• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I will say, you guys are really lucky Geno wasn’t made into an Assist Trophy. Us Shadow fans have given up a lot of hope for now.
Even though I did not show support, I was truly sad for that. I know that pain.

Ya'll probably notices, but Geno is using the Mushroom Icon

Straight up Mario character
*looks back at picture* I had not noticed that!
So IF Geno is the Square Rep, would his Icon be the Mushroom still or changed?

D

Deleted member

I will say, you guys are really lucky Geno wasn’t made into an Assist Trophy. Us Shadow fans have given up a lot of hope for now.
It's such a shame he is an assist, he is one of the best choices for an echo fighter, he would have been so cool, that was such a missed opportunity imo. Hopefully he can join in a future Smash game, or if assist trophies can be promoted in a potential future DLC wave, they can include him

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Ya'll probably noticed, but Geno is using the Mushroom Icon

Straight up Mario character
Hm..I wonder if that’s a good or bad thing for his chances of being DLC On one hand Geno likely wouldn’t have gotten this far had it not Been that he’s tied to the Mario series but on the other Hand Pirahna plant is a Mario character which might feel a little redundant to some.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
It's such a shame he is an assist, he is one of the best choices for an echo fighter, he would have been so cool, that was such a missed opportunity imo. Hopefully he can join in a future Smash game, or if assist trophies can be promoted in a potential future DLC wave, they can include him
A Promotion Wave 2 with Waluigi, Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid and Ashley.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hm..I wonder if that’s a good or bad thing for his chances of being DLC On one hand Geno likely wouldn’t have gotten this far had it not Been that he’s tied to the Mario series but on the other Hand Pirahna plant is a Mario character which might feel a little redundant to some.
I don't know, if there is any series that can get away with 2 reps in a row, it would be the Mario series.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Another Mario character being redundant to us absolutely does not matter don't worry

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
IMO That's pretty much a Detail, I don't see people getting on nerves and screaming just because "2 mario reps in a row".

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That is kind of what I am worrying about myself. It is neat to see him be recognized as a Mario Character, but yeah...it feels kind of weird.

Although, having the Piranha Plant being a Bonus kind of helps a bit. Not considered among the 5 chosen DLC. AND would make sense to have PP to be released along with Geno (If it is Geno) for a SMRPG stage.

EDIT: And Mario would have just as many characters as Pokemon (If Pokemon in Poke Trainer are counted separately) has. Alright, slight step back, but coming back into Geno hype.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucina and Robin were revealed at the same time in Smash 4, and at that time echo fighters weren't a thing, so each character took up a spot on the roster. I don't see the problem with revealing Geno after Piranha Plant, especially since Piranha Plant actually has some moves that are similar to other characters on the roster. And PP is just a bonus, and I think he was intended to be in the base game, but they didn't have time to finish it, so just made it DLC, and free for almost two months after the game comes out

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Poisoned Bowser should be an alternate costume in smash. Purple and green look so good together
You can say that again! It seems that our favorite Ridley also follows the colors of poison Bowser, as well! I really like poison Geno, scarecrow Geno, and poison Mallow, too. I love these colors!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Lucina and Robin were revealed at the same time in Smash 4, and at that time echo fighters weren't a thing, so each character took up a spot on the roster.
Not really, Lucina probably took about as much time as any other Echo, so I would not say she took up a spot. Same goes for any clone character.

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Another Mario character being redundant to us absolutely does not matter don't worry
I mean while I personally wouldn’t find it redundant If any series could get away with it, It’s Mario but some people just like to complain like how some people found adding Incineroar redundant or adding Corrin was redundant. Just throwing ideas out there

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean while I personally wouldn’t find it redundant If any series could get away with it, It’s Mario but some people just like to complain like how some people found adding Incineroar redundant or adding Corrin was redundant. Just throwing ideas out there
And it's never stopped Nintendo, has it?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Oh my God! People used that argument in the past and it happened anyway...Now Geno is considered by Nintendo and Square (I guess?) as a Mario character.

Soon people will say "They wouldn't add TWO Mario Characters. That is redundant!"

Hehehehehahahaha! Oh man, if he is the Square Rep, this will be hilarious.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I guess, but that almost seems unavoidable. Did not help that those two were not particularly popular requests.

D

Deleted member

Not really, Lucina probably took about as much time as any other Echo, so I would not say she took up a spot. Same goes for any clone character.
No, I just mean on the roster. In Ultimate, echo fighters don't have to take up a spot on the roster, but they did have to in Smash 4. What also helps is that Piranha Plant has moves that resemble other moves of characters on the roster, so he probably didn't/won't take up as much development time as other characters. And PP is a bonus anyway, so this doesn't lower Geno's chances at all

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, I just mean on the roster. In Ultimate, echo fighters don't have to take up a spot on the roster, but they did have to in Smash 4. What also helps is that Piranha Plant has moves that resemble other moves of characters on the roster, so he probably didn't/won't take up as much development time as other characters. And PP is a bonus anyway, so this doesn't lower Geno's chances at all
Eh, I don't know about the similar move thing(PP is kinda bizarre in that department), but I do think his status as a bonus helps us out a bit.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I don't know about the similar move thing(PP is kinda bizarre in that department), but I do think his status as a bonus helps us out a bit.
True. It is weird though, but I hope either Cloud or Piranha Plant dies in Geno's reveal trailer XD

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I just thought of a reveal idea!

We are in the perspective of a Spirit floating around. Dark aura around the screen. We look over and see several trophies on the ground. We see Mario, Bowser, Peach, Kirby and Sheik.

The Spirit goes over each one....starts to hover over Sheik. Soon the normal Spirit noise slowly gets replaced with a sparkle like noise, almost like a twinkle.

From its perspective, the dark aura around the screen starts to brighten up and we see a hidden trophy. The Spirit makes its way to it and we see a bright flash of light...

Geno brings the light!

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I just thought of a reveal idea!

We are in the perspective of a Spirit floating around. Dark aura around the screen. We look over and see several trophies on the ground. We see Mario, Bowser, Peach, Kirby and Sheik.

The Spirit goes over each one....starts to hover over Sheik. Soon the normal Spirit noise slowly gets replaced with a sparkle like noise, almost like a twinkle.

From its perspective, the dark aura around the screen starts to brighten up and we see a hidden trophy. The Spirit makes its way to it and we see a bright flash of light...

Geno brings the light!
Honestly Aug it's far too meta

My issue with this is that it could fit just about any Spirit

I think a Geno trailer should be, well...Geno

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Then I have to ask, do you know of Super Mario Bros Z?
Super Mario Bros. Z was the ****! I remember watching it back in 2007, but damn, I was so sad after I found out it got cancelled in 2010. Episode 9 Scene 1... I didn't even find out it was cancelled until a year after 2010, I was just casually waiting on scene 2 for nothing. I was so happy it got rebooted, but here we go again, Alvin didn't want to remake all of it anymore. Poor dude got depression again. If Alvin was still doing the SMBZ reboot today, no doubt we would be on the episode where Mario and the team fights the Koopa Brothers and Axem Rangers X on Yoshi's Island; and if he was still continuing the original SMBZ, I think we he would've finished season 1 by then and moved on to making the 2nd season. The great thing about SMBZ is that they feature Mario RPG characters, too, and season 2 of SMBZ was going to be all about Smithy as the main antagonist. There is no doubt that we DEFINITELY would've seen Geno and Mallow in SMBZ Season 2.

I don't think we'll ever see any good flash sprite animations anymore; they were just in their prime before 2011, but flash animations these days just don't have any effort or nobody makes them anymore. Luckily the creator of Final Fantasy Sonic X returned 9 years later and is continuing his flash game/series! I'm still waiting for MidNightMaren to continue his Sonic RPG series; he said he's still working on it, but they haven't released anything new since 2013, and this was a sprite flash game/series that started back in 2005.
Agreed. But what makes me laugh is when people count Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, and Wario as Mario characters, or when they say, "There's too many Mario reps!" Well no ****, Mario is literally the face of Nintendo, what did you expect? And even Yoshi isn't part of the Mario reps, he's somehow part of his own series. Adding Incineroar or a Gen 7 rep at all is fine; we have to remember that Mario, Pokémon, and The Legend of Zelda are the big three of Nintendo, they should be getting the most representation in Smash, so hopefully we do see a Zelda rep as DLC. Pokémon even has more reps than Mario, do I see any problem with that? Hell no! Pokémon is Nintendo's 2nd biggest franchise, I'm happy they're being represented a lot! Most assume that Corrin was Nintendo's decision, because Sakurai said we have too many FE reps, and Corrin seemed more like a promotional move. Just saying, if Nintendo is choosing, I would expect to see a FE: Three Houses rep as DLC. We currently have 9 Mario reps, including Piranha Plant, but if Geno is the next Mario rep, that would make 10 and I don't see anymore Mario reps after that.

Someone mentioned Piranha Plant's stage would be part of the SMRPG stage if Geno is next, I can actually see that! Good thinking, whoever that was!

Fun fact: If Kamek or Poochy got in Smash, they'd actually be a Yoshi rep. (They'd get the Yoshi egg symbol).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DLC might not really get a trailer. Or something on the tier of Piranha Plant...

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly, at this point, enough hype has spread around these last few months that if the Square character isn’t Geno or Sora, there’s going to be a massive ****show.

For the entire hype season, it’s been a battle between those two, with DQ seen as a worst-case scenario and Sephiroth/Crono barely even brought up. If one got in, the fanbase of the other would inevitably be annoyed/disappointed/mad, but in an overall manageable way.

But if Sephiroth/DQ/Crono gets in instead? Well, the vast majority of people from these two warring factions would inevitably come together in their disappointment and anger, which certainly has the capability to cause quite a stir. You can talk about Crono’s storied history all you want, but I honestly think that even he’d have trouble getting over a barrage of points like:

“An obscure Square character that only ever appeared in a single game with a couple ports... and not the one people wanted.”
“Another goddamn anime swordfighter with magic... and also not the one people wanted.”
“An Akira Toriyama character... but not the one people wanted.”
“After everything that happened with the Grinch leak showing support for long-standing requests, they debut the pass with... a character that the fanbase didn’t particularly want.”

Of course, news sites and RPG fans would likely welcome his reveal with relatively open arms, but considering all of the above points, I legitimately have trouble thinking that he’ll go over all that well with the more dedicated Smash crowd, albeit mostly because of the “anime swordsman” thing. After everything that’s happened with FE, I just can’t see them opening this pass up with an anime swordsman(or it actually being well-received if they do), which certainly works in Geno’s favor.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly Aug it's far too meta

My issue with this is that it could fit just about any Spirit

I think a Geno trailer should be, well...Geno
What about this. It makes sense that there is likely to be no animated character trailers for any of these DLC characters. The Smash DLC likely does not have the time or the budget.

So what if the Smash tease was not apart of the Smash DLC team?

What if they revealed a SMRPG Remaster, had the whole trailer play out showcasing the new cutscenes and how the characters play on the modern battlefield, putting special attention to the likes of Mallow and Geno in all of there updated glory. Then, at the very end, they hit everyone with a wham shot that hints at Geno's inclusion as a fighter in Smash, likely by showing the letter. It would certainly assist the marketing of both games while also showing that Geno is in Smash through a method more interesting and note worthy than T-posing. And for people unaware of Geno, they still would get a good idea of his abilities through the gameplay snippets they saw earlier. That, to me, would be the perfect scenario.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
i was definitely hoping for metal sonic over shadow but it does suck that he was hard deconfirmed like that
I don't think Square would allow Cloud to die on screen, all things considered.
they let his personality die in kingdom hearts, i dont see why they wouldnt let him die in world of light :yeahboi:
i swear to god i will never waste time checking if someone replied before i start talking again because the double posting rule is dumb and stinky

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, at this point, enough hype has spread around these last few months that if the Square character isn’t Geno or Sora, there’s going to be a massive ****show.

For the entire hype season, it’s been a battle between those two, with DQ seen as a worst-case scenario and Sephiroth/Crono barely even brought up. If one got in, the fanbase of the other would inevitably be annoyed/disappointed/mad, but in an overall manageable way.

But if Sephiroth/DQ/Crono gets in instead? Well, the vast majority of people from these two warring factions would inevitably come together in their disappointment and anger, which certainly has the capability to cause quite a stir. You can talk about Crono’s storied history all you want, but I honestly think that even he’d have trouble getting over a barrage of points like:

“An obscure Square character that only ever appeared in a single game with a couple ports... and not the one people wanted.”
“Another goddamn anime swordfighter with magic... and also not the one people wanted.”
“An Akira Toriyama character... but not the one people wanted.”
“After everything that happened with the Grinch leak showing support for long-standing requests, they debut the pass with... a character that the fanbase didn’t particularly want.”

Of course, news sites and RPG fans would likely welcome his reveal with relatively open arms, but considering all the above points I legitimately have trouble thinking that he’ll go over all that well with the more dedicated Smash crowd, albeit mostly because of the “anime swordsman” thing. After everything that’s happened with FE, I just can’t see them opening this pass up with an anime swordsman(or it actually being well-received if they do), which certainly works in Geno’s favor.
These points are exactly why I picked Geno in my hypothetical "NoJ" list.

What about this. It makes sense that there is likely to be no animated character trailers for any of these DLC characters. The Smash DLC likely does not have the time or the budget.

So what if the Smash tease was not apart of the Smash DLC team?

What if they revealed a SMRPG Remaster, had the whole trailer play out showcasing the new cutscenes and how the characters play on the modern battlefield, putting special attention to the likes of Mallow and Geno in all of there updated glory. Then, at the very end, they hit everyone with a wham shot that hints at Geno's inclusion as a fighter in Smash, likely by showing the letter. It would certainly assist the marketing of both games while also showing that Geno is in Smash through a method more interesting and note worthy than T-posing. And for people unaware of Geno, they still would get a good idea of his abilities through the gameplay snippets they saw earlier. That, to me, would be the perfect scenario.
Did you read that comic???? oooooo if its nothing like that, I don't want a remake haha that was gorgeous Nintendo needs to hire her

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well its off to slumberland for me. Y'all better hype on good terms!

Goodnight GenoBros and GenoGals!

D

Deleted member

Same, I think I'm hitting the hay as well :) Don't reach page 442 of this thread before I wake up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom