• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Greeeat, the first thing I get to see when it loads is excessive use of homophobic slurs. This is why 4chan can burn to the ground.

Anyway, that leak seems...interesting. I wouldn't get my hopes up tho, especially since there are so many characters on there lol.
4chan is a cesspool of hate anyway, they’re only but mere goblins spewing hate from their keyboards.

And what I say to that is:

DFEC07BC-8FE2-4D69-A9B8-796EEE9513B9.jpeg

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
So.... a good point was made on twitter.

Half of those characters were almost in melee, and half were almost in brawl and Sm4sh.
Batman.gif

I mean, Sakurai did say "Everyone is Here." Maybe part of that was bringing back characters that didn't make the cut.

Maybe he'll add Toon Zelda as DLC

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
**** me, this leak is insane. If this turns out to be real, this will be absolutely the greatest video game ever made. Christ.

The only reason I'm skeptical, even in the face of positive evidence, is the idea that we could possibly get this many newcomers, and they'd be ones I'd actually want. Gematsu and ESRB are still haunting me to today, and this would be such a middle finger to Verg and "relevance" that I can hardly believe it.

BUT, rumor has it, according to Spawnwave, which has had sources correctly predict Directs multiple times in the past, that we have two Nintendo Directs coming in November, and the character number lines up both with 108 stages and "blog theory".

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dixie, Skull Kid, and Inceniroar would be easy DLC characters that would be openly welcomed. Smash 4's DLC window was roughly a year so it would hardly be done deal for them if they didn't make the initial cut. I do think no new Pokemon rep on launch would be a really bold on Sakurai's part, especially with how heavy they're currently on the Gen 7 content, the overwhelming success of Pokemon Go, Let's Go roughly a month away, and Gen 8 coming out next year.
View attachment 171488

I mean, Sakurai did say "Everyone is Here." Maybe part of that was bringing back characters that didn't make the cut.

Maybe he'll add Toon Zelda as DLC
That would be even more nuts. I guess we'd finally find out who Pra-Mar and Toon Sheik were supposed to be too. Toon Zelda with the ability to turn into Tetra would be such a good addition.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hmm, so many people are pulling good evidence to claim the image is true.

The shadows may been an issue but its always changed in each iteration.

SO...If the final roster is Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids, how would you feel?

For me? Seeing 3 of my requested characters in Ultimate feels like a dream come true!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm, so many people are pulling good evidence to claim the image is true.

The shadows may been an issue but its always changed in each iteration.

SO...If the final roster is Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Shadow, Ken, and Chorus Kids, how would you feel?

For me? Seeing 3 of my requested characters in Ultimate feels like a dream come true!
And Mach Rider. But yeah, amazing.

Just going to hope they were saving Dixie for DLC or something, but if not, it's not like I'd have room to complain.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
My opinions on the remaining roster if the leak is true:

Isaac: Meh. Don't really care about him.

Chorus Kids: Same as Isaac.

Ken: Ryu is pretty fun, so more of him is a good thing.

Mach Rider:
Korath.jpg

Shadow: Don't care for Sonic, but I really wanted Shadow in SSB4 (I was about 13 when it came out). Somewhat bittersweet that a childhood pipe dream may
be happening before any of the characters that I wanted this time around. Still awesome, though.

Banjo: Pretty neat addition. Haven't played any of his games, but he seems like he'd have a fun moveset.

Geno: My favorite of the bunch. I really hope this leak is true, for his (and Shadow's) sake.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts are that this is a fever dream and it’s too good to be true. Watch this be real because I’m finally skeptical, hah

If this is real though that is awesome. Also, don’t forget a new Pokémon rep like Incineroar could easily be DLC. Would fit better with when Gen 7 came out vs when the roster was determined, IMO.

Last edited:

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it, this leak is as real as it gets. Once we see either a single new character render or (hilariously enough) the new Grinch movie promotional material, we will know for sure. But I have never been this confident in any of the leaks we have had. I can see no faults, and little things like the Mii fighters being grouped up and the shadows all being in a new direction really seal the deal. My only doubt is out of principal.

domriver

Smash Lord
I won't fully accept this leak till Sakurai confirms it.
Though I wished (if this real and it may be) he was revealed by a DIRECT WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A WEEK AGO DAMN IT!
Sure im very happy for this leak its like a freaking dream come true. However, if real again this makes me just think about Sakurai wonder how is he feeling knowing this his entire base roster was just revealed. If anything Nintendo should just do the DIRECT NOW and not wait till Nov 8th.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Here's to hoping it's legit and not only did isaacbros and genobros make it in together, but the entirety of the big 5 did. we all fought hard, here's to a potential victory. Whatever happens, you'll always be the genobros. It's been a very long road for us both, maybe the sun and stars can shine brightly together once more.

Last edited:

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
hot take: mach rider is what kills the leak for me. why the h3ll would he be here? this game's roster was based on the ballot. who the h3ll voted for mach rider? plus, i'm a box theorist, so this many newcomers is just absurd to me.
also, it's blurry as h3ll. never trust a leak that's so blurry that you can barely even see what's going on. that's a dead giveaway every single time.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Wow, everyone is so optimistic about this one. The two things that deter me from believing it is why is the picture so blurry, and how will they reveal seven characters in 45ish days? If it was five characters I could have believed it, but personally I think seven characters is ambitious. I don’t have any issues with the characters added, just the sheer volume.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Just popping in for a quick 2 cents. I'm definitely on team fake because it contradicts Sakurai's own statements about the roster's size and remaining character reveals. This leak reminds me way too much of the Karate Joe old Windows server leak, which had incredible attention to detail for a leak as well.

That said, it is too good to be true and would be amazing if true. Perhaps this is the leak that ruffled feathers (Or that text one from 9/28)? Hopefully we'll finally get something official in the coming days/weeks.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Let's go genobros, hoping this leak is real!! Geno and isaac are all I need for this to be the greatest game ever

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
i'm willing to bet 5 cents and a bottle of nail polish remover that if you remove the stupid amounts of blur from that leak, it looks like a$$.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
hot take: mach rider is what kills the leak for me. why the h3ll would he be here? this game's roster was based on the ballot. who the h3ll voted for mach rider? plus, i'm a box theorist, so this many newcomers is just absurd to me.
also, it's blurry as h3ll. never trust a leak that's so blurry that you can barely even see what's going on. that's a dead giveaway every single time.
He's the Duck Hunt Dog/Mr Game and Watch/R.O.B/Ice Climbers of this game? You know we've always had a retro character since Melee, he's just the next one.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I don’t believe this leak either, but Mr Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. would like to speak with you. Mach Rider plays the role of the retroWTF player no one asked for that we always end up getting.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I would be fine with that pictures revealing the base game roster. But, 7 characters is too much in my opinion.
And, Mach Rider is not happening (that would be awesome but i don't believe that it's happening), many people think that Sakurai wanted to add her while in fact, he just though about her and last time he was asked about her, he made a joke by saying "i just love the name". So yeah, I think that Mach Rider is a good proof that it's fake.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
also, in my opinion, that shadow does not match the style of the mural at all. it looks like a render that someone found/made and just slapped in.
plus, if you had information like that guy did, wouldn't you want to get clearer pictures?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
This must be your first smash game ever or youre extremely oblivious

NukeA6

Smash Master
The Grinch leak is the most believable leak by far and I'm almost willing to believe that this is the final roster. If this is fake (which is likely due to the blur), the faker did a good job rearranging the characters in the banner to make things look real. Geno looks pretty small though but it's hard to tell what's going on his section.

And, Mach Rider is not happening (that would be awesome but i don't believe that it's happening), many people think that Sakurai wanted to add her
Her?

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
This must be your first smash game ever or youre extremely oblivious
yeah, i know smash games tend to have that one random retro character that nobody expected, but you have to remember, smash ultimate is it's own unique kind of beast. in ultimate, the newcomers were decided by the smash ballot. i don't think that sakurai would stick some random character in there for ****s and giggles this time around.
then again, i'm kind of a pessimist, but i really doubt this thing. you see one blurry smash leak that you can barely even make out, and you've seen em all. no amount of grinch is gonna change that.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
The Grinch leak
Is that the name we're going with? The Grinch leak? Because if so I'm down just due to sheer hilarity. First the blog theory, then the box art theory, now... the Grinch? iirc Smashwiki has dedicated pages for retelling the events of real leaks of Smash past, so here's hoping that we get a page called The Grinch Leak. (hehe)
yeah, i know smash games tend to have that one random retro character that nobody expected, but you have to remember, smash ultimate is it's own unique kind of beast. in ultimate, the newcomers were decided by the smash ballot. i don't think that sakurai would stick some random character in there for ****s and giggles this time around.
then again, i'm kind of a pessimist, but i really doubt this thing. you see one blurry smash leak that you can barely even make out, and you've seen em all. no amount of grinch is gonna change that.
Bear in mind that Ultimate's theme seems to be mainly fan service, not exclusively ballot. A lot of people recognize Simon Belmont as an often wished for character, but also didn't get the sense he had a large ballot presence. Isabelle is a character who hit it off with fans almost immediately after New Leaf came out, and got to widely known and liked that some consider her practically the Animal Crossing mascot now, but most people that I saw agreed that she probably wasn't high on the ballot. Her popularity was easy to see even without ballot votes. Granted, the popularity argument doesn't pertain to Mach Rider per se, but it is still worth noting that Ultimate may not be run entirely by the ballot.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
Is that the name we're going with? The Grinch leak? Because if so I'm down just due to sheer hilarity. First the blog theory, then the box art theory, now... the Grinch? iirc Smashwiki has dedicated pages for retelling the events of real leaks of Smash past, so here's hoping that we get a page called The Grinch Leak. (hehe)

Bear in mind that Ultimate's theme seems to be mainly fan service, not exclusively ballot. A lot of people recognize Simon Belmont as an often wished for character, but also didn't get the sense he had a large ballot presence. Isabelle is a character who hit it off with fans almost immediately after New Leaf came out, and got to widely known and liked that some consider her practically the Animal Crossing mascot now, but most people that I saw agreed that she probably wasn't high on the ballot. Her popularity was easy to see even without ballot votes. Granted, the popularity argument doesn't pertain to Mach Rider per se, but it is still worth noting that Ultimate may not be run entirely by the ballot.
yeah, that's true. i just said ballot because that seems to be the biggest factor in play here lol
still doesn't explain mach though.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this is true, not just because I finally get my golden boy after years of waiting, but especially because you guys finally get Geno as well. I used to be indifferent to the idea of him being in Smash, but you guys and the entire support base have really grown on me.

Maybe our quests really are almost over.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The name came from that Grinch sticker(?) on the bottom right corner of the leaked image. Not exactly Grinch-like since we're getting more than two characters but that's what SmashFAQs is calling it and so am I.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I'm team real. If it ends up fake, I'll be extremely impressed by the lengths they went to fake this. From the linkedin account, to rearranging the roster on the poster to make it seem right, to the blank everyone is here canvas, to the Grinch Christmas ornament and smash wristband. It's so well done. Blurriness isn't really deterring me. I think this is it boys!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
The name came from that Grinch sticker(?) on the bottom right corner of the leaked image. Not exactly Grinch-like since we're getting more than two characters but that's what SmashFAQs is calling it and so am I.
No no I get why we're calling it that. In fact it's already noted here that if we see that promotional art officially, we'll be all but sure this is real. Still, it is funny to see the something as unexpected as the Grinch of all things being tied to Smash, albeit indirectly. It'd be like a Street Fighter 5 season 4 leak being called The SpongeBob Leak.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I have my reservations about this leak, but I would absolutely love for it to be real. Five characters that I want (Geno, Isaac, Banjo, RH rep, Shadow), and no characters that I hate. Also, we still get our retro character, and it's from my second-favorite NES game. It's just too good to be true.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
To all the people saying 5 more newcomers is too much when Sakurai claimed we wouldn't get too many, bear in mind that not counting echos this would bring our new comer count up to 10, which is 9 less newcomers than 4 got counting DLC newcomers and counting the Mii fighters as a single character. Also of note is that 10 newcomers is less than we've ever got in a Smash game before. That still seems consistent with Sakurai's claim of not expecting too many new comers, even if that was him being humble but also a little mischievous and cheeky, as he is often wont to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom