• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Bowser runs a toy manufacturing business on the side. I mean, Bowser has all those mecha-koopa's, maybe he figured he would be good at making non explody toys.
So maybe it's not the Bowser dolls that are illegal, but the Mario and Peach ones. Ahhhh....

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
the other Real question here is: Where the hell is the Luigi doll and how many kids painted there mario dolls?
What if there are Luigi dolls, but all the kids wanted Mario, so they painted the Luigi dolls. No one wants the discount toy.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Dunno where Luigi is, but there's a Samus doll. I could never tell what those other toys in the box were...
clearly this was a cryptic hint that not only will geno be in smash, but he will be in the same game as a new metroid Newcomer IT ALL MAKES SENSE

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I agree with his point, but my main problem is being on a thread run by someone who so adamantly despises my number 1 character. It's awkward. Does not help my avatar is Geno, so it's plain to see on the thread, making things even more awkward. I do have to say, what made him dislike Geno so much? It not like he was around during the aftermath of Brawl, as his account goes to 2014. I would be curious to hear why he dislikes Geno, but the Skull Kid thread is not that place.
Dude, I only just now realized after you said that that your avatar was Geno, lol. That is super stylized!

But yeah, I get this, to a point. My avatar is also Geno. And that certainly was a hate spiel...but not much you can do aside from not singing Geno's praises in that thread. Which wouldn't make sense anyway. At least our thread is nice and open.:)

Sorry to dredge this back up, btw. I only just caught up, lol.

Damn I've never thought of that. What is Geno's hair?
I never, ever thought of the red things as hair...That's an interesting interpretation. I just thought they were hat decorations.

And for the record, pretty sure they're made of ribbon.

Gaz did kinda play rough with her toys. I wonder what the manufactured Geno doll looked like in Mint condition.
Wait...Gaz was a girl?! Mind blown...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude, I only just now realized after you said that that your avatar was Geno, lol. That is super stylized!

But yeah, I get this, to a point. My avatar is also Geno. And that certainly was a hate spiel...but not much you can do aside from not singing Geno's praises in that thread. Which wouldn't make sense anyway. At least our thread is nice and open.:)

Sorry to dredge this back up, btw. I only just caught up, lol.

I never, ever thought of the red things as hair...That's an interesting interpretation. I just thought they were hat decorations.

And for the record, pretty sure they're made of ribbon.

Wait...Gaz was a girl?! Mind blown...
Mario wiki says Gaz is a boy

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
I believe most of the renders are recratons off Magazines and Japanese strategy guides, Mario RPG had a surprising amount of Merch and stuff pushed for it really

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, the Issac thread got to number one in replies not to long ago! It's super cool to see Issac come so far from seemingly nothing. Though we can say the same, we got the costume and Sakurai's reveal to help motivate us. Issac had much less, and little of it was as concrete, but they still reached the top. Hopefully we can reach 100% official 2nd place soon enough.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Btw, the Issac thread got to number one in replies not to long ago! It's super cool to see Issac come so far from seemingly nothing. Though we can say the same, we got the costume and Sakurai's reveal to help motivate us. Issac had much less, and little of it was as concrete, but they still reached the top. Hopefully we can reach 100% official 2nd place soon enough.
It helps that Sakurai tweeted that image.

Now Sakurai needs to tweet some Mario RPG reference or a marionette or something

That'll get people in here.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The good news is we're already beating the Smash 4 thread by quite a bit for how long it was before Smash 4 was released. And we're almost to the point of beating it counting the DLC speculation section of it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
we're gonna get this to #2.
Only around 3,000 and half replies to go.
I do have to say, I am proud of all the Ashley fans in that thread. Unlike some other disconfirmed threads, they don't explode into anger or lay down and perish. They are still going, playing the long game like there Ridley and K.Rool forefathers. I may not be that active on that thread anymore, but I will be there in a heartbeat when Ashley can rise again.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Only around 3,000 and half replies to go.
I do have to say, I am proud of all the Ashley fans in that thread. Unlike some other disconfirmed threads, they don't explode into anger or lay down and perish. They are still going, playing the long game like there Ridley and K.Rool forefathers. I may not be that active on that thread anymore, but I will be there in a heartbeat when Ashley can rise again.
It's a long game to play.

I mean, at the very least, there's mods for Geno, which I don't think would have ever happened had it not been for the overwhelming support.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Do Find it funny how Geno mods once/are built off ROB, The character that was seen as "taking a lot away from Ridley/mega man/Geno whatever

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
we are.

We'll get higher.

Real talk: has anyone ever put up a petition for an SMRPG remake? even if it was inferior... It'd get buzz around quickly.
Considering Mario and Luigi (the dedicated "RPG Mario" now) got 2 remakes, I'd say that a Mario RPG remake isn't out of the question entirely, but I'd expect Geno to get announced in smash first

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Considering Mario and Luigi (the dedicated "RPG Mario" now) got 2 remakes, I'd say that a Mario RPG remake isn't out of the question entirely, but I'd expect Geno to get announced in smash first
Of course, of course.

Honestly, I wonder how much Square's charging to get the rights to the SMRPG characters.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Of course, of course.

Honestly, I wonder how much Square's charging to get the rights to the SMRPG characters.
Considering that they gave over Geno in superstar pretty casually and Nintendo is already promoting there biggest next project AND square has a switch division now, I'd imagine they wouldn't be too strict

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I am glad that they are revisiting those games and seeing what made them so good. The M&L series, while there is no bad game as of yet, has been getting kinda bland. I think AlphaDream is gonna make a great M&L game when they transition to the Switch.

Also, wouldn't be cool if AlphaDream assisted with a SMRPG remake or sequel? If I recall, SMRPG's director works for AD now.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
You know, I am glad that they are revisiting those games and seeing what made them so good. The M&L series, while there is no bad game as of yet, has been getting kinda bland. I think AlphaDream is gonna make a great M&L game when they transition to the Switch.

Also, wouldn't be cool if AlphaDream assisted with a SMRPG remake or sequel? If I recall, SMRPG's director works for AD now.
after Bowser's inside story M&L kinda became a victim of the "Mushroom Kingdom Bible" as i like to call it, it's basically the whole "only use classic enemies and such" thing, it even happened with the remakes (which i feel is the true reason Geno's cameo was removed)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
after Bowser's inside story M&L kinda became a victim of the "Mushroom Kingdom Bible" as i like to call it, it's basically the whole "only use classic enemies and such" thing, it even happened with the remakes (which i feel is the true reason Geno's cameo was removed)
Really? I remember Dream Team having a bunch of new races and so on. I can't speak for anything after that, though--Dream Team was the last M&L game I played.

At least it's not as bad as Paper Mario...the fate of that series still depresses me.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
If Paper Mario is going to stay as it is right now, I hope that Geno possibly being in Smash could resuscitate the old Mario RPG franchise. Mario & Luigi are kinda stuck in their Dream Team style and Paper Mario's last two games are average games but horrible Paper Mario games. So, maybe a Nintendo and Square partnership could bring us something in the style of Octopath Traveler but with Mario, Peach, Bowser, Mallow and Geno?

What? A man can dream!

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

You know, Square was actually giving SMRPG some love a bit back. I think it was after coming off of FFXIII and in the process of FFXIV ARR, they put up an article where they had a ton of their employees completely play through SMRPG, analyze it, and explain what made it good/fun, what it did extremely well, and what they could've done to make it better. It had a very, "let's return to form" kind of feel about it.

I'm actually trying to find that story now, but I can't seem to.

Edit: Well damn, turns out this was an article made by a parody site. what a bummer :/

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, Square was actually giving SMRPG some love a bit back. I think it was after coming off of FFXIII and in the process of FFXIV ARR, they put up an article where they had a ton of their employees completely play through SMRPG, analyze it, and explain what made it good/fun, what it did extremely well, and what they could've done to make it better. It had a very, "let's return to form" kind of feel about it.

I'm actually trying to find that story now, but I can't seem to.
Interested in seeing this

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Second, Ultimate will 90% be the last Smash game with a roster of this size, and possibly the last one made by Sakurai. To that end, it feels like the series' finale, even if there are more Smash games in the future. That makes us feel the need for the characters all the more urgent, as veterans and more mainstream picks would no doubt be the priority in the event of a game with a smaller roster.
Although it begs the question as how true that would be. It really depends on whether we get someone like Harada (more Tekken), or Kumazaki (more Kirby).

Yeah, that's a good point.

Who do you think you are, Bruce Lee?
I get the impression that the guy never actually played Mario games that much or period, given that the Koopa shell was somehow renamed the Nok Nok Shell, for example. Also, some names were clearly rushed (Hinopio comes to mind). On the flipside, he did accidentally introduce Peach's true name to the world.

Mmm, tastes peachy...

It's a shame that this didn't get reprinted in re-releases.

I believe most of the renders are recratons off Magazines and Japanese strategy guides, Mario RPG had a surprising amount of Merch and stuff pushed for it really
To think the US strategy guide only has most of those renders. Would have been nice to see the weapon ones.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Really? I remember Dream Team having a bunch of new races and so on. I can't speak for anything after that, though--Dream Team was the last M&L game I played.

At least it's not as bad as Paper Mario...the fate of that series still depresses me.
yeah it still has some more creative stuff but you can tell with the general plot and characters that something was up really

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hey everyone, I'm from the Skull Kid thread mainly, and I just wanted to apologize for the vitriol we saw last night. Personally I'm indifferent to Geno, but I don't think there's any call for that kind of negativity. Everyone has their wants and the characters they really don't want, but we don't have to get mad about it.

I was a big Ridley supporter during Smash 4 speculation, so I understand the kind of opposition you can face when people think your character doesn't deserve to be in. Luckily we avoided that situation for him this time around, but there's still plenty of characters whose fans have been, and still will be, left out in the cold, and it definitely hurts.

For what it's worth, I believe Geno is getting in this time, and I'll be really happy for you guys if he does. I don't want a double reveal because I think it means neither character gets the spotlight they deserve, but that doesn't mean I hate Geno, and frankly I think most of the people there are open to his inclusion. There's just always opposition to any character.

Happy speculation, and may it pay off for you all!

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Hey everyone, I'm from the Skull Kid thread mainly, and I just wanted to apologize for the vitriol we saw last night. Personally I'm indifferent to Geno, but I don't think there's any call for that kind of negativity. Everyone has their wants and the characters they really don't want, but we don't have to get mad about it.

I was a big Ridley supporter during Smash 4 speculation, so I understand the kind of opposition you can face when people think your character doesn't deserve to be in. Luckily we avoided that situation for him this time around, but there's still plenty of characters whose fans have been, and still will be, left out in the cold, and it definitely hurts.

For what it's worth, I believe Geno is getting in this time, and I'll be really happy for you guys if he does. I don't want a double reveal because I think it means neither character gets the spotlight they deserve, but that doesn't mean I hate Geno, and frankly I think most of the people there are open to his inclusion. There's just always opposition to any character.

Happy speculation, and may it pay off for you all!
For Whats it's worth, no actual Skull Kid reveal trailer double or not will be as overshadowed as hard as the Bowser Jr trailer showing Mewtwo DLC lol

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
For Whats it's worth, no actual Skull Kid reveal trailer double or not will be as overshadowed as hard as the Bowser Jr trailer showing Mewtwo DLC lol
It doesn't help that everyone already knew Bowser Jr. was in. :rolleyes: I'm glad we're getting every reveal before launch this time.

domriver

Smash Lord
It helps that Sakurai tweeted that image.

Now Sakurai needs to tweet some Mario RPG reference or a marionette or something

That'll get people in here.
lol the flood gates will open up.

What we really is Loz18 "Leaking" *cough* Specualtinng *Cough*, that will probably get a few people here too
Have some cough syrup to help you with that. :troll: LOL

It doesn't help that everyone already knew Bowser Jr. was in. :rolleyes: I'm glad we're getting every reveal before launch this time.

QFT. I do enjoy this better than bein finding out by a leaker. Sakurai is ahead of the leakers! jejej - That company that rates game. ESRB they have to get the game 1 month ahead of time to review it in its entirety or what? Anyone know? Knowing that we may be able to pin point when Sakurai might reveal everything.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
lol the flood gates will open up.

Have some cough syrup to help you with that. :troll: LOL

QFT. I do enjoy this better than bein finding out by a leaker. Sakurai is ahead of the leakers! jejej - That company that rates game. ESRB they have to get the game 1 month ahead of time to review it in its entirety or what? Anyone know? Knowing that we may be able to pin point when Sakurai might reveal everything.
I Think lots of People are betting on some Autum Direct on September, Autum does sound like the perfect time to reveal 2 wooden characters lol... oh and isabelle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom