• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screwigi

Smash Rookie
Isaac polls really well, and I think a lot of people like him more than Geno. It seems fashionable to hate on Geno these days if you check out other message boards. With the recent tweet that references Golden Sun's battle screen, there's definitely hope.

Wew... uh, I don't think anyone will literally die, that's a bit dramatic. Geno supporters are really resilient; we all know how much of a long shot he is. If another game passes by without him in it, so be it. Most of us will still love Ultimate.
I didnt mean to be overdramatic, and i was just real excited to be here with other geno fans. : )

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Skull Kid speculation has been acknowledged? What do you mean? Something happen recently?

As for Geno, at least we've gotten Sakurai himself acknowledging the character.
Not the speculation itself, but Skull Kid has made a recent, if minor, appearance in a Nintendo trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDf4J42Otbo
I don't think it means much, as the extra's to this game is LoZ based, so it's completely logical he made a minor cameo.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I feel like Geno is their absolute last surprise before the games launch, and they're going to frame it like all of the fan requests thus far have been wishes answered by Star Hill and Geno

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Not the speculation itself, but Skull Kid has made a recent, if minor, appearance in a Nintendo trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDf4J42Otbo
I don't think it means much, as the extra's to this game is LoZ based, so it's completely logical he made a minor cameo.
We also didn't get hints for Simon unless you wanna count the red eyes thing. It wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to keep Geno a secret.

Last edited:

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Skull Kid speculation has been acknowledged by Nintendo, while Geno speculation hasn't. I'm hoping that doesn't mean anything for Geno
You mean the Diablo 3 Skull Kid figure? Or the Nintendo of EU post? I'd say the #TeamGeno tweet is more heavier acknowledgement than either of those, and I imagine the less we hear from official sources the better regarding a character, as they want to keep it a surprise rather than teasing it.

That being said, I'd be 65% sure that in a Skull Kid reveal we'd get Geno too, because they're both characters made of wood, and both have a forest motif involving a never ending forest maze.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Nintendo Europe tweeted a skull kid image. I think they are acknowledging the speculation. Or instagrammed an image. Whichever social media thing

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I see what you did there. I am almost ashamed it took me more than 5 seconds to realize though.
You're welcome. Also I ended up changing the image because it kept giving me an error. Didn't realize it actually loaded.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I am not following this. How does this 2-Bit picture of link suppose to mean anything for Skull Kid? Just wondering a little help please.
Ha! Jokes on you! It's 8 bit! which is like 17 times your 2 bits!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Hey fellow geno supporters i am new here and i would like to show my support for the people out there who will literally die if he is not in the game. Thats why im here to support you guys.
Thank you for thinking of me

grizby2

Smash Lord
HUGE NEWS IMO FOR GENO. LET ME GO OVER WHY.

So there was an interview recently about K Rool's inclusion and how it came to be. (Link: https://smashboards.com/threads/news-how-fans-brought-back-k-rool.457451)

one thing that stuck out to me.

This quote:

""they had no idea that the character had any popularity. And that's why we got the Mii costume in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, that was more of a late, last-minute eleventh hour consolation prize, as a little nod saying 'K. Rool, we had no idea, this is the best we can give you right now. There you go.'

This sounds almost exactly like Geno's situation. Especially when you cross reference it with this.

"Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?
Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something. "

The situations are nearly identical.

awesome find. I especially like the "calling dibs on k rool" part. I like to imagine that he did the exact same for geno as well!

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
awesome find. I especially like the "calling dibs on k rool" part. I like to imagine that he did the exact same for geno as well!
Sakurai will personally shove the star spirit into the doll for Geno to return. He brought back K. Rool. Bring back Geno. That'd be 2 Nintendo miracles for me in 1 game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you get rid of Waluigi(He is no longer eligible for base game), the top 4 is Geno, Issac, Banjo & Kazooie, and Skull Kid. That almost exactly what most people are thinking(Or hoping) will happen. That sure is where speculation is at right now.
One of the biggest takeaways is that Geno was able to beat out Sora though. And Bandana Dee even with his rabid fans

Also I now remember my "meme choice" Sans as an echo of ness

Zema

Smash Journeyman
One of the biggest takeaways is that Geno was able to beat out Sora though. And Bandana Dee even with his rabid fans

Also I now remember my "meme choice" Sans as an echo of ness
I've said this before, but I hope to god Sora isn't in the game. I really dont want to see Newcomer Speculation filled with MICKEY MOUSE SUPPORT THREAD or DARTH VADER FORCES HIS WAY INTO SMASH

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
If you get rid of Waluigi(He is no longer eligible for base game), the top 4 is Geno, Issac, Banjo & Kazooie, and Skull Kid. That almost exactly what most people are thinking(Or hoping) will happen. That sure is where speculation is at right now.
To go one step further, the top five being Skull Kid, Banjo, Isaac, Geno and Bandana Dee would knock off all of the remaining heavy hitters. If those were the last five unique newcomers, it would be perfect.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
To go one step further, the top five being Skull Kid, Banjo, Isaac, Geno and Bandana Dee would knock off all of the remaining heavy hitters. If those were the last five unique newcomers, it would be perfect.
That would bring the total unique fighters to 72. Which is the number I predicted.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Exactly. That's what's so cool about these results--It matches the top support threads as of now perfectly. The more polls that reflect this, the more it seems to imply character popularity is consistent, which bodes well if it was like this during the ballot era.

I have a great feeling that we may actually get all the heavy hitters. And I love it.

TBone06

Smash Ace
That would bring the total unique fighters to 72. Which is the number I predicted.
I think 72 or 71 is a good number. I think it hits a number where you can say "Over 70 characters". I really believe out of Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Isaac, we'll see three of them at least. I can see maybe a Pokemon rep, although, I don't think it's necessary. I can also see Heihachi and a Rhythm Heaven rep happening, but I don't really see any other characters for unique newcomers. But that's just my opinion.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Dawn of the Final Smash.
72 Fighters remain.

On a more serious note, 72 fighters was my second guess. I originally speculated 75 (since they do their counting odd).

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
You know, I’ve never played super Mario fog before. I’m only 18 so I never actually had the snes, but I did grow up on Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi, so I understand and support the Geno fan base! I never thought it could happen before but I truly believe it now!

domriver

Smash Lord
I think 72 or 71 is a good number. I think it hits a number where you can say "Over 70 characters". I really believe out of Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Isaac, we'll see three of them at least. I can see maybe a Pokemon rep, although, I don't think it's necessary. I can also see Heihachi and a Rhythm Heaven rep happening, but I don't really see any other characters for unique newcomers. But that's just my opinion.
I think after DLC is all said and done. We will be looking at over 80 characters. I think i might have said 100 in a post before but i think i exaggerated the number. 80 Sounds more like it!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think after DLC is all said and done. We will be looking at over 80 characters. I think i might have said 100 in a post before but i think i exaggerated the number. 80 Sounds more like it!
Honestly, I see the DLC for this game being much bigger than Smash 4's DLC. With 4, they had to develop time to making DLC for two games, with the 3DS's restrictions, as well as the game coming out later in the Wii U's life span. With Smash Ultimate coming out early in the Switch's lifespan, that will give the game more time to grow and develop.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm for Geno and some of the other characters, but if there isn't at least 1 girl in the unique characters coming I'm gonna freakkkk, or something.

But nintendo's nintendo, so I think really we can't know what's going to happen. Gonna trust and see what happens.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm for Geno and some of the other characters, but if there isn't at least 1 girl in the unique characters coming I'm gonna freakkkk, or something.

But nintendo's nintendo, so I think really we can't know what's going to happen. Gonna trust and see what happens.
Well, the Inkling's are more so represented by the girl variant, so there's that.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490

I'm down to see whoever come into the fray, but why freak out if a female challenger is revealed? I do agree with EarlTamm EarlTamm in saying a female rep has already been shown off through Inkling, given the Splatoon 1 Inkling girl is the most recognizable. It's more of a Robin/Corrin scenario, but reversed.

Dark Samus is technically a girl? It's a bit iffy there, but Dark Samus is almost always spoken about in feminine pronouns.

Either way, whoever gets in gets in. Male, female, or genderless, someone wanted them.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Hmm, i don't think we're getting a female newcomer except Inkling, with Ashely deconfirmed, the remaining most wanted characters are all males. But there's still some possibilities with the echo fighters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm down to see whoever come into the fray, but why freak out if a female challenger is revealed? I do agree with EarlTamm EarlTamm in saying a female rep has already been shown off through Inkling, given the Splatoon 1 Inkling girl is the most recognizable. It's more of a Robin/Corrin scenario, but reversed.

Dark Samus is technically a girl? It's a bit iffy there, but Dark Samus is almost always spoken about in feminine pronouns.

Either way, whoever gets in gets in. Male, female, or genderless, someone wanted them.
Yes but it's more complicated sometimes, when it comes to the heart. Just like some people don't understand why you'd want Geno, maybe, you know?
Maybe you focus on one character. I don't, but my heart is the same, and I have hopes. It's not just about a girl, and obviously I'd love more one than another, but I'm rooting for quite a few characters, and I'm spread out more because I'm not gonna put all my hopes in one character even if I have favorites.

It's also about the hype, as well as wanting a chance at something new at the same time (including movesets) because Inkling isn't my first choice, though it's the best I have up til now is all, and I'm grateful when I can tap into that.
Echoes don't count too much for me because they re-use movesets. I'm sure you wouldn't like Geno to be an echo of someone. It would be something, but not everything you really wanted right?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
But there's still some possibilities with the echo fighters
Impa, Isabelle, Sakura(Sure she would have to beat out Ken and Akuma, but she did get into Monster Hunter World along with Ryu, so it's not impossible), and possibly Hilda.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Yes but it's more complicated sometimes, when it comes to the heart. Just like some people don't understand why you'd want Geno, maybe, you know?
Maybe you focus on one character. I don't, but my heart is the same, and I have hopes. It's not just about a girl, and obviously I'd love more one than another, but I'm rooting for quite a few characters, and I'm spread out more because I'm not gonna put all my hopes in one character even if I have favorites.

It's also about the hype, as well as wanting a chance at something new at the same time (including movesets) because Inkling isn't my first choice, though it's the best I have up til now is all, and I'm grateful when I can tap into that.
Echoes don't count too much for me because they re-use movesets. I'm sure you wouldn't like Geno to be an echo of someone. It would be something, but not everything you really wanted right?
I wouldn't say that. This feels like something that would play out similar to Shovel Knight's reveal. There were basically two groups of supporters; the ones who were disappointed that Shovel Knight was not a full fighter, and the people who were ecstatic that Shovel Knight was here.

Echo or not, I see them as fighters. Daisy, Inkling, Dark Samus. Time was spent and work was done to have them appear in the game and have distinct character to them. I could see your reasoning if Daisy and Dark Samus were set to be alts of Peach and Samus, but to me, if they have a spot on the roster then they deserve their recognition for it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

There just aren’t really any realistic female newcomers that have been long supported to get into Smash left. It seems like Smash 4 got all the notable ones in. That’d be pretty dumb to add in characters that aren’t really in demand just because they are females.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom