• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah I almost forgot I had a dream last night of Geno and some other character being revealed together. Here's a weird thing about that when I dream about reveals they never even interact there's no build up there's just a dark background and the characters appear from nothingness and strike a pose last time it was Geno, Skull kid and Decidueye (This was sometime in September).

Now fast forward to today it was Geno and some other character I forgot it might've been Duster, Isaac or Banjo one of those three definitely I just forgot whom.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
If you play as Darth Vader on Mushroomy Kingdom, he breaks down in rage due to the vast amounts of sand.

D

Deleted member

If you play as Darth Vader on Mushroomy Kingdom, he breaks down in rage due to the vast amounts of sand.
Darth Vader should just defect to the other team in a Squad Strike match like he did with the Jedi.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am going to be completely honest, one of the big reasons I would be totally okay with the Black Knight getting into Smash is because he is probably the closest we would ever get to Darth Vader in Smash. That and villains are always a good thing to see, even from a series as over represented as Fire Emblem. The variety is always good.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I am going to be completely honest, one of the big reasons I would be totally okay with the Black Knight getting into Smash is because he is probably the closest we would ever get to Darth Vader in Smash. That and villains are always a good thing to see, even from a series as over represented as Fire Emblem. The variety is always good.
It's just too bad the Black Knight's chances are like a snowball in Tattooine, seeing as Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn got the Pokémon treatment by only picking one character from it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's just too bad the Black Knight's chances are like a snowball in Tattooine, seeing as Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn got the Pokémon treatment by only picking one character from it.
As well as the assist trophy making things even more difficult. I don't know the Tellius games all that well(The only other character from those games I am familiar with is Soren), but he felt like the only other character from those games that currently deserved the spot.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Somehow, being distanced from Smashboards just made me feel even more depressed, so I guess I'll pop back in here to remark about the WoL slots.

Very interesting. 15 seems a more reasonable number than 30, and considering it's for WoL and not character models, I'm guessing that alts don't count in that 15. It's very nice. Hopefully Nintendo allows Sakurai to make some picks, in which case we might still get our boy, but man...

My hopes are just dwindling again. It's kinda sad, but I feel like I've just given up hope, this time permanently. Hang in there, y'all. I'll keep rooting for my boy, but sorry in advance for being particularly pessimistic about his chances now.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Somehow, being distanced from Smashboards just made me feel even more depressed, so I guess I'll pop back in here to remark about the WoL slots.

Very interesting. 15 seems a more reasonable number than 30, and considering it's for WoL and not character models, I'm guessing that alts don't count in that 15. It's very nice. Hopefully Nintendo allows Sakurai to make some picks, in which case we might still get our boy, but man...

My hopes are just dwindling again. It's kinda sad, but I feel like I've just given up hope, this time permanently. Hang in there, y'all. I'll keep rooting for my boy, but sorry in advance for being particularly pessimistic about his chances now.
Welcome back Ovaltine. We missed you. <3

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Welcome back Ovaltine. We missed you. <3
Missed you guys, too. <3

Anyway, I'm personally reexamining Geno in Smash, at the very least, and I'm hoping someone makes a good mod for him. How is the modding community going so far with Ultimate? Since my hopes are in the gutter, I'm sincerely hoping someone makes a sick Geno mod. On top of that, also hoping there's a good way to use Ultimate mods in the future without getting your system online-banned.

(Sorry, Nintendo, but if you won't put him in, we'll just do it ourselves, thanks.)

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Mallow's spirit (as the only non Cloud SE spirit other than Geno) and the couple of Mario RPG references from Piranha Plant are two large flags for me. I've really got a gut feeling Geno will either be in the Fighter Pass, or as a standalone DLC like PP, separate from the pass.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Yeah honestly, I'm super ok if they kept expanding the Ultimate Game! Because if a sequel would come out, a lot of 3rd party characters may be omitted.
I think there will be two more Smash games after Ultimate and then that's it, it's over. Fans are going to keep asking for more Smash games after Ultimate, but you know that saying of "All good things must come to an end." I'd even be fine if Ultimate was the final game. Call me crazy, but before Sakurai retires, I think he'll make one final Smash game where:

• Every veteran will return once again.
    • Assuming there will be one Smash game after Ultimate and a lot of characters are probably going to be cut from the game, and they'll be wanted again, and how awesome would it be if the cut characters made a return again after many years?
    • The negotiations for the third-parties are going to be hell, I know, but after the previous Smash game Sakurai knows this would be such an amazing way to surprise the **** out of your fans, make them happy, and a great way to end the best gaming crossover series.
    • There will be newcomers, but a majority of them will probably be first-party.
  • Make an amazing story mode that'll surpass Melee's adventure mode, Subspace Emissary, and World of Light.
    • Enemies in this story should have the polygons from Smash 64, casual Nintendo enemies from Melee's adventure mode, enemies from Subspace, have worlds that play similarly like Subspace Emissary, and the map select will work like World of Light's.
    • More and extended cutscenes, compared to World of Light.
  • Include EVERY past and cut music track.
  • Include EVERY past stage
    • Yes, that even includes all past Battlefields, FD's, the Metal Mario stage, the trophy stages from Melee, and even that one unused stage from the Smash 64 opening (I'm surprised this one has never been a playable stage).
  • Bring back trophies and stickers.
    • Lottery or the Coin Launcher should make a return, I'll take either one or both of them.
  • Bring back all previous items and include new items.
  • Bring back events.
  • Bring back all the old game modes.
    • Race to the Finish, Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, Multi-Man, Boss-Battle Mode; all of it should return.
  • Wireless N64 and GameCube controllers are to be made compatible for this Smash game to honor Nintendo and the first two Smash games on the N64 and GCN.
  • HAL Laboratory returns for development.
  • New game modes.
  • A classic mode that derives a little bit from Smash 64 & Melee's classic mode.
    • The Metal Mario fight returns.
  • Challenges come back, and the challenges screen is similar to Brawl's.
  • Game mechanics work like Ultimate's.
  • And of course, the game includes new and fun content for the fans.
This game will make Smash Ultimate look like a filler, a fake final boss, a small fry... you name it.

We could also get one more trilogy after Ultimate. Smash Ultimate is technically Smash 6, Smash 3DS is Smash 4 and Smash Wii U is Smash 5, so put Ultimate as if it's the final one in the second trilogy, which means there could be three more games left. The one after Smash Ultimate is Smash 7, then maybe a remake of Melee or Brawl would be nice, which would be Smash "8", and then Smash 9 will be the one I mentioned up above, the finale.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I struggle to even fathom how they could top Smash Ultimate without spending well over a decade of working on it. But I guess I thought at the time Brawl was by far the best game of all time, little did I know what Sakurai would have in store for me. :4megaman::4duckhunt::4cloud::ultkrool::ultridley: (geno ;))

D

Deleted member

Missed you guys, too. <3

Anyway, I'm personally reexamining Geno in Smash, at the very least, and I'm hoping someone makes a good mod for him. How is the modding community going so far with Ultimate? Since my hopes are in the gutter, I'm sincerely hoping someone makes a sick Geno mod. On top of that, also hoping there's a good way to use Ultimate mods in the future without getting your system online-banned.

(Sorry, Nintendo, but if you won't put him in, we'll just do it ourselves, thanks.)
There isn't any moveset modes yet. We just have model swaps and playable bosses right now

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Anyone who thinks a cash cow like Smash will stop having games made, even with Sakurai retiring, is delusional.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Oh my goodness it feels soooo good being on spring break
I miss having spring breaks.

Thank you for returning. We missed you. When you were gone, it felt like we were missing a star piece. :(

15 is much more reasonable than 30, but let's try not to get our hopes up just yet. Let's see if Joker takes up only one spot or multiple, because if it's one, we have our answer of only having 14 DLC characters left. Nintendo picking five and Sakurai picking ten is fair.

D

Deleted member

It's good to have you return to the thread, Oval :) And we will hang in there :D

bomamba

Smash Cadet

THE RETURN. Also, remember that he does have a chance. It might not be big, it might not be likely, but it’s there. Just believe.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So, what's everyone hoping to see in version 3.0? I'm hoping to see:

• Returning game modes
  • New spirits
  • Trophies return (unlikely)
  • Stage Builder
  • Returning items, maybe like the Cracker Launcher returning
  • Returning assist trophies from Brawl
  • Hopefully some new or cut music tracks because I really want the old Main Menu and Battlefield theme from the E3 demo; the finalized Main Menu and Battlefield themes feel and sound like they were dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing. Hopefully we get this main menu theme soon, down here.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I think there will be two more Smash games after Ultimate and then that's it, it's over. Fans are going to keep asking for more Smash games after Ultimate, but you know that saying of "All good things must come to an end." I'd even be fine if Ultimate was the final game. Call me crazy, but before Sakurai retires, I think he'll make one final Smash game where:

• Every veteran will return once again.
    • Assuming there will be one Smash game after Ultimate and a lot of characters are probably going to be cut from the game, and they'll be wanted again, and how awesome would it be if the cut characters made a return again after many years?
    • The negotiations for the third-parties are going to be hell, I know, but after the previous Smash game Sakurai knows this would be such an amazing way to surprise the **** out of your fans, make them happy, and a great way to end the best gaming crossover series.
    • There will be newcomers, but a majority of them will probably be first-party.
  • Make an amazing story mode that'll surpass Melee's adventure mode, Subspace Emissary, and World of Light.
    • Enemies in this story should have the polygons from Smash 64, casual Nintendo enemies from Melee's adventure mode, enemies from Subspace, have worlds that play similarly like Subspace Emissary, and the map select will work like World of Light's.
    • More and extended cutscenes, compared to World of Light.
  • Include EVERY past and cut music track.
  • Include EVERY past stage
    • Yes, that even includes all past Battlefields, FD's, the Metal Mario stage, the trophy stages from Melee, and even that one unused stage from the Smash 64 opening (I'm surprised this one has never been a playable stage).
  • Bring back trophies and stickers.
    • Lottery or the Coin Launcher should make a return, I'll take either one or both of them.
  • Bring back all previous items and include new items.
  • Bring back events.
  • Bring back all the old game modes.
    • Race to the Finish, Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, Multi-Man, Boss-Battle Mode; all of it should return.
  • Wireless N64 and GameCube controllers are to be made compatible for this Smash game to honor Nintendo and the first two Smash games on the N64 and GCN.
  • HAL Laboratory returns for development.
  • New game modes.
  • A classic mode that derives a little bit from Smash 64 & Melee's classic mode.
    • The Metal Mario fight returns.
  • Challenges come back, and the challenges screen is similar to Brawl's.
  • Game mechanics work like Ultimate's.
  • And of course, the game includes new and fun content for the fans.
This game will make Smash Ultimate look like a filler, a fake final boss, a small fry... you name it.

We could also get one more trilogy after Ultimate. Smash Ultimate is technically Smash 6, Smash 3DS is Smash 4 and Smash Wii U is Smash 5, so put Ultimate as if it's the final one in the second trilogy, which means there could be three more games left. The one after Smash Ultimate is Smash 7, then maybe a remake of Melee or Brawl would be nice, which would be Smash "8", and then Smash 9 will be the one I mentioned up above, the finale.
I agree with all of what you wrote (although I am not as confident they'll stop making smash games). However, what might HAL Labortories bring to the table? I'm not sure their participation is necessary beyond just a nostalgic reason.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I agree with all of what you wrote (although I am not as confident they'll stop making smash games). However, what might HAL Labortories bring to the table? I'm not sure their participation is necessary beyond just a nostalgic reason.
I put them on because they helped develop the first three Smash games, and wouldn't it be cool if they also took part in the final Smash game made by Sakurai, the man who started it all? I was pretty sad when I found out they weren't returning for Smash 3DS/Wii U, so I hope they do return. HAL always brings something special to the table. Besides them bringing back some really fun stuff that involved the first three games, who doesn't want to see their "dog in a nest with the eggs" logo appear in the opening? I love that logo! It's sooooo cute. <3

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I put them on because they helped develop the first three Smash games, and wouldn't it be cool if they also took part in the final Smash game made by Sakurai, the man who started it all? I was pretty sad when I found out they weren't returning for Smash 3DS/Wii U, so I hope they do return. HAL always brings something special to the table. Besides them bringing back some really fun stuff that involved the first three games, who doesn't want to see their "dog in a nest with the eggs" logo appear in the opening? I love that logo! It's sooooo cute. <3

True, that logo is forever seared into my brain. Just seeing it now brought the biggest smile to my face. Haha

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Anyone who thinks a cash cow like Smash will stop having games made, even with Sakurai retiring, is delusional.
Which is why I won't be getting it anymore if Sakurai isn't directing it. Sakurai is the man who started it all, and in my eyes it would feel different for buying a Smash game without him. It feels the same with Bungie never making a Halo game ever again. After Halo Reach, their last masterpiece, Halo hasn't been the same without Bungie; undoubtedly, I'll feel the same if Sakurai retires and Nintendo makes a Smash game without him.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So recently me and sis went to the OVMF concert for Mario Kart at Montreal, and we each got free CDs of the previous concert that we sadly missed out on, the SNES one.

Guess which was one of the games covered. Go on, take a guess.

That's right; our very own SMRPG!

Missed you guys, too. <3

So far, there's been mods, but for turning characters into other ones. PP into Chain Chomp, and King K. Rool into...Peter Griffin. Just why. Why would anyone even do that.

Which is why I won't be getting it anymore if Sakurai isn't directing it. Sakurai is the man who started it all, and in my eyes it would feel different for buying a Smash game without him. It feels the same with Bungie never making a Halo game ever again. After Halo Reach, their last masterpiece, Halo hasn't been the same without Bungie; undoubtedly, I'll feel the same if Sakurai retires and Nintendo makes a Smash game without him.
Even if his replacement actually puts in Kirby newcomers?

Also, HAL is pretty much stuck in its comfort zone of Kirby/Qbby nowadays, so I'm not expecting that to change.

I struggle to even fathom how they could top Smash Ultimate without spending well over a decade of working on it. But I guess I thought at the time Brawl was by far the best game of all time, little did I know what Sakurai would have in store for me. :4megaman::4duckhunt::4cloud::ultkrool::ultridley: (geno ;))
That wouldn't actually hurt, seeing as Ultimate shouldn't have come out so soon by most accounts.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm kinda disappointed Break the Targets hasn't come back yet despite being in Smash from the very beginning. I'm hoping they bring it back before they stop updating it all together.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm kinda disappointed Break the Targets hasn't come back yet despite being in Smash from the very beginning. I'm hoping they bring it back before they stop updating it all together.
Just pray that they don't run out of steam after next February, at least Stage Builder and Home Run Contest seem like they'll be out of the way soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm feeling very pessimistic about Geno's chances today. Square doesn't really care about Geno at all and if they see an easy way to get money they'll do it, Porting the Geno Mii costume is as such. NoJ likely doesn't care about Geno either so the only one who really cares is Sakurai and he's not choosing the DLC.

I dunno I just feel very pessimistic today, My hope for Geno is kind of running out of steam.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm feeling very pessimistic about Geno's chances today. Square doesn't really care about Geno at all and if they see an easy way to get money they'll do it, Porting the Geno Mii costume is as such. NoJ likely doesn't care about Geno either so the only one who really cares is Sakurai and he's not choosing the DLC.

I dunno I just feel very pessimistic today, My hope for Geno is kind of running out of steam.
lmao the mii costume. Honestly, I don't even think Square is kind enough to give us that back. I think the downgrade to a simple PNG is all we're getting unless Sakurai can choose some extra fighters down the line.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Even if Sakurai personally appoints his successor? I respect his criteria enough to keep going along for the ride with whoever he seems worthy of Smash.

Then again, it's not like I agree with every decision Sakurai makes, so I feel like a fresh outlook could be better.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if Sakurai personally appoints his successor? I respect his criteria enough to keep going along for the ride with whoever he seems worthy of Smash.

Then again, it's not like I agree with every decision Sakurai makes, so I feel like a fresh outlook could be better.
It would be nice to know who it would be. Koizumi? Kumazaki? Or for some crazy reason, Harada? Unless it's some Kimishima/Furukawa-tier literally who.

Unless Sakurai backs down on insisting the next Kid Icarus (if any) doesn't need him, I don't think he'd do anything besides retire. Then again he's still relatively young by Japanese standards.

Or maybe then he'll just finally say what he was using that Vifam rifle for...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom