• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai only said he refers to the ballot, he didn't say he's going to only use it for characters and nothing else.
Sakurai and Nintendo have their own thing going. Just because you want to believe they've completely changed doesn't mean they have no individuality of their own and don't have other reasons for choices. It bothers me that people latch onto these kinds of beliefs.

That said, I do think Geno would be priority over Agnest.
I don't know much about Agnes. If she'd be in, could be cool, dunno.
First of all, you assume *a lot* about me. Second of all, I didn't say "he was going to use the ballot and nothing else", just that he has mentioned it *as* his point of reference, and not provided any additional parameters.

*I'm* bothered that so many assumptions are being made about what I said. However, everything we know up to this point supports that. Even Inklings have excellent ballot metrics.

Every metric we have has Geno way ahead of *any* Square Enix character. Ahead of Cloud, who was chosen "because he was the most popular FF character."

Bravely Default is a non-presence in Smash speculation, and that's unlikely to change. Even before he talked about the ballot, Sakurai described his goal for this game as "pleasing as many fans as possible." Even the Echo characters are described as popular.

I never said he can't make decisions of his own. He's already doing so by picking ballot picks. What I was expressing was that choosing someone like Agnes who literally came out of nowhere yesterday would go against his design for this game, which is not something his picks in Smash 4 did, when his philosophy was "Who is unique?"

Geno may not get in, somehow, or he may have to choose someone else. I doubt that. But it is in no way feasible that Agnes Oblige gets chosen over someone else Square has to offer. Of course, I'll never say it 100% can't happen, but it's close.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
First of all, you assume *a lot* about me. Second of all, I didn't say "he was going to use the ballot and nothing else", just that he has mentioned it *as* his point of reference, and not provided any additional parameters.

*I'm* bothered that so many assumptions are being made about what I said. However, everything we know up to this point supports that. Even Inklings have excellent ballot metrics.

Every metric we have has Geno way ahead of *any* Square Enix character. Ahead of Cloud, who was chosen "because he was the most popular FF character."

Bravely Default is a non-presence in Smash speculation, and that's unlikely to change. Even before he talked about the ballot, Sakurai described his goal for this game as "pleasing as many fans as possible." Even the Echo characters are described as popular.

I never said he can't make decisions of his own. He's already doing so by picking ballot picks. What I was expressing was that choosing someone like Agnes who literally came out of nowhere yesterday would go against his design for this game, which is not something his picks in Smash 4 did, when his philosophy was "Who is unique?"

Geno may not get in, somehow, or he may have to choose someone else. I doubt that. But it is in no way feasible that Agnes Oblige gets chosen over someone else Square has to offer. Of course, I'll never say it 100% can't happen, but it's close.
Fair enough, but I never said that you said that either ;)
Who's making assumptions eh?

Sometimes we make general statements that get taken as if they're specifically about someone. Well, also sometimes it's that it happens in general so we get the impression from someone that they're like the others. And sometimes someone really is leaning a certain way even if they don't explicitly say it. Anyway, generalization still often suck.

And, so what if Geno is ahead of a lot of others, as far as we know? Still doesn't mean they won't pick another SE character. Though I still think we can get multiple SE characters. At least as DLC.

It wouldn't go against his design if there's a reason he wants Agnes in the game. What do we know. Why would they pick Rob, why pick Roy. They just wanted them. It's feasible, even if unlikely.

domriver

Smash Lord

Well said. Well apparently that guy is suppose to release a gameplay video. lol Lets see if that person comes thru.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fair enough, but I never said that you said that either ;)
Who's making assumptions eh?

Sometimes we make general statements that get taken as if they're specifically about someone. Well, also sometimes it's that it happens in general so we get the impression from someone that they're like the others. And sometimes someone really is leaning a certain way even if they don't explicitly say it. Anyway, generalization still often suck.

And, so what if Geno is ahead of a lot of others, as far as we know? Still doesn't mean they won't pick another SE character. Though I still think we can get multiple SE characters. At least as DLC.

It wouldn't go against his design if there's a reason he wants Agnes in the game. What do we know. Why would they pick Rob, why pick Roy. They just wanted them. It's feasible, even if unlikely.
Sakurai only said he refers to the ballot, he didn't say he's going to only use it for characters and nothing else.
Here ^

I'm still saying it's not happening. We're only entertaining this now because of the "leaks".

Look, I don't disagree with your reasoning, but everything we have come to understand about this game points to him going out of his way to do what the fans want through and through. It's basically the whole reason he's doing the game this way.

Besides, if he wanted another SE character that isn't Geno, he'd just pick Terra or Bartz. He's already said he considered them in the past, and they're definitely iconic enough to merit being a part of "this" Smash.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here ^

I'm still saying it's not happening. We're only entertaining this now because of the "leaks".

Look, I don't disagree with your reasoning, but everything we have come to understand about this game points to him going out of his way to do what the fans want through and through. It's basically the whole reason he's doing the game this way.

Besides, if he wanted another SE character that isn't Geno, he'd just pick Terra or Bartz. He's already said he considered them in the past, and they're definitely iconic enough to merit being a part of "this" Smash.
Not at all, we know that Sakurai is erratic in some cases and unpredictable. He's better at taking fans into account now, including the competitive scene, but it's odd to expect him to be completely changed. Yes it points 'more' in that direction, but that's it.

The leaks are just possible truths. They suck because they're mostly fake stuff that people say to get attention or stir things up. Doesn't mean some of the sources aren't true.

You can think he'd pick a character or another, but again you don't know what he's fully thinking, nor other reasons, besides big fandoms, for picking certain characters. Again, Rob, no fandoms, made it in.

Just wanted to make a simple point that you don't know everything they think or want. That's all. I'm letting up, not gonna reply more about this.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not at all, we know that Sakurai is erratic in some cases and unpredictable. He's better at taking fans into account now, including the competitive scene, but it's odd to expect him to be completely changed. Yes it points 'more' in that direction, but that's it.

The leaks are just possible truths. They suck because they're mostly fake stuff that people say to get attention or stir things up. Doesn't mean some of the sources aren't true.

You can think he'd pick a character or another, but again you don't know what he's fully thinking, nor other reasons, besides big fandoms, for picking certain characters. Again, Rob, no fandoms, made it in.

Just wanted to make a simple point that you don't know everything they think or want. That's all. I'm letting up, not gonna reply more about this.
If he'd expressed the same philosophy in Brawl, you might've had a point with ROB, but whatever. Agree to disagree.

Well said. Well apparently that guy is suppose to release a gameplay video. lol Lets see if that person comes thru.
Also what? Explain?

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
I think the main reason The leak has Anges is... Probably because she is so generic you can make a semi-decent render by frankenstiening parts of other anime styled characters, this isn't even mentioning the fact Chorus kids and shadow are also pretty easy to make

I mean, you go make a Geno or Crono render with parts from other renders

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think the main reason The leak has Anges is... Probably because she is so generic you can make a semi-decent render by frankenstiening parts of other anime styled characters, this isn't even mentioning the fact Chorus kids and shadow are also pretty easy to make

Actually please leaker leak ''Geno". He can barely make Isabelle and Shadow. I wanna see what he makes an Geno look like. He'll probably forgo adding wood grain detail that I feel Sakurai would.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Remember, "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac".

Just a friendly reminder that this is a leak we genuinely have no clue if it may be true.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I like Agnes but at the same time I'm underwhelm thats its not Geno. I cant believe Verge is right hey wait wheres the new pokemon gen 7.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Sakurai made this game for the Super Smash Bros fans and there's NO DEMAND at all among the Smash Community for Agnes. We don't even have to think more about it, this is just fake. Maybe it could have work for another Smash Bros but not for Ultimate.

Also, "Agnés" is incorrect, you have to write "Agnès".

And, come on, what is that AWFUL Isaac's render ? It looks way too bad.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Sakurai made this game for the Super Smash Bros fans and there's NO DEMAND at all among the Smash Community for Agnes. We don't even have to think more about it, this is just fake. Maybe it could have work for another Smash Bros but not for Ultimate.

Also, "Agnés" is incorrect, you have to write "Agnès".

And, come on, what is that AWFUL Isaac's render ? It looks way too bad.
It could just be an Isaac alt.

Klimax

Smash Ace
There's not enough details in my opinion, it looks like it was made by a fan.
And look at the differences in the style between Agnes and Ken, they don't look like they're from the same game.

In my opinion, this is clearly trash. Bad renders + unpopular ballot characters (Chorus Kids & Agnes), there's no way this is true, come on. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Remember, "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac".

Just a friendly reminder that this is a leak we genuinely have no clue if it may be true.
Can we not do this? Even graphic artists like ArtsyOmni and people like vannrose who defended Shulk *not* being a Little Mac shop back in the day, are saying this is bull****, and now we have every reason to think it is.

Not every leak deserves the benefit of the doubt. It's fake.

im referring to the leaks that have been leaked today. The leaker states he/she will release gameplay video.
Am interested to know your source on that.

Last edited:

NintendoFan388

Smash Rookie
im referring to the leaks that have been leaked today. The leaker states he/she will release gameplay video.
Well, video footage can always be faked, too. Remember the Decidueye / Spring Man leak? That is, if this leaker actually provides footage and doesn't go silent.

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Go look at the Dark Samus render on the official site and then look back at the Agnes and Ken renders they've shown and tell me with a straight face that those are real. If this is real I'll take the L, but there's no way I can believe these low quality images are actual renders. Plus with Agnes being spelled wrong and the Rhythm Heaven icon being extremely weird on top of all the other issues with the renders themselves, I'm 100% on the fake train for this. People doubted the ESRB leak but at least the renders actually looked good.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Let it be known (go back and check my post history in 2014 if you must) that I never completely doubted the ESRB leaks; I thought the renders looked legit from the moment I saw them. Dark Pit's was just different enough from Pit to not be a complete rip, and I never thought Shulk was a photoshopped Mac either. And trust me, it made me ****ing sad, because K. Rool was my most wanted and I needed the rest of the hype 3 as well.

This? This is nothing like that. The renders aren't uniform, there's actual errors everywhere (and not just a fabricated one like disablad) and it's just a mess.

Fake.

Last edited:

NintendoFan388

Smash Rookie

This image pretty much perfectly sums up why this leak is fake. Reused character models, edited character models, mistakes in the models, etc. I honestly don't believe this one, and while some of it is because I want Geno to be in the base roster, most of it is because of all the evidence stacked against this leak.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

This is a good point. Note that the clearest renders are of human characters, who could possibly be built using existing human assets. The non-humans are all blurry, or are the chorus kids, who can easily be faked. Shadow is the only non-human who is halfway clear, and his render looks more off the more you look at it.

I'm not buying it, or at least I'm telling myself that. It's interesting how much this leak's similarities to the ESRB leak inject doubt into the equation, though. The leak is clearly banking on that.

Guess we'll wait for the "video." If it's not more that 10 second long, I call bull.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This is a good point. Note that the clearest renders are of human characters, who could possibly be built using existing human assets. The non-humans are all blurry, or are the chorus kids, who can easily be faked. Shadow is the only non-human who is halfway clear, and his render looks more off the more you look at it.

I'm not buying it, or at least I'm telling myself that. It's interesting how much this leak's similarities to the ESRB leak inject doubt into the equation, though. The leak is clearly banking on that.

Guess we'll wait for the "video." If it's not more that 10 second long, I call bull.
I wonder, did the leaker post about this mysterious "video" before or after people started finding the holes in it?

Either way, I'm certain it's going to be nothing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If the Agnes leak is real, I officially no longer care about this game.
There's basically no reason to think it is. It's so fake. The only people who still do are people who don't recognize the differences between this and the ESRB leaks. Revisionism setting in hard.

Warchamp7 had a good post on this

NintendoFan388

Smash Rookie
Someone in a comments section pointed this out to me; if you sing "I'm A Little Teapot" to the tune of "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms", it fits absolutely perfect (Just like how Geno would fit absolutely perfectly into Smash, according to us and Sakurai).

Klimax

Smash Ace
ryota.png

This is so fake, I can't believe it. Ryota Hayami in the game :laugh::laugh: Next characters leaked will be Tatanga and Doshin The Giant guys !
At this point, I'm pretty convinced that the leaker just want to see how much some people are going to trust everything he says :laugh:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
If the Agnes leak is real, I officially no longer care about this game.
if it makes you feel better, here's more proof it's fake.

this is what Agnes actually looks like in 3D, not that ugly palutena photoshop mess.

Also now with Lloyd and Ryota, i think the leaker is just messing with us now LOOOOOOOL

Last edited:

NintendoFan388

Smash Rookie

This is so fake, I can't believe it. Ryota Hayami in the game :laugh::laugh: Next characters leaked will be Tatanga and Doshin The Giant guys !
At this point, I'm pretty convinced that the leaker just want to see how much some people are going to trust everything he says :laugh:
It doesn't even seem like they're trying anymore.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
if it makes you feel better, here's more proof it's fake.

this is what Agnes actually looks like in 3D, not that ugly palutena photoshop mess.
If it wasn't settled before, I'd say that settles it.
(for those that weren't satisfied)

That render is freakin gorgeous <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom