• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Geno is in and isn't leaked, it would definitely be far better than him leaking if he were in.

Especially if he comes with a new game that hadn't been leaked either

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I'd take the leak because I'm hungry for info, but the official reveal is always more satisfying.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
If Geno is in and isn't leaked, it would definitely be far better than him leaking if he were in.

Just imagine expecting an April Smash Direct to end with Erdrick, and instead seeing Geno in HD, Geno amiibo confirmed AND a Mario RPG remake completely off the bat.

D

Deleted member

Just imagine expecting an April Smash Direct to end with Erdrick, and instead seeing Geno in HD, Geno amiibo confirmed AND a Mario RPG remake completely off the bat.
Or a Mario RPG Sequel, and maybe even that be an M&L game.

"Mario and Luigi: Return of the Mystical Sky Saviors"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't even know what the base roster had that made it so much time-worthy(?)
All the veterans coming back, Ridley, K. Rool, and the Belmonts.

a lot of the momentum from the base roster speculation is just gone.
That's so true. This DLC train is nowhere as exciting as the base train.

The fact not many leakers put Geno in the leaks really gives me more faith in his chances to be honest because 99% percent of the leakers are fakers.

That would be beautiful.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've just reached a breaking point when it comes to my mental state and how Smash (namely, its particularly toxic fans) has made it deteriorate rapidly. I'm going to distance myself a lot from this thread and Smashboards as a whole, likely for a good while. I'll probably lurk, knowing me, but that's about it.

Love you guys. See you on the flip side. If Geno never gets in, please treat Sakurai and anyone involved with respect. If anyone who hates Geno's fan base reads this, please understand that we aren't all bad, and some of us just want to exist in peace. That's all. Please consider who you harass and bully and the fact that there are good people with real feelings behind the screen.

I'm just... exhausted.

Take care. <3
That's too bad. If you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to PM me.
Agreed. It's not like it was during the base roster. I don't even know what the base roster had that made it so much time-worthy(?) than DLC, but it just happens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still really confident about Geno and SMRPG, but, more specifically in Geno's potential Smash newcomer case, a lot of the momentum from the base roster speculation is just gone.
I think it was the fact that during base roster, it felt like anybody could get in. Scratch that, it felt like almost everyone would get in. Ridley was in, K. Rool was in, and most of the huge fan favorites were nowhere to be seen. The Grinch leak being everybody's dream helped.

Contrast with right now, Incineroar and Piranha Plant proved it was never a priority to go for fan favorites, most characters are disconfirmed as Spirits or ATs, we have an exact number of characters, we know they have to have a stage and music (making a lot of characters potentially redundant, especially if they're from an existing franchise), people are expecting all third parties, and the first character announced was Joker (who is pretty much the polar opposite of K. Rool in every aspect). If everything you want feels impossible, it's harder to get excited.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Geno did appear in the original version of that animation.
I thought so. It's kinda hard to notice him since his lines aren't drawn under his eyes and his hair isn't orange.
I've just reached a breaking point when it comes to my mental state and how Smash (namely, its particularly toxic fans) has made it deteriorate rapidly. I'm going to distance myself a lot from this thread and Smashboards as a whole, likely for a good while. I'll probably lurk, knowing me, but that's about it.

Love you guys. See you on the flip side. If Geno never gets in, please treat Sakurai and anyone involved with respect. If anyone who hates Geno's fan base reads this, please understand that we aren't all bad, and some of us just want to exist in peace. That's all. Please consider who you harass and bully and the fact that there are good people with real feelings behind the screen.

I'm just... exhausted.

Take care. <3
Aww, man. I'm going to miss you, Ovaltine. DM me if you need anything, I'm here for you. :(

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We are just 35 pages away from passing the Brawl thread twice so that alone is an achievement.
And we are very likely to become the most replied newcomer speculation thread for Ultimate before we reach page 1000. That is, unless the Isaac thread gets very active again.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And we are very likely to become the most replied newcomer speculation thread for Ultimate before we reach page 1000. That is, unless the Isaac thread gets very active again.
I doubt that would happen. Unlike Geno, Isaac has a prominent spot in Ultimate, as an Assist so he seems even less likely than Geno at this point.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman

I'm just... exhausted.

Take care. <3
Yo, just seen this. Just know a random Brit on the internet thinks you're cool, always enjoys your posts, and hopes you feel better soon.

The post launch DLC ride is always a slow one, I think it's normal to dip in and out, especially when waiting for a direct of sorts. It would almost be cool if they gave a month for when to expect each DLC character. Or idk maybe I'm just thirsty for info haha. (Still not thirsty enough to crave a leak, I'm at least consistent :4diddy:)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I can understand Ovaltine Ovaltine and her need of a break because I'm THIS close to just leaving PapaGeno's server altogether because it's just so insanely Erdrick-riding and toxic besides. Multiple people have brought up the issues with this and nothing has been done, leaving people to their own devices which is, ironically enough leaving the server and making up new ones that house mostly the same good people from Papa's server. The sad part is all these toxic fakers put on smiley friendly faces to newcomers and to Papa when he join in the speculation, but when he leaves and the new people acclimate they get treated the same way. Unfortunately Papa can't do much as he's busy with his content and his staff isn't taking care of the issue despite that being their job.

I've basically given up trying to debate there and am actively finding people there who are getting sick of it and letting them get a reprieve in our server where they can actually debate with people who are respectful.

Outside of this, I'm also sick and tired of people who think Erdrick is a lock because of talking points. How many times does it have to be said that these points are not evidence to his inclusion, merely talking points about his possibility just like EVERY. OTHER. CHARACTER! Jesus, people really are so naive and hard-headed. Still, there is no reason to give up. If you need a break, sure, go for it, but things aren't really bad for Geno. His chances are better than ever and...

I think it was the fact that during base roster, it felt like anybody could get in. Scratch that, it felt like almost everyone would get in. Ridley was in, K. Rool was in, and most of the huge fan favorites were nowhere to be seen. The Grinch leak being everybody's dream helped.

Contrast with right now, Incineroar and Piranha Plant proved it was never a priority to go for fan favorites, most characters are disconfirmed as Spirits or ATs, we have an exact number of characters, we know they have to have a stage and music (making a lot of characters potentially redundant, especially if they're from an existing franchise), people are expecting all third parties, and the first character announced was Joker (who is pretty much the polar opposite of K. Rool in every aspect). If everything you want feels impossible, it's harder to get excited.
My god, you couldn't be more in the opposite direction. Seriously, do I need to go over again how most of the character inclusions were fan-based? DO MY FELLOW GENO BROS AND GALS NEED PUMPED UP AGAIN! BECAUSE I AM READY AND RARING TO GO TODAY! WOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO~!

*cracks knuckles and wiggles fingers in anticipation*

Alright, so look at all the returning vets with Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Snake and Wolf. In most mock polls, guess who placed highly? Snake, Wolf, and Ice Climbers with the rest of the veterans placing high as well though not quite as high as these three. Mewtwo was the biggest request and was brought back along with Lucas and Roy who also had tons of fan demand, and not only did they come back a game earlier but were still here for Ultimate. Don't forget now that EVERY SINGLE RETURNING VETERAN is fan pick which will likely never happen again in the history of Smash. Thus, for Ultimate alone, that is 6 fan picks right off the bat. Now, let's look at newcomers.

One of the biggest complaints was that Inkling and K. Rool were costumes when fans wanted both Inkling and K. Rool in the game as playable, and the first reveal was Inkling who was very much clamored for since Splatoon is a splash hit (pun intended) and everyone loves our lil' squid bois and gurls. Daisy has been requested for Smash for a very long time and Ridley for longer still despite how Ridley kept showing up as anything but playable. Then we get Simon, who has been requested for a long time as well even if his support wasn't as strong as others and we get Richter as a Japanese bonus. Chrom was complained about not being playable over Smash 4's lifespan and Dark Samus had some support (mainly as a Western-made character) that then skyrocketed once echo fighters were announced. Then, BIG BOI THICC BOI KING K. ROOL! Like, we got Ridley AND King K. Rool, two of the biggest of biggums! There was no way we could get that many fan requests, right? But it happened, and we were hype!

Now the last four are what I call The Questionable Four: where these characters REALLY requested? Here's the kicker: it doesn't matter! We all agree that a balance between fan requests, modern picks and Sakurai's creative genius is the formula that keeps Smash as dope as it is. Isabelle may not have been on the general radar but she has a fan base and is more modern compared to other picks, so her announcement with AC for Switch was brilliant. Ken is an auto-include when Richter confirmed 3rd-party echoes, and Ken is loved more than Ryu! Incineroar is more popular than everyone gives him credit for and is loved by the community once they got the Grinch Turd out of their ears and off their eyes, plus his style really hadn't been truly explored before as there was no TRUE grappler in Smash AND he is a more modern pick to balance out the oldie-yet-not-moldy heavy fan requests. Now Piranha Plant wasn't really as divisive as people let on: sure, it was an off-the-wall pick that only Sakurai could do, but less people were actually mad and more were just confused. Think about it: without holding onto the Grinch Ruse, is Piranha Plant really a let down? No, not in the slightest, as it's Sakurai magic at it's finest.

Now, before we ever heard of Joker, look at the characters brought back to Ultimate: 18! Six of these are returning vets that most of the fanbase asked for and was excited to see; Eight of these are all characters people were excited about being added into the game with most of them being long-time requests; Four of these were lesser requested and were either more modern picks or Sakurai blessings. That means a whopping 14 of these bad bois were fan picks. Oh, but Ultimate isn't about fan picks, right? It's not focused an fan picks at all, is it? Get RIGHT OUTTA HERE with that mindset, it has NO PLACE in our hype zone baby!

So, that's it right? Incineroar and Piranha Plant, since they weren't big requests, are the end of the road...right? HELL TO THE **** NO! WE NEVER SAW IT COOOOOMIIIIIIIING~!

That's right, ladies and gents, you forgot about our first Challenger Pack, the one, THE ONLY....JOKER from PERSONA 5! A game that has apparently lost it's relevance already yet people love it, a character from a game people can't praise enough and gush all over...but there was NO way in HELL Joker could make it to Smash, right? Persona 5 was too niche despite it's amazing sales! We wouldn't get another JRPG character, and it definitely wouldn't be Joker, right? The man was nowhere on Nintendo's radar, right? YET WHO SHOWED UP AT THE GAME AWARDS WITH A SICK ANIMATED TRAILER AND STOLE NOT ONLY AN INVITATION, BUT ALSO THE WHOLE SHOWS AND THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE?! WHO IS THIS MAN CALLED MASSIVE HERO SOCCER GUY?! IS HE A WIZARD?! A GODDAMN DEITY?!

Here is the best part: he has four more reveals to go! Holy **** guys, who the hell are these characters gonna be? It could be literally anyone! It could be Banjo-Kazooie or Geno or Rayman or Bandanna Waddle Dee or Mach Rider or Chorus Kids or Heihachi or Lloyd Irving or Raiden or Scorpion or Sub-Zero or a character from Style Savvy or Master Chief or Ryu Hayabusa or Doom Guy or who even really the **** knows! Hell, Sakurai could go crazy and break more rules we have setup! What if ATs really do get promoted in this pass? What if Sakurai makes Isaac a reality because of the surge in support? What if Goku ACTUALLY happens? We have no idea, because...well, WE HAVE NO IDEA!! Anything is possible with Sakurai at the wheel, yet he always delivers us a wold ride we enjoy...AND WE HAVE MORE CONTENT THAN THE FIGHTER'S PASS! With the additions of returning modes, we may get brand new mode! Hell, we could get more items or stages or even MORE CHARACTERS not even tied to the Fighter's Pass! Sakurai has a team of competent workers, his crazy creative genius, and a SURPLUS of funds. WHO. THE. HELL. KNOWS. WHAT. COULD. HAPPEN!

I have no idea if we will get Geno, but you know what I do know? Sakurai will give us amazing stuff that we will love and he almost always makes the right call, and if he wants something he tends to get it, because who the hell says no to the man the myth the LEGEND Masahiro ****ing Sakurai? According to Reggie, not a single GOT DAYUM one, THAT'S WHO! If Sakurai still wants Geno, we will get Geno, and no PNG with a function or amount of naysayers is gonna stop him from doing it! He knows he's still popular, he knows we want him, and he knows he can make him, and he has the rights to do so as far as we know. Now, we just have to wait and see what happens from here, but we should do so with smiles on our faces and in our hearts and our faith placed in knowing that Sakurai is the man who drains his own HP to cast the magnificent spell that is Smash Bros and that we love him ever the more for it.

Let us all journey down that road together, and hope it leads us to the Star Road, knowing that if it doesn't it will still lead us to something great, speaking of our love for Geno and SMRPG as a whole all the way! And if you need help along the way and think you can't continue or feel like you've lost your way and there is no point, just reach out and I'll take your hand, and so will each and everyone one of us here!

D

Deleted member

Screw 1000 pages, we're gonna make 2000 by the time the DLC speculation ends

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I can understand Ovaltine Ovaltine and her need of a break because I'm THIS close to just leaving PapaGeno's server altogether because it's just so insanely Erdrick-riding and toxic besides. Multiple people have brought up the issues with this and nothing has been done, leaving people to their own devices which is, ironically enough leaving the server and making up new ones that house mostly the same good people from Papa's server. The sad part is all these toxic fakers put on smiley friendly faces to newcomers and to Papa when he join in the speculation, but when he leaves and the new people acclimate they get treated the same way. Unfortunately Papa can't do much as he's busy with his content and his staff isn't taking care of the issue despite that being their job.

I've basically given up trying to debate there and am actively finding people there who are getting sick of it and letting them get a reprieve in our server where they can actually debate with people who are respectful.

Outside of this, I'm also sick and tired of people who think Erdrick is a lock because of talking points. How many times does it have to be said that these points are not evidence to his inclusion, merely talking points about his possibility just like EVERY. OTHER. CHARACTER! Jesus, people really are so naive and hard-headed. Still, there is no reason to give up. If you need a break, sure, go for it, but things aren't really bad for Geno. His chances are better than ever and...

My god, you couldn't be more in the opposite direction. Seriously, do I need to go over again how most of the character inclusions were fan-based? DO MY FELLOW GENO BROS AND GALS NEED PUMPED UP AGAIN! BECAUSE I AM READY AND RARING TO GO TODAY! WOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO~!

Alright, so look at all the returning vets with Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Snake and Wolf. In most mock polls, guess who placed highly? Snake, Wolf, and Ice Climbers with the rest of the veterans placing high as well though not quite as high as these three. Mewtwo was the biggest request and was brought back along with Lucas and Roy who also had tons of fan demand, and not only did they come back a game earlier but were still here for Ultimate. Don't forget now that EVERY SINGLE RETURNING VETERAN is fan pick which will likely never happen again in the history of Smash. Thus, for Ultimate alone, that is 6 fan picks right off the bat. Now, let's look at newcomers.

One of the biggest complaints was that Inkling and K. Rool were costumes when fans wanted both Inkling and K. Rool in the game as playable, and the first reveal was Inkling who was very much clamored for since Splatoon is a splash hit (pun intended) and everyone loves our lil' squid bois and gurls. Daisy has been requested for Smash for a very long time and Ridley for longer still despite how Ridley kept showing up as anything but playable. Then we get Simon, who has been requested for a long time as well even if his support wasn't as strong as others and we get Richter as a Japanese bonus. Chrom was complained about not being playable over Smash 4's lifespan and Dark Samus had some support (mainly as a Western-made character) that then skyrocketed once echo fighters were announced. Then, BIG BOI THICC BOI KING K. ROOL! Like, we got Ridley AND King K. Rool, two of the biggest of biggums! There was no way we could get that many fan requests, right? But it happened, and we were hype!

Now the last four are what I call The Questionable Four: where these characters REALLY requested? Here's the kicker: it doesn't matter! We all agree that a balance between fan requests, modern picks and Sakurai's creative genius is the formula that keeps Smash as dope as it is. Isabelle may not have been on the general radar but she has a fan base and is more modern compared to other picks, so her announcement with AC for Switch was brilliant. Ken is an auto-include when Richter confirmed 3rd-party echoes, and Ken is loved more than Ryu! Incineroar is more popular than everyone gives him credit for and is loved by the community once they got the Grinch Turd out of their ears and off their eyes, plus his style really hadn't been truly explored before as there was no TRUE grappler in Smash AND he is a more modern pick to balance out the oldie-yet-not-moldy heavy fan requests. Now Piranha Plant wasn't really as divisive as people let on: sure, it was an off-the-wall pick that only Sakurai could do, but less people were actually mad and more were just confused. Think about it: without holding onto the Grinch Ruse, is Piranha Plant really a let down? No, not in the slightest, as it's Sakurai magic at it's finest.

Now, before we ever heard of Joker, look at the characters brought back to Ultimate: 18! Six of these are returning vets that most of the fanbase asked for and was excited to see; Eight of these are all characters people were excited about being added into the game with most of them being long-time requests; Four of these were lesser requested and were either more modern picks or Sakurai blessings. That means a whopping 14 of these bad bois were fan picks. Oh, but Ultimate isn't about fan picks, right? It's not focused an fan picks at all, is it? Get RIGHT OUTTA HERE with that mindset, it has NO PLACE in our hype zone baby!

So, that's it right? Incineroar and Piranha Plant, since they weren't big requests, are the end of the road...right? HELL TO THE **** NO! WE NEVER SAW IT COOOOOMIIIIIIIING~!

That's right, ladies and gents, you forgot about our first Challenger Pack, the one, THE ONLY....JOKER from PERSONA 5! A game that has apparently lost it's relevance already yet people love it, a character from a game people can't praise enough and gush all over...but there was NO way in HELL Joker could make it to Smash, right? Persona 5 was too niche despite it's amazing sales! We wouldn't get another JRPG character, and it definitely wouldn't be Joker, right? The man was nowhere on Nintendo's radar, right? YET WHO SHOWED UP AT THE GAME AWARDS WITH A SICK ANIMATED TRAILER AND STOLE NOT ONLY AN INVITATION, BUT ALSO THE WHOLE SHOWS AND THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE?! WHO IS THIS MAN CALLED MASSIVE HERO SOCCER GUY?! IS HE A WIZARD?! A GODDAMN DEITY?!

Here is the best part: he has four more reveals to go! Holy **** guys, who the hell are these characters gonna be? It could be literally anyone! It could be Banjo-Kazooie or Geno or Rayman or Bandanna Waddle Dee or Mach Rider or Chorus Kids or Heihachi or Lloyd Irving or Raiden or Scorpion or Sub-Zero or a character from Style Savvy or Master Chief or Ryu Hayabusa or Doom Guy or who even really the **** knows! Hell, Sakurai could go crazy and break more rules we have setup! What if ATs really do get promoted in this pass? What if Sakurai makes Isaac a reality because of the surge in support? What if Goku ACTUALLY happens? We have no idea, because...well, WE HAVE NO IDEA!! Anything is possible with Sakurai at the wheel, yet he always delivers us a wold ride we enjoy...AND WE HAVE MORE CONTENT THAN THE FIGHTER'S PASS! With the additions of returning modes, we may get brand new mode! Hell, we could get more items or stages or even MORE CHARACTERS not even tied to the Fighter's Pass! Sakurai has a team of competent workers, his crazy creative genius, and a SURPLUS of funds. WHO. THE. HELL. KNOWS. WHAT. COULD. HAPPEN!

I have no idea if we will get Geno, but you know what I do know? Sakurai will give us amazing stuff that we will love and he almost always makes the right call, and if he wants something he tends to get it, because who the hell says no to the man the myth the LEGEND Masahiro ****ing Sakurai? According to Reggie, not a single GOT DAYUM one, THAT'S WHO! If Sakurai still wants Geno, we will get Geno, and no PNG with a function or amount of naysayers is gonna stop him from doing it! He knows he's still popular, he knows we want him, and he knows he can make him, and he has the rights to do so as far as we know. Now, we just have to wait and see what happens from here, but we should do so with smiles on our faces and in our hearts and our faith placed in knowing that Sakurai is the man who drains his own HP to cast the magnificent spell that is Smash Bros and that we love him ever the more for it.

Let us all journey down that road together, and hope it leads us to the Star Road, knowing that if it doesn't it will still lead us to something great, speaking of our love for Geno and SMRPG as a whole all the way! And if you need help along the way and think you can't continue or feel like you've lost your way and there is no point, just reach out and I'll take your hand, and so will each and everyone one of us here!

You are so lucky I saw the video at the bottom of your post before I read the whole thing, because I was so close to not being able to read this while SMRPG OST was playing. Can't wait to read this while "Still, the Road is Full of Dangers" is playing in the background.

EDIT: Okay, I finished reading. You really do make a fine point. Coming from a depressed person, I say we keep up the positivity in here!

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
happy belated Mar10

View attachment 197509

my favorite maryos are
1. Mario is Missing (PC)
2. Paper Mario: Color Splash
3. Super Diaper Mario
4. Donkey Kong (Atari 2600)
5. Sonic Labyrinth
To this day I think Color Splash gets way too much flack for what it isn't, rather than for what it is.
To me, it is a better game than a handful of spinoff Mario games, heck, even in the Paper Mario series.

Eric2625

Smash Cadet
I honestly think that people need to chill out with the whole erdrick thing,i know some people who just say there are only 3 characters left and that erdrick and joker are confirmed.Its kinda sad to see everyone just instantly assume he's in just become some leaker said he was.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This is probably the only thread I enjoy coming to the most. Others are fine, but this one can be chill.

I do agree with the overall feel we have for the whole "There is only 3 characters left" nonsense. In truth, there is a lot going for Erdrick.

Yet, if y'all are familiar with fighting games *Cough cough* Mortal Kombat X *Cough* There was a character that a lot of people were certain with in joining the DLC for that game....Spawn.

It never happened, yet some insiders knew and had on good authority to state "Spawn is coming"

I am getting some weird parallels with Erdrick now after doing some research.

Lets not lose faith gang. Anything can happen in a blink of an eye.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm never losing faith in our puppet boy.

I'm never getting of this train. The only time I will is when we have to hop on the rocket.

This ride goes forever. And I'm not gonna leave it. And neither will any of you.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Geez, you really need to brace yourself for disappointment. There's a positive attitude and then there's... I guess I could call this yelling?

D

Deleted member

I thought so. It's kinda hard to notice him since his lines aren't drawn under his eyes and his hair isn't orange.

Aww, man. I'm going to miss you, Ovaltine. DM me if you need anything, I'm here for you. :(
Yeah you can DM me too. I know we haven't talked a whole bunch but we can talk if you need to. :)

D

Deleted member

Just curious, what is everyone's favorite Mario and Luigi game, and which game do you think would've been cool with a Geno cameo besides Superstar Saga?

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and Sakurai is a jokester.
Or imagine Sakurai shows you the Geno Mii Costume that we all know and says, "April fools, just kidding" and bam Geno is in Smash!

D

Deleted member

I think you agree with me that PiT is severely underrated.
I do, lol.

I first thought I liked Superstar Saga more, but, after I gave it more time, PiT is the winner for me. It was actually the first RPG I ever played, but, at the time, I understood literally nothing about the game. But then I beat it last year and I still remember playing it the first time. It was the first Mario game I ever played even so it's really nostalgic for me.

D

Deleted member

Just curious, what is everyone's favorite Mario and Luigi game, and which game do you think would've been cool with a Geno cameo besides Superstar Saga?
My favorite M&L game is Bowser's Inside Story. A picture frame of Geno would've been cool to see inside one of the houses in Wakeport in M&L Dream Team. The Geno doll could've also been seen inside a bedroom in that game, too.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have a confession. I've never played a Mario & Luigi game. I was never super big into Nintendo handhelds outside of the gameboy color and 3DS even though I've owned every Nintendo handheld.

I never really kept up with Nintendo news as a kid so I just got anything with Sonic or Pokemon on it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Wait, who the **** ever thought Joker was irrelevant? The man has become the next face of Persona and was always intended to be that with things like Persona Q2, the Dancing game, and likely the next fighter revolving around Persona 5. That’s just how Persona is, so I don’t buy anyone saying he was from a game of irrelevance.

I also don’t buy Joker meaning anything for Geno though. He’s just a completely different scenario all around than any of our fan requests really. And Persona 5 on Switch I’m convinced will happen, so I think he’ll make more sense when we see that. Plus the whole Shin Megamo Tensei connection also helps more than likely.

In some ways, he’s the ideal first DLC choice just because he makes everything else in the Pass unpredictable.

D

Deleted member

My favorite M&L game is Bowser's Inside Story. A picture frame of Geno would've been cool to see inside one of the houses in Wakeport in M&L Dream Team. The Geno doll could've also been seen inside a bedroom in that game, too.
I really need to get around to playing BIS lol

I have a confession. I've never played a Mario & Luigi game. I was never super big into Nintendo handhelds outside of the gameboy color and 3DS even though I've owned every Nintendo handheld.

I never really kept up with Nintendo news as a kid so I just got anything with Sonic or Pokemon on it.
I highly recommend them, they're so much fun

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Wait, who the **** ever thought Joker was irrelevant? The man has become the next face of Persona and was always intended to be that with things like Persona Q2, the Dancing game, and likely the next fighter revolving around Persona 5. That’s just how Persona is, so I don’t buy anyone saying he was from a game of irrelevance.

I also don’t buy Joker meaning anything for Geno though. He’s just a completely different scenario all around than any of our fan requests really. And Persona 5 on Switch I’m convinced will happen, so I think he’ll make more sense when we see that. Plus the whole Shin Megamo Tensei connection also helps more than likely.

In some ways, he’s the ideal first DLC choice just because he makes everything else in the Pass unpredictable.
Looking back on Joker's reveal, it's pretty clear that he was used to shatter any and all predictions. (Also obliterated several leakers, but I digress)

And Reggie's comments strung along the lines of "Unforeseen characters like Joker are what we'll see in the Fighter Pack" which reinforced the idea that absolutely no one has a handle on what the pack actually contains. It's a super relevant and recent character in a very popular game from a well-known (by now) series, and he's unique in his abilities and style. By all accounts, he's a new* character in terms of actual game age, which is probably what made him the most unexpected: he's not a gaming legend or icon. And he represents the beginning of characters entirely new to Smash through DLC. (Brief reminder that half of Sm4sh's DLC was returning fighters)

A perfect start-off to the pack.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm just going to be honest here for a sec. I won't mind an outcome where Erdrick has nothing to do with Ultimate in the slightest. Not only will all the "Erdrick is a lock!" people back off, but it will make them realize how much time they wasted talking about a character they thought was 100% in. I only say this mean-sounding stuff because majority of these people are mean af. I said majority, not all.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to be honest here for a sec. I won't mind an outcome where Erdrick has nothing to do with Ultimate in the slightest. Not only will all the "Erdrick is a lock!" people back off, but it will make them realize how much time they wasted talking about a character they thought was 100% in. I only say this mean-sounding stuff because majority of these people are mean af. I said majority, not all.
This is honestly the main reason my view on Erdrick has soured. Before he appeared in all the leaks, I probably would've had a less sour view on him. But after he appeared in so many leaks, anytime someone brought up the possibility of him not being in, the majority of the Smash community would get extremely heated (from what I've seen though, Erdrick's actual fans don't do this lol).

I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom