• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I've lurking around the ResetERA smash thread pretty much all day and I can say that the "Geno = assist" issue was overblown. Basicly, Emily Rogers posted that multiple characters in the grinch banner are actually ATs and everyone jumped the gun and started suggesting Geno and Isaac are the most likely to be assists, however once MysticDistance posted that he was confident that both Isaac and Geno are in the game everyone did a huge 180 and both characters are actually seen as likely to be added now.

I hope that cleared up some confusion. Stay hyped guys!
also hey i'm new here.
ResetEra has a hive mind. One person says something they all believe it. There are Assists on that leak, but I think the big characters are safe.

Dan

Smash Lord
Gamexplain's latest video had them believing that Geno wouldn't be in the game

They are saying maybe for DLC

Although 1 of them still thinks Geno could be in base

Hopefully this "John" is a false prophet
After watching PapaGenos' quality researched content, I could not stand to watch them just blindly predict things with no merit other than what they feel; this is not the time for that.

And especially after they just brushed off the Grinch leak like it was nothing.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I've lurking around the ResetERA smash thread pretty much all day and I can say that the "Geno = assist" issue was overblown. Basicly, Emily Rogers posted that multiple characters in the grinch banner are actually ATs and everyone jumped the gun and started suggesting Geno and Isaac are the most likely to be assists, however once MysticDistance posted that he was confident that both Isaac and Geno are in the game everyone did a huge 180 and both characters are actually seen as likely to be added now.

I hope that cleared up some confusion. Stay hyped guys!
also hey i'm new here.
Can you link that? Emily Rogers actually got a bunch of Mario/Rabbids **** right... well, the entire game.

Famikom

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0121 6087 2055
hey all! I'm stopping by from the Isaac thread to show my support for Geno-- and to thank his entire support base for the support they've shown in turn for Isaac! if there's a support list or something, consider me on it for sure :D

I played SMRPG years back and loved it to death, and if memory serves me right Geno was a big part of why I had so much fun with it. his character within the game proper is fun, but honestly something about his character design is what totally wins me over, haha. although i definitely have to give SMRPG another go since it's been so long, I'm still proud to have him as my de facto #2 most wanted for Ultimate!

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Don’t let random strangers and nonsense game journalists change your opinion on Geno boys.

HE’S IN

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'll do one final update to the supporters on Wednesday so make sure to like the OP

It'll be the final list before Geno is in
Ahh, I might as well concede defeat. RIP Toad.

Put me in the supporter list. I did beat Super Mario RPG several times way back in the 1990s. Let's hope Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, and Isaac will put me through a nostalgia trip.

And I hope Geno will bring in an amazing Super Mario RPG stage... maybe finally a Bowser's Castle stage?!

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I've had a really hard time describing my thoughts on "insiders" lately without angrily cursing but I'm going to give it a shot here.

Now I have no doubt that there's a sprinkle of truth to what some of these people are saying. Through all the white noise and random shouting at the sky we have managed to find out Ridley, Simon, and Isabelle before they were properly revealed. It stands within reason that at some point, someone had access to the game and saw those characters at the very least.

You'll notice, though, that this is essentially where the information dries up. Ken is another character, so is Incineroar, and even Incineroar is a complete coin-toss going into Thursday. We have gotten no new, concrete, leaked info regarding characters in this game since the end of July/early August.

You know why that is? I have a hypothesis. One guy was the genesis of all these leaks. One guy who told a couple friends who told a couple friends and so on and so on. The so-called "insiders" have almost certainly not seen anything substantial from this game. It's a very long game of Broken Telephone. Here's a simplified graph:

1540943815231.png

Our insiders? They're the people who have heard from 1ab and 2bb. Or maybe they've heard from 1abbba and 2babba. They are nowhere near the top. If they *were* somehow endowed with some kind of insider knowledge, simply talking about it would ensure they never hear anything like that again. The idea that some of these people have been sat down to watch a Nintendo Direct early and are then allowed to talk about it, or reveal which characters are playable and Assist Trophies is laughable. People have lost their jobs for less, let alone press passes.

Stuff like dates, titles? Yeah, you can probably rely on an insider for that. Stuff like playable characters? It's really doubtful. I wouldn't put too much stock into someone saying Geno of all people is going to be an assist trophy, for goodness sake.

link2702

Smash Champion

Dude, just skip school. I'm skipping school! There is no way in hell I'm going to wait even a minute more than I need to. The spoilers will be all over the place! If Geno does make it in, it's like, a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Don't miss it!
School is more important. don’t skip it over a video game video.

NeerTheEngi

Smash Rookie
Can you link that? Emily Rogers actually got a bunch of Mario/Rabbids **** right... well, the entire game.
Here's her first post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tion-its-a-thread-about-nothing.77842/page-18
And her second post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tion-its-a-thread-about-nothing.77842/page-45
you'll have to scroll down to see them, but she never said or implied that Geno was an assist trophy, that was just entirely speculation by the guys on the thread.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Don’t let random strangers and nonsense game journalists change your opinion on Geno boys.

HE’S IN
This, that's so true, these guys know nothing.
+ Geno as DLC would be dumb, he's not a big deal like Banjo & Kazooie.

Also, Geno is not going to be an AT, that would be dumb, Sakurai knows that people want him as a playable character. And considered what he said about Geno, nah, he can't be an AT. But in my opinion, Mach Rider could be an AT.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Here's her first post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tion-its-a-thread-about-nothing.77842/page-18
And her second post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...tion-its-a-thread-about-nothing.77842/page-45
you'll have to scroll down to see them, but she never said or implied that Geno was an assist trophy, that was just entirely speculation by the guys on the thread.
I don't see the point in people saying **** like that and not elaborating, even if they have credibility.

I hope Geno, Mach Rider and Banjo survive; the only ones I really don't care about are Ken and Chorus.

Stupid Ken... being the only shoe-in.

hashupa

Smash Rookie
Alright. I guess it's time to stop lurking. Might sound crazy, but I grew up obsessing over Smash, playing it for hours at a time starting with Smash 64, yet somehow never realized SmashBoards existed until this hype cycle. I've been rooting for Geno ever since rumors started sometime after Melee? I've played and replayed and replayed SMRPG so many times by now. Blah blah blah, right?

Anyway. The reason I decided to create an account and post here is because I came up with a really unique way Geno could be revealed.
Imagine this: We go the entire direct and he ends up getting deconfirmed with AT statu-- Hey HEY! Put down that pitchfork and hear me out.

Either at the end of this upcoming Direct or at the very end of the rumored Nintendo Direct later in the month, we get one more Smash video. It's a row of recognizable Assist Trophies on a dimly lit stage. Suddenly, a bright light appears from the sky and starts hovering over the trophies one by one, until it stops and hovers over a previously unseen AT shrouded in the shadows. It slowly descends upon the trophy and the light reveals it to be Geno!
<Insert splash screen and gameplay here.>

NukeA6

Smash Master
Emily Rogers actually got a bunch of Mario/Rabbids **** right... well, the entire game.
Really? Must have been a fluke because everything else she's "leaked" has been wrong. Probably the worst of all her fellow leakers.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Alright. I guess it's time to stop lurking. Might sound crazy, but I grew up obsessing over Smash, playing it for hours at a time starting with Smash 64, yet somehow never realized SmashBoards existed until this hype cycle. I've been rooting for Geno ever since rumors started sometime after Melee? I've played and replayed and replayed SMRPG so many times by now. Blah blah blah, right?

Anyway. The reason I decided to create an account and post here is because I came up with a really unique way Geno could be revealed.
Imagine this: We go the entire direct and he ends up getting deconfirmed with AT statu-- Hey HEY! Put down that pitchfork and hear me out.

Either at the end of this upcoming Direct or at the very end of the rumored Nintendo Direct later in the month, we get one more Smash video. It's a row of recognizable Assist Trophies on a dimly lit stage. Suddenly, a bright light appears from the sky and starts hovering over the trophies one by one, until it stops and hovers over a previously unseen AT shrouded in the shadows. It slowly descends upon the trophy and the light reveals it to be Geno!
Welcome to Smash Boards and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Even though there's like a 99.9999% chance that Geno is in the game, I'm still going to cry like a ***** when I see his trailer.
It's going to be awesome. Also if some other wanted characters get in..

I didnt even realize it was you at first jazzy. Hope we all enjoy the direct. :)

Dan

Smash Lord

You brought a smile to my face, but I couldn't take that suspense dude.

NukeA6

Smash Master

Seeing how King K. Rool went, that might happen in some form. Sakurai just might troll everyone especially if the rumors of Incineroar and other leaks being fake names is true. One thing's for sure, I'm getting away from everything Smash-related after tonight because I don't want to know anymore than I do already. I was lucky to miss the Castlevania song slip before the last Smash Direct.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Same thing, I'm leaving Smashboards until the end of the Smash Direct, there's no way I'm getting spoiled.
I'll be back to celebrate Geno's inclusion :)

Last edited:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
I feel like my appreciation for Geno has paled in comparisons to most on this thread, so I never felt comfortable calling myself a Geno supporter. However, the more I think about the idea of the guy in Smash, the more excited against. I decided to pop in this thread to tell you guys you have my support for the Star Alien.

Good luck!

JoeStronger

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm back. Funny how after I make that big post about the Vifam figure, I just go back to lurking. Not gonna lie, Geno being in Smash or not left me with a lot of doubt, and I got more and more sad. But now I feel more hopeful than ever, and yeah, it is that Grinch Leak; I'm on #TeamReal, there's just too much going on in it to disprove it. Either way tho, I'm prepared to eat my words if it's wrong, and come Thursday morning I know I'm gonna be crying one way or the other.

I'm with you guys all the way. See you on the other side this Thursday.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I'm back. Funny how after I make that big post about the Vifam figure, I just go back to lurking. Not gonna lie, Geno being in Smash or not left me with a lot of doubt, and I got more and more sad. But now I feel more hopeful than ever, and yeah, it is that Grinch Leak; I'm on #TeamReal, there's just too much going on in it to disprove it. Either way tho, I'm prepared to eat my words if it's wrong, and come Thursday morning I know I'm gonna be crying one way or the other.

I'm with you guys all the way. See you on the other side this Thursday.
Glad to see you back!

Klimax

Smash Ace
I have to post one more thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qx-11xkjGo

It looks like an ordinary fan made trailer. But here's something interesting about it. The guy who made this video also made a video that he posted on August 7th. That video was about King K Rool. And we all know what happened the next day. :)

This time, I don't believe Vergeben, sorry but Isaac as an AT is a terrible idea. If he's making a comeback it's because Sakurai knows how popular he is, so, why making him an AT again ?

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I guess it’s fitting I’ll beat mario rpg once again right before the direct, this time using geno and mallow. Already at bowsers keep which I’ll blaze through pretty easily at the level I’m at.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A lot of insider info seems to conflict anyway so eh.

Mystic claims Isaac is playable (or his sources did), some insiders seem trollish, some that seem higher-up refuse to say anything but "Incineroar and one other character are in that aren't on the leak."

And if we're to believe Mystic, Vergeben's Minecraft content claim has been disconfirmed oof.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I’m starting to think verge is losing it, he had his moments of Internet fame but now he’s maybe realizing he was either told misinformation deliberately, or possibly he was lying from the start and just got lucky, and now his lucky streak is starting to fade.

Granted I’m still not 100% convinced of the grinch leak, I’d rather just be cautiously hopeful it is, than full blown believing it.

I do wonder though just how likely it is that Nintendo really did pick some unsuspecting “leakers” to deliberately feed misinformation to just keep everyone confused...

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Did Verg ever have actual proof of his claims or is he just a random person who correctly guessed newcomers?

JoeStronger

Smash Cadet
I’m starting to think verge is losing it, he had his moments of Internet fame but now he’s maybe realizing he was either told misinformation deliberately, or possibly he was lying from the start and just got lucky, and now his lucky streak is starting to fade.

Granted I’m still not 100% convinced of the grinch leak, I’d rather just be cautiously hopeful it is, than full blown believing it.

I do wonder though just how likely it is that Nintendo really did pick some unsuspecting “leakers” to deliberately feed misinformation to just keep everyone confused...
In all honesty, the insiders are seemingly pissed that the info they once thought themselves privy to is now (supposedly) in the hands of common people thanks to some random dude in France.

They're all eating each other, and despite all of them claiming en masse the Grinch leak is fake, I think they're the most stressed about it, which is certainly odd considering it's supposedly fake...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
A lot of insider info seems to conflict anyway so eh.

Mystic claims Isaac is playable (or his sources did), some insiders seem trollish, some that seem higher-up refuse to say anything but "Incineroar and one other character are in that aren't on the leak."

And if we're to believe Mystic, Vergeben's Minecraft content claim has been disconfirmed oof.

Did Verg ever have actual proof of his claims or is he just a random person who correctly guessed newcomers?
Welp, Verg has officially taken the piss. A moment of silence for a once great ally.
In all honesty, the insiders are seemingly pissed that the info they once thought themselves privy to is now (supposedly) in the hands of common people thanks to some random dude in France.

They're all eating each other, and despite all of them claiming en masse the Grinch leak is fake, I think they're the most stressed about it, which is certainly odd considering it's supposedly fake...
Just correctly guessed. He never had proof, just his word. Now not having proof is inadequate in the face of the Grinch leak
Heh, I'm pretty sure Vergeben is finished, he knows it, and is now trolling everyone in a last-ditch effort at a blaze of "glory". And he's trying to flip the bird at Mystic and Isaac's fanbase with that AT claim.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Heh, I'm pretty sure Vergeben is finished, he knows it, and is now trolling everyone in a last-ditch effort at a blaze of "glory". And he's trying to flip the bird at Mystic and Isaac's fanbase with that AT claim.
Just in character for him. Helps that it is clear he disliked the Smash community even before he was making predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom