• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Speaking of Shield data...

They've finally done it boiz...

Scorbunny.

FIRE RABBIT! FIIIIRREEEE RAAAABBIIIIITTTT!!!

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I'll need more information before I can really give an opinion. Right now, I'm just tired.

None of the starters really stand out for me at the moment, but that could very well change in the upcoming months. Interested as to what the box legendaries will be, and I'm surprised they weren't shown off.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Let me tell you the "Not actual gameplay" warning at the bottom of the screen scares me now because of Smash.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, thoughts on Pokemon Sword & Shield?
Like the starters, but honestly I’m more enthusiastic about the region itself. Getting some industrial England vibes and I’m liking them. Plus it really feels like a console Pokémon.

Might actually buy and play.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'M ****ING SCREAMING

I WAS HOPING WE'D FINALLY GET A BUNNY STARTER BUT MY HOPES WERE LOW

I JUST WANTED A BUNNY AT ALL THIS TIME

BUT THEY SPOILED ME ROTTEN WITH A GODDAMN *****-BUSTING FIRE BUNNY

I'M GONNA DIE I DON'T EVEN CARE IF IT'S FIRE/FIGHTING

BUT OH GOD THE ELECTRIC TAPE THE ENERGY THE FOOT FRICTION OH MY GOD WHAT IF IT'S FIRE/ELECTRIC OH MY GOD

hello. good morning.

D

Deleted member

The fire starter's adorable and looks friendly. The water starter is a close second.

Sorry grass boy. Wonder how evolutions look because Chespin was my starter in Gen 6 but I liked Greninja way more.

On the game itself, it definitely looks like Pokemon. Need to see more. The region isn't striking me as uniquely as Sun and Moon's island aesthetic did. Already thought we tackled Europe when we did X and Y, but maybe it was just France and I'm just being an uncultured 'Murican. I guess this is more based on England? UK?

Graphics are better than Let's Go but it looks more like they just ported Sun and Moon's style more than anything, which is disappointing. Small steps for now, I guess. Looks like there will be an emphasis on soccer? Maybe? Some European sport.

Everything seems to be in early development so I'll hold off on too many opinions. As long as it's not the 8 gym crud again, I'm open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright, let's do this, gang. I'm Team Sobble, and I'm prepared to defend the sad boi. Though if Scorbunny actually does turn out to be Fire/Electric like Ovaltine Ovaltine says, then I'll be legitimately conflicted.
And I don't wanna see anyone jumping the fence after the evolutions are revealed, for the record. We're a loyal bunch; pick a boy and stick by him.
As for my thoughts on the region... yeah, it looks good. I have high hopes for this one.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If Grookey doesn't learn wood hammer after that clip of it banging the rock, i'm going to be upset. That being said, 9/10 times I pick the fire starter and Scorbunny is adorable. It's definitely between those two.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Imagine not picking Sobble as best boi

Though I'm definitely waiting on the evo reveals before I choose a starter for sure. Not going to be tricked like last time *cough*Popplio*cough*

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright, let's do this, gang. I'm Team Sobble, and I'm prepared to defend the sad boi. Though if Scorbunny actually does turn out to be Fire/Electric like Ovaltine Ovaltine says, then I'll be legitimately conflicted.
And I don't wanna see anyone jumping the fence after the evolutions are revealed, for the record. We're a loyal bunch; pick a boy and stick by him.
As for my thoughts on the region... yeah, it looks good. I have high hopes for this one.
I'm sticking with the chameleon as well. I prefer not to spoil final evolutions anyway, so I'm good. I hope it gets a cool secondary typing like Ice or Dragon or something.

Also since this is set in the UK, what do you guys think are the chances for there being a griffin Pokemon?

D

Deleted member

One of these starters are going to be like Incineroar and it will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

domriver

Smash Lord
So, thoughts on Pokemon Sword & Shield?
First off: Good morning fellow Geno bros.

For your question Earl i played pokemon first gen and 2nd gen and wasn't really to involved with the more recent generation pokemon. Im like in the middle for this sword and shield game. I need to hear the online capabilities i want more information of the region. I think open world is not going to happen with this entry. I hope i am so wrong and in E3 they reveal it. but as it stands i dont see open world. I want online where you encounter trainers from the world. Idk im stuck in the middle with this game as far as bein sold on it. What about you?

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm actually going to be very upset if there isn't a griffin Pokemon. This is literally the perfect place for one. It's honestly all I want.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'm sticking with the chameleon as well. I prefer not to spoil final evolutions anyway, so I'm good. I hope it gets a cool secondary typing like Ice or Dragon or something.

Also since this is set in the UK, what do you guys think are the chances for there being a griffin Pokemon?
Pretty high. If it were going to happen I’d say this is the gen for it.

Also I think chameleon might have a Loch Ness monster final evo. Or a Loch Ness type Pokémon will ba legendary

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Jeez this thread went topsy-turvy for a little while as I catch up on things. Toxicity is just an issue for all fan communities, in large part because people are a LOT less accountable for comments online than they probably should be. I really don’t see Smash as overly toxic community wise, at least for what it is. I mean the game is literally built on picking favorite characters from gaming as a whole, of course you’re going to invite an absolute ton of people into those conversations.

I also don’t see really much evidence of our fan base being toxic even if I do think we get a bit “echo chamber-y” at times like every character’s support does. I’ve made a few arguments there before, but I do know that this is one of the few places that Geno fans can genuinely be themselves and enjoy supporting the character, so I’ve largely backed off from any of that cricticism too. That’s become more apparent as the DLC has continued. I’m still going to discuss Geno’s chance as honestly as I see them, but it’s not from a place of malice or even “policing” that I’m ever coming from with those discussions.

I think all of us posters make mistakes one way or the other and we should be receptive of those realities. I’d love for us as a community to be able to keep level headed because I do think at times we need to be the most level-headed Geno community as he just doesn’t always have the best outlets in other places, but again we’re human and the I’ve seen a lot more of the exhaustion with speculation in recent times. That’s what largely led to me posting now. As both an apology for some of my harsher comments in the past and as support nowadays because I think the community really deserves better than what I see it getting these days.

D

Deleted member

If Wario was a Pokemon I'd immediately choose him. His magnificence triumphs over all.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'M ****ING SCREAMING

BUT OH GOD THE ELECTRIC TAPE THE ENERGY THE FOOT FRICTION OH MY GOD WHAT IF IT'S FIRE/ELECTRIC OH MY GOD

hello. good morning.
WHY ARE WE ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH OH MY GOOOOD FIIIIRREEE RAAABBBIIIITTTTT!

Calling it right now, middle evolution will be Rabburn!

ALSO YES FIRE/ELECTRIC PLEASE AAAAHHHH~!

Everything seems to be in early development so I'll hold off on too many opinions. As long as it's not the 8 gym crud again, I'm open.
So the did say Gyms were back, and I can't dog on them: they took away gyms for something else, and people whined despite not wanting Gyms.

SO GUESS WHAT?! YOU GET YOUR STUPID FORMULA BACK!

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
WHOO! BUNNY STARTER BUNNY STARTER, but Sobble´s kinda cute though...eh ill wait till we see their evolutions first (Might go with Scorbunny though). The region reminds me of black and white a bit which is the first pokemon game I played! Ahh nostalgia.. Anyways! Here´s a question for yall! You guys Team Sword or Shield? Im thinking Shield unless Sword has some game exclusive pokemon that I like. (also X and Y was Paris/France based Bolder, at least pretty sure?)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm honestly not as hyped as I should be. I don't know I just feel disappointed despite not really expecting much. Looks too Sun/Moon like in my opinion, but at least the new renders look nice. Maybe they'll put Xatu back on the ground where he belongs.

I guess I kinda wanted the starters to be a griffin, dragon, and unicorn cuz UK but eh. Maybe we'll get them as box legends?

Kinda expecting a dire wolf at the least (even if it's not a British animal) due to the wolf heads in the logos.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I like all three tbh ._.

I really like the aesthetic of the steampunkesque england vibe. That’s going to be a cool place to explore and looks like a good size to explore! I did like the overworld pokémon view so while it is a little sad not to see it, I am still fine with random battles.

Over all, i’ll be getting both and very likely enjoy them (i know early to say but just a huge pokémon fan)
I'M ****ING SCREAMING

hello. good morning.
I agree with you completely! Super glad to see a fire bunny and also hope it’s fire electric!

Also i know i’m late to this, but i love that icon of yours you drew :D

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Similar to the lack of Solrock and Lunatone in Sun and Moon, I'm taking a stab (no pun intended) and calling that Aegislash won't be in these games.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just realized I'm now the only one of my close friends that has a Switch so I can't even play with them which was probably my favorite aspect of playing Pokemon.

Welp... My hype is at zero now...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I just realized I'm now the only one of my close friends that has a Switch so I can't even play with them which was probably my favorite aspect of playing Pokemon.

Welp... My hype is at zero now...
Hey chica, if you ever need a long-distance playing partner, I'd be happy to give you my Switch code! I can bombard you with the MILLIONS OF BUNNIES I will inevitably be breeding for a shiny. :drflip:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So wait, doesn't this mean we have 3 bunny lines in Pokemon now? We could totally make full bunny teams now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom