• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I’m not going to go back and write responses to all the bull**** you’ve decided to spew out over the last page or so but I just want to point out that this **** right here is the most infuriating thing in the pattern of how discussions with you in this thread go.

1. You get disproportionately bootyblasted at what someone has said.

2. People point out you’re being disproportionately bootyblasted.

3. You insist you’re in the right.

4. Multiple people dab on you

5. You don’t concede in the slightest and then proceed to tell everyone that you “have to go” and can’t respond and that we should “talk about nice things :^)” and drop the conversation completely in the most fake *** disingenuous way.

Doing what you’re doing the way that you’re doing it is not endearing you to anyone. You’re being incredibly rude and caustic, and then hiding behind a facade of being a nice innocent person. But the fact is after the now 2nd time you’ve done this no one believes that you’re actually a nice and levelheaded person. So stop pretending to be one or actually be one. Because all you’re doing is burning bridges and causing people to think you’re a jerk.
Can we get this post pinned to the top of each page?

Dude snaps and goes off on tangents that are basically attacking someone (for literally no reason) and then plays the victim and projects his personal issues on us thinking we're mad because "he got emotional" but in reality our issue is his pattern of blatant hypocrisy. I can even begin to imagine someone acting like this in the real world

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Dixie Kong to be Brave based on size and clutching at straws :4diddy:

They can't reveal Brave soon enough lads.
Hey I’m the same way but with my boy Ninten, and I’m really hoping I’m right, cuz he’s basically my most wanted and would kill that toxic spirits deconfirm theory. Man I wish that’d at least give us a date for when the next update is coming.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The choir kids are child sized, and all three being present could be making the shield wider.
...Must ...Resist ...Cautious hope for a Rhythm Heaven character after all this time...

(Tibby from Megamix is also a lil' sized character, tho I don't know why his shield would be so big unless it had something to do with another RH character or his giant afro)

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey I’m the same way but with my boy Ninten, and I’m really hoping I’m right, cuz he’s basically my most wanted and would kill that toxic spirits deconfirm theory. Man I wish that’d at least give us a date for when the next update is coming.
I hope whoever's revealed completely shakes all the common typical predictions people parrot. It annoys me when people are smugly on their high horse when it comes to Smash predictions and theories, especially when they're nasty to others about it. It makes speculation a lot less enjoyable.

Earthbound Beginnings is underrated af, lets hope Dixie or Ninten **** up the prediction game boi.:shades:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm not used to totally letting things go yet. When people quote me I feel like i should reply. I hope that explains that.

I can be rude, I can be nice. Everyone seems to be that way so i dont know why you're bringing it up for me specifically. My intention is to be nice where I can, but it's also to be true to how I feel. I haven't exactly found my happy balance for being true to my feelings and also be nice at the same time when there's negative feelings, that causes passive-aggression and I've seen plenty of that. When Im good, im nice, when I'm angry, I'm that and can be rude but i at least leave it obvious.

What I have a problem with is there's too many people jumping on it when it was mainly about one person's posts. It does hurt. I dont concede? because I have some things I value and want to be strong with. Doesnt mean it doesnt hurt to be talked to like some people here have. I'm willing to be more considerate of others. I hope that the same can happen towards me. I dont demand it, I just ask for it, and i dont think that negativity deserves negativity. Do you at least agree with that?
I really got to go purely away from the computer now. so i just hope people can stop feeding into it, and get back to what they like to talk about. later.
Let me say I'm not making a post to jump on you or insult you, and I think anyone else who plans to should back off now because Teeb already expressed their wish for it to stop. I get you guys seem to have beef with Teeb, but some of the posts I've seen my Genobros write to them is flat out disgusting and honestly pretty ironic considering you guys are doing exactly what you're telling them not to. So everyone just chill the **** out there's no need for this to be dragged on for so long.

Teeb, if you want to feel welcome here, you need to own up to what you did and apologize to Fatman. Your insults were unprecedented and had nothing to do with the overall point you were trying to make. The Geno thread is not the appropriate channel to vent your frustrations, if you are afraid of keeping them bottled up.

EDIT: Seriously though, I never thought I would see some of you say the things you did. No offense to anyone but you guys took it too far with some of those posts and that's just as bad, if not worse, than what Teeb did.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
You joke but I'm pretty sure Splatoon started its life as Mario Paintball until the developers practically begged the higher ups to allow them to make a new IP.
If that's true, that actually would've been cool to have a Mario Paintball game as a first-person shooter, even though Splatoon is a third-person shooter.
I always thought Splatoon could somehow fit within the Marioverse, but what if they made some Splatoon DLC that had a map set in Delfino Plaza or Ricco Harbor? That would be very fun.

If it's true, I did not know Splatoon started its life as a Mario game at first. Thanks for telling me that! :)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I find it funny how I'm only seeing this in the Geno thread or when people mistake the info as supporting Geno's favor particularly, but no one gets mad if it's clearly in support of another character.

I feel like it's mainly some people's bias against Geno and they feel the need to be hostile or condescending or whatever for some reason, instead of debating in a fair way.
Ding ding Ding!

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question. If the 5 DLC packs also contain assist trophies, which assists would you like out of your 4 most wanted DLC picks? For me:

1. Dixie - Chunky assist would be unironically amazing, especially after the Smash 4 rumours. That or Rambi charging across the stage and being rideable would be cool.

2. Banjo - Definitely Mumbo Jumbo, who could transform your opponents into a washing machine.

3. Geno - Mallow is obvious, so I'll say Bowyer, temporarily disabling certain moves for your opponent and firing arrows.

4. Rayman - Globox, can perform a rain dance that cause lightning clouds to zap opponents (Rayman 2 reference), however cowardly runs away from opponents if attacked.

TheBeastHimself

If you have nothing to offer this thread other than this, I would ask you to not return and go make/join an Erdrick thread or hop over to the toxic SE thread and join the brethren you'd likely assimilate with.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I'm saying you guys are taking it too far. This is such a toxic post. I don't care how you guys feel about Teeb, some of you are being hypocrites.

I know Teeb wanted this topic to end, but I'm not going to involve them from here on out. I don't want this behavior some of you are exhibiting to be swept under the rug. There's no excuses to act like this, think about how this makes Geno fans look.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Here's a question. If the 5 DLC packs also contain assist trophies, which assists would you like out of your 4 most wanted DLC picks? For me:

1. Dixie - Chunky assist would be unironically amazing, especially after the Smash 4 rumours. That or Rambi charging across the stage and being rideable would be cool.

2. Banjo - Definitely Mumbo Jumbo, who could transform your opponents into a washing machine.

3. Geno - Mallow is obvious, so I'll say Bowyer, temporarily disabling certain moves for your opponent and firing arrows.

4. Rayman - Globox, can perform a rain dance that cause lightning clouds to zap opponents (Rayman 2 reference), however cowardly runs away from opponents if attacked.
Isaac and Shovel Knight easily. Give me Lyn as well, FE/swordsman haters be damned.

past that, uhhh, I dunno, my fourth pick would either be Zero or Alucard maybe. Maybe Waluigi to make the fans happy. I really only give a crap about the 3 I mentioned above TBH.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Isaac and Shovel Knight easily. Give me Lyn as well, FE/swordsman haters be damned.

past that, uhhh, my fourth pick would either be Zero or Alucard. Maybe Waluigi to make the fans happy.
I meant assist trophies that aren't in the game, although your taste is fantastic so have a like anyway :4pacman:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo, or Bottles whose assist trophy is similar to Mr. Resetti's from Brawl.

Geno - Mallow, or Bowyer too because that would be cool. Tbh I haven't finished SMRPG and am still at the Yoshi Race because I've been playing modded Minecraft with some Majora's Mask 3D on weekends and don't have my priorities straight.

Ninten or Porky - I guess Giegue/Giygas or a Pigmask in a tank or something. I don't know what if Giegue was playable, a Lil' Saucer?

Steve, Gengar, or Sans & Papyrus - A Creeper...Gengar can't really have an assist trophy...and Flowey transforming into Omega Flowey I guess. If the Creeper was playable, Steve could be the assist trophy.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo, or Bottles whose assist trophy is similar to Mr. Resetti's from Brawl.

Geno - Mallow, or Bowyer too because that would be cool. Tbh I haven't finished SMRPG and am still at the Yoshi Race because I've been playing modded Minecraft with some Majora's Mask 3D on weekends and don't have my priorities straight.

Ninten or Porky - I guess Giegue/Giygas or a Pigmask in a tank or something. I don't know what if Giegue was playable, a Lil' Saucer?

Steve, Gengar, or Sans & Papyrus - A Creeper...Gengar can't really have an assist trophy...and Flowey transforming into Omega Flowey I guess.
A Lil' Saucer which gives you a "cold" (poison damage temporarily i.e. White Pikmin) would be sick. I feel like a stage dedicated to Giygas in his Earthbound form would be more fitting maybe (Cave of the Past). Though I could see non-Mother fans being salty at all that delicious Mother representation lmao.

P.S. I'm jealous you get to play SMRPG for the first time.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

1. Ninten or Claus - Duster kinda got gypped, and I'd love to see him using his thief tools. A Mad Truck would also be pretty hilarious if it came with Ninten, though Giegue with an inexplicable attack would be dope as well.

2. Banjo - I'd actually really like to see another Rare character in some form such as Conker making an appearance but Mumbo makes the most sense.

3. Geno - Toad with a Bazooka because it's funny.

4. Monokuma - The Monokubs of course! They'd chose one at random and depending on the cub, their attacks would do different kinds of damage.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

1. Geno: Mallow who casts Shocker, HP Rain and Snowy.

2. Banjo: Your idea for Mumbo is great.

3. Chosen Undead: Solaire who attacks with sword slashes and Lightning Spears, and heals damage with Miracles.

4. Doomslayer: The jetpack skeletons from DOOM 2016, alternatively BJ Blasckowitz.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think we really don't need more Pokemon in Smash, and since a gen 8 one would easily be a shill pick... yeah. Don't wanna pay to be advertised to like with Corrin.

That said, YESSS, GEN 8. What are you guys' hopes? I just want more bunny Pokemon or a flamingo Pokemon... or a nice duck. I love nice ducks. Gimme more ducks. To keep this on-topic with Geno, too, if he had a Pokemon team, what do you think he'd have? Pokemon with cannons for arms (Magmortar?) are a necessity, as well as space Pokemon like Clefable or Minior.
Imagine if they made a Pokémon after Geno? I'll make something up right now for fun: Genocchio!

Genocchio's ability is spirit, and it's the only Pokémon that has this ability: after his doll body loses all its HP, he escapes and goes into his star form (which only has 1 HP and will only be able to give you one turn of attacking, unless your opponent doesn't knock you out in time then you got many chances and turns to attack and make your move).

Genocchio's doll form is
and
. (Most likely would use this since his star form only has 1 HP and doesn't need a weakness against him)
Genocchio's star form is
and

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Let me say I'm not making a post to jump on you or insult you, and I think anyone else who plans to should back off now because Teeb already expressed their wish for it to stop. I get you guys seem to have beef with Teeb, but some of the posts I've seen my Genobros write to them is flat out disgusting and honestly pretty ironic considering you guys are doing exactly what you're telling them not to. So everyone just chill the **** out there's no need for this to be dragged on for so long.

Teeb, if you want to feel welcome here, you need to own up to what you did and apologize to Fatman. Your insults were unprecedented and had nothing to do with the overall point you were trying to make. The Geno thread is not the appropriate channel to vent your frustrations, if you are afraid of keeping them bottled up.

EDIT: Seriously though, I never thought I would see some of you say the things you did. No offense to anyone but you guys took it too far with some of those posts and that's just as bad, if not worse, than what Teeb did.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I'm saying you guys are taking it too far. This is such a toxic post. I don't care how you guys feel about Teeb, some of you are being hypocrites.

I know Teeb wanted this topic to end, but I'm not going to involve them from here on out. I don't want this behavior some of you are exhibiting to be swept under the rug. There's no excuses to act like this, think about how this makes Geno fans look.
Sorry, man but nah. The guy was being ridiculous and people were calling him out for being ridiculous. This is not the first time he's completely derailed the thread to be specifically vitrolic towards one specific poster for an imagined sleight. If someone telling him he'd probably be better off spending his energies posting in a different thread is in any way equivalent or even greater to all the mess he tried to spew at fatman then I'm not really sure what to tell you. I don't really see what anyone has said to him as being out of line in the slightest.

It's ridiculous that someone can just pop into the thread to accuse/harass someone out of nowhere for sharing information and the rest of us are expected to not react to said person when he continues to post and be completely unapologetic about it.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Actually feeling like fighting this one.

Everyone acts like you have to constantly be a bunch of sunshine and rainbows to every single person you meet, regardless of how they treat you. 'Turn the other cheek' and 'Respond to them with kindess, it will confuse them and maybe pass it on.' Sorry to say, more and more people nowadays are proving themselves to be toxic and not worth investing time, and Teeb's clearly shown what kind of person they are, which is the typical 'attack someone I don't agree with and go deep when people support me but back off and act innocent/offer truce when I'm called out' you see all over social media anymore.

It WOULD be one thing this was their first offense. It would be 'Hey man, that was definitely not cool, own up to it and don't do it again' and if they did we would be done here.

The problem is, Teeb didn't do that: they did their best to rip Fatman a knew one, failed, got called out for it, tried to defend themselves like they were somehow in the right in all of this, got called out more, then acted like this was unfair to them and they would just leave. They then came back and acted just fine up until today with Fatman posting more interesting info and theory, then they lash out at him again. Teeb never apologized for doing it the first time, left thinking they were the victim, then returned only to pull this charade yet AGAIN.

And yet we just need to smile and say 'It's okay, just do better next time.' when they have proven they will not change and will continue to cause problems?

Lots of recent bigger-news controversies have played out just like this, and you know what the true victims who would be in Fatman's position have been doing? Fighting back, lawyer-ing up and doing something about it. Turns out, letting people run a train over you over and over again and doing nothing about it does nothing but satisfy them and encourage them to continue, but taking action as much as it may be against your moral beliefs is what is needed to get this people to back off and wake up.

Also, calling someone out for being toxic isn't a problem. Telling them to leave if they refuse to stop being toxic is also a non-issue. While I would admit it was an insult of sorts to encourage them to join a well-known toxic community because they have been toxic themselves, it's also likely a realizable and helpful bit of advice, in more ways than one.

Teeb needs to calm down and back off Fatman.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Sorry, man but nah. The guy was being ridiculous and people were calling him out for being ridiculous. This is not the first time he's completely derailed the thread to be specifically vitrolic towards one specific poster for an imagined sleight. If someone telling him he'd probably be better off spending his energies posting in a different thread is in any way equivalent or even greater to all the mess he tried to spew at fatman then I'm not really sure what to tell you. I don't really see what anyone has said to him as being out of line in the slightest.

It's ridiculous that someone can just pop into the thread to accuse/harass someone out of nowhere for sharing information and the rest of us are expected to not react to said person when he continues to post and be completely unapologetic about it.
Actually feeling like fighting this one.

Everyone acts like you have to constantly be a bunch of sunshine and rainbows to every single person you meet, regardless of how they treat you. 'Turn the other cheek' and 'Respond to them with kindess, it will confuse them and maybe pass it on.' Sorry to say, more and more people nowadays are proving themselves to be toxic and not worth investing time, and Teeb's clearly shown what kind of person they are, which is the typical 'attack someone I don't agree with and go deep when people support me but back off and act innocent/offer truce when I'm called out' you see all over social media anymore.

It WOULD be one thing this was their first offense. It would be 'Hey man, that was definitely not cool, own up to it and don't do it again' and if they did we would be done here.

The problem is, Teeb didn't do that: they did their best to rip Fatman a knew one, failed, got called out for it, tried to defend themselves like they were somehow in the right in all of this, got called out more, then acted like this was unfair to them and they would just leave. They then came back and acted just fine up until today with Fatman posting more interesting info and theory, then they lash out at him again. Teeb never apologized for doing it the first time, left thinking they were the victim, then returned only to pull this charade yet AGAIN.

And yet we just need to smile and say 'It's okay, just do better next time.' when they have proven they will not change and will continue to cause problems?

Lots of recent bigger-news controversies have played out just like this, and you know what the true victims who would be in Fatman's position have been doing? Fighting back, lawyer-ing up and doing something about it. Turns out, letting people run a train over you over and over again and doing nothing about it does nothing but satisfy them and encourage them to continue, but taking action as much as it may be against your moral beliefs is what is needed to get this people to back off and wake up.

Also, calling someone out for being toxic isn't a problem. Telling them to leave if they refuse to stop being toxic is also a non-issue. While I would admit it was an insult of sorts to encourage them to join a well-known toxic community because they have been toxic themselves, it's also likely a realizable and helpful bit of advice, in more ways than one.

Teeb needs to calm down and back off Fatman.
Let me just clarify by saying my intentions weren't to offend or be disrespectful myself.

I will admit, I wasn't completely aware of the history that Teeb has had in this thread. And ForsakenM ForsakenM , you were right, this is about my morals. I saw people jumping on Teeb, and I got frustrated because I felt like some comments I saw weren't necessary. I'll hop out of this conversation because clearly I don't know the full extent of what I'm talking about, and this is something that I was not even involved with.

I'm sorry for anything I may have caused.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Aw jeez this again

Look Teeb147 Teeb147 I might even somewhat agree with you but manners maketh man. There’s nothing good about letting your emotions get the best of you and running wild on that keyboard. If you got something to say, say it with respect. Even if you don’t have respect, it’s just easier to convince people if you take the high road; be pragmatic at least.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Let me just clarify by saying my intentions weren't to offend or be disrespectful myself.

I will admit, I wasn't completely aware of the history that Teeb has had in this thread. And ForsakenM ForsakenM , you were right, this is about my morals. I saw people jumping on Teeb, and I got frustrated because I felt like some comments I saw weren't necessary. I'll hop out of this conversation because clearly I don't know the full extent of what I'm talking about, and this is something that I was not even involved with.

I'm sorry for anything I may have caused.
Nah, you good.

We are mostly cool people around here, so if we do go in on someone, it's for a reason more often than not.

You have to be a cool person to support a character like Geno. :)

ZelDan

Smash Master
It's possible to disagree with someone without being toxic and accusing them of things like bias or whatever. It's also possible to call out the toxic actions of others without being toxic yourself or throwing out insults like "haha look at this guy s*** his diaper" and stuff of that nature.

There's a right way and wrong way to many things in life.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's possible to disagree with someone without being toxic and accusing them of things like bias or whatever. It's also possible to call out the toxic actions of others without being toxic yourself or throwing out insults like "haha look at this guy s*** his diaper" and stuff of that nature.

There's a right way and wrong way to many things in life.
Unfortunately playing the nice guy/gal gets you steamrolled.

Nowadays you have to get a bit mean for people to back off and realize what they did was unacceptable.

TheBeastHimself

Unfortunately playing the nice guy/gal gets you steamrolled.

Nowadays you have to get a bit mean for people to back off and realize what they did was unacceptable.
I get it. Even though there were some things I don't fully agree with, I get the reasoning behind why things went down the way they did and I'm not going to hold anyone accountable for it. Thank you for understanding, because looking back my posts sounded pretty aggressive and by no means was that my intentions. Is there any way we can fix this situation?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I get it. Even though there were some things I don't fully agree with, I get the reasoning behind why things went down the way they did and I'm not going to hold anyone accountable for it. Thank you for understanding, because looking back my posts sounded pretty aggressive and by no means was that my intentions. Is there any way we can fix this situation?
Play me in Smash :grrr:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Personally, I do believe the best way to go about things is to try and stay kind and civil, but sometimes it is hard to keep yourself from being snarky or angry if the other person seems to be the same way.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Like I said before, you are good: you jumped the gun, realized you were misinformed, and corrected yourself. Hell, you even apologized, which is the icing on the cake.

You are good. Now if Teeb does the same, while they would be under a weary eye, we would mostly accept them back in I believe.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Holy moley, girlfriend, I feel even closer to you now! I had this kind of tirade pages ago where I just kinda flipped my usual script and went in on something that was irritating me. Don't be embarrassed about needing to vent, all humans do it.
Ahaha, oh man, I just woke up from a nap and, looking back on this post, boi, I done went off. It really wasn't Teeb that was the sole cause of it. I disagree with his behavior, but attacking him was never the intent, and I feel the need to clarify that. It was mostly venting out of frustration of how nasty Smash's fan base gets to be sometimes.

But yeah, like... wowie, wow. This is why I tell y'all that I may seem very calm and collected, but there is a beast hiding in there somewhere, and when it's out, it's like... apocalyptic. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an Aries and Puerto Rican + Italian + German :4pacman:

TheBeastHimself

Like I said before, you are good: you jumped the gun, realized you were misinformed, and corrected yourself. Hell, you even apologized, which is the icing on the cake.

You are good. Now if Teeb does the same, while they would be under a weary eye, we would mostly accept them back in I believe.
That's what I meant. I didn't mean fixing the situation with me lol. Is there a way we can end this controversy with Teeb and go back to happy sunshine and rainbows, but, I guess you already answered my question. :)

D

Deleted member

*Walks into the Geno thread after a good lunch.*
*Reads*

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wait, there's two of us here?? Does that mean we get to throw our own in-thread Puerto Rican Day parade?
AW YEAH FELLOW BORICUA. I am all game for that if you ask me. I'll bring the sancocho and arroz con gandules, you bring the pernil and the pasteles. It's GO TIME.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Ahaha, oh man, I just woke up from a nap and, looking back on this post, boi, I done went off. It really wasn't Teeb that was the sole cause of it. I disagree with his behavior, but attacking him was never the intent, and I feel the need to clarify that. It was mostly venting out of frustration of how nasty Smash's fan base gets to be sometimes.

But yeah, like... wowie, wow. This is why I tell y'all that I may seem very calm and collected, but there is a beast hiding in there somewhere, and when it's out, it's like... apocalyptic. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an Aries and Puerto Rican + Italian + German :4pacman:
>Is Italian + German + a little Scandinavian

I understand.

Though I’m not an Aries. I’m a Libra actually heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom