• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yo i was just looking at the updated version of the smash ultimate artwork and Mii Brawler and Sword Fighter are next to each other but Gunner is separate. There seems to be room if they moved her to the right for Geno to be there and be facing her holding his gun arm out too. It doesn't really prove anything and i think its silly to look at the artwork for spaces and stuff as evidence but its something i just thought about and wanted to share

EDIT: My bad i was quite vague, i am referring to the long artwork that was shown at the E3 Direct and then showed again at the end of the smash direct when they added the newly announced characters in.
The latest Direct proved that analyzing the artwork is pointless. They just moved some characters around to make room for the new ones. They'll do the same for other newcomers, so don't waste time looking at the gaps.

Also if that many people at Nintendo knew about the character since 2015 it'd have been leaked by now
Well, a lot of characters weren't leaked in that time, so I don't think that's fair to say. Simon was leaked, but Richter and all the other Castlevania content weren't. King K. Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus weren't leaked, either. The only leaked character from a credible source right now is Isabelle.

The only major true leak besides Simon so far was evidently someone just seeing the Direct video early and recounting the highlights, rather than leaking something based on internal information from the developers. There's still a lot of unknowns, so more major surprises are in store.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I just cross referenced the current look of the smash poster with what it looked like before they added the 5 new characters and confirmed my suspicions.

They are actually moving around characters slightly to make room for new characters as they are announced. Before there wasn't as large of a space open for dark samus originally. They moved shulk and peach to the right to make room for her.

So when talking about open spaces we'll need to think about where they can move characters to make space as well.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If it comes to that again, keep pestering and it may happen.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon ....

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Don't you just love it when Smash speculation starts to sound like preparation for some big battle? That's when you know people are getting into it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I stole it from the Ashley thread, so it's not like I own it. LOL
Haha true. I just saw it here, is all.

Anyway, Geno would be really neat, I think. Weirdly enough though I think my headcanon voice for him is something a lot of people wouldn't like. :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I couldn't even tell you, lol. Just the first voice that popped into my mind for the character and somehow it stuck.
Well, that sort of thing I can sorta understand. I think all of us have those sorta in jokes, even if they just to ourselves. But out of curiosity, what do you think his actual voice would sound like? I have a feeling he will be getting a voice, for my own silly but possible reason.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I would personally just like there to be classic sounds from Mario RPG, even if "upscaled" or a little touched up instead of talking. Kind of like Mega Man and Pac Man. No voices, but the classic sounds involved in their games, etc.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Even if he's not in the main game, we should prepare ourselves for a DLC campaign. I know last time proved fruitless, but, last time they were also preparing for a new Smash game instantly
The issue with Smash 4 was that Sakurai finally sat at the table with Square Enix to decide on a guest character, and of course he went with Final Fantasy, and of course he chose Cloud as the rep. But he knows Geno is a big demand and wants it himself, so he put in the Mii costume as a compromise.

Now that Cloud is out of the way, and Square Enix is obviously willing to let Geno be in the game, Sakurai could do it if he wanted to. And given how much support he's had over the years, I'm expecting it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would personally just like there to be classic sounds from Mario RPG, even if "upscaled" or a little touched up instead of talking. Kind of like Mega Man and Pac Man. No voices, but the classic sounds involved in their games, etc.
I do understand that, but Geno originates from an RPG. Talking was not a big thing in Meag Man or Pac Man, but SMRPG had a story that was discussed, even if it was a simple one. And a lot of it came out of Geno's mouth. Plus, there is something I noticed. In game there is the silence effect that keeps the character from talking, which translates to them being unable to use special moves. That to me confirms that in order to use those moves, the character had to vocalize the attack, kinda like a magic command.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
My choice isn't his lack of ability of speech or anything, I would just personally prefer having the classic game sounds for the Nostalgia factor.

Last edited:

Kero!

Smash Cadet
On the voice of Geno thing, I'd expect him to sound confident, but really menacing when he's serious. In my mind, he'd probably laugh like
Wirt from Over The Garden Wall. Sort of cheery, but not too over the top and bubbly. I guess I could say he'd sound similar (but maybe less accented and slightly higher pitched) than the voice that was given to him in SMRPG Abridged? I'm honestly not sure haha

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Also, I have no doubt that they are gonna use classic sound effects, it's just that none of the sound effects were coming from the characters vocalizing. They were always from the attacks themselves, not the characters.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Even if he's not in the main game, we should prepare ourselves for a DLC campaign. I know last time proved fruitless, but, last time they were also preparing for a new Smash game instantly
I actually totally disagree with this. When you start campaigning for DLC before the base game is even out, almost all hope is lost. If Geno isn’t in this time, he’s just never happening. For the creator of the game to constantly say he wants him in and for them to be working with Square so closely now from the start, there is no reason whatsoever he shouldn’t be in the base game. If he isn’t then clearly there is a reason and it’s just not meant to be.

We have the fanbase size and longevity, the directors support, and square is working on the game. If they don’t put him in now, there is clearly something coming between this all that just will not be resolved by waiting a few extra months for DLC. Smash does not have a promising history with DLC so far. From the looks of it, they just want to shill nonsense 3rd parties and main characters from whatever nintendo games are coming out.

They seem to be using the base game for fan service and DLC for the advertising/marketing characters to potentially bring in people who for some reason own a switch and don’t have smash.

Geno is in the base game lads, the evidence is all there. Don’t start giving up and discussing his DLC possibilities. We’ve been at this too long and we should all know better at this point. We’ve been clamoring for this for over a decade at this point Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa , i know yourself included.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, that sort of thing I can sorta understand. I think all of us have those sorta in jokes, even if they just to ourselves. But out of curiosity, what do you think his actual voice would sound like? I have a feeling he will be getting a voice, for my own silly but possible reason.
If I had to be more serious with a vocal match, I'd go for something like Mick Wingert's portrayal of Jeorge in Fire Emblem Heroes. Calm, calculated, and with an air of intrigue.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Geno is in the base game lads, the evidence is all there. Don’t start giving up and discussing his DLC possibilities. We’ve been at this too long and we should all know better at this point. We’ve been clamoring for this for over a decade at this point Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa , i know yourself included.
okay I should clarify what I meant: Even if he's not in the base game, we shouldn't give up hope. We've been at this too long. It's his time to shine.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If I had to be more serious with a vocal match, I'd go for something like Mick Wingert's portrayal of Jeorge in Fire Emblem Heroes. Calm, calculated, and with an air of intrigue.
Just listened to him a bit, and I can see it. Wish we could have the opportunity to hear more vocal range though.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Obviously he would have to be voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.
JK
Id love it if he had knuckle's voice from Sonic x. Or kaiba's voice from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
JK
Id love it if he had knuckle's voice from Sonic x. Or kaiba's voice from Yu-Gi-Oh.
Strange choices. It would be weird having the same guy who voiced Kirby Right Back at you Meta Knight in the game.

Edit: Not necessarily bad choices, I am just confused.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I always imagine his voice from the Rawest Forest music video...probably because I've never heard his voice in anything else

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I always imagine his voice from the Rawest Forest music video...probably because I've never heard his voice in anything else
That video is so strangely iconic. In all honesty, that was the first SMRPG related thing I recall seeing.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I will also admit I have a hard time placing a voice for Geno since there isn't an original voice or anthying like that. Is his voice based on his actual character (star-person thingy) or on the puppet? Or specifically, does the Puppet affect his voice? Would his voice be distorted? So many questions.

So obviously I am going on the "safe" route with just sounds and whatnot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
JK
Kaiba was actually my second choice, but I found it weird when I found out it was the same voice actor as Brock

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Whipped this up today for those who were wanting an image with supporting evidence towards Geno's inclusion. I think it covers about everything important. Didn't include the double Mushroom icons on the music page because it was supposedly the same in Smash 4.
geno.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom