• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The actual dlc roster's likely to be pretty different than people think. imo.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Something I feel like should be brought up regarding the leak list is that other than issues other people have brought up these past couple of weeks is something pertaining to Doomguy/Marine. As many people know a new Mortal Kombat game is being released in April. It’s a forgone conclusion that there will be DLC fighters accompanying those in the main game. One of the most popular requests at this point is Doomguy. Ed Boon, one of the MK creators and director of the game gave this response on Twitter when asked about that character specifically:
https://mobile.twitter.com/doom/status/1073596282764226560?lang=en

Notice the actual Twitter account for Doom responded as well. This seems to hint pretty heavily that Doomguy will be DLC in MK11. If that’s the case then I’m incredibly skeptical that he’d also be in SSBU as DLC. And really doesn’t the protagonist of Doom showing up in MK make a lot more sense than Smash Bros.? He can be as violent as he needs to be there whereas in Smash it’d be a very neutered version of the character. If I were Bethesda I’d definitely be more inclined to feature the character in MK because of this. And if that’s the case then the “leaked” list is likely bull****. Again other people have pointed out other holes in the leak, but I still feel like this is worth highlighting.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something I feel like should be brought up regarding the leak list is that other than issues other people have brought up these past couple of weeks is something pertaining to Doomguy/Marine. As many people know a new Mortal Kombat game is being released in April. It’s a forgone conclusion that there will be DLC fighters accompanying those in the main game. One of the most popular requests at this point is Doomguy. Ed Boon, one of the MK creators and director of the game gave this response on Twitter when asked about that character specifically:
https://mobile.twitter.com/doom/status/1073596282764226560?lang=en

Notice the actual Twitter account for Doom responded as well. This seems to hint pretty heavily that Doomguy will be DLC in MK11. If that’s the case then I’m incredibly skeptical that he’d also be in SSBU as DLC. And really doesn’t the protagonist of Doom showing up in MK make a lot more sense than Smash Bros.? He can be as violent as he needs to be there whereas in Smash it’d be a very neutered version of the character. If I were Bethesda I’d definitely be more inclined to feature the character in MK because of this. And if that’s the case then the “leaked” list is likely bull****. Again other people have pointed out other holes in the leak, but I still feel like this is worth highlighting.
At a glance it would make sense for Doomguy to fit into a game like MK with all it's gore. But Doom was always characterized by it's fast gameplay and maneuverability. MK is kinda a slow game, so it's not as one to one as you would think. This question has been thrown around the Doomguy thread a lot, and its usually agreed upon that a Smash inclusion would actually be more faithful than a MK inclusion. Whether or not this tweet is a hint does have me curious though, as I am not sure if this sort of hint has been done before. It's not like companies interacting with other companies on twitter for no reason other than being mentioned is a new thing.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
The actual dlc roster's likely to be pretty different than people think. imo.
Not to mention that we have nothing going for us statistically. Everyone is here was unexpected, Ridley was unexpected, Piranha Plant was unexpected, Joker was unexpected; we don't really have anything going for us. We thought the DLC roster would include people like Sylux, Adeleine, and Porky, and now it's looking like Erdrick, Steve, and maybe Lloyd. The odds are not in our favor, and there's really nothing we can do about that.

On another note...

The Smash community is falling victim to our inextinguishable curiosity, and we're beginning to view certain characters as more likely with nothing actually suggesting them. To add on to that, we haven't had any largely convincing leaks about the DLC, and with Nintendo being more cautious after the very many leaks of Smash 4, we probably won't have a clue about the DLC for a very long time, maybe ever. But that's all the more reason to remain optimistic. Almost everyone has a fair shot of getting in the game, and it'd be foolish to assume that the DLC is likely to have x character based on nothing more than a few people's word. Giving up now when the possibilities are near infinite is definitely a waste, and I think we should hold together as a community and continue our support for Geno until Nintendo squeezes every last ounce of content into the game.

So yeah don't hold a few people's uncorroborated word as truth, especially when our best guesses are just that: guesses.

domriver

Smash Lord
Not to mention that we have nothing going for us statistically. Everyone is here was unexpected, Ridley was unexpected, Piranha Plant was unexpected, Joker was unexpected; we don't really have anything going for us. We thought the DLC roster would include people like Sylux, Adeleine, and Porky, and now it's looking like Erdrick, Steve, and maybe Lloyd. The odds are not in our favor, and there's really nothing we can do about that.

On another note...

The Smash community is falling victim to our inextinguishable curiosity, and we're beginning to view certain characters as more likely with nothing actually suggesting them. To add on to that, we haven't had any largely convincing leaks about the DLC, and with Nintendo being more cautious after the very many leaks of Smash 4, we probably won't have a clue about the DLC for a very long time, maybe ever. But that's all the more reason to remain optimistic. Almost everyone has a fair shot of getting in the game, and it'd be foolish to assume that the DLC is likely to have x character based on nothing more than a few people's word. Giving up now when the possibilities are near infinite is definitely a waste, and I think we should hold together as a community and continue our support for Geno until Nintendo squeezes every last ounce of content into the game.

So yeah don't hold a few people's uncorroborated word as truth, especially when our best guesses are just that: guesses.
well said.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, so what we learned about height today just makes me even more confident in its importance. Think about it like this:
height seems to reflect how tall a character is in some way. Falcon is 18 and peach is 17, and falcon is slightly taller. Mario is 14 and ness is 13, and mario is slightly taller. Luigi and cloud are both 15, and they are even in almost all positions. If you line the characters up by height, they go from tallest to shortest or vice versa almost perfectly.

Since height does not directly enlarge or compress a model, my guess is that it is used in some sort of calc or is referenced somewhere else in the game's code. It clearly reflects a character's height accurately, so it serves some sort of purpose. This is even better for it being important because it goes to show that characters who are given their height stat DO intentionally meet their height. Before, those arguing against the height stat said that it affected the model so we wouldn't know until we see a model, but now we know it just straight up represents a character's height in general and is likely added there for use in some other calculations or function calls.

All in all, think of characters whose models you believe would be about as tall as Ness or Lucas', and just slightly shorter than Mario.
Don’t mind me. I’m just dropping this here for you guys to read.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Psy this hurts me so bad you don't even know

Mainly because I highly doubt it's Geno and I'm a terrible pessimist

but GOD do the height stats and other stats fit him to a T, discounting moveset

I am in pain, guys. I am dying.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Hey. I figured I give this thread something to talk about now that we apparently have this height thing sorted out.

Don’t jump to any conclusions though, we still don’t know for sure who Brave is yet.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
PLEASE DON'T PANIC likeme
I'm still beliving it's Kid Erdrick tho, but I wouldn't mind if Nintendo decided to punch me in the face with an old puppet from a 23 yo game, just saying

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
For good or for bad; we WILL most likely know who it is tomorrow; if we are getting a reveal. Polar get's the script a day ahead of time. Compared to how much waiting we've had to do before; that's not long at all.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
For good or for bad; we WILL most likely know who it is tomorrow; if we are getting a reveal. Polar get's the script a day ahead of time. Compared to how much waiting we've had to do before; that's not long at all.
No, lol? The next Direct might not even have anything on any characters, and in fact, I'd say it most likely won't. I don't know where the 'most likely tomorrow' comes from, and Polar doesn't get the full script. That's his source, not Polar themselves, and that doesn't mean Polar will outright tell us.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No, lol? The next Direct might not even have anything on any characters, and in fact, I'd say it most likely won't. I don't know where the 'most likely tomorrow' comes from, and Polar doesn't get the full script. That's his source, not Polar themselves, and that doesn't mean Polar will outright tell us.
???????I literally said "IF" we are getting a reveal. Don't jump at my throat; okay?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Yeah, but expect an announce tomorrow (Since holy Wednesday), if not, then no direct on january. Anyways, I would expect a direct on March 9th

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hey, so this isn't Smash or Geno related at all but did you hear that Mario Tennis Aces was datamined and in the files was evidence of Link as a playable character? He was already in Mario Kart so I'm won't be suprised if he gets into another Mario spinoff.
**Link smacks ball** "HEEEYAAAHH!!!"
Oh, I'd have been infuriated if that ended up happening lmao. Now that is just evil.
It did happen before in a fake Mario Tennis Aces character leak. Geno was on that DLC character list for Mario Tennis Aces, but it was sadly fake. If it was real, I would've gotten the game just for Geno.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah, but expect an announce tomorrow (Since holy Wednesday), if not, then no direct on january. Anyways, I would expect a direct on March 9th
I’m not sure most Nintendo fans, especially the ones speculating on this site, can go much longer without a Direct.

But yeah, tomorrow is gonna be a good indicator of whether or not we get a Direct in January.

Whether we actually get another Smash reveal is a different situation entirely.

D

Deleted member

If I'm not mistaken, Polar thinks the brave reveal is fairly likely in a January Direct

Last edited by a moderator:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Polar said that he think there is a good chance that Brave will be announced in the next January direct, its not a lock though of course.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So the height is just right below Mario and the same size as Lucas? Put Mario at 14, Lucas at 13. So that means Brave is at a 13?
If I'm not mistaken, Polar thinks the brave reveal is fairly likely in a January Direct
I don't mind waiting even if our next Direct is in February or March. If it's a Nintendo Direct and there is a plan to reveal the next DLC character, they could reveal it at the beginning like they did with Mewtwo, or reveal them at the end. Perhaps they'll reveal Joker at the beginning of the Direct, like they did with Mewtwo, and he gets his splash screen, then they show his gameplay, and then that's the beginning of the Direct. Maybe at the end of the Direct, they show some Metroid Prime 4 or reveal/tease the next DLC character. Whatever it is, I hope it's worth watching.
It's okay, I got you.

D

Deleted member

So the height is just right below Mario and the same size as Lucas? Put Mario at 14, Lucas at 13. So that means Brave is at a 13?

I don't mind waiting even if our next Direct is in February or March. If it's a Nintendo Direct and there is a plan to reveal the next DLC character, they could reveal it at the beginning like they did with Mewtwo, or reveal them at the end. Perhaps they'll reveal Joker at the beginning of the Direct, like they did with Mewtwo, and he gets his splash screen, then they show his gameplay, and then that's the beginning of the Direct. Maybe at the end of the Direct, they show some Metroid Prime 4 or reveal/tease the next DLC character. Whatever it is, I hope it's worth watching.

It's okay, I got you.

I need it to be worth watching

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
He has no motive to lie to us lmao.
Not that I ever believed he did, but that's rich coming from you who's claimed even more outrageous stuff of people lying to us for no reason.

Sure, they may know some things but not all. Scripts for directs don't leak. That's text leak territory which is generally fake.

I think you misunderstood the extent if which they can actually leak these things.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Not that I ever believed he did, but that's rich coming from you who's claimed even more outrageous stuff of people lying to us for no reason.

Sure, they may know some things but not all. Scripts for directs don't leak. That's text leak territory which is generally fake.

I think you misunderstood the extent if which they can actually leak these things.
I've been told clear as day from Fatman multiple times that Polar's source gets the script to the direct about a day before it occurs. I'm not misconstruing information; it's pretty crazy; but it's true.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It's okay, I got you.

Yes. Brave would have a height of approximately 13.

There could be a hidden decimal place after that, but the height should be around that mark.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Man, this wait is getting crazy. I both love and hate the feeling of anticipating a new Direct, Smash news or no.

The question is, are we BRAVE enough to face the news? :4pacman:

In the meantime, I'm playing the Bowser's Inside Story remake. This is the first time I've played BIS. The only other Mario and Luigi game I've played is the original Superstar Saga.

I like the Bowser segments. However, I find this game much harder than Mario RPG or any of the Paper Mario games, mainly due to the different battle system. I have no problem telling you all that I need to get gud at this game, as I find the dodging mechanics for the bros difficult, especially when there are attacks that spin around both of them. Like, there's a bug boss somewhat early on in the game that shoots a long web at you, and if you don't jump over it in time, it eats whichever brother and shoots them at the other one. I swear I tried hitting the button in time to jump over the web every single time, but I almost always got eaten. The obvious answer is that I suck, obviously, but I also feel like I have trouble with perspective? I dunno. Geno, help me!

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
This talk of game "theories" and the heights of Smash characters reminds me of reading about an old Game Theory video saying Wario was 10 feet tall.
Because obviously.

D

Deleted member

This talk of game "theories" and the heights of Smash characters reminds me of reading about an old Game Theory video saying Wario was 10 feet tall.
Because obviously.
Geno is 20 feet tall /s

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mean this with as least venom as I can: I truly think Erdrick would make a great Mii Costume
I'm really not trying to rile you up by saying this, but you've spent the better part of the past month absolutely arguing against Dragon Quest in Smash. I feel like saying something like this is the kind of thing people will definitely take as a further proof of you being so focused on Geno. You're allowed to believe whatever, but I think it's in your best interest to stay pretty consistent on the hard line you've spent so long putting forward.

Anyways, I like that Geno is somewhat back in the conversation, though I still mostly think Brave means exactly what it always did, "Another character exists." All this theory crafting around the character has gotten boring and means basically nothing I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom