• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'll be back soon, **** is hitting the fan with my favorite YouTuber Etika...

If you heard about it, the **** is wild...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Can't say I'm usually a fan of your long-winded and aggressive posts, but that SCP reference? I'm gonna give you some kudos and a slow clap. Excellent touch.

Also, I have to be honest here: my posts never used to be aggressive. I think people like EarlTamm EarlTamm and Ovaltine Ovaltine can tell you I used to not really be as aggressive with my posts as I am now, even with my debates. I think it's a culmination of frustrations with people who continue to blindly believe what they are told instead of looking deeper and thinking for themselves, regardless of the decision they reach afterwards. I very much used to be that kind of person even into my early twenties: parents are always right, religion is always right (not trying to start anything here, just clarifying the context of my experience), don't question things that don't need to be questioned. An ex-friend of mine made me realize it was okay for me to think for myself and to talk about it, because up until that point I would have ideas and opinion that conflict with how I was raised and I would just sit there and let it muddle and not say anything, which ultimately left me being a walking zilch with nothing to say and no opinions to be had unless I was repeating something my dad said like a parrot.

Once I realized I can form my own thoughts and opinions and I can have ones that go against things that I'm used to without feeling like I'm just flat out wrong or shouldn't be, the world opened up and it because this crazy world of gray areas and debating and such, and I loved it. I could actually form strong opinions and not care if it upset someone or went against what my parents would think. I felt free. I felt informed.

However I've noticed more and more that people my age are doing this exact same thing, but instead of where I came from being Christianity, it's other forms of tribalism like politics or social debates about media. So many people are lost and uninformed because they have a side to take or they just accept what they hear or see on the first go without thinking critically about it or doing their own research. At first I let it go, but eventually I got into debating about it and over the course of a couple years I've lost a number of friends merely because they cannot see through their own tribalism and I grew to more and more refuse to let an issue go when they were flat out actually incorrect.

I once again let it go for a time because I wasn't the best debater and wasn't the best for researching and felt a lack of confidence in certain scenarios, but now it's affecting the two mediums I love most: film and video games, though I would say I appreciate animation more than film. More and more people are becoming clouded by their own stances that they refuse to even entertain the idea of being incorrect and now calling out bad material for what it is and asking for improvement is controversial.

So TL;DR I used to be like that NPC meme but instead of being liberal it was more that I never had my own opinions and just repeated things I had been told. Now that I think for myself I see a world of people who fall under that meme and don't give a damn and I see things suffering because of this mindset and it irks me, and the worse it gets for film, animation and gaming the more personal it feels. My horrible experiences in PapaGeno's Forest Maze Discord community brought me past my point of being friendly about it and now I even unknowingly am more aggressive in my arguments.

Not sure if it's something I want to change to much, but maybe focusing more on being assertive until my opponent steps over the line would be a good idea. That way people don't think I'm trying to force them to change their mind when I just want them to think on the topic again with more information.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that awkward personal stuff out of the way, I thought of a way Geno can still be playable and meet the criteria of the Fighter's Pass. I'll talk about it later.

Also EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman can you hit me up with that info on how the guy who said they would pick a DoA rep over Hayabusa but they haven't be met with holds no weight against Hayabusa or a Koei Tecmo rep again? Got some people in my Discord that think Hayabusa is deconfirmed because of this.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What happened?
This isn't really the place to discuss it, but I'm sure you can find plenty of info if you Google it. It's, uh... It's a bit of a hot mess to the point that he was trending worldwide yesterday.

Needless to say, I'm not giving him any attention anymore. Dude needs help.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice

Also, I have to be honest here: my posts never used to be aggressive. I think people like EarlTamm EarlTamm and Ovaltine Ovaltine can tell you I used to not really be as aggressive with my posts as I am now, even with my debates. I think it's a culmination of frustrations with people who continue to blindly believe what they are told instead of looking deeper and thinking for themselves, regardless of the decision they reach afterwards. I very much used to be that kind of person even into my early twenties: parents are always right, religion is always right (not trying to start anything here, just clarifying the context of my experience), don't question things that don't need to be questioned. An ex-friend of mine made me realize it was okay for me to think for myself and to talk about it, because up until that point I would have ideas and opinion that conflict with how I was raised and I would just sit there and let it muddle and not say anything, which ultimately left me being a walking zilch with nothing to say and no opinions to be had unless I was repeating something my dad said like a parrot.

Once I realized I can form my own thoughts and opinions and I can have ones that go against things that I'm used to without feeling like I'm just flat out wrong or shouldn't be, the world opened up and it because this crazy world of gray areas and debating and such, and I loved it. I could actually form strong opinions and not care if it upset someone or went against what my parents would think. I felt free. I felt informed.

However I've noticed more and more that people my age are doing this exact same thing, but instead of where I came from being Christianity, it's other forms of tribalism like politics or social debates about media. So many people are lost and uninformed because they have a side to take or they just accept what they hear or see on the first go without thinking critically about it or doing their own research. At first I let it go, but eventually I got into debating about it and over the course of a couple years I've lost a number of friends merely because they cannot see through their own tribalism and I grew to more and more refuse to let an issue go when they were flat out actually incorrect.

I once again let it go for a time because I wasn't the best debater and wasn't the best for researching and felt a lack of confidence in certain scenarios, but now it's affecting the two mediums I love most: film and video games, though I would say I appreciate animation more than film. More and more people are becoming clouded by their own stances that they refuse to even entertain the idea of being incorrect and now calling out bad material for what it is and asking for improvement is controversial.

So TL;DR I used to be like that NPC meme but instead of being liberal it was more that I never had my own opinions and just repeated things I had been told. Now that I think for myself I see a world of people who fall under that meme and don't give a damn and I see things suffering because of this mindset and it irks me, and the worse it gets for film, animation and gaming the more personal it feels. My horrible experiences in PapaGeno's Forest Maze Discord community brought me past my point of being friendly about it and now I even unknowingly am more aggressive in my arguments.

Not sure if it's something I want to change to much, but maybe focusing more on being assertive until my opponent steps over the line would be a good idea. That way people don't think I'm trying to force them to change their mind when I just want them to think on the topic again with more information.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that awkward personal stuff out of the way, I thought of a way Geno can still be playable and meet the criteria of the Fighter's Pass. I'll talk about it later.

Also EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman can you hit me up with that info on how the guy who said they would pick a DoA rep over Hayabusa but they haven't be met with holds no weight against Hayabusa or a Koei Tecmo rep again? Got some people in my Discord that think Hayabusa is deconfirmed because of this.
I empathize so hard on this. I've lost so many friends because of stupid ideological divergence.

Though that stuff has no basis here in any sociopolitical lens, it certainly affects how I perceive the Geno situation.

For instance theres a very toxic commentor usually on Papagenos and Billybo videos, and he goes to every comment that says they want such and such character and essentially says stop wishing for things, because Nintendo doesnt care about such and such fan requests and he talks like a know it all scum.

Normally I wouldn't give that sort of stupidity the time of day, but it constantly irked me.
I am a generally passive person, but I've been burned one too many times as my girlfriend puts it.

I stood up to him, told him who was he to **** on other peoples dreams and speculation.

And he said to me subsequently he would be sure to go extra hard on people who want Geno specifically cause they sicken him.

And since then my drive to fight against all odds for Geno has increased tenfold. In a way, I should really thank that loser.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I empathize so hard on this. I've lost so many friends because of stupid ideological divergence.

Though that stuff has no basis here in any sociopolitical lens, it certainly affects how I perceive the Geno situation.

For instance theres a very toxic commentor usually on Papagenos and Billybo videos, and he goes to every comment that says they want such and such character and essentially says stop wishing for things, because Nintendo doesnt care about such and such fan requests and he talks like a know it all scum.

Normally I wouldn't give that sort of stupidity the time of day, but it constantly irked me.
I am a generally passive person, but I've been burned one too many times as my girlfriend puts it.

I stood up to him, told him who was he to **** on other peoples dreams and speculation.

And he said to me subsequently he would be sure to go extra hard on people who want Geno specifically cause they sicken him.

And since then my drive to fight against all odds for Geno has increased tenfold. In a way, I should really thank that loser.
People are like that on Youtube all the time. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that anyone takes Youtube comments seriously nowadays. I kinda thought, like... the internet almost unanimously decided that Youtube comment sections are utter trash holes? What happened?

Maybe it's just my perception because I'm a cranky ol' coot, but mmmm.

Firox

Smash Master
So many people are lost and uninformed because they have a side to take or they just accept what they hear or see on the first go without thinking critically about it or doing their own research. At first I let it go, but eventually I got into debating about it and over the course of a couple years I've lost a number of friends merely because they cannot see through their own tribalism and I grew to more and more refuse to let an issue go when they were flat out actually incorrect.
I appreciate your candor, and I have to say, I can definitely relate to how you feel. There are a lot of people that take things at face value or fixate themselves in a belief that is fundamentally wrong. My only word of caution is that as you strive down the path of enlightenment, that you also strive not to become as stubborn or as blinded as those you're trying to convince. The key to any coherent argument is evidence. Own your position, but if someone has sound evidence or logic against it, don't let pride keep you from accepting the truth. I've seen too many people try to argue a point with their emotions, using circular reasoning and refusing to even try to see the other point of view. Debating in this fashion is totally pointless and only serves to offend others, distancing them even further from seeing their flaws. Not saying that you fall into this sort of category per se, but if you've lost friends through debate, it could be that you might need to improve your delivery. One of my favorite quotes/mantras was by Alexander Pope: "Men must be taught as if you taught them not, and things proposed as things forgot." In other words, the only way to truly help someone understand something is to use their own logic to come to the same conclusion. Sometimes we can feel passionate about something, but if we come out swinging, then it will only turn people off and shut their ears to us. Sorry for the philosophical plug, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

After reading about your ideological epiphany, it reminded me of something I noticed growing up. I realized that there are several "great epiphanies" (or so I call them) that everyone seems to go through. The first seems to happen around ages 8-12. That's usually about the age kids start to become "self aware". They start to look deeper into understanding the world around them from a practical standpoint, but of course not too deep. They start forming their own opinions but tend to stay very much a product of their surroundings. The next epiphany happens around 17-18. That's when kids graduate from high school and realize that they might, just might, NOT know everything. The world is even bigger and scarier than they thought with bills, and car payments, and work, and college. It's at this point that most have to decide the course of the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, the frontal lobe of the human brain (the part in charge of judgment and inhibition) doesn't finish developing until the mid-twenties, so it's understandable that many hit a pitfall or two at this stage. The next epiphany hits after that pesky frontal lobe kicks in, hopefully correcting the naivety of the previous stage. The downside is that by this point, people start to solidify in their beliefs for better or worse. The older they get, the harder they are to change or correct. The important takeaway from my rambling is that while we shouldn't be gullible as we learn new things, we should always keep an open mind to the fact that we could be wrong in our conclusions as well.

lol I have no idea why I wrote this book. Must be a slow day. Hope you found some of it interesting. XD

PS: Whatchoo talkin' bout, Ovaltine? "Old coot"? Didn't you say once that you were 27 or something? How is that old???

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I wish I had more interest in Square Enix games. Outside of Geno and maybe Sora/2B/Chrono no other SE character would make me the slightest bit interested. Erdrick would just feel like a promotional pick to me to get the west finally interested in Dragon Quest since no other attempts have worked so far. Several Dragon Quest games coming out in the west during this smash DLC cycle kinda consolidates the fact for me. Smash seems like a sure fire way to get people interested in your brand.
Try the Final Fantasy games. I played the first one on the NES and it was pretty basic and fun, and I played Final Fantasy 7 on my Switch and enjoyed every bit of it; I also got FF7 on my Xbox to play it again, I mean, it's that much fun. I'm thinking about getting NieR: Automata on my Xbox, but I have no plans on playing any Kingdom Hearts games, unless a friend of mine gives them to me for free or to try out. I will be getting the FF7 remake once it comes out for Xbox!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Freaking this. WE. JUST. DON'T. KNOW.

Anyway, I'm going to leave this thread's paranoia pity party until E3 blows over, later blokes.
Not gonna lie this is the mood of the evening for me.

Is it that Thunder Productions guy out of curiosity? Dude literally lives in Laxchris’s comment section just to be a jerk to those that disagree with him. God forbid if you want Rayman or he’ll pelt you with “t r u t h” bombs about him being a spirit so give up. Had a few encounters with him myself.

Firox

Smash Master
Is it that Thunder Productions guy out of curiosity? Dude literally lives in Laxchris’s comment section just to be a jerk to those that disagree with him. God forbid if you want Rayman or he’ll pelt you with “t r u t h” bombs about him being a spirit so give up. Had a few encounters with him myself.
You know you've hit "legendary troll" status when multiple people across several different forums share tales of your ass-holery.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
PS: Whatchoo talkin' bout, Ovaltine? "Old coot"? Didn't you say once that you were 27 or something? How is that old???
Ahaha, yeah, I'm 27, but I guess I've become so fed up with these darned kids these days that I feel more like I'm way older. Plus my memory is terrible, which definitely doesn't help, and it only gets worse over the years.

... Now which one of you children stole my nitroglycerin pills?!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do not respond to those who are spam/trolling. Let the moderation take care of them. Please note we have procedures on how to do things, so just keep reporting if they keep it up, please. :)

Also, please don't talk about the user, as it is basically off-topic(as nobody likes being talked about behind their back). Literally it's easier on us if you ignore and report. Then, if they do start adding constructive content, feel free to respond meaningfully. Also probably should go without saying, but people with negative opinions, even in a support thread, are not trolls inherently. One of the most active users here lately was clearly expressing an opinion in a respectful manner, and despite the flawed logic, was completely reasonable in how they were doing so. So please be careful when you look for who could be trolling. Bad arguments aren't trolling after all. They're just bad arguments.

Thank you for your time.

D

Deleted member

Ahaha, yeah, I'm 27, but I guess I've become so fed up with these darned kids these days that I feel more like I'm way older. Plus my memory is terrible, which definitely doesn't help, and it only gets worse over the years.

I did. I'll give them back to you though.

SmashHype64

Smash Rookie
923 pages strong, pumpkin. I find it hilarious that you created an account just to troll, but don't worry. We'll keep this puppy going just for you...
No, i created this account because i was bored from Gamefaqs after CC2 left
anyway how is using a pun a "troll attempt"?

Report and ignore the troll. It's an account that was made today lmao
i'm not a troll, i just used an ol' pun and my post got flagged for it out of all social media that i visited (twitter,facebook,gamefaqs and discord) , this one is the most sensitive one

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No, i created this account because i was bored from Gamefaqs after CC2 left
anyway how is using a pun a "troll attempt"?
You seem to be very young, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. First of all, welcome to the forums! Secondly, the pun in question was a denouncing of the character we support. That's often going to be equated with trolling, especially since your account is new and this is the first thing you've done with it.

Keep in mind that this place is not like GameFAQs. The behavior that is acceptable there isn't the same as what is acceptable here. Be sure to check out the terms and rules page at the footer of the site! :drflip:

SmashHype64

Smash Rookie
You seem to be very young, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. First of all, welcome to the forums! Secondly, the pun in question was a denouncing of the character we support. That's often going to be equated with trolling, especially since your account is new and this is the first thing you've done with it.

Keep in mind that this place is not like GameFAQs. The behavior that is acceptable there isn't the same as what is acceptable here. Be sure to check out the terms and rules page at the footer of the site! :drflip:
ok!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A couple things.

Please try to not double post. You can edit your posts.

Also, one word replies are treated as a spam here. Try to add more meaningful content. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
so...should i delete my original post?
Don't worry about it. It's all taken care of. If you would like us to remove it, we're willing to.

If you need more help about the forum rules and such, feel free to shoot me a PM. The moderation is always willing to listen and help new users, and users in general. :)

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
So , to change the debate , I had the weirdest thought ever. I tried my first Touhou game recently , Azure Reflections. I love it , and for some reason... I really wanted Geno and Mallow playable in those games. But , every character is female soooo...

View attachment 214131
Don't lie to me. Those are the best girls.
(I wanted to show another Genoette with a more human look that I love , but I can't find it ,aaaaaaaaaa)
HEY SO LIKE just wanted you to know that I was just casually reading this post, only to scroll down a little and damn near have a heart attack when I saw my own art staring back at me

Fun fact I can tell you yoinked this off my deviantArt because that's the only version of the image where they overlap
Also maybe in future yoinkings could you guys link back to the original art? It's not a huge deal in this case since I'm here and my name is on it but generally it's just polite to credit/link to the artist :)

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
If the fighter pass was confirmed to include a single first party character among the 4 remaining, who would you guess is most likely?

Elma comes to mind for me, the lack of Xenoblade X music and content especially. It would be rad if it were to come with a Switch port of Xenoblade X so I can finally play the game lmao.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The main issue is that Nintendo has left us all out to dry. At least we got Joker's initial reveal when Smash was released. That gave something to look forward to. We could speculate on his moveset and wait for PP to come out so we could get an idea of what to expect from the other DLC. I for one, was hoping that with Joker's release that we would at least have a name to look forward to, but nope. We got zilch. Nothing. Nada. Bupkiss. We get to starve for two months so that they can wow us at E3. I suppose that would be fine to build up the anticipation as long as we get at least one of the following:

A) Full character reveal with gameplay and immediate release date
B) More than one character at least announced
C) Mention of more upcoming game modes

I swear, if they hold out this long only to have Sakurai deadpan the screen and say "We are pleased to give you another Fire Emblem character in August," I'll be so effing done. I mean, I'll buy any cool characters that end up as DLC, but my hype levels will have completely died out. We can't even speculate in the fun way if there's nothing tactile to talk about.
While i do think they should have revealed another character or something, I think it’s clear that they are saving for something big at E3 Smash announcement wise. Im also pretty damn happy with how much 3.0 added into the game, so I’m also a lot more inclined to be willing to wait. I think Nintendo expected us to wait as well given that content. I don’t think we constantly need to be fed information about Smash at this point with DLC Fighters. Each one will act as a mini-event of its own, so I’d prefer to see them when they’re ready and can make maximum impact. Also, the good news is that we’re very likely to get Home Run Contest with the next character haha.

Also, ForsakenM ForsakenM i don’t think I ever had that quote about Ryu Hayabusa. Someone else brought up the specific quote and was talking with you more specially about what it said... anyone else in here got a link to it?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
People are like that on Youtube all the time. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that anyone takes Youtube comments seriously nowadays. I kinda thought, like... the internet almost unanimously decided that Youtube comment sections are utter trash holes? What happened?

Maybe it's just my perception because I'm a cranky ol' coot, but mmmm.
Nah, pretty sure that's still the common perception of YouTube comments. If it isn't, then it should be, because it's accurate.

I thought they were candy, sorry.
If the fighter pass was confirmed to include a single first party character among the 4 remaining, who would you guess is most likely?

Elma comes to mind for me, the lack of Xenoblade X music and content especially. It would be rad if it were to come with a Switch port of Xenoblade X so I can finally play the game lmao.
Bandanna Dee. Because he would definitely sell.

Edit: ForsakenM ForsakenM I'm the guy you're looking for. The link for the interview is this: https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/ (it's in French), and my explanation is post 35,500 on this thread. I recall giving a more in-depth one at some point (maybe in this very thread or in the Ryu H. thread), but this should suffice.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Ninten or Claus based around some abnormalities I’ve found. Please Sakurai.

Elma would be pretty cool though and I think she’s got a decent shot as well.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

Byleth from FE: Three Houses, no doubt. Fire Emblem always worms its way in.

I'm fun at parties.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Elma comes to mind for most likely... but my heart just screams for Dixie Kong. :drsad:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Elma comes to mind for most likely... but my heart just screams for Dixie Kong. :drsad:
both were actually high up my most wanted list.

between the two, I probably would go for Elma, just because the DK series did atleast already get a new rep with K Rool.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
HEY SO LIKE just wanted you to know that I was just casually reading this post, only to scroll down a little and damn near have a heart attack when I saw my own art staring back at me

Fun fact I can tell you yoinked this off my deviantArt because that's the only version of the image where they overlap
Also maybe in future yoinkings could you guys link back to the original art? It's not a huge deal in this case since I'm here and my name is on it but generally it's just polite to credit/link to the artist :)
I'm a dummy ! I even looked back at the art and saw "Zippyskipy" below Genoette cape , and I was like "Wait , do I know this dude/ette?".

I'll correct this mistake ASAP.
Fixed , I'll also add a link to your DA account here : https://www.deviantart.com/zippyskipy

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
What are everyone's favorite enemies in SMRPG?
I personally thought the axem rangers were pretty fun.

Also, if Geno got in and ended up with his own stage, what would it be? I think it would be badass to fight on the chandeliers in Bowser's keep with that gnarly boss music in the background.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I personally thought the axem rangers were pretty fun.

Also, if Geno got in and ended up with his own stage, what would it be? I think it would be badass to fight on the chandeliers in Bowser's keep with that gnarly boss music in the background.
Vista Hill.
We need a darker Mario stage.

Seriously , the Mario RPGs are where the darkest part of the Marioverse are , and what stage represent them ?
A sticker star stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom