• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought about that, having a Smash 64 like intro for Geno's trailer

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If we're sticking with the theme of the previous trailers, I think it'll go something like this.

[Insert beloved veteran character/Maybe Link?] is exploring the woods when suddenly arrows start raining from the sky (Bowyer is not seen yet since he'd pretty much spoil the surprise). The veteran character is turned into a statue. Before Bowyer turns anyone else into stone, Geno appears from the sky like this:
2018-08-17.png

As Geno swoops in this theme starts playing along with gameplay footage:

Last part of the trailer has Geno do his taunt where he returns into doll form while Mario watches.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I thought about that, having a Smash 64 like intro for Geno's trailer
Maybe not a full trailer but just his reveal and the way it is done.

Also Pycho, HOW DARE YOU not have me on the supporter list. I've been a Geno supporter on SmashBoards probably longer than you. :lick::ness::lick:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe not a full trailer but just his reveal and the way it is done.

Also Pycho, HOW DARE YOU not have me on the supporter list. I've been a Geno supporter on SmashBoards probably longer than you. :lick::ness::lick:
I was creating a "Legacy" section for people that have supported Geno in the past but hadn't posted in this thread before and it has quite a few people on it that have supported Geno for a long time.

But, that was taking longer than I thought because I have to go page by page in the old threads and see if the person actually supports the character or not.

You were actually one of the first people on that list

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was creating a "Legacy" section for people that have supported Geno in the past but hadn't posted in this thread before and it has quite a few people on it that have supported Geno for a long time.

But, that was taking longer than I thought because I have to go page by page in the old threads and see if the person actually supports the character or not.

You were actually one of the first people on that list
Yeah I figured it was something like that.

Still won't stop me from ever giving you (or really anyone) a hard time haha! :grin:

gebi

Cloud Prince
I really hope they don't wait too long, and Geno isn't leaked before the announcement. When did the ESRB leak happen for Smash 4?
I feel like that's a big reason he wants to reveal all fighters before launch so he can beat the leakers. He may do it before the game is even gone gold just to get ththe upper hand. So maybe the next direct is our last set of smash characters. Its not likely bit its possible and i wouldn't mind it.

Do you think they'd put Mallow anywhere? like in his final smash?
I believe an assist would make sense to reveal in his trailer. Maybe he uses thunderbolt or HP rain to heal its summoner.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Pretty triggered when people suggest echo characters between characters from different series. There’s a pretty obvious precedent set that they are (and should) going to keep them within the same series

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

Also, I think we could get Echoes from different franchises compared to the base character. If it works out. The thing is, we just have a pattern. But it's practically more of a case of "would they first work as alternate costumes? Yes. Okay, we can turn them into a character." when it comes to actual design factors. We could easily see, say, Black Shadow as an Echo of Ganondorf(which would turn it back around), because it works as the bodyshape more than anything else.

domriver

Smash Lord
If we're sticking with the theme of the previous trailers, I think it'll go something like this.

[Insert beloved veteran character/Maybe Link?] is exploring the woods when suddenly arrows start raining from the sky (Bowyer is not seen yet since he'd pretty much spoil the surprise). The veteran character is turned into a statue. Before Bowyer turns anyone else into stone, Geno appears from the sky like this:

As Geno swoops in this theme starts playing along with gameplay footage:

Last part of the trailer has Geno do his taunt where he returns into doll form while Mario watches.
I am almost certain that the day Geno is revealed his reveal trailer will be done very very well. Down to the last detail. For myself personally i am hoping his reveal trailer shows areas of Mario RPG. sigh..... would be so nice to see areas in Full blown glorious high def 4k switch ejejejej. :D

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
So I had been having a bit of trouble just straight uploading an image, but in regards to whoever suggested mixing Robin and Geno's look or giving him the Levin sword, I just changed my avatar to some fan art I made using Robin's smash ultimate pose as a base. Hopefully you can see it a bit.

It's funny, I haven't made any Geno fan art in years, and now the hype has gotten so big i'm doing it again.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Pretty triggered when people suggest echo characters between characters from different series. There’s a pretty obvious precedent set that they are (and should) going to keep them within the same series
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but, Ganondorf feels more like an exception rather than a possibility. Even entertaining the echo idea is weird

Different topic: So, will Geno maybe get his own Icon? We still don't know what the second Mario icon means.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I had been having a bit of trouble just straight uploading an image, but in regards to whoever suggested mixing Robin and Geno's look or giving him the Levin sword, I just changed my avatar to some fan art I made using Robin's smash ultimate pose as a base. Hopefully you can see it a bit.

It's funny, I haven't made any Geno fan art in years, and now the hype has gotten so big i'm doing it again.
Cool! It look's as if Geno and Robin did a fusion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but, Ganondorf feels more like an exception rather than a possibility. Even entertaining the echo idea is weird

Different topic: So, will Geno maybe get his own Icon? We still don't know what the second Mario icon means.
During a different part of the direct it showed that Mario Kart music has its own category of music, which is why people are suggesting the second mushroom is Mario Kart

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
During a different part of the direct it showed that Mario Kart music has its own category of music, which is why people are suggesting the second mushroom is Mario Kart
okay where is this

like, if I can get a time stamp I can go with that, but I've heard people say this and I've been trying to search for it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Question: when Geno is inevitably confirmed, how many music tracks from Super Mario RPG do you hope to see/are guessing will be included with Ultimate?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It'd be funny if they decided to make a character in smash from mariokart. I dont know what that means even if I said that, maybe a new mario in his kart, and he drives around into others and uses shells and stuff.
I know it doesn't make sense ok, but the picture of it is funny. :)

not sure why they'd need a section specific to mario kart, but more music I guess. So much music.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Im sorry but i have to say. geno would not work as an echo fighter because the whole point of an echo fighter is that if the said echo fighter were to be in smash their moveset would be way too similar to another character. granted dark pit's situation is a strange one, Geno on the other hand would not work because what makes geno geno is the different special moves he uses in SMRPG. and to write that off is a huge slap in the face of Geno fans. why do people not understand this.

Dan

Smash Lord
If I had to describe Geno to someone who doesn't know who he is I would say imagine Pinocchio with a blue hat and a gun for an arm... that sound stupid and amazing at the same time.

This is my theme song if he gets in:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
okay where is this

like, if I can get a time stamp I can go with that, but I've heard people say this and I've been trying to search for it.
I saw a picture on /v/. But I can't find it.

I wonder if it was a picture from a previous smash game.

I guess there IS no proof right now

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Your font kills me; I have to highlight it every time I want to read your posts.

Geno as a Mii Gunner echo I could see, especially if it's like Dark Samus where the skeleton is redone but used as the frame. Given he seems proportional to the Mii Gunner and the costume looked pretty good. I suppose the only issue with it is the Mii fighters are grouped up into a single character and it would be weird having Geno be a Echo there.

I'd prefer him just to be a unique character, but if it was between a Echo and not being in the game I'd take a Echo.
I'd take that, but the bad thing is then he is then stuck as an Echo forever; we have never seen a character decloned completely, and he is totally deserving to be unique. If he was saved for a hypothetical Smash 6, then he could be unique.; if he is one of those new hybrid-Echoes, then I'd probably be game for that (so long as he feels somewhat unique). I have faith in daddy Sakurai; he has praised the character.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I saw a picture on /v/. But I can't find it.

I wonder if it was a picture from a previous smash game.

I guess there IS no proof right now
If you find any, let me know and ping/DM me. That goes for anyone.

If I had to describe Geno to someone who doesn't know who he is I would say imagine Pinocchio with a blue hat and a gun for an arm... that sound stupid and amazing at the same time.

This is my theme song if he gets in:

that album kills me. Ever heard it all?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey I was thinking, I don't know if someone pointed this out before, but if the new mode in smash is called Spirits, then it's the perfect time to bring Geno, cuz he's a spirit mostly, and there's potential for like small storyline in there maybe.

Also, Geno is a lot about wishes right? Well they're making fans' wishes come true this time around, with ballot votes and more, so there's another opening for a tagline from sakurai about making people's wishes come true, and then revealing Geno. I mean, it's cheesy but you gotta take the opportunity for it right.

Also, unrelated, but Geno can equip pants in mario rpg right? And yet we never see pants on, I think there's a mystery there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey I was thinking, I don't know if someone pointed this out before, but if the new mode in smash is called Spirits, then it's the perfect time to bring Geno, cuz he's a spirit mostly, and there's potential for like small storyline in there maybe.

Also, Geno is a lot about wishes right? Well they're making fans' wishes come true this time around, with ballot votes and more, so there's another opening for a tagline from sakurai about making people's wishes come true, and then revealing Geno. I mean, it's cheesy but you gotta take the opportunity for it right.

Also, unrelated, but Geno can equip pants in mario rpg right? And yet we never see pants on, I think there's a mystery there.
There is one pair of pants called the work pants that anyone can wear, but that's about it

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Hey, everyone. Take this with a grain of salt but the supposed leaker who changed the name of that Galaga track to Bloody Tears just came back to post another leak.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/428153608/
Geno is one of the newcomers in the leak, along with a few other fanfavorites, however, don't get your hopes up. It might be fake.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, everyone. Take this with a grain of salt but the supposed leaker who changed the name of that Galaga track to Bloody Tears just came back to post another leak.
Geno is one of the newcomers in the leak, along with a few other fanfavorites, however, don't get your hopes up. It might be fake.
Edit: Even if the name of the song changes, it's possible at most the guy was able to hack it or is part of the team that updates the site. He could have no actual inside info

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Sounds decent enough, but where are our beloved Gardevoir and Gothitelle? And for some reason people have been speculating there'll be no more stages, which I don't see why that would be the case.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Even IF that happens, there is always the possibility the guy ONLY knows what the update is going to be
That's true.
Edit: The "no more stages" speculation is just a misunderstanding of what Sakurai said, so I also don't believe that it's finalized.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The "no more stages" speculation is just a misunderstanding of what Sakurai said, so I also don't believe that it's finalized.
You're not allowed to double post on this site. You have to edit anything you say after your post into your previous post if no one else posts between then

Just mentioning that because a mod actually posted that message earlier on this page

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't buy it at all.

Also tyrus+ tyrus+ watch out for double posting. you can click on +quote of a post from someone and then 'insert quote' will come up, next to 'attach files', of your reply so you can quote multiple people in one post.

There is one pair of pants called the work pants that anyone can wear, but that's about it
I was just trying to say something random about Geno. Humour isn't always easy with internet words .. :)

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
see dixie at least has a character that they'd use to base her model off of

Geno's one of the few characters I can't even think of who they'd use as a base... I mean, there probably is someone? But I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt him from ground up.
I mean, they do have a sort of start with his Mii Costume. Just slap his head in there, build upon it and give him moves. Boom, done. :'D

I can see Mario and Peach staring at the night sky during a meteor shower, making a wish and then Bowser looks at the same sky from the balcony of his castle and making a wish as well. Then it reaches Star Road, a glow of a star looks at those wishes then it leaves the scene without revealing his star form. Then another wishing star fall from the sky (but it turns out it's actually ♡♪!? ) disappearing into the Forest. Either a scene where we follow the star as it/he travels through it (maybe as a nod to the Forest Maze) or it just continues to fall down into the chimney of Gaz's home and a bright flash happens.
The door opens.

Geno is back.

EDIT but if the title does change, it has potential of being true.
Probably gonna check in a couple of hours to see if it is. Waiting an extra hour just to make sure.

I have my doubts but it's "something"

Last edited:

Kero!

Smash Cadet
Bomb Blush Rush?
I thought, if referencing the splatoon song, it was Bomb RUSH Blush??
That's a little funky- maybe I'm seeing something wrong here?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bomb Blush Rush?
I thought, if referencing the splatoon song, it was Bomb RUSH Blush??
That's a little funky- maybe I'm seeing something wrong here?
What the guy is saying is that he has the ability to change the name of the song but he's going to do it in a subtle way to try and get away with it being changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom