• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It just came to me that Geno is essentialy a toy who has come to life, just like how the Smash 64 intro started.
Someone was speculating a few pages back that that might be how Geno's reveal video might go--like a recreation of Smash 64's intro. That would be pretty awesome, both for Geno fans and as a neat Smash callback.

Speaking of his intro, I had an idea last night for one: Mario and Bowser are fighting on top of Bowser's Keep (though it looks just like any other Bowser Castle stage at first glance, to throw people off.) Bowser has Peach tied up, recreating the classic stand-off. Mario and Bowser leap at each other, about to clash...

When a sword comes crashing down into the keep, sending the two flying. Peach stares at the sword, Exor, which roars at her. She struggles at her ropes, trying to get free, until...

A wooden doll drops down in front of her, lifeless. A beam of light raises it up, and it snaps to attention, opening its eyes. The light fades, and Geno drops to the ground in a fighting stance, transforming his hand into a gun barrel. Cue splash screen. Then he charges a beam, and we cut to gameplay.

Finally, in the last scene after the gameplay, it shows Geno land on a cliff far from the Keep, Peach in tow, the barrel of his gun-arm smoking. Exor dissolves into dust in the distance as he and Peach look on.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, we have discussed Geno's possible special moves a bunch, but not really his more physical moves, at least in comparison.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, we have discussed Geno's possible special moves a bunch, but not really his more physical moves, at least in comparison.
Lots of using ranged attacks like mii gunner and snake

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Lots of using ranged attacks like mii gunner and snake
I agree that he will be ranged, but I am talking the things other than his specials. The more physical stuff, like his tilt's, smashes, etc. Snake and mii gunner have range, but that is mostly from there specials.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree that he will be ranged, but I am talking the things other than his specials. The more physical stuff, like his tilt's, smashes, etc. Snake and mii gunner have range, but that is mostly from there specials.
Yeah, but both have various physical attacks that are ranged as well. Especially the Mii gunner. Both Snake and Mii gunner have ranged Smash attacks

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, but both have various physical attacks that are ranged as well. Especially the Mii gunner. Both Snake and Mii gunner have ranged Smash attacks
I thought only Megaman had a true ranged Smash? Honestly, I feel Geno would be more comparable to Magaman when it comes to how he physically handles things.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is interesting https://www.inverse.com/article/46760-4chan-leak-reveals-11-new-super-smash-bros-ultimate-characters

There is nothing about this leak that gives it any merit but I still LIKE IT. If they show K. Rool this month I'm going consider this leak gospel.
I like that one because Dixie, K Rool and Geno are the ones I want the most

The only problem is so many different leaks are saying "K Rool revealed July" that even if one of them is true we can't be sure which one. Probably the original and the others are just piggybacking, but I'm not sure which one was the original.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting https://www.inverse.com/article/46760-4chan-leak-reveals-11-new-super-smash-bros-ultimate-characters

There is nothing about this leak that gives it any merit but I still LIKE IT. If they show K. Rool this month I'm going consider this leak gospel.
I've been hearing about this one floating around and it makes no sense. If someone is gonna leak a character why give code names instead of the actual names?! if you know who they are then why not say it?
or is it something like nintendo while working on it has been using code names to help keep it secret?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been hearing about this one floating around and it makes no sense. If someone is gonna leak a character why give code names instead of the actual names?! if you know who they are then why not say it?
or is it something like nintendo while working on it has been using code names to help keep it secret?
I can't actually recall a single time these coded leaks have turned out to be true.

They also have them during Pokemon speculation. And while there was that Chinese leaker with the puzzle, I can't remember if it was true or not.

The recent ones were all fake. PLG P/E doesn't even have a starter. You can't leave clues who the starter trio are and it turns out there is no starter trio

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Ah, so about this--and speaking of Mega Man--I found this quote from Sakurai on Source Gaming:

Sakurai said:
For Megaman, if I was just thinking about how he would fight, he probably would have ended up with standard punches and kicks. Megaman’s moveset in the “Marvel VS. Capcom” series is comprised of punches and kicks, so there would be no inconsistencies there as well. However, the unique trait of the Megaman series is that he uses the attacks of various bosses to fight. I am aiming to capture the “embodiment” of Megaman by incorporating a wealth of these different attacks into his character.
So, for Geno's regular attacks, what is his "embodiment?" Easy--he's a living weapon, as well as being a child's toy. With that in mind, his moves don't necessarily have to only adhere to the weapons he has shown before. For example, he may have never fired anything from his boots or legs in his game, but why not have that happen here? I can see how a weak yet long range bullet fired low from his toes could be a down tilt, with the possibility of a distance tripping. And for a neutral air, I can see him opening all four knee and elbow joints in an X shape to fire bullets, lasers, or even explosions.

Likewise, let's remember the puppet/toy body has options all its own--I can see his head popping up on a spring like a jack-in-the-box for an up smash, or even a tether grab in the form of an "ultra hand" like extension of his arm (from the shoulder, where weapons haven't been shown to be hidden.)

It might seem weird at first, but these are all legitimate options for the kind of character Geno is. They would be new material, like Falcon or Fox's moves at first, or Pit's back when he first rose from the dead--But material that Geno could conceivably be seen doing. You gotta think like Sakurai: what would his crazy self do with a living, weaponized toy?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
JZv2238.png

Geno has the honor of being in the top most leaked characters. Tied for 6th

Not bad. In the least it could show his desire by the community to be in the game.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I can’t believe after all this time waiting there’s even a 5% chance in my mind Geno could be in.

Nothing is more exciting than the thought of his inclusion... but I am struggling to restrain myself. I don’t want to get crushed.

Geno - Banjo - Simon - chorusmen
Remove Bay ;D and maybe 1 or 2 more >:D
Would make for the greatest game of all time.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Geno's physicals would really not be all that difficult to map either. He has a lot of different weapons in SMRPG that could translate into physical attacks quite easily. Forward tilt I see as being either his Double Punch, Star Gun or Hand Cannon, though above all I think Star Gun would work best. His Dair would be best for his Double Punch, actually, and I could see it being a satisfying meteor smash.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
View attachment 151918

Not bad. In the least it could show his desire by the community to be in the game.
Leaks are ok, but I'd like to see some concrete evidence. It's almost only been a month since E3 and I think we're starved for information. I want to see who the next newcomer is!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As it is, finding a genuine leak is like looking for a needle in a haystack, only the haystack is wet and filled with toothpicks.

View attachment 151918

All these supposed leakers, and not a single one vouches for Shantae. Shame on these people.

Leaks are ok, but I'd like to see some concrete evidence. It's almost only been a month since E3 and I think we're starved for information. I want to see who the next newcomer is!
The wait is absurdly long for me. I hope they reveal somebody soon, it'd be a nice early birthday gift.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So I finished my run of SMRPG today, and I found out something quite interesting. Did you know you can essentially break the game by only raising power and magic with the level up bonuses? I did it just as a goof, a way to change things up, and I noticed I was bodying absolutely everyone--even Culex and those freaking crystals (took him out at level 19, no less.) Almost any group of enemies could be taken out by Mallow alone with the Troopa Pin and the 2 FP Thunderbolt (he got magic bonuses only.) And as even more of a goof, I gave Toadstool only power bonuses--with the frying pan in tow, she was doing more damage than Mario with the Attack Scarf/Lazy Shell combo. Nothing could touch me, and I barely took any damage, making my lower HP completely meaningless.

I guess offense really is the best defense, lol.

On a side note, I simply can't seem to pull off 100 Super Jumps like I used to. :ohwell: Either that, or I just don't have the time or patience to keep trying...

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
So I finished my run of SMRPG today, and I found out something quite interesting. Did you know you can essentially break the game by only raising power and magic with the level up bonuses? I did it just as a goof, a way to change things up, and I noticed I was bodying absolutely everyone--even Culex and those freaking crystals (took him out at level 19, no less.) Almost any group of enemies could be taken out by Mallow alone with the Troopa Pin and the 2 FP Thunderbolt (he got magic bonuses only.) And as even more of a goof, I gave Toadstool only power bonuses--with the frying pan in tow, she was doing more damage than Mario with the Attack Scarf/Lazy Shell combo. Nothing could touch me, and I barely took any damage, making my lower HP completely meaningless.

On a side note, I simply can't seem to pull off 100 Super Jumps like I used to. :ohwell: Either that, or I just don't have the time or patience to keep trying...
Nice man! I think the most I've ever done is 50?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't recall, during Smash 4, was Geno in the majority of the leaks? I tried to not look at them back then.
I'd wager probably not, considering people are actually respecting Geno's chances now while his chances were largely considered dead in the water in the days of the Smash 4 Hype Train.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I'd wager probably not, considering people are actually respecting Geno's chances now while his chances were largely considered dead in the water in the days of the Smash 4 Hype Train.
That was my thinking. I remember his chances were nowhere near where they're at now. Which is positive for us! But the fact that people outside of the supporters are starting to address his popularity and chances is a big sign. I mean it's not like we can do much, but his popularity is keeping him afloat.

That's awesome! I remember the Super Jump was always really tough for me. I have no idea why, but I never remember doing that well on it. Culex on the other hand was an absolute beast, but that was one of the best parts in that game. I loved Final Fantasy as a kid too, so it was the perfect crossover. Plus that boss music was probably my favourite FF music in the whole series. Just an awesome part in the game.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I’ve beaten SMRPG start to finish more times than any other game, (easily my fav game of all time- Chrono Trigger takes #2)...and I still don’t have 100 super jumps scratched off the list... but I haven’t given it all my time yet. My next play through I’m doing it though. As soon as it’s available for switch :D

Ugh just thinking of some smrpg music in Smash is so hype. His forest theme is an obvious pick, but Smithy battle 1 would be sooo epic. Also, hearing his original sound FX would put me in a temporary happy coma.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, I think I've gotten 100 jumps...twice, Maybe? It's up there with some of the hardest video game challenges of all time, many of which I cruelly forced myself to complete, lol.

The hardest? Unlocking the AX characters in F-Zero GX. Bar none. All Kid Icarus Uprising levels at the highest difficulty would be second. After that...well, Smash on very hard. Take your pick of which game.

Yah...I'm a glutton for punishment.:p

Anyhow! Getting off topic now. Back to Geno. Like you said, Wiley Wiley , I would kill to hear those tunes in Smash. And yes on the FX too! If he does indeed use Geno Blast, I will not accept it if it does not include that trademark screech at the end. That's an essential element of the move, lol.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Just finished streaming my latest playthrough of SMRPG yesterday. I've never gotten the 100 jumps either.

I love the ending of that game. Geno is kinda upset about having to leave right before the final fight.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, I'd imagine we'll get a newcomer reveal this week or the next. My money is on Geno to be the next character to be revealed.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
*cracks neck*

I've risen from the dead to throw my hat into the ring for Geno (again). Been repping the Geno avatars and signatures before they were cool.

(Though I'm happy to see they're cool now.~)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Man, I am terrible with the Mii Gunner. But I love that Geno costume... lol
I think the number of people who aren't terrible with Mii Gunner could fit on two hands.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I think the number of people who aren't terrible with Mii Gunner could fit on two hands.
Geno is the only reason I started to dabble with Mii Gunner at all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what'd suck?

If the puzzle leak for Smash Ultimate is true

But "Doll" turns out to be that toy robot thing

can't remember it's name. That Gundam looking action figure character

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
You know what'd suck?

Custom Robo?

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
You know what'd suck?

You referring to the robots from Daemon X Machina which was revealed recently? If you are, isn't that a new IP? Why would Sakurai choose a character from a completely new IP that's not even released yet? Doesn't seem like him to do that so I don't think doll is referring to that.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
That's it! Custom Robo
I mean.... I would be kinda of happy since I love the Custom Robo games and would like a character in smash to hopefully bring the series back from the dead.
but still want Geno more. also calling them Dolls feels like a bit of a stretch. (then again I guess they are basically RC action figures)

Well, I'd imagine we'll get a newcomer reveal this week or the next. My money is on Geno to be the next character to be revealed.
as much as I'd like for Geno to be next I don't think that will be there move. I think it's probably gonna be there 3rd party pick if they have any new ones.
and if that one leaker that actually does have results is correct then it's probably gonna be Simon Belmont next.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd share these. My late grandma made me these plushes(along with a lot of other SMRPG cast members) back in 2009. These are priceless to me to say the least.
IMG_0855.JPG

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean.... I would be kinda of happy since I love the Custom Robo games and would like a character in smash to hopefully bring the series back from the dead.
but still want Geno more. also calling them Dolls feels like a bit of a stretch. (then again I guess they are basically RC action figures)

as much as I'd like for Geno to be next I don't think that will be there move. I think it's probably gonna be there 3rd party pick if they have any new ones.
and if that one leaker that actually does have results is correct then it's probably gonna be Simon Belmont next.
If Simon were true, they'd save him for a Nintendo Direct. All the major 3rd party characters are given the Nintendo Direct treatment. Geno though, despite being owned by a third party, is more a Marioverse character and would likely be done outside a Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom