• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
That...felt like a slap in the face. They made Geno a Spirit but put PIRHANA PLANT IN?! NAH, THAT'S BS.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Wait! Geno is a spirit?! Dammit, well I hope he still has a shot in DLC. At the very least, he's not an AT.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
So, I'm not preordering the game or buying Pirhana Plant lol. Also not getting the Fighters Pass in case it forces PP on me.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I want to remind everyone please do not hold this against the Smash Bros team or Sakurai. Do not flood social media with negativity. We have all seen different character communities do this many times. As of right now, I want to ensure that we all remain in a positive light. It isn't anything new to us.

Let's just keep going and see what happens.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
You guys there's still 5 DLC characters.

Vergeben has been NOTHING BUT RIGHT, and he said we're getting a Square Enix rep.

There's still hope. Geno isn't out yet.

domriver

Smash Lord
Well first off i enjoyed the direct. Geno was absent from this direct it could very well mean he is bein saved for dlc. Im not counting Geno out yet. But yea disappointing geno was a complete no show oh well. I feel bad for shadpw and issac chatacters :(

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I'm not even mad about Piranha Plant. The idea is so hilarious that I can't even be mad at it. Here's hoping our boy makes it as DLC!

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
I'd like to know who did the Grinch leak and how it was done, because darn it took us for a ride!

Oh well, gonna campaign for DLC inclusion. I do admit the stark disappointment in Isaac being an AT.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
This was... The worst outcome honestly. He's a Spirit? Smh, please don't let that he a deconfirmation... I'm like really bummed. Sadly the Boxist won.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, here's the upside, a spirit is a whole lot less damning than a Mii costume or Assist Trophy, especially since Spirits are the equivalent of trophies this time around. Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in SSB4. Guys, we're going to play this out, okay? Sakurai said there's a year left and all the characters were decided at the start of development. Let's just hang on.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Geno was a spirit. That's not a deconfirmation, there's spirit including playable characters (I saw one with Kirby).

Still, it was a really bad direct (and don't get me wrong, I love Incineroar and I love Ken), Shantae is also a spirit. And Isaac is a damn AT (that was the biggest insult of this direct).

But, yeah, we can still campaign for DLC !

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Someone Screenshot it if's actually true, becuase i didnt see geno as spirit

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Oh, the feeling of dissapointment is very big right now...I even said to myself that I would stand no matter the result....but.... :(
Still, as a smash fan, I'll play it with my heart. It's still an awesome game with a lot of content. Let's cheer up....in the best way we can :(

Also Piranha Plant is so off that it's hilarious, lol. Sakurai, your trolling never ceases to amaze me xD

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
I still have hope for Geno as DLC. I think it's better in a way, if he does make it in as DLC, he'll come with a stage and music tracks. I do agree that seeing him as a spirit doesn't mean he won't be in as a character.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Do not fear my friends of the puppet. I bet my left nut Geno is one of the 5 DLC characters..... IF the spirit thing isn't already smashing his chance....?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The only thing I can think of is if someone who was actually playing the game posted it. I didn't see it in the direct.
No one saw it, i think., just some people claiming it
Unless someone has a screenshot

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I had braced for it and it still hurt. Mostly because of that Pirahna Plant reveal felt like it could be Geno and then that little **** showed up (I have no idea what to make of it. I mean, neat, but seriously?)

That Direct sucked on multiple levels and not just character reveals. Pacing wise it felt atrociously all over the place and I still have questions about the game and modes... Spirits was a pretty big let down as it actually seems like low effort trophies and redlined matches with modifiers. Online seems to have actively been made worse since there is no longer a pure guaranteed no item stock mode (One of my biggest what the **** moments in the Direct). It looks like we lost modes with regards to Multi-Man Smash... Like damn, this whole Direct felt bad to me.

And that’s speaking nothing of the character deconfirmations. Spirits unceremoniously dumped a ton of them (I guess they’re not out, but that hurt). Dixie Kong, Geno, Shantae, Chibi-Robo, etc. barely even getting a moment. The assist trophies were even worse in how big of a deal they seemed to make them. Isaac especially hurt cause they even gave him a more varied move set. Sakurai seemed so proud of them, and I just disagree that assist trophies are anything other than disappointing. They should have been revealed before now.

Sakurai definitely misplayed his hand almost all around it seems. August was the epitome of hype, this wasn’t. The reveals were all wrong and ending on Incineroar was the wrong call by far. Again, I expected it, but I feel like at this point he should have more understanding of the final reveals. Incineroar himself and the Pirahna Plant at least look interesting character wise, so I don’t hate them.

I just can’t understand why the hell a Pirahna Plant was made any sort of priority despite the unique move set. For crying out loud one got in before Bandanna Dee...

And I wish that we’d gotten the first DLC character proper revealed even if it’s just a static announcement like Mewtwo was... but hey we know we’ll get five so, there’s our five other stages! /s

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
i finally understand how waluigi fans feel.
at least he confirmed dlc. there's hope for the genobros and isaacboys.
sakurai might do us dirty sometimes, but he wouldn't do us THIS dirty.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
It's not over.

Honestly, the plant was kind of a slap in the face.

However, I'm supporting Geno to the end. I'm not going to lose hope.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
where have you guys seen the geno's screen shot because i looked at the direct and I didnts see it.

TheStarlightsFlower

Smash Rookie
I feel numb right now...

A piranha plant over Geno? Isaac? Shantae? Any other in demand character? It feels like a slap in the face.

I thought that spirits was going to be an adventure mode with Geno tied in a major role somehow since he himself is a spirit... While I understand the mechanics of spirits and it's another way that Sakurai can say that "Everyone is here!", it feels... cheap in a way? I don't know. I'll have to think about it. :/

Here's hoping for DLC, which like someone said may be better because he'll come with both a stage and a music track. I just want to see my favorite star spirit get the love and recognition that he deserves... ;_;

TBone06

Smash Ace
I think that that's a profile pic for the online mode, which explains why Klaptrap is there too.

I'm not sure though.
I re-watched, and I didn't see anything. It could just be oversight on my part, but I think you're right about that.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Just one thing Genobros...

Why would a character on the banner leak be an assist trophy? Think about it, why? Why would they go out of their way to draw long fan favorite picks, put them on the banner (wich is going to be promo material btw, if theses dudes are assist, it's false advertising) just to make them assists? That's downright cruel.

We're only 28 hours from the direct. Replay SMRPG, talk on this thread , but seriously, don't bother with these "insiders" and what-not. They know the game as much as we know it.
Oof, like double oof...you know, since both Shadow and Isaac are ATs.

Yeah, gotta say, while I'm grateful for the game and Incineroar is hype and that Spirits mode anime intro with the lyrics was dope...I'm a bit somber.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Well damn. At least Spirits mode looks great, and piranha plant is a great choice. I mean, I certainly don't want him, but it shows that we can bet on what Sakurai is thinking as much as we want, but the house always wins. Geno being a spirit and not an assist means he's prime for DLC.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
For what it’s worth, he’s still standing which is more than I can say for a lot of the characters we’ve talked about this hype cycle. Let’s go with spirits not de-confirming characters and there’s a few left (if we don’t, I honestly have no clue how we’ll have anyone left...)

Assist trophies are probably out and he confirmed they picked DLC a while back. So Isaac, Ray Mark II, Dillion, Fatal Frame character, etc. are all down. Spring Man and Rex, the two most speculated DLC fighters are out.

Who’s still standing? Geno, Dixie Kong, and Shantae are Spirits, so maybe on them.

I’ve yet to see Bandanna Dee anywhere, so he’s hanging on. A Rhythm Heaven character is still theoretically possible as well. Then we have the remaining third parties all around that can throw a wrench in things...

So, yeah, yay for waiting til DLC...

TBone06

Smash Ace
The other thing I thought of, this Direct shows Vergeben has some credibility. Meaning a Square DLC could still happen. I don't think it's deconfirmation. We still have a chance, and honestly, with Spring Man, Isaac and Shadow revealed as AT's and Rex confirmed as a costume, I think we still have a shot.

I guess it depends on what that image going around is, but I don't think that's from the direct (someone please correct me if you saw it in the direct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom