budget cuts? I want muh characters! XP

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Is obvious that we gonna get Geno's Mii Costume along with The Heroes (It's already made and they're gonna charge us for it) But It doesn't mean that will end there. DON'T LOSE HOPE!

Also man, I was screaming at my ****ing phone with Banjo, my grandma was worried af, what a wonderful day to be alive.... I wanna see vinny's reaction...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Something to point out: The reactions for Banjo-Kazooie were clearly way more positive than the other character. Just go and look at how many likes one post on the Nintendo Twitter account got than the other. This really should show Nintendo why it pays to listen to fan requests. Also at this point there should be literally no one else standing in Geno's way as far as newcomers go. With Banjo out of the running he's pretty much the most requested Smash character other than Sora.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Basically everytime when new characters announced, some annoying fans would start to harrass other supporters.

Again, Geno is a very special case, and is definitely not similair with general 3rd party guest fighters and the Square characters.

Banjo? Yes maybe abit, but their current status are still different.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just wanna say, it's okay to be emotional about this sort of thing. It may be a video game, but it's clear that this is important to us on a very certain level. Let's not kid ourselves on that. Just always make sure that emotion goes towards anything other than hate, as that just always seems to cause strife. That goes for everyone.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Something to point out: The reactions for Banjo-Kazooie were clearly way more positive than the other character. Just go and look at how many likes one post on the Nintendo Twitter account got than the other. This really should show Nintendo why it pays to listen to fan requests. Also at this point there should be literally no one else standing in Geno's way as far as newcomers go. With Banjo out of the running he's pretty much the most requested Smash character other than Sora.
It's proof along with K. Rool that giving the fans what they've been begging for years for can serve them well. Hopefully, they look at all of this and realize that Geno would be profitable to bring back, after all. We may have lost the battle, but not the war, and Banjo is still a huge victory for Geno in many ways.

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
I'm still shaking is anyone else still shaking oh my god IM SO PUMPED UP right now let's get lOUD LETS GET OUR ****ING BOY

Banjo mother flipPING KAZOOIE IS IN THE GAME
Any thing can happen at this point guys! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

As you can probably tell I'm feeling SUPER good about those last two spots, but no clue who they'll be lmao

now if you'll excuse me i think i need to just like

go on a sprint

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually happy that the freaking DQ stuff got in already. It feels like there's less in the way for Geno to get in, minus Sora, which I think is unlikely. But Banjo was a nice surprise! I like how they used his N64 design. Good stuff. I'm also super excited for Animal Crossing! xD

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I just wanna say, it's okay to be emotional about this sort of thing. It may be a video game, but it's clear that this is important to us on very certain level. Let's not kid ourselves on that. Just always make sure that emotion goes towards anything other than hate, as that just always seems to cause strife. That goes for everyone.
But Cloud's already in the game, though. :\\\

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Yeah guys, we didn't make. But I'm happy for Banjo.

Also, the beginning of the Banjo trailer was again showing the protagonists with the villains. What was that, is Banjo considered a DK villain? The moment I noticed this pattern I was sure that the new DLC was going to be Porky or Sephiroth... I mean, was this just Sakurai trolling us? lol

Firox

Smash Master
So
So true, but now we've only got two slots left to go, and Erdrick reinforces the notion that Nintendo will push something that promotes newer, more "relevant" releases. Then again, I legitimately have no idea who else they could add.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Also, the beginning of the Banjo trailer was again showing the protagonists with the villains. What was that, is Banjo considered a DK villain? The moment I noticed this pattern I was sure that the new DLC was going to be Porky or Sephiroth... I mean, was this just Sakurai trolling us? lol
Clearly, the Duck Hunt Dog is the most vile villain of all.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Now with this, I feel that Geno’s chances have risen up quite a bit. I mean, Banjo and DQ were some of the most hype chars awaiting on the list. And seems that Sakurai-chan is keeping the route of highly requested characters. So, what’s left on the popular queue?
- steve, not likely
- bwd, not likely
- shantae, not likely
- lloyd, could be, but not as requested as geno
- isaac, we’re on the same wavelength but being an assist trophy plays against his chances sadly.
- dixie, I feel around 50/50 with her

So I would say Geno’s sitting on top Of the queue now

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Nah, just Rare mascots.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
It's proof along with K. Rool that giving the fans what they've been begging for years for can serve them well. Hopefully, they look at all of this and realize that Geno would be profitable to bring back, after all. We may have lost the battle, but not the war, and Banjo is still a huge victory for Geno in many ways.
Like said before, I don't think this can be a fan demand theory to justify everything.

KRool's controversy is supposed to be "a main character absent in games for quite a time". Smash bros may indeed please his fans, but it is not the definitely best solution to KRool's issue. KRool still needs to go to another Mario/DKC title right after this.

On the other hand we also have other DK fans who also support Dixie, Cranky, Funky and Pauline. Ultimately DK series needs a new rep, even withought fan demand, Nintendo still have to add new DK fighter.

Again, Geno's current status is "a character that is not acknowledged to be a main character in his series". So he is clearly in a differeny level with KRool and Banjo.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So

So true, but now we've only got two slots left to go, and Erdrick reinforces the notion that Nintendo will push something that promotes newer, more "relevant" releases. Then again, I legitimately have no idea who else they could add.
Sure, they use DQ11 as a base, but it feels much more like a series wide representation. And as we know, DQ is not new.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quick thing; do not make posts attacking other fanbases. You can enjoy or be disappointed about a character, but don't use it to make jabs towards others.

We will come down very hard on that behavior. There is no exceptions to this.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I'm telling you this, I don't see geno being part of the Fighter Pass. So I'd expect Doomguy and someone else (Third Party).

But I see, since now they have 2 characters to work in instead of 4 (Because they're gonna give us them this year), I see very possible to announce an extra character. Like a 6th one out of the pass.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
My apologies for my outburst...but I dont much like being talked down to. I DO have a life outside of this, it just means a whole lot to me. So much. I'm not giving up on Geno, but this was a blow. And it gives credit to sh*the ads like Vergeben...and if those leaks are true..I might as well never tune in for smash stuff again after Banjo. I dont give two sh*ts about anything in those leaks

Losers on YouTube like ThunderProductions get to laugh in my face and go on being jerks. Verge gets to keep talking down to people. and good people like Polar get taken out the game...

It just feels like continuous being nice to someone and thankingy them while they cover you in feces.

And anyone who mocks me for this pain, you're no better than the anti Geno folks all over the internet. I came here to share in mutual disappointment... but now magically everyone else feels fine?!

You all can find other ways to vent your sadness, but I chose to come here.... guess that's not what Geno fans should do. We have to keep our title as the running joke of speculation.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Like said before, I don't think this can be a fan demand theory to justify everything.

KRool's controversy is supposed to be "a main character absent in games for quite a time". Smash bros may indeed please his fans, but it is not the definitely best solution to KRool's issue. KRool still needs to go to another Mario/DKC title right after this.

On the other hand we also have other DK fans who also support Dixie, Cranky, Funky and Pauline. Ultimately DK series needs a new rep, even withought fan demand, Nintendo still have to add new DK fighter.

Again, Geno's current status is "a character that is not acknowledged to be a main character in his series". So he is clearly in a differeny level with KRool and Banjo.
Get well soon. Best wishes <3

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
With all that happened today, who the hell are the last two characters going to be? It's like... fan wise... how are they going to top this?
I feel like Doomguy would be a good choice. He is pretty relevant, Banjo is paving the way for western third parties and he has really been growing in popularity. As for the second... I have little clue. I feel Shantae could make a splash due to Indie representation causing a shake up.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I skimmed through E3 a bit. As I mentioned before I wasn't expecting Erdrick here at E3, but I did expect to see all the DQ heroes being represented. My original theory was that those rumoured 16 slots were coordinated to use all DQ heroes as Alt costumes. But turns out that wasn't the entire case. Unfortunately "Hero" seems to be a mix of Link and Robin. And maybe im a bit salty, but that command menu gimmick would have made more sense with Sora.

For anyone holding out for Sora like me, he seems a bit unlikely at this point.

Still I wouldn't give up on Geno just yet. Although I was expecting him to packaged with the Square Enix character, but he may end up being the second season's "Piranha Plant".

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Actually, that is a very good question. Who else is an extremely popular fan favorite who hasn't made the roster yet, aside from Geno?

I would imagine the last two slots will be taken by Geno (hopefully) and one other individual, but I can't think of who that could possibly be.

What about a REALLY retro character nobody's expecting? What about that guy from Excite Bike who was in the Grinch leak, the one on the motorcycle?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Actually, that is a very good question. Who else is an extremely popular fan favorite who hasn't made the roster yet, aside from Geno?

I would imagine the last two slots will be taken by Geno (hopefully) and one other individual, but I can't think of who that could possibly be.

What about a REALLY retro character nobody's expecting? What about that guy from Excite Bike who was in the Grinch leak, the one on the motorcycle?
You mean Mach Rider? I would love to see her, but I don't think they would have a retro rep be DLC.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
At least Banjo made it, bout time he came back home to Nintendo. DQ is kinda cool, at least we’ll get to play different variations of the DQ Hero though. I still have hope for Geno though, if he’s not DLC this time, I hope he makes it in the next game. My hopes aren’t easily dashed.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only reason I really didn't want Erdrick in as I mentioned was because of bandwagoners, but grats to his fans who did legitimately want him. It helps that other DQ protagonists are in, though Female Erdrick apparently was fake, so Tansut's credibility is called into question on that detail. Until the Geno Mii Fighter costume is shown off, Geno isn't really dead yet. Banjo however, restored some faith in whomever the last two characters might be.

D

Deleted member

Punching Bag posts counts just as much as "attacking fanbases". Don't do it.
Once the Heroes get into the game, I'm going to select Erdrick and have Wario destroy him. It's gonna feel so good landing the shoulder bash on Erdrick.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
i actually had a meltdown a bit before the direct, (unrelated, don’t worry about it) so i missed the first 15 minutes of it. thought only banjo was revealed until a minute or two ago, i’m still sort of reeling from it all. congrats to both DQ and banjo fans, nonetheless! i haven’t played either game but i do have quite a few good friends who love banjo-kazooie (hi Ovaltine Ovaltine i love u buddy) so i was super pumped to see him get in.

however, remember our battle isn’t over yet! sure, genos chances are slim and all but who says we need him in only smash? we can still try reaching for larger crowds and raising awareness of his existence beyond smash bros. we are far from done here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only reason I really didn't want Erdrick in as I mentioned was because of bandwagoners, but grats to his fans who did legitimately want him. It helps that other DQ protagonists are in, though Female Erdrick apparently was fake, so Tansut's credibility is called into question on that detail. Until the Geno Mii Fighter costume is shown off, Geno isn't really dead yet. Banjo however, restored some faith in whomever the last two characters might be.
Luminary's the face, not Erdrick. That's actually an important thing since it literally fits what you argued. You were sure a worldwide character would be used, and you were right. That's just what they did.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Once the Heroes get into the game, I'm going to select Erdrick and have Wario destroy him. It's gonna feel so good landing the shoulder bash on Erdrick.
Yeah seriously I feel like my online winrate is going to go up massively in the next month or so because I'm going to just going to crush the **** out of any new Hero player I go up against lol

Luminary's the face, not Erdrick. That's actually an important thing since it literally fits what you argued. You were sure a worldwide character would be used, and you were right. That's just what they did.
I think it's an incredible stretch to call anything DQ related "worldwide" lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom