• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I still think people are trying too hard to force Erdrick into Brave's stats, when they fit Geno so damn well. The name 'Brave' is the only thing that doesn't add up in my opinion. I'm still relatively confident in the puppet boi.

Edit: Also these exciting suggestions of Earthbound 64 or Banjo Threeie being revived is making it really hard to sleep lmao.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I still think people are trying too hard to force Erdrick into Brave's stats, when they fit Geno so damn well. The name 'Brave' is the only thing that doesn't add up in my opinion. I'm still relatively confident in the puppet boi.

Edit: Also these exciting suggestions of Earthbound 64 or Banjo Threeie being revived is making it really hard to sleep lmao.
Well, a lot of the stats (including the height stat) were confirmed to be placeholders shared with Joker, so none of that really matters anyway.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Well, a lot of the stats (including the height stat) were confirmed to be placeholders shared with Joker, so none of that really matters anyway.
Ahh fair enough, looks like I'll have to confidently rely on gut feeling and Yo'ster Cookies/Smilax references for now until further notice then :lick:

link2702

Smash Champion
I have another cancelled game to throw out, and it'd make sense because of Microsoft's new friendship with Nintendo:

Who the hell would expect the kid-friendly version of Conker's Bad Fur day to make a reappearance? The game was near completion and Rare has shown recently that they still have the game.

But I don't know, I also really want EB64, and Banjo-Threeie would be awesome to see as well, if the rumor is true that is.
After bad fur day, I don’t think there’s any actual rational way they could make a more family friendly conker game again. Conker wasn’t exactly a well known game character until bfd, and after it, he was basically famous as the drunken squirrel that bounces on talking sunflower boobs and fights opera singing feces.

Not exactly anyway to return to family friendly after that imo.

D

Deleted member

I'm really feeling confident about Geno in wave 1 too, and a lot of people are really underestimating his chances imo.

And yeah, SMRPG, Mother, and Banjo-Kazooie games all possibly coming to the Switch is really exciting lol

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have an out of the blue question for you all. If Geno were to make a major appearance again in a new Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi game, which one would you want it to be?

D

Deleted member

I have an out of the blue question for you all. If Geno were to make a major appearance again in a new Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi game, which one would you want it to be?
Mario and Luigi. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Paper Mario games and I think they are underrated, but I also think Mario and Luigi would be better due to the awesome quality of the remakes and the stories of them.

Btw, I thought it would be really cool if Geno and Mallow were worked into a remake of Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Btw, I thought it would be really cool if Geno and Mallow were worked into a remake of Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.
That would be awesome! Partners in Time is my favorite M&L game, even though a lot of people consider it the worst in the series. I was able to get past a lot of the gripes most people had with it, such as SP being removed in favor of buying special attacks. Really enjoyed the creepy vibe of the Shroobs throughout the entire game, it's a shame they haven't resurfaced with a major role since, being added to the ever growing collection of forgotten Mario characters.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Geno's chances now that Verge's credibility has gone down to ****.
We know Verge's credibility has gone down, but remember that none of the stuff he got wrong involved Smash, and he's credible when it comes to Smash. Anyone can make a comeback, including him if he tells us what's truly coming in the 3.0 update or when the next DLC character is revealed; if he gets one or both of those wrong, he's done... he'll be on the verge of death. **Laughs like TerminalMontage TerminalMontage 's Dracula**
Since the direct happened, what are your views on Geno's chances of getting in? He gets a 55% from me.
It went from 20% to 50% for me. From my perspective, it's either all or nothing. What's keeping me up is Polar's sources because they were right again with the Direct, and what still keeps me up is the ambassador's Geno DLC rumor.

That would be awesome! Partners in Time is my favorite M&L game, even though a lot of people consider it the worst in the series. I was able to get past a lot of the gripes most people had with it, such as SP being removed in favor of buying special attacks. Really enjoyed the creepy vibe of the Shroobs throughout the entire game, it's a shame they haven't resurfaced with a major role since, being added to the ever growing collection of forgotten Mario characters.
Yeah, I loved PiT too. I remember being SO disappointed when I found out they weren't making a remake of Partners in Time... it probably would have benefited the most from one.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I loved PiT too. I remember being SO disappointed when I found out they weren't making a remake of Partners in Time... it probably would have benefited the most from one.
Partners in Time was actually the first Mario game I ever played (and the second video game I ever played after Smash Brawl), so, yeah , you can imagine how disappointed I was that it didn't get remade before BIS.

However, if the first Mario game I played has Geno and Mallow worked into it, I certainly wouldn't mind and it would be a nostalgia overload.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Something involving Phoenix Wright???What rumor?
No, no, not a Phoenix rumor lmao. Polar's source apparently has heard whispers of two DLC characters being fan favorites. These are just my predictions if those two are Banjo and Geno, as well as what the pass would likely end up being. Phoenix's chances are pretty high, so I put him on there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No, no, not a Phoenix rumor lmao. Polar's source apparently has heard whispers of two DLC characters being fan favorites. These are just my predictions if those two are Banjo and Geno, as well as what the pass would likely end up being. Phoenix's chances are pretty high, so I put him on there.
Polar had also said (according to an unrelated source, I think) that no one knows the DLC.

With all due respect, something doesn't add up here. And I still don't know what the whole blue crab statue thing was about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Polar had also said (according to an unrelated source, I think) that no one knows the DLC.

With all due respect, something doesn't add up here. And I still don't know what the whole blue crab statue thing was about.
Oh, the crab statue was actually a hint to the LoZ LA remake

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, it seems that something has came up that puts Verge's legitimacy further into question:

Oh, the crab statue was actually a hint to the LoZ LA remake
That was Link's Awakening the remake, that she was referring to with that.
Ah, ok. Not exactly the first thing most people would think of.

D

Deleted member

By the way, it seems that something has came up that puts Verge's legitimacy further into question:

Verge has claimed that Gamexplain is aware of who the SE rep is (which I highly doubt), so I wouldn't be surprised if Verge tries/has tried to see what Jon is hiding up his sleeve lol.

And yeah, that's definitely not the first thing I would think for the hint either lmao

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Now that is... extremely suspicious. Makes ya think, huh?

I still think Erdrick is coming, though, but Verge ain't it. Hitagi and Xenother ain't it either. Tansut is what has me convinced. Even then, my hope for Geno will die when I do. :drshrug:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh...to me it feels like Tansut has become a completely different person between games.

For 4, he hid Cloud behind a riddle, and the guy was revealed in no time at all.

Now, he straight up says Erdrick is coming...and nothing has been happening for months so far. When Polar said no one knows the DLC.

Something's rotten in Denmark, I say.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Eh...to me it feels like Tansut has become a completely different person between games.

For 4, he hid Cloud behind a riddle, and the guy was revealed in no time at all.

Now, he straight up says Erdrick is coming...and nothing has been happening for months so far. When Polar said no one knows the DLC.

Something's rotten in Denmark, I say.
No one knew he was a leaker until Cloud was revealed, so that might explain the change. Then again, why be so shady about Cloud, yet behave so frank about Erdrick?

Maybe his source is a higher-up in Square... and Tansut's purposefully trying to mislead and utilize 'Erdrick is leakbait' to the fullest potential. I doubt it, though. My gut's telling me that's not it.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
I mean, i've been saying since the beginning hitagi and xenother are nobodies trying to get on the hype train, and im convinced that verge just had lucky easy guesses early on.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Most of the people who hate Partners in Time are just scrubs. I loved Partners in Time, almost more than I love Bowser's Inside Story. (Superstar Saga is my #1) If anything, the worst in the series for me was Dream Team because they changed the artwork and sprites. I'm ashamed of the new sprites and artwork they did in that game and Paper Jam.

D

Deleted member

Most of the people who hate Partners in Time are just scrubs. I loved Partners in Time, almost more than I love Bowser's Inside Story. (Superstar Saga is my #1) If anything, the worst in the series for me was Dream Team because they changed the artwork and sprites. I'm ashamed of the new sprites and artwork they did in that game and Paper Jam.
Really? I loved the art style of DT, PJ, and the remakes of SS and BIS.

But I do agree with you that PiT is a lot better than people give it credit for.

D

Deleted member

Since the direct happened, what are your views on Geno's chances of getting in? He gets a 55% from me.
After base game released and Joker was announced, it was zero. By the end of the February direct, it's now a good ol' 1% from me. I firmly believe Erdrick is in if everything lines up how I see it, but on the off chance that everything is leak bait and Sakurai really took the Geno outcry to heart, we might get Geno. It's a bit naive of me, but a man can dream. If we get someone like Sora, Erdrick, Sephiroth, or Crono this season, it'll drop back down to a zero.

If Geno doesn't get into this season of fighters and we get a second season, I can see Geno's chances rising to about 20-30%. The whole "Square Enix character" debacle is really what's making me doubt Geno as of now, but later in time will make things less cramped for the little doll.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
No one knew he was a leaker until Cloud was revealed, so that might explain the change. Then again, why be so shady about Cloud, yet behave so frank about Erdrick?

Maybe his source is a higher-up in Square... and Tansut's purposefully trying to mislead and utilize 'Erdrick is leakbait' to the fullest potential. I doubt it, though. My gut's telling me that's not it.
Jesus, BDG, I'm so confused.

xenother just piggied off of Verge, Hitagi never had **** about Smash, and now Verge is in a position where we might not be able to trust some of his information and you STILL are believing leakers on the Smash DLC?

Seriously, Tansut leaked one thing, and that was Cloud. It was just before the announcement and it was cryptic as hell, so cryptic that people forgot about it up until the new Smash Leaks season because everyone claimed Cloud wasn't leaked and most people didn't even see Tansut's post on the matter until way after. Now this person who just suddenly has spotlight again talks about an image leak that no one has seen, we hear nothing about it, and it falls into the cracks and we all forget. He's been super reserved and cryptic, then SUDDENLY he bursts out that Erdrick is in...and you believe that?

Geno's chances keep on rising and...

After base game released and Joker was announced, it was zero. By the end of the February direct, it's now a good ol' 1% from me. I firmly believe Erdrick is in if everything lines up how I see it, but on the off chance that everything is leak bait and Sakurai really took the Geno outcry to heart, we might get Geno. It's a bit naive of me, but a man can dream. If we get someone like Sora, Erdrick, Sephiroth, or Crono this season, it'll drop back down to a zero.

If Geno doesn't get into this season of fighters and we get a second season, I can see Geno's chances rising to about 20-30%.
Jesus Christ, I don't get how you guys keep thinking Erdrick's chances are so high. He's got no more going for him than any other character, hell, Sora has more going for him than Erdrick and if the SMRPG references aren't just cute nods than Geno had more going for him, and my god the stuff lining up for Banjo-Kazooie right now is way more crazy than anything Erdrick supporters can muster.

Seriously, he's a bad pick for Nintendo to make, and I'm positive they know that and he's not happening. Nothing point to him having any real credibility now except one leaker who bursted out about him uncharacteristically while the other leakers supporting him are falling over themselves.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

If Geno doesn't get into this season of fighters and we get a second season, I can see Geno's chances rising to about 20-30%. The whole "Square Enix character" debacle is really what's making me doubt Geno as of now, but later in time will make things less cramped for the little doll.
There is also individual fighter DLC to keep in mind. For all we know, we could get him that way, and that honestly fits him better than being in a huge pass. It'd likely only be him with music anyway. In terms of the Fighter's Pass, though, yeah, I see his chances as extremely low to nonexistent.

Also, ForsakenM ForsakenM I sincerely hope you're right. I'm mostly only believing in Erdrick because that's my least favorite option, and I'm tempering my expectations. I'd probably be far more skeptical if the leak was about Geno lmao.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
There is also individual fighter DLC to keep in mind. For all we know, we could get him that way, and that honestly fits him better than being in a huge pass. It'd likely only be him with music anyway. In terms of the Fighter's Pass, though, yeah, I see his chances as extremely low to nonexistent.
Hot take: Erdrick will be separate DLC because Sugiyama is already pissed that he had to release the orchestra music in a Western release of DQ so he won't do it for Smash and Sakurai won't give us anything less than the best, so Geno comes with a stage and tons of SMRPG remixes and Erdrick comes as either a Mii Costume or by himself with no other content and is essentially an echo fighter of Robin.

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Quick pessimism for a second (sorry).

I feel like music is a disincentive for Square to add Geno since, as far as I'm aware, they claim no right to it. It all goes to Yoko, and given Square's money-oriented way of business, I doubt Geno, a character from a relatively obscure old RPG, is their top priority for a character. This could very easily be untrue, but regardless, the music just seems another nail in Geno's coffin to me.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Quick pessimism for a second (sorry).

I feel like music is a disincentive for Square to add Geno since, as far as I'm aware, they claim no right to it. It all goes to Yoko, and given Square's money-oriented way of business, I doubt Geno, a character from a relatively obscure old RPG, is their top priority for a character. This could very easily be untrue, but regardless, the music just seems another nail in Geno's coffin to me.
The same could be said for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy if I recall correctly.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
You should've seen it when Fatmanonice was ready to drop out... oh man, literally everyone in this thread abandoned ship except for like two people.
I think that's when I dipped out for a while actually. Not because of my disbelief, but rather that all the negativity was just so draining on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom