• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
I'm staying up watching videos on YouTube, listening to super mario rpg music, and playing games until the smash ultimate direct.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Star road is fixed and I am wishing with all my might!!!

I don't personally believe it's happening, but God do I hope I am wrong.

Good luck, everyone <3

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just stopping by to say good luck to us all for tomorrow's Direct. I know the site won't be accessible for a while after it.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
So, I posted this in the main thread, but I thought it could get some interesting discussion going. It kinda got lost in the ether. What do you guys think?

So I had a weird idea. I got it thinking about Ditto and how a lot of the AT now have fuller move sets.

What if the Assist Trophy could also spawn any of the playable fighters on the roster in addition to the Assist Trophies. For example, if he's not a chosen fighter, Mario could show up and do a few moves, maybe end with his final smash, then poof out of existence.

If this was a thing, literally every fighter would also be an Assist Trophy. IT would been being an AT would not longer be a dis confirmation, and it would make most of the conflicting information provided by insiders suddenly not conflict any more. Specifically how we have those saying some fighters are assist trophies while others say they are playable characters.

Just a thought though.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
It's almost time guys, only about 14 hours stands between us and the final direct before the game's release.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I predict he'll be the final reveal, like the direct will literally end with him. I think he's the most likely character from the leak besides Ken, so the whole thing being fake doesn't matter in terms of Geno.

The Square rep rumor went on for months, it's Geno. It's not Sora.

MSS

Smash Cadet
This has been a hell of a ride...we will see in a few hours if our journey is over.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
So, I posted this in the main thread, but I thought it could get some interesting discussion going. It kinda got lost in the ether. What do you guys think?
Oh man, I love this idea! It reminds me of how Assists work in some other fighting games, like Shounen Jump Super Stars and such.

I would love to be able to choose an Assist character from the playable roster that appears whenever I get an Assist Trophy. So like, before a match, I choose Pikachu to play as, and then select... I dunno? Ganondorf? as my Assist. Then if I manage to grab an Assist Trophy Item during the match, it will spawn an AI-controlled Ganondorf for like 10 seconds to help me out. (Preferably a Ganondorf who uses magic instead of Falcon Punches, but that's a lot of wishing for one idea already.)

If something like that were the case, that could mean that any currently-known Assist Trophies could become playable (great for Ashley/Waluigi/Isaac fans?).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello, Geno bois...
Speaking on the behalf of the Chorus Kids gang, I'd like to say that we are rooting for your man, and all of the Grinchy seven...

Keep wishing on that star...

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Hey Genobros, how're we holding up atm?

EDIT: PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate I really hope this doesn't bother you at all, but I'd love it if my name was added to the support list before the eventful day that is tomorrow! Thank you!

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
12 hours, everybody. In 12 hours, we'll know if Geno and our other wanted newcomers are in the game.

hype.gif

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hey guys, I just wanted to pop over from the Isaac thread and say that I'm rooting for you. I've never played much of Super Mario RPG (I'm a bad Nintendo RPG fan, I know), but I've been seeing you guys cheering for Geno since back in the Brawl days and I'm hoping that tomorrow will finally be your day to get the character you've been asking for. Good luck!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey Genobros! Isaacbro here giving you all support for tomorrow! This wild ride is almost over. I hope it means our RPG Boys will make it in for real after so long.

I am also 95% real on the Grinch leak. With that said, The Grinch Crew shall rise victorious and save Smash hype!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
These seem to be the people that are being added to the FINAL list (Pre Geno in Smash era list)

DragonFire04

paper roxy

TheStarlightsFlower

BlastState

hashupa

mbvswb

Arcadenik

bardbowman

Icyllya

NeerTheEngi

Just a random scrub

J355315R4D

Hyrulekoopa

SomeGuy328

Demonfunds

Iancineroar

freebird87

Raijinken

?!?!?!

CraziiDamon

owjies

WiredRM

WarioTheLegend

Axelocke

XenoNeX27

Asxin

SoopahSanikMoo

Penroze

SGoW

Zethoro

Pillsbury_******

alemerltoucanet

Necro Toad

TheBeastHimself

SilvaFoxx

AirMac1

amazonevan19

Rubbertop

valkiriforce

maf91186

MephistoSlayer

MooseSmuggler

Robertroid

Drakonix

Luigifan18

Dyllybirdy

Ring-a-Sheep

SSBBDaisy

Gotta

axel_

MEra

cool mario bros

AuraCuba

BoyMan

FalconFire93

SSBDucky

If you are not on this list, or in the OP. Like this post or the OP soon. I need to get to bed early in order to watch the direct

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
These seem to be the people that are being added to the FINAL list (Pre Geno in Smash era list)

DragonFire04

paper roxy

TheStarlightsFlower

BlastState

hashupa

mbvswb

Arcadenik

bardbowman

Icyllya

NeerTheEngi

Just a random scrub

J355315R4D

Hyrulekoopa

SomeGuy328

Demonfunds

Iancineroar

freebird87

Raijinken

?!?!?!

CraziiDamon

owjies

WiredRM

WarioTheLegend

Axelocke

XenoNeX27

Asxin

SoopahSanikMoo

Penroze

SGoW

Zethoro

Pillsbury_******

alemerltoucanet

Necro Toad

TheBeastHimself

SilvaFoxx

AirMac1

amazonevan19

Rubbertop

valkiriforce

maf91186

MephistoSlayer

MooseSmuggler

Robertroid

Drakonix

Luigifan18

Dyllybirdy

Ring-a-Sheep

SSBBDaisy

Gotta

axel_

MEra

cool mario bros

AuraCuba

BoyMan

FalconFire93

SSBDucky

If you are not on this list, or in the OP. Like this post or the OP soon. I need to get to bed early in order to watch the direct
If I'm not on the list yet, then I'd like to be.

KnightShift44

Smash Rookie
Geno Bros:

Although this is my first post, I just wanted to add to the thread that I am amazed by all the love and support pouring out here. Super Mario RPG was my childhood gateway into RPGs and moreso, video games as a whole. Geno was ALWAYS my favorite character. Even when I was too young to realize 15 Megalixers/KeroKeroKolas(sp) in your inventory could save you the Toadstool spot in your party, my original three were Mario, Toadstool, and our boy.

At the end of the day, SMRPG was GENO’s story, his destiny to restore order to the world. And yet, he stood as the voice of reason, a sage like figure with agility, power, and the perfect blend of magic and artillery. Don’t want to decide between a wizard and a sharpshooter? Young me didn’t have to.

Here’s wishing that all our dreams come true tomorrow! As a side note: my dream move set for him would include the following:

Down Special: Geno Boost, +125%-150% attack/defense for 15 seconds or until you take X amount of damage.
Up Special: Geno Flash, clouds with multicolored rays surround Geno and propel him upwards. Similar to Bayo’s up special with the ability to angle left or right slightly.

Also hoping his throws have the star gun effect!

Hopes for an entrance: All the new villains are wrecking havoc. Bowser knowing these are “bigger fish to fry” attempts to protect Peach alongside donkey Kong and Dixie Kong after Diddy Kong is taken out, but the odds are slim. Geno Awakens plays, a bright twinkling light descends from above and a Geno doll can be seen clutched to one of the remaining allies hands (Luma?). We hear the infamous Geno Beam startup and it cuts across Ridley, Dark Samus, King K Rool.

HYPE!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't been actively participating during this round of character speculation, but I did back during Brawl, and even a bit during Smash 4. That said, Geno has always been my most wanted character. I've lurked around here, followed everything on YouTube, and I'll be watching tomorrow with my fingers crossed along with the rest of you. It feels likely. I've got faith. And I'm excited.
I was just thinking of some of the old Geno supporters that haven't posted in a while

Good to see you, and it may be right before our victory

We'll know in 12 hours

Last edited:

blubber68744

Smash Rookie
Well, happy halloween everyone, tommorow is pretty much our judgement day, whether our boy Geno gets in smash ultimate hangs on it, so heres to hoping that banner is real or Geno and others many want get in the direct.

NeonBorealis

Smash Rookie
“I serve… a higher authority…”

View attachment 142393

This will be the main topic for discussion the character potential of Geno, one of the main characters from the game "Mario RPG" for the Super Nintendo. I'll update as I think up more information or people post something good. For those interested, his Japanese name is "ジーノ", so that's something to look for from Sakurai/ Japanese sources.

Art by Sean Hicks, Omni Jacala, & Chris Szczesiul

The Brawl Geno thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298

The entire thread is ALSO posted in the "Credits" section

TO ENSURE BEING ADDED TO THE SUPPORT LIST, "LIKE" THE OP

List of Supporters
♥♪!?
@-Coco-
@?!?!?!

A
@Aerospherology
@AirMac1
@amazonevan19
@aquasound
@astralAenigma
@AugustusB
@AuraCuba
@axel_

B
@Banjodorf
@Bendario
Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane
@BlastState
@BlastoiseKoopa98
@Blue Hunter Z
@Blue_Sword_Edge
@BluePikmin11
@BoyMan
@BrashCandicoot

C
@candyissweet
@CBO0tz
@CF711
@Chalo5000
@ChaosSharpedo
@coolcat12347
@cool mario bros
@Crap-Zapper
@CroonerMike
@ctt4lfecw

D
@Dalek_Kolt
@Dan
@Danelo_G_3
Darkfur Darkfur
@Denomon3144
@Dionaea_floridensis
DjinnandTonic DjinnandTonic
@dkkrang95
@domriver
@Dragon lord
@DragonFire04
@Drakonix
@Dreamking
@Duck$mash
@Dyllybirdy
@Dynamic Worlock

E
@EarlTamm
@ehat3805
@EntropyAtrophy
@ErenJager
@EricTheGamerman

F
@False Sense
@FamicomDisk
@FCZHornet
@FE_SLaDe
@Fenriraga
@Flynn__
@FooltheFlames
@ForsakenM
@Freduardo
@Frosty Pops
Funktastic Funktastic
@FurretBro

G
@Garbage Cat
@Gazorpazorpfield
@gebi
@Geno Boost
@GenoComet
@GenoStrike
@GenoREBORN
Gerrothorax Gerrothorax
@Giga Kaiju
@GonzaGears
@GooberHonker
@goodspeed87
@Graf von Tirol
@grizby2
@Grunky Peep

H
@Haunted237
@Hero044
@Houndstooth
@hashupa
@hydrokyogre

I
@IGuessItsOver
@InkyNeko
@InsaneHippo
@ItalianBaptist

J
@JamesDNaux
@Jaster
@Jazzy Jinx
Jetsurge Jetsurge
@JoeStronger
@Johnknight1
@JustCallMeJon
@Justy7s

K
@Kaeltor
@Kalomaze
@KanataLen
@Fatmanonice
@KCCHIEFS27
@Kero!
@KingPotato
@kiteinthesky
@Klimax
@Kooj Kooj

L
@lanky_gunner
@Link Okumura
@link2702
@Lisbon Mapping
@LiquidBoxcutter
@Lord Tetris
@lordrogersmith6485

M
@Makko Slade
@MaskedMyster
MattX20 MattX20
@Mariobro_
@MarioMeteor
@Marvel-Otaku-Man
@Mogu
@Mr Gentleman
@MrBill0327
@MrGameguycolor

N
@Nauzgo
@Nazyrus
@Nazzul
@NebulaWords
@NintendoFan388
@Noipoi
@NovaFight
@NukeA6

O
@Oasis_S
@Oblivion129
@OptimisticStrifer

P
@paper roxy
Phantom Joker
@PhantomShab
@PhilosophicAnimal
@pika.thunder25
@PolarPanda
@Popsydoodles
@praline
@PreedReve
@Pryze
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

R
@Rapwned
@Raider 88
@RedDragon64
@Red Dead Redeemed
@Raheem The Dream
@RetrogamerMax
@RosaPeach

S
@S.F.L.R_9
@Scoliosis Jones
@Seadra
@Sean Wheeler
@SEGAGameBoy
@SevenGameSet
ShroomEL ShroomEL
@Sigran101
@skydogc
@Sleeps with Butterflies
@Slender
@slopdop
@smash puffle
@SmashKeks
@SniperGabe
@socandrewcer
@Solmatter
@SonicSmasher1
@SorrowOfAcheron
@SpaceCadetKeon
@spoilerowl
@SSBBDaisy
@SSGuy
@Standlord
@Strider_Bond00J
@SuperNintendoDisney
@SuperNintendoKid
@SuzyHeart

T
@TBone06
@TCT~Phantom
Teeb147 Teeb147
@TerminalMontage
@ThatIsFalco
@THE 6r
@TheBeastHimself
@TheCJBrine
@TheOneAndOnlyLuki_
@TheStarlightsFlower
@Thirdkoopa
@thirsty-pocket
@ThoughtfulWanderer
@Tinfoil
@Tiymako
@ToasterBrains
@Toasterman247
@TooManyToastahs
@TreeBranch
@Turtlar
@TylerTheYoshi
@tyrus+

U
@UberMadman

W
@Wambo
@WampaWreckage
@Willoftacos
@Wind Chill
@winged hero

X
@Xigger
@xpnc

Y
@yakko789

Z
@Zabadoo
Ze Diglett Ze Diglett
@ZelDan
@Zoljinx_
@ZTurtle
@Zyphyris

(201 confirmed members so far)
(1 unconfirmed members so far)
(With Legacy Supporters, it's over 250!)

Legacy Supporters (Beta Version)
Past Supporters of Geno that haven't posted in this current thread
@AIM0001
@APC99
@AEMehr
@acekidgravity
@Autumn ♫
@andimidna
@ArturoLamilla

@bagoly14
@Big-Cat
@Booster
@Banjo-Kazooie

@ChunkyBeef
@cool mario bros
@Cyberguy64
@Chauzu
@Cheezey Bites
@Crawful
@Creo

@Drs. FalKoopa
@Dark Emperor Hardin

@Ember Reaper
@EmceeEspio
@Enigma14
@Etc_Guy

@Frontiers
@Foz
@Ferio_Kun
@FZ64
@Fisher

@geno
@Guybrush20X6
@goodspeed87

@Holder of the Heel
@Hoots
@Hero_of_T1me_1997

@Iko MattOrr
@IVIr.G
@iam8bit

@JohnnyJoestar~JoJo

@Knuckles the Knuckles
@Kind Dedede
@Kevandre
@KVLTofMetal
@KenboCalrissian

@LaniusShrike
@Lilfut

@MR. K
@mrbrawl
@M52B28
@Mr. Mumbles
@Matthew "Demo" Rak
@Mariohuge
@Mariuigi
@Marxally

@Neosquid
@Neanderthal
@NukeA6
@NessOnett
@Nintendo_Addict
@Nguz95

@Oblivion129
@Oracle_Summon
@OddCrow

@papagenos

@Rockaphin
@RetroBro

@Shorts / Shortiecanbrawl
@SmashShadow
@Starcutter
@shadowjosh
@Sinn
@SirGalvan
@Steelia
@sunfallSeraph
@StaffofSmashing
@STARRRaptor
@SchAlternate
@Staarih
@Simensis
@SilverWind1
@Skyfox2000

@True Blue
@Thebluecomet
@Two Big Guys For You
@theenlightenedone

@VictoryIsMudkipz
@Vyzor
@vicgur

@Wondra
@Wizzrobe
@Wiley

@Xigger

@YoshiandToad
@Yunior597
@yani

@Z25

(You can also support our sister thread, Mallow)
https://smashboards.com/threads/mallow-frog-prince-from-the-beyond-the-clouds.456009/

View attachment 152317

by N3ON

C'mon Everyone's gotta do their part!

Geno has only had 2 appearances in the Mario universe, the second being a cameo in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. Despite that, during the days of Brawl, the many who grew up with Mario RPG and remembered it's pure awesomeness rose up and spread their passionate cry out to Nintendo. -Which Nintendo heard faintly, but ignored. However, Brawl's legwork had already been laid at that point and it was too late for them to change much. It's a new generation and Geno followers can hope and pray their savior shall return. Legally, Geno is a Square-Enix character. But in the eyes of Nintendo and even Square themselves, he's a Mario character. I believe that matters most of all, and it could happen if they make the effort.

Geno, after all, saved the mushroom kingdom from danger and continued to raise to the heavens. Before his heavenly ascension, Geno vowed to return one day and cast judgement on those that threatened the world.

Mario RPG was more or less a beginners RPG. Though far from the horrid that is FF: Mystic Quest. However, it's execution was wonderful and used a pseudo 3D technique that was graphically impressive at the time. It was developed by Square-Enix, who were gods among gaming companies at the time and represented their love child with Nintendo, who had been their greatest supporters (Before they fell out in the 64 era). Because of the above, Mario RPG is remembered by a generation.

The character of "Geno" is first seen descending from the heavens as a sword crashes through it straight into Bowser's Castle. The dark mechanical armies of "Smithy" have invaded from their horribly twisted universe to lay waste to the (more or less) peaceful lands. The character at this time is actually a star spirit, and doesn't take the form of Geno until he possesses the toy of a child, and takes the toys name. His own name at that point in unpronounceable (♥♪!?) by humans or mushroom people for that matter. Yes, he's a spiritually possessed doll. Think of Pinocchio in some kind of twisted universe (or Puppetmon). When it comes down to it, Mario may be the hero of the game but it's more or less Geno's story. Mario is just being dragged along, especially when he finds the princess.

The Doll form of Geno appears in cameo form in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga in the mini game "Star 'Stached Smash".

Geno has too much move potential, and a large variety of ways to attack that it's difficult to make a single moveset for him. He uses energy attacks, magic, and guns/ cannons. He could be a ancient, almost steampunk-like, fighter with hidden traps and weapons. A very unpredictable style in that. Think of the puppet masters from Naruto and their various unique ways of fighting.

Potential moves:
Cannon Ball - My idea for Forward smash, similar to snake having ranged smashes. It could have a short range before falling in a small arc. Or something
Pellet shot - My idea for rabid A. He fires pellets from his fingers in a motion where his hand goes up and down. The pellets disintegrate after a short distance.
Rocket Arm - Commonly used for robots in anime. Could also be a potential forward Smash. I've also seen it used as a special in some people's sets.
Star Shot - Geno's ultimate weapon in the game. It shoots out stars and can appear in a number of incarnations I can think of. An effect could also be used for attacks with star looking particles, for example.
Geno Beam - A charging attack in my set. Geno is forced to stand still and charge up energy. Than unleashes in a laser like beam that can be moves around like Lucario's Final Smash
Geno Boost - A buffing technique in the game. Perhaps a Down special that increases his attack?
Geno Whirl - Infamous technique that delt 9999 damage if timed right. Some people say it should be his final smash because of that, but I feel it's more of a forward smash type of thing.
Geno Blast - Another potential Final smash or special. Summons light from the sky that deals damage to the area around him
Geno Flash - THE idea for his Final Smash. Turn into a cannon and fires a powerful blast of light that increases in size, harming all in it's path.

Geno in "Project M" showing possible moveset

View attachment 142395
Examples of possible alternate colors by "zanethedragon"

Here is a general example of a Geno moveset made by McFox during the Brawl days - When I complete my own (It's similar but disagrees in some areas) I'll post it as well. I also have some ideas for alternate movesets based on different attributes of Geno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7qy2XwUDIo こんにちは桜井さん (Dear Masahiro Sakurai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBMYR4kJk94 (Geno in Brawl...or else...) - You want to know why Brawl wasn't awesome - They didn't add Geno
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/333390 (Geno Move Generator) - A Flash made during Brawl to represent someone's version of a moveset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lni0rfv_CHA (Rawest Forest) - A mix of the Mushroom Forest theme with Lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDgWVpZdd4&feature=related (Waltz of the Forest) - A remake of the above song by the same author years later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8zw8rrUhM (Beware the Forest Mushrooms) - Geno's "Theme". Associated him because of the maze Geno leads you through
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/443000 (Geno X Dedede) - A fun little flash I found of a battle between Geno and Dedede
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/528856 (Geno X Dedede 2) - The sequel to above. It promises a 3rd that was never released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OFEVYVBZaA&feature=related (Magic Geno Tribute) - A video someone put together of various Geno fan art
There is a Mario RPG Hentai-Manga thing. No, I am not going to link it. Rule 34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8TAKgl-ME Video on Geno and his chances in Smash by the user @Delzethin

"Super Mario RPG 20th Anniversary Collaboration "Kigurumi Wakusei"

Why Geno? by @papagenos

Relevant information

Sakurai has actually talked about Geno!
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/

Sakurai: Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.

I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing.
Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something.

Read more in the article provided

AND OF COURSE, Geno has at least made it INTO THE SMASH SERIES! in one form, playable

Nintendo Remembers!
LOL, I'm not sure it's possible to center a tweet

And I can't find the original source, but Geno was mentioned in the infamous Smash Poll that was talked about during the Brawl speculation age

https://smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

It's His Time!

Merchandise
You can support @TerminalMontage and Geno at the same time with this wonderful shirt!

https://teespring.com/GenoForSmash#pid=2&cid=576&sid=front

Also, user @Raheem The Dream wanted to show off his social media fan group
https://www.facebook.com/Geno4SuperSmashBros.Ultimate/

There is also a Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ucyj8u2
I'm missing from the list. Please add me.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Isaac thread regular here. Good luck. You guy's have waited even longer than us. May both out long journeys soon come to a close.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just wanted to pop over from the Isaac thread and say that I'm rooting for you. I've never played much of Super Mario RPG (I'm a bad Nintendo RPG fan, I know), but I've been seeing you guys cheering for Geno since back in the Brawl days and I'm hoping that tomorrow will finally be your day to get the character you've been asking for. Good luck!
Can I just say the Isaac thread is really good at popping up in threads and wishing the best of luck to other fighters? Here’s hoping both stars get their day in the sun!

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Huh, thought I was already on the supporter list. PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate if it's not too late I'd like thrown on. Always loved SMRPG (except that friggin part in the cloud kingdom where ya gotta pretend to be a statue when the big bird is pecking you, darn that bird ruining my chance to get that item).

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Happy Halloween fellow puppet brethren! Just dropping by to say good luck for tomorrow. I can't say I'm sold on the leak, but I think that Geno is a character that likely doesn't need it to be true given his popularity, and I think that Geno deserves his day at last :)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good luck for tomorrow everybody!

Keep your head high, and enjoy the direct!

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Geno bros!

Here's hoping for the Grinch to bring us our christmas in November!

I can't wait to play as our boys against each other! (There's no not awkward way to word that, sorry!)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is 264 confirmed supporters
1 unconfirmed supporter
and ~ 90 legacy supporters on the list. It's actually more than 90 but I noticed some people are doubled between legacy and confirmed with certain people showing up lately.

I never finished the legacy list. I may do that sometime after Geno is confirmed

So, as of RIGHT NOW, the Geno supporter list is going to end at 355

I'm just too excited! I've never been this anxious about a video game reveal!

This could be it Genobros, i've said it before and i'll say it again, it's time to wish the **** out of those stars!

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Popping up from the Isaac discussion to wish you guys the best of luck tomorrow! If there's any fanbase that deserves to get their character in more than most, it's definitely you guys!

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Then, let's rock at tomorrow guys!! We can do it!

...that said, I think that, if our boi can't make it, aside the initial shock and dissapointment I would still be very happy. I mean, there's a lot of content on this game, most than every other smash and than a lot of games out there. So anyways let's enjoy this awesome game.
I think I'll drop by a nearby shrine and give my gratitude to Sakurai, lol.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, here we are.

Ladies and gentlemen, we stand now at the threshold of a reckoning. In a matter of hours, we'll know the fate of our boy in blue, and if the odds are at all in our favor going into this Direct, we (as well as our brothers in the Isaac thread) will be celebrating at the end of those hours. It's insane to think that this over decade-long journey for some of us could very well come to an end tomorrow, and I just wanna say that it's been an absolutely crazy ride since I made my first post on this thread in March when this thread was only 2 pages young. My journey on the Geno Train has been pretty short compared to some of the veterans in this thread, but I still wanna thank every one of you for making these past couple months so special. Without you, the dedicated fans, Geno would no doubt be a forgotten relic of history only spoken of in hushed whispers among hardcore fanboys, but thanks to your efforts, this "side character from an obscure RPG 22 years ago" (here's hoping we'll hear the end of THAT line tomorrow...) has evolved to become the face of Smash speculation.

And even if by some cursed stroke of rotten luck we don't get our wish tomorrow, that alone strikes me as just incredible, and y'all deserve a pat on the back just for accomplishing that much. We've done our work, now we just need to sit back and see if our prayers are answered, which I'm confident they will.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Dropping in from the Isaac thread to support the Camelot Bros. mascot (you guys are keeping up with StoicSeraph StoicSeraph ’s comics, right?).

Good luck to us all tomorrow.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
From a supporter of one big unfulfilled Brawl request to another we may get our time in this direct. Be hopeful and fight for your dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom