• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
From what I understand, it's most likely fake, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Just relax; on June 12th I'm certain we'll hear some good news. Only 11 days left...
Yeah I'm overreacting. Just really hope it's not a tag team. To think Diddy and Dixie almost ended up with same fate.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Geno or riot
This video published by LordJackal LordJackal on September 5th, 2012:
! We've got Cloud Strife & a Geno Mii Costume in Smash 4 3DS/Wii U versions! Fast-Forward to the year 2018 on (LUCKY) March 7th:

P.S: LordJackal LordJackal , I've been subcribed on your YouTube Channel, why changed your YT name to Adustust, because I've miss your Lord Jackal name on your YouTube Channel & hopefully you'll subcribed my personal YouTube Channel!? Follow me on Twitter & FaceBook, please!

I sincerely ★hope★ in ☆God's Wills wise☆ dat I'll finally get married to the lovely voice actress: Cristina♡♀♡Valenzuela aka Cristina♥♥Vee!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
& especially Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs shall be confirmed in Sonic Mania Plus & Smash Bros. 4 Future Updated Patch on 3DS/WiiU/Switch versions, somehow!?

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to pop in and say that this Ridley supporter is 100% with you, Geno friends. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know it's BS but I actually wouldn't mind a tag team between Mallow and Geno. Maybe it could work like Ice Climbers and have Geno in front or maybe like Pokemon trainer and essentially just be 2 characters in one. Without the forced switching gimmick.

Regardless I'm not going to actively support a tag team, and I know the rumor is BS. But it'd still be sweet if that's what we got. Still have Geno playable.

...Unless it's an ice climber like tag team but with Mallow as the playable one...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I know it's BS but I actually wouldn't mind a tag team between Mallow and Geno. Maybe it could work like Ice Climbers and have Geno in front or maybe like Pokemon trainer and essentially just be 2 characters in one. Without the forced switching gimmick.

Regardless I'm not going to actively support a tag team, and I know the rumor is BS. But it'd still be sweet if that's what we got. Still have Geno playable.

...Unless it's an ice climber like tag team but with Mallow as the playable one...
Imo what made the Ice Climbers work is that they were equals that couldn't do much apart. For the others like Rosalina and Luma or Olimar and the Pikmin, it's a character utilizing a minion. I don't think Pokemon Trainer was a good concept, and am glad it's gone.

Geno and Mallow are completely capable characters by themselves, so just from that standpoint putting them together just feels forced.

It's also really wearing thin on what was once a unique concept in Smash.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
P.S: LordJackal LordJackal , I've been subcribed on your YouTube Channel, why changed your YT name to Adustust, because I've miss your Lord Jackal name on your YouTube Channel
I was unhappy with the name for a long time, it felt childish (which makes sense since I was a kid when I made it) and it also sounds like a solo channel with content that can't be taken too seriously. I'm moving the channel into a production team of multiple people tackling numerous ongoing series, some comedic and some more serious, and Adustus functions better as a group name as well as being flexible enough for both serious and comedic content. It's also the latin name for a species of jackal.

Watching the old Geno video again is making me cringe hard. That was almost six years ago, they're so bad. Definitely not a very well constructed argument, though I do still think Geno has a shot.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I was unhappy with the name for a long time, it felt childish (which makes sense since I was a kid when I made it) and it also sounds like a solo channel with content that can't be taken too seriously. I'm moving the channel into a production team of multiple people tackling numerous ongoing series, some comedic and some more serious, and Adustus functions better as a group name as well as being flexible enough for both serious and comedic content. It's also the latin name for a species of jackal.

Watching the old Geno video again is making me cringe hard. That was almost six years ago, they're so bad. Definitely not a very well constructed argument, though I do still think Geno has a shot.
Will you make an updated Geno video?

Just wanted to pop in and say that this Ridley supporter is 100% with you, Geno friends. :)
Likewise. The love is real.

---

Okay, that being said! I am traveling cross-country right now, and will likely stay in the cities I am going to arrive at tomorrow for a week or so -- if I can I'll try to extend my stay until the 12th so I can livestream my reaction to the E3 Smash presentation. Are we all going to do a group-watch? Can someone set up a Discord so we can do that? That would be cool.

If I'm not here on the 12th, then I send all my wishes to the stars and hope to find out Geno made it in to the roster when next I am able to talk to you guys.

Only 8 days left. Let's get this show on the road!

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Will you make an updated Geno video?
I've been doing a new Smashtalk series for Smash 5 with Pizzadudemanguy, we talk about Geno for a while in the Mario video: https://youtu.be/Hwciz8qMFj4

As we get closer to release, and after we've done all of the major franchises in general, we might do some videos about specific trending topics or character debates. The plan for right now is to do them in this style until we've covered all the big series though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If Super Mario RPG returned without Mario characters attached, what characters would y'all like to be chosen for the 5 person rotation? For me it'd be Geno, Mallow, Croco, Jonathan Jones, and I guess maybe Booster.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Oh wow! It's nice to see a familiar face. I am pretty sure I remember seeing you every time I come back to smash boards for a new smash game. xD

And that tag team idea is exciting. If they were implemented as a team it'd be interesting if they could reflect the turn based nature of the rpg by having them alternate attacks. But I still must say I kind of just want Geno on his own.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
If Super Mario RPG returned without Mario characters attached, what characters would y'all like to be chosen for the 5 person rotation? For me it'd be Geno, Mallow, Croco, Jonathan Jones, and I guess maybe Booster.
I'd just play as the Axiom Rangers tbh

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Don't really have anything to add except for my support, Geno would be a great addition to the game.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
For me it's Jinx (the 3rd strongest boss in the game but a good guy), Boshi (has unused purple bahamutt transformation) , Valentina (biggest spell user)

domriver

Smash Lord
Guys - if Geno is to be announced - how do you think they will announce him? Square will get to? Or Nintendo will? OR Square and Nintendo together ? If sakurai is on stage with Square Enix the crowd will go crazy they will know what its all about LOL CLOUD :( xD

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Guys - if Geno is to be announced - how do you think they will announce him? Square will get to? Or Nintendo will? OR Square and Nintendo together ? If sakurai is on stage with Square Enix the crowd will go crazy they will know what its all about LOL CLOUD :( xD
Truthfully, even if Geno is in the game, I don't expect him to be revealed/playable at E3. I'd wager he would stay unlockable, or revealed at a later date. Here's hoping that I am wrong!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don't think any 3rd party company is going to be announcing Smash news.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Aw man. I'm so hyped for E3. This could be Geno's moment. If he gets announced I might explode from happiness

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I guess this will be the best chance for Geno. Now with Square on board from Cloud in Smash 4. I really hope this is his time.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Aw man. I'm so hype for E3. This could be Geno's moment. If he gets announced I might explode from happiness
Me too, fam! Because, if Geno is actually getting announced at this E3, then we'll need our Big-Time♪(CELEBRATION)♪for Geno finally made it to SMASH & especially playing with this♪Sega Genesis Music of Beware of The Forest♪!

P.S: #Geno4Smash5 I've (ALWAYS) been representing Geno in Smash while playing as Shulk & my Number 1 main: Sonic The Hedgehog to win through on Cyziax Cyziax 's Twitch/YouTube Channels for Smash 4 Wii U version Online Tournaments!
&

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm in Cincinnati right now, one of my main stops in my little cross-country adventure (I'm traveling across America, yeah), and I'm going to try to arrange with my host to let me stay on through Wednesday so I can relax here and watch the E3 Smash presentation.

Is anybody going to arrange a group watch or livestream? We only have a couple of days left and I don't have access to my laptop.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I'm in Cincinnati right now, one of my main stops in my little cross-country adventure (I'm traveling across America, yeah), and I'm going to try to arrange with my host to let me stay on through Wednesday so I can relax here and watch the E3 Smash presentation.

Is anybody going to arrange a group watch or livestream? We only have a couple of days left and I don't have access to my laptop.
Haiku: Good Morning, My Friends! Let's get this show on the road! Geno→4→SMASH→5! #Haiku #Geno4Smash5 #RaheemTheDream #GITGUD #BelieveInYourDreams #NeverGiveUp
&
&

P.S: kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! On this Wednesday June 13th, I need to go groceries shopping with my mother to get something to (EAT) in my household! Anyways, hopefully we'll see Geno, Shantae, Risky Boots, Manic The Hedgehog, Sonia The Hedgehog, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja, Shino, Shizune, Neku Sakuraba, Ninten, Disney's Wreck-It Ralph, Takamaru, Prince Sable, Jill, Midna, Ashley, Sora & especially GOKU BY(THE BIGGEST SURPRISINGLY BOMBSHELL TO EVER KNOWN IN SMASH BROS. HISTORY OF TIME)! Coming in this iteration of SMASH BROS. E3 ANNOUNCEMENT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, I have to wonder. Back when Superstar Saga came out on the GBA, I wonder how much it costed for AlphaDream to get the Geno cameo from Square Enix.
I mean, Square is pricey, but I doubt they're unreasonable for a character who has been growing cobwebs in their broom closet. I'm sure it was just a fun bonus that they figured they could afford.

Of course, we all know he wasn't in the remake, but the remake shows a LOT of signs of being a budget title. BiS remake isn't looking any different.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Might as well put my Geno analysis here too:

Choosing Geno as a prediction was not an easy decision. I grew up playing Super Mario RPG on the Wii Virtual Console loving every second of the experience. I thought Geno was a very cool character back then and wanted him in Smash 4. That never happened. But, I was super astonished when Geno had his own Mii costume for Smash 4 DLC. I looked into the interview of Sakurai mentioning the story behind the Mii costume with him stating:

"Geno:

What led you to decide to make a Geno costume after all this time?

Sakurai: To tell the truth, it’s because I wanted Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if I could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality."

I interpreted that comment as Square Enix being stingy about their properties. I thought he was not included because he was just a character from a one-off SNES game and never thought much about it since, slowly drifting away my hope for the puppet as time went on, never seriously considering him when it came to Smash Switch newcomer speculation. But, then I thought about critically. I thought about Vergeben's rumor of Simon Belmont and Ridley being in Smash as his info quickly became more legitimate at E3. What these two choices hold in common was that they were generally perceived as impossible due to many reasons such as Konami being a bad company, the harsh treatment of Kojima, and Sakurai stating two times in Brawl/Smash 4 that Ridley would be impossible.

Thinking hypothetically, if Sakurai went that far to implement these characters in Smash Switch, despite the very difficult obstacles, I personally believe Sakurai would go beyond the line and negotiate Geno from Square Enix yet again. What I theorize about Smash 4 DLC was that the production for it had a lower budget. The evidence pointing to this is Sakurai stating that they had a smaller team working on the DLC, noting that there were a smaller selection of songs to choose from (pointing out the Midgar FF7 stage having only two non-remixed songs), and Sakurai choosing to add the "most realizable and negotiable character" (Bayonetta) when it came to the Smash 4 ballot. I feel these budget constraints prevented Sakurai from negotiating beyond Cloud Strife for Smash 4 DLC, with the only affordable option left being to add Geno as a Mii costume.

Normally, I would say that Geno being a one-shot character and Square Enix being strict would damage his chance to be in Smash. But, I do not believe this to be an actual problem for Sakurai. He wanted Geno badly back in Brawl and Smash 4 because of his move-set potential, setting aside the fact that his appearance was one-time, being willing enough to get Geno as one of the only notable Mii costumes for Smash 4 DLC done for the fans. Considering that SMRPG was one of Square's biggest successes in history (with SMRPG selling as massively as the huge Tomb Raider/Final Fantasy games), I feel the company would be fine with the idea of SMRPG being represented in Smash. The belief that Square Enix would strike against the idea of Geno being playable is a huge overstatement.

Square would be willing to make business to make Geno in Smash a reality, if the budget for negotiating characters for Smash Bros. allows it. With the opportunity being possible thanks to Smash Switch likely being a higher budget game, this would finally have Sakurai realize Geno for Smash Switch. The 13 year-long journey of Sakurai wanting Geno as a playable fighter would close in pure satisfaction for him and the immense number of hardcore Geno supporters. I am banking that he will add Geno again, making a dream finally come true.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Might as well put my Geno analysis here too:

Choosing Geno as a prediction was not an easy decision. I grew up playing Super Mario RPG on the Wii Virtual Console loving every second of the experience. I thought Geno was a very cool character back then and wanted him in Smash 4. That never happened. But, I was super astonished when Geno had his own Mii costume for Smash 4 DLC. I looked into the interview of Sakurai mentioning the story behind the Mii costume with him stating:

"Geno:

What led you to decide to make a Geno costume after all this time?

Sakurai: To tell the truth, it’s because I wanted Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if I could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality."

I interpreted that comment as Square Enix being stingy about their properties. I thought he was not included because he was just a character from a one-off SNES game and never thought much about it since, slowly drifting away my hope for the puppet as time went on, never seriously considering him when it came to Smash Switch newcomer speculation. But, then I thought about critically. I thought about Vergeben's rumor of Simon Belmont and Ridley being in Smash as his info quickly became more legitimate at E3. What these two choices hold in common was that they were generally perceived as impossible due to many reasons such as Konami being a bad company, the harsh treatment of Kojima, and Sakurai stating two times in Brawl/Smash 4 that Ridley would be impossible.

Thinking hypothetically, if Sakurai went that far to implement these characters in Smash Switch, despite the very difficult obstacles, I personally believe Sakurai would go beyond the line and negotiate Geno from Square Enix yet again. What I theorize about Smash 4 DLC was that the production for it had a lower budget. The evidence pointing to this is Sakurai stating that they had a smaller team working on the DLC, noting that there were a smaller selection of songs to choose from (pointing out the Midgar FF7 stage having only two non-remixed songs), and Sakurai choosing to add the "most realizable and negotiable character" (Bayonetta) when it came to the Smash 4 ballot. I feel these budget constraints prevented Sakurai from negotiating beyond Cloud Strife for Smash 4 DLC, with the only affordable option left being to add Geno as a Mii costume.

Normally, I would say that Geno being a one-shot character and Square Enix being strict would damage his chance to be in Smash. But, I do not believe this to be an actual problem for Sakurai. He wanted Geno badly back in Brawl and Smash 4 because of his move-set potential, setting aside the fact that his appearance was one-time, being willing enough to get Geno as one of the only notable Mii costumes for Smash 4 DLC done for the fans. Considering that SMRPG was one of Square's biggest successes in history (with SMRPG selling as massively as the huge Tomb Raider/Final Fantasy games), I feel the company would be fine with the idea of SMRPG being represented in Smash. The belief that Square Enix would strike against the idea of Geno being playable is a huge overstatement.

Square would be willing to make business to make Geno in Smash a reality, if the budget for negotiating characters for Smash Bros. allows it. With the opportunity being possible thanks to Smash Switch likely being a higher budget game, this would finally have Sakurai realize Geno for Smash Switch. The 13 year-long journey of Sakurai wanting Geno as a playable fighter would close in pure satisfaction for him and the immense number of hardcore Geno supporters. I am banking that he will add Geno again, making a dream finally come true.
Nobody hopes you're right more than me.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hoo boy, if that ain't a confidence booster! I, too, believe that people aren't respecting Geno's chances nearly enough by and large; I mean, we're talking about a character who's been atop Sakurai's personal wishlist for well over a decade at this point, has maintained a sizable cult following despite being MIA for years, and has had his main barrier to entry, that being Square Enix, effectively shattered between Smash 4 and 5. Even if he doesn't have "muh relevance" that every speculator who thinks they're worth their salt craves in every newcomer these days, Geno's chances have never looked better, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get in over Waluigi and Captain Toad, the most oft-speculated candidates for a new Mario rep. These people who are putting all their stock in those two and dismissing Geno as a no-hoper just because he didn't make it in the first time are setting themselves up for disappointment come release day, methinks.
That said, I don't expect Geno to be revealed tomorrow, or even before the game's release period. Rather, I see Geno being an unlockable character, as maintaining hype for the character may be seen as difficult given how obscure he is. So, basically, don't lose hope if you don't see him tomorrow, fellow Geno fans! The dream is still very much alive!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gonna go to bed, wake up late tomorrow for the presentation probably and Geno's gonna be announced as a character.

Totally going to happen

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With very few characters being added to this one, I think they are going to reserve the character slots to very select, special characters.

I think Geno fits in that!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
With very few characters being added to this one, I think they are going to reserve the character slots to very select, special characters.

Me to

I think Geno fits in that![/QUO

Me too! But at least the M

ii Gunner is coming back, so I'd have to think that the Geno costume will be back as well. I'm keeeping an open mind, I hope our wish comes true like the Ridley fans!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay.

Guys.

Please keep in mind this is STILL a rumor.

But...

Apparently a GameFAQs user by the name of loz18 leaked highly accurate details about Smash Bros. Ultimate yesterday. I don't know if this was brought to everyone's attention, but I compiled important things he said.
If you want to see what he said for yourself, start from post #67 here.
To summarize:
  • Wavedashing IS BACK
  • "Higher up people have played with unannounced characters," meaning that besides Ridley, there are at least 2 newcomers (Simon may/may not be included in this).
  • Zelda has a BOTW alt.
Not much, but everything he said is correct. He likely had access to the demo early alongside a small amount of insider information.
This was posted yesterday. Literally everything here matches up with what we have seen so far. Follow the source post for the full quite.

...He mentions Geno being one of the newcomers.

DEEP BREATHS.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Okay.

Guys.

Please keep in mind this is STILL a rumor.

But...

This was posted yesterday. Literally everything here matches up with what we have seen so far. Follow the source post for the full quite.

...He mentions Geno being one of the newcomers.

DEEP BREATHS.
I'm confused... where does he indicate Geno is one of the newcomers? If anything, he seems to indicate quite the opposite with his "Geno's not in the demo, but I don't know about newcomers" comment.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm confused... where does he indicate Geno is one of the newcomers? If anything, he seems to indicate quite the opposite with his "Geno's not in the demo, but I don't know about newcomers" comment.
Yeah, I too read through the whole thing and saw no indication of Geno one way or the other.

Here's to hoping he's announced before December!

Perhaps I am demonstrating hubris when I say that, but I still have a really good feeling about Geno's chances this time around...

On the other hand, I feel concerned given the fact that they're planning on making the Mii fighters playable online (meaning it's possible the Mii costumes are here to stay, implying many things for us and K. Rool fans, none of them good), and Sakurai's statement asking us not to expect many newcomers this time around...

But given the trend in newcomers so far (especially Ridley and the Inklings), I can't help but get my hopes up this time around...

I hope they aren't dashed...

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, I too read through the whole thing and saw no indication of Geno one way or the other.

Here's to hoping he's announced before December!

Perhaps I am demonstrating hubris when I say that, but I still have a really good feeling about Geno's chances this time around...

On the other hand, I feel concerned given the fact that they're planning on making the Mii fighters playable online (meaning it's possible the Mii costumes are here to stay, implying many things for us and K. Rool fans, none of them good), and Sakurai's statement asking us not to expect many newcomers this time around...

But given the trend in newcomers so far (especially Ridley and the Inklings), I can't help but get my hopes up this time around...

I hope they aren't dashed...
I'm with you there. Assuming Sakurai's not just messing with us with the comment about "don't expect too many newcomers", not to mention that the name of the game is literally "Ultimate," they're probably gonna try to reserve what few fresh slots they have for big hype-builders and fanservice characters like Ridley, and if you think about it, what prospective newcomer is more famous within the Smash fanbase than Geno? Well, there's Ridley, who's already confirmed. Beyond that, there's K. Rool, who I think is practically a shoo-in given the direction this title's going. And then there's us, the humble Geno supporters, the cult following that exploded in the days of Brawl and has been going strong ever since despite the ridicule and backlash we've faced over the years. Our boy Geno has been pushed by us, his fans, to the point of being practically emblematic of the Smash speculation scene as a whole, and as much as the naysayers like to bring down the hammer with "nobody knows who he is," the truth is that many Smash fans do know him and quietly sympathize with us, mostly due to our efforts.
I think that's something.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm with you there. Assuming Sakurai's not just messing with us with the comment about "don't expect too many newcomers", not to mention that the name of the game is literally "Ultimate," they're probably gonna try to reserve what few fresh slots they have for big hype-builders and fanservice characters like Ridley, and if you think about it, who's more representative of Smash speculation than Geno? Well, there's Ridley, who's already confirmed. Beyond that, there's K. Rool, who I think is practically a shoo-in given the direction this title's going. And then there's us, the Geno supporters, the cult following that exploded in the days of Brawl and has been going strong ever since despite the ridicule and backlash we've faced over the years. Our boy Geno has been pushed by us, his fans, to the point of being practically emblematic of the Smash speculation scene as a whole, and as much as the naysayers like to bring down the hammer with "nobody knows who he is," the truth is that many Smash fans do know him and quietly sympathize with us, mostly due to our efforts.
I think that's something.
I think we ought to start reaching out to other forums, livestream chats, and social media to normalize support of Geno. Not in the ostentatious way that drove people away back in the Brawl days, but in the way other fanbases express support for their characters -- mention Geno in most-wanted threads, cry out support during Nintendo directs, speak of him as a serious contender. And be measured and mature about it when the haters come.

Should we letter-bomb Square again?

Given the game's already announced and likely finalized, though, I hope that isn't too little, too late...

Last edited:

Card

Smash Lord
Hey Geno fans, I noticed something interesting today in Bowser's character video from the official website;

The theme song they chose to use for Bowser... correct me if I am wrong, but that's Bowser's theme song from Super Mario RPG, isn't it? I don't believe that theme song has appeared in any other game, right?

Interesting that they would have picked the song from that game, no?

Don't give up hope! I'm with you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom