• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So wait, doesn't this mean we have 3 bunny lines in Pokemon now? We could totally make full bunny teams now.
Scorbunny, Lopunny, Bunnelby (Diggersby is garbage, screw him), Wigglytuff, Pyukumuku (sea bunny), and Nidoking (poison bunny).

Bring it on.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Then what does that make Nidoqueen?
I always thought it was some kind of massive bunny too lmao. I guess I was way off.

Crap, I need a sixth bunny then.

EDIT: AW HECK, AZUMARILL. THERE YOU GO.

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Nidoking and Nidoqueen are some of the strangest combinations of animals in all of Pokemon.

They start out as clearly rodent-based, then gain bigger mammal characteristics, then ultimately become some weird reptilian-primate-rhinoceri-kaiju monstrosities. Not complaining, mind you, but it's best not to think about them too much.

Pokemaster73

Smash Cadet
Do any of you guys have any Super Mario RPG merch? I was trying to find some sort of t-shirt to rep my favorite game but can't really find anything that I like.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
my first game was a hand-me-down from my brother. t’was platinum. it had infernape on it. i’ve stuck to fire type starters since then and this time will be no different. super cute and as for typing i hope it’s fire/ghost purely out of bias but fire/electric would be amazing as well. perhaps even fire/ice? i think it’d be really cool. no pun intended.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
D0bI01YW0AAbS_S.jpg

I'm really happy the UK rumors wound up being true. This is honestly my favorite time of Pokemon speculation, when the starters and maybe a handful of Pokemon are shown off so people's imaginations run wild. It was kind of ruined last time because the final evolutions were leaked so early so hopefully that doesn't happen again. I've also noticed that since 5th gen they usually have one super masculine starter final evolution and one super feminine one so I'm curious what direction they'll go with that in the end.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So the did say Gyms were back, and I can't dog on them: they took away gyms for something else, and people whined despite not wanting Gyms.

SO GUESS WHAT?! YOU GET YOUR STUPID FORMULA BACK!
Truly like how true Japanese culture goes: something new isn't done right or people don't like it, go back to the tried and true.

Aaaaand now I can't unsee this.
View attachment 194964
Sugar, spice and everything nice. Apart from personalities being swapped, it's almost accurate.

View attachment 194953

I'm really happy the UK rumors wound up being true. This is honestly my favorite time of Pokemon speculation, when the starters and maybe a handful of Pokemon are shown off so people's imaginations run wild. It was kind of ruined last time because the final evolutions were leaked so early so hopefully that doesn't happen again. I've also noticed that since 5th gen they usually have one super masculine starter final evolution and one super feminine one so I'm curious what direction they'll go with that in the end.
What if the rabbit is the girl?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Part of me wants to revisit my old fakemon I made in the Black and White era. My starters were a grass velociraptor, fire/ghost tiger, and a water type crane. Man had it really been like 8 years...?

Sweet! I'll be busy most of the day today, but I'll get my Switch code to you when I'm back home!
Oh cool! I don’t have my Switch at the moment but thanks!

Aaaaand now I can't unsee this.
View attachment 194964
Thanks I hate it.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Oh thanks! Well i didn't do the art myself, but I did edit into the banner. The artist made a wallpaper of all of the characters together but he also has individual character wallpapers, which is what i used to make my banner, but yeah i don't take credit for the art whatsoever :) Here is his gallery:
https://www.deviantart.com/nin-mario64/gallery/ Oh and he just made Joker, sweet!
Ah, yes. I love his Phoenix Wright one he made (the last one before Joker go figure).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
View attachment 194953

I honestly want them to be leaked. I need to know now if Scorbunny is going to become Fire/Fighting or not. It is a legit concern for me.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I honestly want them to be leaked. I need to know now if Scorbunny is going to become Fire/Fighting or not. It is a legit concern for me.
Everyone is hoping that Delphox ended the Fire/Fighting tradition set by Blaziken. Incineroar was Fire/Dark and prevented yet another Fire/Fighting, so there is a strong chance Scorbunny will turn out to be something unique.

Personally, nothing will top Decidueye's Grass/Ghost for me, but I have hopes.

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Do any of you guys have any Super Mario RPG merch? I was trying to find some sort of t-shirt to rep my favorite game but can't really find anything that I like.
I recently got the Yetee AGDQ one, but aside from that, it's almost impossible getting official merchandise.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
SOBBLE SQUAD LETS GO

Nice to see the region be based off of mine for once, haha! At a glance it looks very linear tho.

Kelpies are a favourite monster of mine, a water/ghost would be slick af

Starters are meh, hate Scorbunny's name but hopefully it gets called Hopañero more, Grookey's final evolution better be Growrilla.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
So my friends just said that the new region is actually based off of Poland and not England. Correct me if their wrong but I thought that was interesting,(sorry if that was already figured out) Cool either way!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So my friends just said that the new region is actually based off of Poland and not England. Correct me if their wrong but I thought that was interesting,(sorry if that was already figured out) Cool either way!
idk it seems highly UK-like and now there seems to be a nod to UK's folklore based on a monument of a giant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SOBBLE SQUAD LETS GO

Nice to see the region be based off of mine for once, haha! At a glance it looks very linear tho.

Kelpies are a favourite monster of mine, a water/ghost would be slick af

Starters are meh, hate Scorbunny's name but hopefully it gets called Hopañero more, Grookey's final evolution better be Growrilla.
Grookey's final evolution will be green Donkey Kong

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A kelpie is a zombie-like horse-thing, right?

I like ghost-types so Sobble would interest me if its final evolution was similar to a kelpie (plus I'm already interested in Sobble anyway).

I also want Grookey and Flaming Chungus though so I'm torn.

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely part of the sobble squad.

This is the first gen since gen 4 where I like any of the starters first evolution, and I think the region looks really cool as well. I am not really hyped, but I am actually considering getting this. It would be my first one I have gotten in a long time.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Looking like a S/M game. Besides Scorbunny, the starters are trash.
As I did before with Sun and Moon's starters, I waited for the final evolution to be revealed. I was going to go with Popplio since he/she was a circus seal and looked cute as hell, but Popplio went from being a circus seal to a seal-mermaid hybrid, which I didn't like and made me decide on someone else. Good thing I waited because the moment I saw the final evolution starters, Decidueye caught my eye the most, hence I chose Rowlet.

I'd wait it out since I, too, don't know who to pick just yet... it's most likely Scorbunny for me. I mean, who knows? Scorbunny might evolve into Scorchungus.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I am definitely a part of the Grookey gang.

I really hope its final evolution is a gorilla as I believe we have yet to get a gorilla pokemon.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I initially thought that I was looking at the Netherlands until not-London cropped up.

Also, reminder that the Europeans as a whole never got to legally experience SMRPG until the Wii era came along.
Same, the windmills really made it seem apparent. And yeah I know the feel bro, being a PAL user pre-Wii era was brutal af.

Also for what it's worth, team Sobble. I will protect that boi with my life.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Maybe this is just me being nitpicky, but part of me is a little disappointed with the starter designs. I will say that I am most definitely going to choose Scorbunny, but I wish Grookey and Sobble were a bit more visually different. They almost look like the same Pokemon with subtle changes here and there, but that's just my opinion, I have to wait until we see the evolutions to make a full judgement. The region looks dope, I hope there's a lot to explore, and it sure seems that way based off the trailer. One last nitpick, I wish they went with a Breath of the Wild style for the graphics instead of Sun and Moon, but whatever, that doesn't really matter anyway. Overall, I just need more information before I can consider if I want to buy it. I saw some things I liked, and some I didn't.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I'd love it if they have a legendary lion for England, a legendary red dragon for Wales and a legendary unicorn for Scotland. Properly lean into the whole UK theme (and finally add a bloody dolphin pokemon haha).

Edit: I say UK, I'm not even sure if Northern Ireland is alluded to in the region so I guess Britain is more accurate if you wanna be picky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom