• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hitagi also leaked Samurai Shodown exactly to a T which is why a lot of people have been keeping their eyes out for him.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I too have a hard time buying Hitagi if they are going to flip flop like that. Kind of as committed to their answers as Brett Favre when it comes to retirement. At least Vergeben is more careful although he too is not immune to verbal backspaces.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why would you say Nintendo and Disney don’t have a good relationship? Again, Mario not being in Wreck-It Ralph is not a sign of that.

Street Fighter V says hi.
Mario was planned to have a cameo in Wreckit-Ralph, but he didn't. Sonic has a cameo in Wreckit-Ralph, meaning that Sega and Disney were willing to cooperate while Nintendo and Disney weren't

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Correct. Hitagi has never leaked a Nintendo or Namco game themselves. The only instance is when they piggybacked on a Switch model dozens of other leakers already talked about. I'm not kidding when I say they've almost exclusively leaked SNK. Verge only says he likes them BECAUSE they leaked the same SNK game. That does not mean Senjou is credible for Smash in the slightest.
Exactly. Him being credible for one game doesn't automatically mean that he has 100% legit source, especially since the named leaked game doesn't have any connections with Nintendo besides from being available on Switch. I'm on nobody's side, but I believe in Verg more than his so called buddy.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. Him being credible for one game doesn't automatically mean that he has 100% legit source, especially since the named leaked game doesn't have any connections with Nintendo besides from being available on Switch. I'm on nobody's side, but I believe in Verg more than his so called buddy.
Did Hitagi also say that Minecraft would receive some sort of representation in the base game of Ultimate?

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Did Hitagi also say that Minecraft would receive some sort of representation in the base game of Ultimate?
To quote, he's said Steve playable, Katalina from Granblue Fantasy playable, and that he's heard Dragon Quest, but no Banjo, Geno, or many of the other requested characters.

I wouldn't say he's worth much attention at all considering he has no relation to Nintendo/Namco games.

D

Deleted member

To quote, he's said Steve playable, Katalina from Granblue Fantasy playable, and that he's heard Dragon Quest, but no Banjo, Geno, or many of the other requested characters.

I wouldn't say he's worth much attention at all considering he has no relation to Nintendo/Namco games.
I agree. The only leaker we can pay attention to is Vergeben

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mario was planned to have a cameo in Wreckit-Ralph, but he didn't. Sonic has a cameo in Wreckit-Ralph, meaning that Sega and Disney were willing to cooperate while Nintendo and Disney weren't
Again, Mario wasn’t in Wreck-It Ralph because they couldn’t find a way to write him in. Bowser did appear, and so did a Super Mushroom and the NES controller (the latter even having a role in the plot). Disney and Nintendo are more than willing to cooperate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again, Mario wasn’t in Wreck-It Ralph because they couldn’t find a way to write him in. Bowser did appear, and so did a Super Mushroom and the NES controller (the latter even having a role in the plot). Disney and Nintendo are more than willing to cooperate.
Even if Nintendo and Disney are willing to cooperate, Nintendo wouldn't want to add Sora in Smash, because it is advertising a competitor's game on a console that isn't one of theirs. Sora is owned by Disney, so he would be a Disney rep, and Vergeben specifically mentioned a Square Enix rep. If Microsoft gets a new rep, like Banjo-Kazooie or Minecraft Steve, then the reason they are in is because Nintendo wants to advertise their games because the Microsoft games are coming to their consoles

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's also important to note that Higati is the only insider that is currently saying:

-Steve from Minecraft is outright playable.

-Dragon Quest characters were among the Square Enix ones regularly repeated.

-Katalina from Granblue is probably playable (but they've gone back and forth on this alot)

-Paper Mario and Advance Wars weren't even considered for characters.

-Namco and Bethesda were never considered for new characters.

-There's strong evidence that Banjo was never considered.

-Geno was never mentioned despite several insiders including Vergeben saying that he was.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Also, in Ralph 2 there's some "?" Blocks in the background at a scene.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Even if Nintendo and Disney are willing to cooperate, Nintendo wouldn't want to add Sora in Smash, because it is advertising a competitor's game on a console that isn't one of theirs. Sora is owned by Disney, so he would be a Disney rep, and Vergeben specifically mentioned a Square Enix rep. If Microsoft gets a new rep, like Banjo-Kazooie or Minecraft Steve, then the reason they are in is because Nintendo wants to advertise their games because the Microsoft games are coming to their consoles
I don’t really see it as Nintendo advertising a game on competing consoles. Rather, it’s using the upcoming game as advertising for the DLC.

Plus, Snake in Brawl and Ryu in 4 are more than enough evidence that they won’t stop themselves from adding a video game icon just because a game is coming to competing consoles.

And this is all ignoring the fact that Dream Drop Distance is readily available on 3DS.

(If Banjo-Kazooie get in, it’s clear that it’s because they’re Banjo-Kazooie. They are not getting a new game any time soon, and if they are it won’t be on Nintendo consoles)

NukeA6

Smash Master
See, I wouldn’t call that blank-slate myself, especially with how he reacts to finding all that out.

Plus, he has multiple further appearances that work to flesh out his character, something that DQ characters haven’t really had to work off of.
His further appearances actually ruin him unless you prefer your protagonists all depressed and anti-social. It's so part of the character that it's used in Kingdom Hearts and his FF7 self is distant. It's even used in this spoof to rep Japanese protags:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I don’t really see it as Nintendo advertising a game on competing consoles. Rather, it’s using the upcoming game as advertising for the DLC.

Plus, Snake in Brawl and Ryu in 4 are more than enough evidence that they won’t stop themselves from adding a video game icon just because a game is coming to competing consoles.

And this is all ignoring the fact that Dream Drop Distance is readily available on 3DS.

(If Banjo-Kazooie get in, it’s clear that it’s because they’re Banjo-Kazooie. They are not getting a new game any time soon, and if they are it won’t be on Nintendo consoles)
I'm pretty sure other people have brought this up, but Snake was added because Sakurai was friends with Kojima and Kojima requested it. On Ryu you have a point. Buuuuut, those were Sakurai's decisions, not Nintendo. I can't think of why NINTENDO would go out of their way to add 3rd party characters not closely related to them and their history. Sakurai is a huge Street Fighter fan, and as I said Kojima's friendship with Sakurai played into Snake's addition. Both of those instances had to do with Sakurai.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure other people have brought this up, but Snake was added because Sakurai was friends with Kojima and Kojima requested it. On Ryu you have a point. Buuuuut, those were Sakurai's decisions, not Nintendo. I can't think of why NINTENDO would go out of their way to add 3rd party characters not closely related to them and their history. Sakurai is a huge Street Fighter fan, and as I said Kojima's friendship with Sakurai played into Snake's addition. Both of those instances had to do with Sakurai.
Simply put, Nintendo wants to sell DLC. And huge, mainstream videogame icons are a good bet for selling.

I don’t think they’re bound to include promotional characters like Corrin for that reason. Corrin sold the worst out of all Smash 4 DLC.

A character like Sora is a much safer bet for Nintendo than one like Geno (even if the Smash fanbase is more likely to buy Geno than Sora). Despite (or maybe because of) him not being as big a presence on Nintendo consoles, they’re not looking to sell other games on Nintendo consoles with DLC, they’re just looking to sell DLC.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
plus i trust polarpanda with the rumor that he told us. I just don't trust hitagi with it being a DQ character. also yeah ryu was on a different console with street fighter 5 but capcom made sure to give nintendo some love for street fighter by giving them a remake of streetfighter 2 and stuff like that.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hitagi, you mean the person who backpeddles and claims they're not sure on characters? They aren't verge's leaker bro. They've only ever leaked SNK games, not even Nintendo or Namco developed games. Verge just likes them personally. There's very little reason to actually trust any of their smash info, lol. And we've pointed out several reasons why DQ makes hardly any sense. No, and for the record he's never even truly leaked a Nintendo game, lol.
I am so happy we have you giving us hope. I just came back here from YouTube because another Sora fan was dissing me and my whole comment section again, so I had to come back here and regain my hope; you're the hero we need and deserve. Also, I don't think you got my message, but I heard about Banjo and Geno being talked about as the first two DLC characters. You're saying Stealth is a leaker and knows it is them? Because I saw a post on Twitter not too long ago that said Banjo and Geno were confirmed as the first two DLC characters as well.

Also, I don't see it in Hitagi, either... they do seem to backpeddle a lot, nor I don't think they've gotten anything right. I'd be surprised if Steve got in, but I don't understand how he could be made as a playable fighter; it just doesn't make any sense, because he would run in such a weird way and doesn't have the ability to crouch all the way like all fighters can. I know Sakurai can make up their movesets since he has before, but I just can't see it with Steve.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't believe Bowser is anywhere to be seen in Ralph 2 at all. That trailer with that brief Sonic cameo showed every single video game character/existing property from the first movie. (Sonic the Hedgehog (& Eggman), Street Fighter, Pacman, Q-Bert, Digdug all made returns)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Simply put, Nintendo wants to sell DLC. And huge, mainstream videogame icons are a good bet for selling.

I don’t think they’re bound to include promotional characters like Corrin for that reason. Corrin sold the worst out of all Smash 4 DLC.

A character like Sora is a much safer bet for Nintendo than one like Geno (even if the Smash fanbase is more likely to buy Geno than Sora). Despite (or maybe because of) him not being as big a presence on Nintendo consoles, they’re not looking to sell other games on Nintendo consoles with DLC, they’re just looking to sell DLC.
Sora is not a safer bet than Geno. Geno and Mallow would benefit Nintendo, not Sora. Geno would also sell better because more people want him. If Sora did sell better, then he would have gotten a Mii costume along with or instead of Geno. Nintendo of America tweeted earlier this year "Are you team Mallow or team Geno?" It is clear than Nintendo hasn't forgotten about Geno

TBone06

Smash Ace
I heard this from someone on Twitter, their name was MegaPKMXY. Look at their Geno post from November 4, they said a Japanese leaker confirmed that the first DLC was true. I don't know if I'm allowed to link, but here's their Twitter; they also said Banjo was confirmed and stuff. PolarPanda PolarPanda , you should take a look at this, too.
https://twitter.com/megapkmxy?lang=en
Is there any credibility to this person?

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I heard this from someone on Twitter, their name was MegaPKMXY. Look at their Geno post from November 4, they said a Japanese leaker confirmed that the first DLC was true. I don't know if I'm allowed to link, but here's their Twitter; they also said Banjo was confirmed and stuff. PolarPanda PolarPanda , you should take a look at this, too.
https://twitter.com/megapkmxy?lang=en
Ohhh MEGAS. I've seen him around.
Don't believe anything from them. They spam 4chan and other forums with their clickbait titles for leaks, and then say their sources are "insiders only for MEGAS" and the like. It's not even worth your time to think about.

Edit: Just take a look at this article from their site: http://nintendoswitchdx.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-1/
It's jumbled and all over the place, and nothing of substance is there.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
To my knowledge, I'm not sure. I'm gonna guess no, but some of the stuff they post on their Twitter is quite interesting. I found this guy's Twitter a day before PolarPanda mentioned Stealth talking about Geno and Banjo as the first two DLC characters, which was quite interesting, because this guy on Twitter also said the same thing. I wanted to hear from PolarPanda on their thoughts about these Twitter posts.

EDIT:
Ohhh MEGAS. I've seen him around.
Don't believe anything from them. They spam 4chan and other forums with their clickbait titles for leaks, and then say their sources are "insiders only for MEGAS" and the like. It's not even worth your time to think about.
I just found them yesterday, so I didn't know about it. Thank you for telling me about them. Yikes, how ridiculous of me for believing them. My apologies. lol

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
To my knowledge, I'm not sure. I'm gonna guess no, but some of the stuff they post on their Twitter is quite interesting. I found this guy's Twitter a day before PolarPanda mentioned Stealth talking about Geno and Banjo as the first two DLC characters, which was quite interesting, because this guy on Twitter also said the same thing. I wanted to hear from PolarPanda on their thoughts about these Twitter posts.

EDIT:

I just found them yesterday, so I didn't know about it. How ridiculous of me for believing them. My apologies. lol
wait if stealth said Geno and Banjo are dlc why aren't we talking about him/her instead of Hitagi?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sora is not a safer bet than Geno. Geno and Mallow would benefit Nintendo, not Sora. Geno would also sell better because more people want him. If Sora did sell better, then he would have gotten a Mii costume along with or instead of Geno. Nintendo of America tweeted earlier this year "Are you team Mallow or team Geno?" It is clear than Nintendo hasn't forgotten about Geno
From a business perspective, Sora is absolutely a safer bet than Geno. I’m sorry to say it, but we are betting on the underdog. While Geno is absolutely a character with a massive hardcore following, Sora’s bound to attract casual fans better, and there are more casual fans than hardcore.

I’m not sure how Geno and Mallow benefit Nintendo, unless there’s a new SMRPG I haven’t heard of.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If Microsoft gets a new rep, like Banjo-Kazooie or Minecraft Steve, then the reason they are in is because Nintendo wants to advertise their games because the Microsoft games are coming to their consoles
Maybe that's why Banjo-Kazooie was recently trademarked, possibly to include Banjo and Kazooie for DLC? That's my guess, only because I don't see why Nintendo would sell Banjo-Kazooie merchandise out of the blue. Hopefully he isn't deconfirmed or anything, but Sakurai and Nintendo should know that Banjo would be the right choice for a Microsoft rep, because he IS the most popular Microsoft rep and has been since Melee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From a business perspective, Sora is absolutely a safer bet than Geno. I’m sorry to say it, but we are betting on the underdog. While Geno is absolutely a character with a massive hardcore following, Sora’s bound to attract casual fans better, and there are more casual fans than hardcore.

I’m not sure how Geno and Mallow benefit Nintendo, unless there’s a new SMRPG I haven’t heard of.
The way Geno and Mallow would benefit Nintendo is that they are Nintendo characters who are owned by Square Enix, so they are the only two Square Enix characters that Nintendo would make money off of. Like I have said before, Geno is a safer bet business wise because Nintendo would benefit from him. Nintendo and Disney do not have the best relationship at the moment, so this makes Sora unlikely. Geno got a Mii costume in Smash 4, and Sora did not. It is also unlikely that Nintendo would refuse to add another Mario character to the roster. And, for the third time, Geno would sell better than Sora because he is more requested

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
wait if stealth said Geno and Banjo are dlc why aren't we talking about him/her instead of Hitagi?
It's because it's debatable. Stealth tweeted "Besides Geno and Banjo, I have no clue who is DLC". This can read as either his speculation, or actual leaking. He never specified, so he could have purposefully meant it to be open-ended. I'm just taking it as a leak because it matches what I've heard, and matches what Verge hear (since Geno is one of the names verge has heard).

I came to this conclusion because Stealth made other tweets about what he would want as DLC and such, and didn't mention Geno. Even if it's not him leaking Geno, it confirms he at least hasn't heard anything discrediting Geno's high odds.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
To add to PolarPanda PolarPanda 's Explanations, We all don't truly know who the SE Rep is. But it would be very hard to work with the Copyrights of DQ as you have to work with a legal web of two companies and a very stingy composer.

And no matter the Leaker, not everyone can be good at finding info on all games. Hitagi was good at finding SNK Games, but he hasn't shown his record yet on Nintendo.

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
It's because it's debatable. Stealth tweeted "Besides Geno and Banjo, I have no clue who is DLC". This can read as either his speculation, or actual leaking. He never specified, so he could have purposefully meant it to be open-ended. I'm just taking it as a leak because it matches what I've heard, and matches what Verge hear (since Geno is one of the names verge has heard).

I came to this conclusion because Stealth made other tweets about what he would want as DLC and such, and didn't mention Geno. Even if it's not him leaking Geno, it confirms he at least hasn't heard anything discrediting Geno's high odds.
so if what stealth said lines up with what you've heard than banjo is also dlc along with Geno right? Im sure you heard of that as well if im not mistaken.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
And, for the third time, Geno would sell better than Sora because he is more requested
This is true because most of Sora's fans are only PlayStation/Xbox players, while Geno's fans are Nintendo players from ages ago and today; it's common sense that Geno would sell more because his fans are literally from Nintendo.

Tell me, do you really think a PlayStation/Xbox Kingdom Hearts player would go through the trouble of buying a $300 Switch, a $60 game, and an amiibo that's probably gonna be worth over $40 due to Disney, just to play as Sora in Super Smash Brothers? No, they obviously wouldn't. I'm a Nintendo and Xbox player, and I can confirm that if I was an Xbox Kingdom Hearts fan, I would not go through the trouble of spending over $300 because of one third-party character in a Nintendo-published game.

That's like saying Mario made it in Killer Instinct, and I'm gonna buy an Xbox One and Killer Instinct for $40 just to play as Mario in Killer Instinct. Seriously, why would I do that? That's literally the same situation as Sora. Nintendo would make the right choice with choosing Geno because he would DEFINITELY sell more. We have Geno's large fanbase from Japan and the U.S., Geno's fanbase IS from and with Nintendo instead of Xbox or PS, and casual Smash players will buy his DLC and amiibo anyway; almost every casual Smash fan/player did it with buying the DLC and amiibos of Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta. The same thing is gonna happen with the DLC characters in Ultimate, as well.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This is true because most of Sora's fans are only PlayStation/Xbox players, while Geno's fans are Nintendo players from ages ago and today; it's common sense that Geno would sell more because his fans are literally from Nintendo.

Tell me, do you really think a PlayStation/Xbox Kingdom Hearts player would go through the trouble of buying a $300 Switch, a $60 game, and an amiibo that's probably gonna be worth over $40 due to Disney, just to play as Sora in Super Smash Brothers? No, they obviously wouldn't. I'm a Nintendo and Xbox player, and I can confirm that if I was an Xbox Kingdom Hearts fan, I would not go through the trouble of spending over $300 because of one third-party character in a Nintendo-published game.

That's like saying Mario made it in Killer Instinct, and I'm gonna buy an Xbox One and Killer Instinct for $40 just to play as Mario in Killer Instinct. Seriously, why would I do that? That's literally the same situation as Sora. Nintendo would make the right choice with choosing Geno because he would DEFINITELY sell more. We have Geno's large fanbase from Japan and the U.S., Geno's fanbase IS from and with Nintendo instead of Xbox or PS, and casual Smash players will buy his DLC and amiibo anyway; almost every casual Smash fan/player did it with buying the DLC and amiibos of Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta. The same thing is gonna happen with the DLC characters in Ultimate, as well.

Unless Nintendo is getting KH3 or even KH1.5/2.5 I do not see Sora ever being a possibility. Even if that was the case, I don't see Nintendo giving their rival platforms free advertising so close to KH3's release. This would have to be done months or even years after KH3 was a thing.

I think the same goes with Dragon Quest 11 unless the title was coming out or plan for the Switch's DQ11 to come out will be announced shortly. But the time frame is playing against a lot of these characters. It gives the 'dead Square franchises' a leg up like Chrono Trigger, Bravely Default and even Secret of Mana

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Unless Nintendo is getting KH3 or even KH1.5/2.5 I do not see Sora ever being a possibility. Even if that was the case, I don't see Nintendo giving their rival platforms free advertising so close to KH3's release. This would have to be done months or even years after KH3 was a thing.

I think the same goes with Dragon Quest 11 unless the title was coming out or plan for DQ11 to come out will be announced shortly. But the time frame is playing against a lot of these characters. It gives the 'dead Square franchises' a leg up like Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG and even Secret of Mana
I agree with this. Even though at the time Cloud made little sense, we now know that they were working on Final Fantasy coming to Nintendo. If there is no plan to bring Kingdom Hearts to Nintendo, it isn't a good business decision in terms of advertising. Sora would sell, but Nintendo could potentially be cannibalizing their own sales.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
No your wrong if Sakurai turned down takumaru just because he wasn't known in Japan, what's makes u think he'll pick Dragon quest? Sakurai has the final say in characters from the selection of characters they gave them so I'm sure he can out right deny them if it doesn't work for sakurai, unless NINTENDO does a corrin move with Dragon quest. The only BIASED options are Nintendo characters. All THIRD party that are currently in picked by sakurai have global appeal and demand for them. Nintendo is a business at the end of the day and picking Geno or even Sora makes sense because they have Global appeal and would sell especially since the west is a huge marketing area. However Nintendo is listening to fans recently and they aren't stupid, why pick Dragon quest when it wouldn't sell well here? Corrin made since because it's Nintendo property and they wanted to promote it the west cause it been out for months in Japan and fire emblem fates came out months after. They have yet to say the release date of the Dragon quest game. Plus last time before the ps4 version it sold so bad they didn't even mention it when talking about their games sales. Plus it sells better when on playstation anyways. Geno makes sense because 1. He has fan demand in Japan and America which proves he would sell extremely well, 2. Fsn requested not just in Japan 3. If Nintendo were to choose a Dragon quest rep and Geno as optional choice you no sakurai's Geno bias would kick 4. There hasn't been a time once during DLC or last time they tried to promote a THIRD party only first party games lmao 5. Geno just financially makes sense from a fan demand sense, a money sense, a sakurai sense, wouldn't risk hoping a character sells in a particular country, and he is already popular here and less popular but still popular in Japan. So I'll ask you again one character that was third party and not first party that was a Japanese only pick. Plus a character being said repeating especially from square enix Mostly especially of its Dragon quest sound like leak bait. Unlike Geno and just like cloud who little to none heard about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree with this. Even though at the time Cloud made little sense, we now know that they were working on Final Fantasy coming to Nintendo. If there is no plan to bring Kingdom Hearts to Nintendo, it isn't a good business decision in terms of advertising. Sora would sell, but Nintendo could potentially be cannibalizing their own sales.
And that isn't to mention that Geno would be a better choice, since he is more requested, and he would benefit Nintendo, unlike Sora

Edit: Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't even out yet, and Vergeben said the Square Enix character will be the first DLC character. For Nintendo and Disney to start working on KH3 coming to the Switch, they have to have a good relationship, which they don't, and Kingdom Hearts 3 will have to already be out at the time, which it won't be, considering that the first DLC character is likely to be announced by the end of the year

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind while everyone is saying including certain Youtubers with and without sources are saying Sora or Dragon quest, little to if not, none knew cloud's inclusion to smash so just because you don't hear Geno doesn't mean he is coming if anything it makes him more likely and Sora and a Dragon quest rep more likely as leak bait.

D

Deleted member

Keep in mind while everyone is saying including certain Youtubers with and without sources are saying Sora or Dragon quest, little to if not, none knew cloud's inclusion to smash so just because you don't hear Geno doesn't mean he is coming if anything it makes him more likely and Sora and a Dragon quest rep more likely as leak bait.
I agree with you. Although, Tansut new about Cloud in Smash 4, and he was the only person to. Jon predicting Geno is interesting. He predicted all the FF games coming to the Switch, and specifically didn't predict the 8th FF game. If he was incorrect and Square Enix was feeding him leakbait, wouldn't he have not known that not the 8th FF game, but rather the one before and the three after were coming to the Switch?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

I think the same goes with Dragon Quest 11 unless the title was coming out or plan for the Switch's DQ11 to come out will be announced shortly. But the time frame is playing against a lot of these characters. It gives the 'dead Square franchises' a leg up like Chrono Trigger, Bravely Default and even Secret of Mana
Well, we're in luck, because an IGN article was released quite sometime ago and said the KH3 Director has no plans on wanting KH3 on the Switch until after it releases in January; I even hear that a lot of KH developers don't even want it on the Switch. If the Director says he's got no plans at the moment, then I doubt we'll even be getting KH titles until like 4 more years. Remember that Square's more focused on getting their FF titles on the Switch, KH is all Disney. Square would be more concentrated with their ACTUAL-owned games. Square said they even want KH3 on the Switch, and you know how they are with their own leaks/inside info getting out, they wouldn't even be saying anything if KH3 was coming to the Switch in order to surprise their fans.

DQ XI isn't coming out for quite sometime, and it would be weird to advertise a DQ rep right now, considering that our first DLC character is the Square character. DQ XI isn't said to come out until later next year or even 2020. Even Fatmanonice Fatmanonice gave quite the clear evidence on why it can't be a DQ rep, unless they get really lucky with a DQ rep.

the guy is incredibly toxic, being super anti LGBT and denying Japanese war crimes
And he made a good point with literally the DQ composer being toxic, anti-LGBT, and even denying Japanese war crimes... Mr. Game and Watch's BS "racism" against Native Americans wasn't even a thing, but having a composer ACTUALLY denying war crimes and being anti-LGBT? Sakurai, Nintendo, and Super Smash Brothers would be considered "evil", even though it's literally not, and this would literally give Nintendo a false bad name for no reason, which means other third-parties are gonna look at their reputation and say, "Oh, these people are anti-LGBT and support a man with denying war crimes? You aren't using our characters, sorry." The people that got mad at Mr. Game and Watch probably don't even play Smash, it's quite ridiculous to see that even happen, and I don't want to see that BS stuff happening again because of a composer.

Here's a little extra: Sora's DLC and amiibo profit would go directly to Disney, it wouldn't even go to Nintendo or Square as much because Disney owns Sora 100%. I doubt Nintendo would choose Sora, remember that Nintendo and Square would only be getting 10% of the profit; if they choose Geno, they'd get 50% of his profit, and Square would benefit 50% from Geno, too. It's quite clear that Geno would be a better deal.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you. Although, Tansut new about Cloud in Smash 4, and he was the only person to. Jon predicting Geno is interesting. He predicted all the FF games coming to the Switch, and specifically didn't predict the 8th FF game. If he was incorrect and Square Enix was feeding him leakbait, wouldn't he have not known that not the 8th FF game, but rather the one before and the three after were coming to the Switch?
That's why i said little to none knew about cloud as DLC which is good especially if since square enix is making leak bait plus everyone thinks it's Dragon quest and or sora including leakers and supposedly inders. Because if Dragon quest and Sora are the most passed around names they are most likely leak bait from square enix and Geno is less likely leak bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom