• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys, I'm gonna be real talking for a second here.

People who know me tend I try and be a tad bit devil's advocate when it comes to reveals and such. Let me say with genuine excitement, that I have never felt more confident for Geno being next than I am right now.

But there is still a chance Geno isn't next.

I am not telling ANYONE here to not be excited. No, please, get excited, things have NEVER looked so good for him. But also please just remember in the back of your mind that nothing is guarenteed here by any stretch. And if it isn't Geno, we are not remotely out of the game yet. But there may be a chance we will still have to wait, and I want everyone here to at least acknowledge that possibility.

Again, GET excited. Get pumped. But please don't trip down the hill.
Way ahead of you. The world is garbage right now so any hype on my part is officially postponed until we actually have confirmation of a presentation. ****'s exhausting and this is literally the third month in a row of "IT'S HAPPENING?!?" so I'm definitely incredulous that this is a silver bullet that people are insisting that it is.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't disagree. There's certainly a chance that Geno isn't Fighter 7...

... and that's okay, at least for the most part. Geno not being Fighter 7 doesn't mean he's not coming at all. He could still be Fighter 8 or 9.
Agreed. Even if Geno is not next, that still does not mean the next fighter is the end of the road.

That said, what does everyone think of Ryce from ResetERA's sayings about Geno in the near past?

D

Deleted member

Agreed. Even if Geno is not next, that still does not mean the next fighter is the end of the road.

That said, what does everyone think of Ryce from ResetERA's sayings about Geno in the near past?
I’m not so sure of Ryce. I don’t think he leaked anything in the past year or so. Chances are, he’s probably not interested nowadays. I think he’s just speculating like everybody else on ERA.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m not so sure of Ryce. I don’t think he leaked anything in the past year or so. Chances are, he’s probably not interested nowadays. I think he’s just speculating like everybody else on ERA.
Yeah, I thought of that exact thing about him before. Just couldn't help but bring it up for some reason.

Still, if Geno is not next, it still ain't over until the fat lady sings.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the possible news of DLC #7 supposedly coming soon, I just wanted to double check something. Does anyone know what day during each month Nintendo adds games to the SNES virtual console? I'm wondering whether SMRPG could be added alongside/shortly after Geno if he is announced,

MattX20

Smash Hero

People who know me tend I try and be a tad bit devil's advocate when it comes to reveals and such. Let me say with genuine excitement, that I have never felt more confident for Geno being next than I am right now.

I am not telling ANYONE here to not be excited. No, please, get excited, things have NEVER looked so good for him. But also please just remember in the back of your mind that nothing is guarenteed here by any stretch. And if it isn't Geno, we are not remotely out of the game yet. But there may be a chance we will still have to wait, and I want everyone here to at least acknowledge that possibility.

Again, GET excited. Get pumped. But please don't trip down the hill. If we're not next, let whoever else's wish gets granted enjoy their moment.
It is indeed true that Geno has a chance of not being next, but a lot of the evidence that has gathered in the past few months with Square's continued involvement seems to indicate a Square character is next. We'll have to wait and see what happens

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly, whether its Geno or not, I just hope Fighter 7 is a either a very wanted fan favorite or a very significant hype choice to a lot of people. No disrespect intended towards Terry, Byleth, or Min Min as they're all solid in their own ways. However something on the level of popularity like Joker or a very beloved figure like Banjo would really get the energy back onto Smash DLC which just feels like its lost a bit of momentum in the past 9 months.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, whether its Geno or not, I just hope Fighter 7 is a either a very wanted fan favorite or a very significant hype choice to a lot of people. No disrespect intended towards Terry, Byleth, or Min Min as they're all solid in their own ways. However something on the level of popularity like Joker or a very beloved figure like Banjo would really get the energy back onto Smash DLC which just feels like its lost a bit of momentum in the past 9 months.
Precisely. MinMin's a great character, but it wasn't the best decision to put her as the pass opener compared to the surprise reveal like Joker who had instant contemporary 3rd party popularity. Either major fan requests or a massive 3rd party character reveal is going to sell this pass to a lot of people, and unfortunately MinMin's not enough for most people

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Regarding the possible news of DLC #7 supposedly coming soon, I just wanted to double check something. Does anyone know what day during each month Nintendo adds games to the SNES virtual console? I'm wondering whether SMRPG could be added alongside/shortly after Geno if he is announced,
I think the standard is a week after their announcement. For example, the latest batch announced last Tuesday is being added this Tuesday.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, we already got our games for this month releasing Wednesday, so we almost certainly aren't getting another batch until November, unless they decide to do a special thing like they did for Allstars.

Reactions: DIY

MattX20

Smash Hero
Oh hey papagenos papagenos , I assume you've seen the 7/11 ad discussion along with the dates of the previous ones and how close they were to the release dates of the DLC fighters? If not, here it is for reference
:ulthero: :ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4:
7-11 ad end: 4th August 2019
Hero reveal: E3 2019
Hero release: 30th July 2019

:ultbanjokazooie:
7-11 ad end: 15th September 2019
Banjo reveal: E3 2019
Banjo release: 4th September 2019

:ult_terry:
7-11 ad end: No ad available
Terry reveal: 4th September 2019
Terry release: 6th November 2019

:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:
7-11 ad end: 2nd February 2020
Byleth reveal: 16th January 2020
Byleth release: 28th January 2020

:ultminmin
7-11 ad end: 26th April 2020
ARMS fighter rep teaser: 26th March 2020
Min Min reveal: 22nd June 2020
Min Min release: 29th June 2020
Covid-19 had an effect on development.

❔
7-11 ad end: 4th October 2020

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Oh hey papagenos papagenos , I assume you've seen the 7/11 ad discussion along with the dates of the previous ones and how close they were to the release dates of the DLC fighters? If not, here it is for reference
So it can be a crapshoot?
(3/4 the ads did show something)
Damn, my hype levels fell down considerably

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno arriving in March with Mario RPG being added to SNES Online would be a hell of 25h anniversary, albeit with the inconvenience of having to wait another six months for both.
Sounds nice! But I prefer Geno to fit the number 7/77 rather than him being released along the 25° on next March.

Hope Geno shows up soon, maybe in kind of 10 days. This is happening:

GENO VISITS FROM BEYOND!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok, time to pull a "it's all coming together" moment.

Thanks to the news of the 7/11 poster promoting SSBU's Fighters Pass Vol. 2, with the apparent October 4th deadline for the poster, let's not forget that there's a scheduled maintenance set for September 28th. The maintenance will be for:
  • Nintendo eShop (9:30 PM - 11:30 PM)
  • Parent/Guardian Confirmation (9:30 PM - 11:00 PM)
  • Nintendo eShop > Using Credit Card (9:30 PM - 11:00 PM)
Now, there has been the mention of October 8th as potentially being the date in which we'll finally see the release of CP 7 (at least, it's a day that has been speculated), however the alignment of the dates for the maintenance, and the add do seem to point towards the following:
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate CP 7 (or CP 7 and CP 8) reveal/announcement sometime during this week (September 21 - 25)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate CP 7 release during the following week (September 28 - October 2)
As to who could potentially be CP 7 (and CP 8), the numeric order thus far (and as speculated) favors some names:

• CP 7 = Geno; due to his association with the number seven (7) because of his origins in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • CP 8 = Crash Bandicoot; due to Crash Bandicoot 4 actually being the eight (8) main line game in the series
We've actually been since March 2020 without knowing any solid news in regards to the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Despite in March we were informed that CP 6 would be a fighter from the ARMS series, that pretty much was a soft confirm, and it wasn't until June that we knew which specific character it was. Between March and now, it's been about six months without knowing who CP 7 (or even 8) are. If we're getting Smash news within the next two weeks, a double reveal seems likely (Sakurai had previously stated that they were on schedule with development of the Pass). To add, we're still in the month of Super Mario Bros.' 35th Anniversary, and despite the acknowledgment of past Super Mario titles, the absence of SMRPG is jarring. There is NO WAY that Nintendo would overlook what could be considered one of THE best Super Mario games (albeit developed by a third party and is not a platformer) of all time (or at least is regarded as one of THE best RPGs of all time) during this Anniversary.

As for Crash, he has a new game coming out on October 2nd, and his inclusion to Smash (perhaps reveal first in the case that Geno comes out as CP 7) would give a great boost to promote the launch of his game (in addition to what Toys for Bob has done thus far).

It almost feels by this point that we all know where we got the cut, and are just agonizingly waiting to get the band-aid pulled off to finally see the wound healed. In short, the potential scenario could be:
  • September 22nd (23rd in Japan): Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Mini (or brief announcement) revealing CPs 7 and 8
  • September 28th: CP 7 releases
It would follow a similar pattern to Min Min's reveal and release window from back in June, which was pretty much around the end of the month.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yep and, just like that, Pushdustin puts up a lot of arguments that make sense:

TLDR: this coming week is super unlikely and the first week of October isn't looking hot either. Basically he's predicting the 2nd or 3rd week of October for Smash news.
I don't agree with the logic that Pokemon would go first frankly. That's not until November, most likely late November knowing how the last two Gens of Pokemon had their games released, and I imagine the Crown Tundra DLC would follow the same path

QQS

Smash Lord
I can feel Geno in the air tonight (we are at night here)

:3

He is awakening in less than 2 weeks. The cycle is about to close after so long. Geno and Crash would impact the gaming world. Biggest most wanted left (with a few more if you want like Sora or Isaac) with Biggest world mascot left. Both having SMRPG remake and Crash 4. Makes a lot of sense.

T2by4

Smash Lord
hqdefault (6).jpg

Now im nervous that its gonna be travis touchdown. The fact that cacomallow has gone this long, if it isn't geno I may just give up. The only thing keeping me going is his lack of a costume.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I could see Pokemon and even Animal Crossing coming before Smash news simply because we already know about them. Pokemon Ford Tundra was announced in January and New Horizons has technically been teasing its Halloween stuff since February. Like Pushdustin and others have said, Age of Calamity is getting a 50 MINUTE presentation next weekend and there's no way they're going to cockblock it with the attention blackhole that is Smash.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah like I said I didn't expect anything on the week hyrule warriors gets news lol, there's also no maintenance going that week. So far the 3 maintenances that got announced in late august, happened by now, and all of them had announcements each week. Next week has no maintenance, but the last one of the month has, and also october 2nd that last week has the amiibos releasing, so there's gotta be some compatibility update already for that then. If the whole "1 or 2 weeks before the display date" is true for the announcement to happen, then the only week left for that is the very last one of the month, it all falls into place perfectly. I don't really agree with Pushdustin expecting it later than that (the whole "first 3 weeks" of october), but that's just my perspective on the situation, i could be wrong cause that's what smash does best, prove people wrong lol

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I could see Pokemon and even Animal Crossing coming before Smash news simply because we already know about them. Pokemon Ford Tundra was announced in January and New Horizons has technically been teasing its Halloween stuff since February. Like Pushdustin and others have said, Age of Calamity is getting a 50 MINUTE presentation next weekend and there's no way they're going to cockblock it with the attention blackhole that is Smash.
Much like Smash, AC and Pokemon's are DLC or free updates. There's no rush to get out physical material out for them. Plus, both games have had sizable updates in content in the past few months while Smash has been all but bone dry in comparison. The content for the Fighter Pass would be substantially more expensive to negotiate for

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I do think we will get something from Nintendo circa Wednesday or Thursday. Whether or not its Smash I don't know, but the most significant Switch related stuff at TGS will be from MH Rise and Age of Calamity, both of which are happening on the weekend.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'm sure that if FP7 actually does wait until the 3rd week of October, the prediction will be changed to mid-November by then.
Also, Push was diehard on the idea that every character release was preceded by a 7/11 ad but now that it means something positive and optimistic, it means nothing and FP7 actually isn't until mid to late October

I'm so tired

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Again, GET excited. Get pumped. But please don't trip down the hill. If we're not next, let whoever else's wish gets granted enjoy their moment.
You're absolutely right, and don't ever feel bad for having realistic expectations. I think some people in this community **** on others way too hard for tempering said expectations

Like, gee, how many times have we been saying "next week!"? People will **** on Geno fans either way, but this extreme overconfidence is what will make things ten times worse for us if he isn't 7, and i'm getting a little tired of that. The Star Road server in particular had a serious issue with that and I have chosen to avoid it recently as such.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Jesus, come on guys. We get evidence that something is coming sooner than we think and I see people talking about how it's not gonna be Geno or how its not until October.

Nintendo usually has a big Direct in September to announce all the holiday stuff anyway, right? This is just a weird version of that due to delays, that's all.

You're absolutely right, and don't ever feel bad for having realistic expectations. I think some people in this community **** on others way too hard for tempering said expectations

Like, gee, how many times have we been saying "next week!"? People will **** on Geno fans either way, but this extreme overconfidence is what will make things ten times worse for us if he isn't 7, and i'm getting a little tired of that. The Star Road server in particular had a serious issue with that and I have chosen to avoid it recently as such.
See, this is the problem with this 'Hype Responsibly' narrative. You think everyone should be tempering their expectations and that we shouldn't get too hype just in case we are wrong...well, what's so bad about being wrong? Fun fact: Humans make tons of mistakes everyday, you can't avoid them, you can only do your best and move on. So, like in my video where I criticized this mindset, why in the hell would you live everyday looking at life expecting the worst and being a negative Nancy when you can be an optimist and just accept being wrong every now and then.

What's the worst that happens? Geno comes later? I mean, he's coming no matter what, so who cares if we wait a bit longer.

You end up being wrong? Everyone is wrong a lot in their lives, so who cares! Accept the loss and move on.

Stupid internet people will make fun of you? Who gives a **** about what they say in the long run. They are random nobodies wasting precious time being a jackass to a group of solid folk on the internet to make themselves feel better. Frankly, I think you should feel bad for them.

The thing is, you cover up being pessimistic by coating it as 'realistic' when you are actually being unrealistic considering all the evidence we have in our favor here. Hell, we just got proof that something is likely happening late this week or early next and people are already talking about mid-October and playing the 'woe is me, guess we'll say the same in November, haha funny but not really I'm irritated and depressed help me' card.

Also, I know about your situation on Star Road, and you are framing it way differently from what actually happened because you took things the wrong way.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Jesus, come on guys. We get evidence that something is coming sooner than we think and I see people talking about how it's not gonna be Geno or how its not until October.

Nintendo usually has a big Direct in September to announce all the holiday stuff anyway, right? This is just a weird version of that due to delays, that's all.
Hell, FP7 probably wasn't even meant for the September direct, it was probably meant for E3 2020 before that got canned. Yet I see people saying Gen 8 Pokemon and stuff like that as if Min Min and Urshifu as our E3 2020 reveals wouldn't have caused riots lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
Bro, I completely missed this 7/11 ad. This is what happens when you're playing too much 3D Mario. Is it too early to say that a CP7 reveal soon is imminent?
The likelihood of a September reveal is very strong with this ad's existence. Most likely, if not this week, then definitely next week for sure if they want to reveal FP7 before the ad is taken down

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace

Are you the same Star from Star Road? I miss you :(

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
We've gotten so many "hints" and "signs" that Fighter 7 is close to being revealed, from the "New" tab on the Smash website disappearing, to the insider teasing, to all the maintenance periods, to all the rumored stuff like that Super Mario RPG remake...

Dear God, in the name of heaven and everything holy, please let this 7/11 ad be our last stop before the actual reveal.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We've gotten so many "hints" and "signs" that Fighter 7 is close to being revealed, from the "New" tab on the Smash website disappearing, to the insider teasing, to all the maintenance periods, to all the rumored stuff like that Super Mario RPG remake...

Dear God, in the name of heaven and everything holy, please let this 7/11 ad be our last stop before the actual reveal.
You and the rest of us in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom