• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I see we're kicking Operation "****post Until We Reach X Pages" into full gear now.
Better go make another Seinfeld image.

D

Deleted member

Imagine wanting Mother 3 in the west
This post was made by the Reggie gang

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

From my understanding. The only real reason it's not looking good is because 'insiders say so". Where were they before Joker was announced?
Imagine knowing the SE rep will be first
This post was made by the Joker gang

D

Deleted member

PicsArt_01-30-05.05.41.jpg

I'm loving that Geno render so much, so I made this. It's a small thing, but it's neat.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
All this "guaranteed" SE rep talk is all based around a rumor that Sakurai promised a DLC spot to get Cloud back for base game. We have no proof if it's even the slightest bit true. I wouldn't even be shocked if none of the fighter pass slots are a SE rep. This so called list of SE reps floating around might not even be for smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All this "guaranteed" SE rep talk is all based around a rumor that Sakurai promised a DLC spot to get Cloud back for base game. We have no proof if it's even the slightest bit true. I wouldn't even be shocked if none of the fighter pass slots are a SE rep. This so called list of SE reps floating around might not even be for smash.
It might even be for Mortal Kombat. Geno's joining Mortal Kombat guys!

D

Deleted member

All this "guaranteed" SE rep talk is all based around a rumor that Sakurai promised a DLC spot to get Cloud back for base game. We have no proof if it's even the slightest bit true. I wouldn't even be shocked if none of the fighter pass slots are a SE rep.
I know the name has been thrown around countless times, and I know you're cynical about him because of how Joker was revealed, but the biggest thing for SE newcomer is Vergeben saying there will be a SE newcomer (and he specified newcomer) coming before Incineroar was announced. So far everyone he has guessed for Smash has been on the nail. If he said someone was in, they were in. His only flaw is that he doesn't know the specifics of DLC like everybody else, but he's still 100% certain a SE guy is coming. If he says someone is in, I'm inclined to believe it.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any definitive proof Megasmilax is owned by Square?

I believe it is oqned by Square and I have a friend that says Megasmilax and other similar SMRPG characters are owned by Nintendo similar to how Nintendo owns characters from Rareware games like the DKC series...

We're not sure which case is correct.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I know the name has been thrown around countless times, and I know you're cynical about him because of how Joker was revealed, but the biggest thing for SE newcomer is Vergeben saying there will be a SE newcomer (and he specified newcomer) coming before Incineroar was announced. So far everyone he has guessed for Smash has been on the nail. If he said someone was in, they were in. His only flaw is that he doesn't know the specifics of DLC like everybody else, but he's still 100% certain a SE guy is coming. If he says someone is in, I'm inclined to believe it.
It is extremely funny though how two major things he got wrong (SE Rep and Minecraft In base game) just so conveniently got pushed back to DLC so he couldn't be proven wrong yet.

D

Deleted member

I'm not putting much stock into what Vergeben is saying anymore because 1) - he said the SE rep would be first, and was wrong about it - 2) - PolarPanda said that no one knows the DLC

D

Deleted member

It is extremely funny though how two major things he got wrong (SE Rep and Minecraft In base game) just so conveniently got pushed back to DLC so he couldn't be proven wrong yet.
Convenient but when things get in isn't why he's reliable. Sticking by Incineroar against the grinch leak, guessing Isabelle, simon, Ridley, everyone is here. It's a solid resume despite him not having luck on dates. He still believes the SE rep is a thing so that would make him more credible if one got in imo, because he's been claiming it for a while. Moreso if we get Minecraft content. You don't just guess both of those before DLC is even announced. Even if it is technically backpedaling to DLC, he at least has an idea over the content.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine having credibility
This post was made by the 4Chan gang
5Chan, too.

Imagine if Geno was actually being used for the next Dissidia game all along, featuring guests from non-FF series. Or it's really a list of characters whose games get added to Nintendo's online Switch service.

But yeah I've been of the mindset that we probably won't get an SE character at all for a while, and Verge and others will have been crying wolf for nothing.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
From my understanding. The only real reason it's not looking good is because 'insiders say so". Where were they before Joker was announced?
The same insiders who said we're getting a Minecraft boss huh?

People put to much faith into insiders. They can be wrong very often. Sure, people get things right here and again but folks rarely double check their track record. I wouldn't take insiders words for much.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

People put to much faith into insiders. They can be wrong very often. Sure, people get things right here and again but folks rarely double check their track record. I wouldn't take insiders words for much.
I mean, even if Verge is unsure about some things (e.g. being told there was no DK character coming), that doesn't take away the spotty track record he's had with other fighting games.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Verge got a lot of things right, so I wouldn't take his words so lightly (like, say, Hitagi), but I would still take it with a grain of salt. He's still gotten things massively wrong in the past, such as stating that Noctis, Phoenix Wright, and Tails were all going to be in the base game, among others. No one's track record is perfect... for the most part.

Though, funnily, Polar's source is the only one out of all of this whose track record has been totally clean so far. They predicted multiple things that were correct (Nindies, Power Rangers game and its details, Direct contents, etc). I think the one thing they didn't see coming was Joker, but let's be real: almost no one, if not no one, saw him coming.

The fact that NoA supervisors, people in high positions in the company, are said from Polar's source to believe that Geno might be DLC still gives me a glimmer of hope. If it were just employees, I'd write that off as a dumb water cooler rumor to be disregarded, but since Polar's source's supervisors believe Geno may be coming, that's a bit of a different story.

D

Deleted member

Verge got a lot of things right, so I wouldn't take his words so lightly (like, say, Hitagi), but I would still take it with a grain of salt. He's still gotten things massively wrong in the past, such as stating that Noctis, Phoenix Wright, and Tails were all going to be in the base game, among others. No one's track record is perfect... for the most part.

Though, funnily, Polar's source is the only one out of all of this whose track record has been totally clean so far. They predicted multiple things that were correct (Nindies, Power Rangers game and its details, Direct contents, etc). I think the one thing they didn't see coming was Joker, but let's be real: almost no one, if not no one, saw him coming.

The fact that NoA supervisors, people in high positions in the company, are said from Polar's source to believe that Geno might be DLC still gives me a glimmer of hope. If it were just employees, I'd write that off as a dumb water cooler rumor to be disregarded, but since Polar's source's supervisors believe Geno may be coming, that's a bit of a different story.
I agree with this.

However, I don't believe Verge ever said that Noctis, Phoenix, and Tails would be in the base game. And Polar said that no one knows the DLC, and he was right about that when Joker was revealed.

Those are my only qualms here though

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Imagine wanting Shantae
This post was made by the Shovel Knight Gang

Also we did it guys we made it onto Google Articles..

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I agree with this.

However, I don't believe Verge ever said that Noctis, Phoenix, and Tails would be in the base game. And Polar said that no one knows the DLC, and he was right about that when Joker was revealed.

Those are my only qualms here though
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76403748

Correction, he stated that this was a rumor he'd gotten and posted. My bad. With that said, though, he did still post that information.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Imagine wanting Shantae
This post was made by the Shovel Knight Gang

Also we did it guys we made it onto Google Articles..
Oh geez, if I'd have known that photo would be the one they'd use, I wouldn't have posted it. :rotfl:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

It's kinda like depending on someone with more experience to help you, but if they decide not to help you, you just have to do the job yourself. The only job we can do is play the game and wait for full confirmation in a Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom