• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just for the sake of entertaining the blurred image that HGV twitter posted,

puts on tinfoil hat

What if CP 7 turns out to be the Doom Slayer, and when they showcase the wave of Mii Costumes coming along with him, the EXACT Cacodemon hat from the CacoMallow leak appears (with Mii Gunner using the exact same costume from that past image)? It wouldn't be Geno, but with those revelations he'd be GUARANTEED.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I can't really see myself buying into something legitimately being 'leaked' by someone who just throws HashtagNintendoLeaks right onto their twitter handle like that. Seems very 'Come at me, Bro!' and is practically begging for legal trouble.

That said, the image that comprises the left side of the "leak" seems very, uh... picturesque... Something about the shape of it makes me wildly uncomfortable. I suspect this to be a troll, and nothing more than that.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Time to binge-watch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character reveal reactions in preparation for whatever may happen in the coming days. :nifty:
Real talk, since this whole pandemic & quarantining started, it has caused my depression & anxiety to go through the roof more than usual, and watching back everyone's reaction videos to Smash reveals have been a thing that helps. From all of Etika's videos, RogerBase crying when "Everyone is Here!" hit, MissClick Gaming when Isabelle was revealed, Andre the Black Nerd laughing like crazy on Piranha Plants reveal, MurderOfBirds losing it when Joker was announced at the VGA's & everyone exploding at Banjo-Kazooie, they've all really helped settling the nerves & reminding me that there's still some good & joy in the world.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So... couple things people aren't mentioning seemingly because the thread would rather focus on Hotgirl again despite literally being wrong a day ago. More to do with when ISN'T the Smash reveal than is.

• BIG PS5 Showcase for Wednesday. Not saying to entirely rule it out but makes that day seem A LOT less likely for any kind of potential reveal.
  • Dusk_Golem_PS5_Event_first_half_of_September_Silent_Hill_is_still_in_dev_Monster_Hunter_Switch...png
    Shinobi (yes, that one) is claiming Monster Hunter Switch is getting revealed ahead of Tokyo Game Show. So given Capcom's TGS panel is the 25th that gives them 13 days or so. Given that Monster Hunter is unarguably Capcom's biggest franchise at the moment, (World sold atleast 15.5 million and the expansion 5.5 million, the best selling title Capcom has ever released, and in just 2 and a half years.) that seems like the kind of thing Nintendo would try and capitalize on revealing right? In some kind of... Partner Showcase? Well, I don't think it's this week, since that would still only be three weeks after the last one, but the week after makes sense and slots in at the back of the month like the first two showcases, and that would also rule out the week of the 21st for any Smash reveal. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Real talk, since this whole pandemic & quarantining started, it has caused my depression & anxiety to go through the roof more than usual, and watching back everyone's reaction videos to Smash reveals have been a thing that helps. From all of Etika's videos, RogerBase crying when "Everyone is Here!" hit, MissClick Gaming when Isabelle was revealed, Andre the Black Nerd laughing like crazy on Piranha Plants reveal, MurderOfBirds losing it when Joker was announced at the VGA's & everyone exploding at Banjo-Kazooie, they've all really helped settling the nerves & reminding me that there's still some good & joy in the world.
The Banjo reveal (and the reactions to it) still bring me immense amounts of joy. It was just a moment of pure happiness, a rare treat these days.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So... couple things people aren't mentioning seemingly because the thread would rather focus on Hotgirl again despite literally being wrong a day ago. More to do with when ISN'T the Smash reveal than is.

• BIG PS5 Showcase for Wednesday. Not saying to entirely rule it out but makes that day seem A LOT less likely for any kind of potential reveal.
  • View attachment 285363 Shinobi (yes, that one) is claiming Monster Hunter Switch is getting revealed ahead of Tokyo Game Show. So given Capcom's TGS panel is the 25th that gives them 13 days or so. Given that Monster Hunter is unarguably Capcom's biggest franchise at the moment, (World sold atleast 15.5 million and the expansion 5.5 million, the best selling title Capcom has ever released, and in just 2 and a half years.) that seems like the kind of thing Nintendo would try and capitalize on revealing right? In some kind of... Partner Showcase? Well, I don't think it's this week, since that would still only be three weeks after the last one, but the week after makes sense and slots in at the back of the month like the first two showcases, and that would also rule out the week of the 21st for any Smash reveal. Hmmmm.
What did she get wrong? I remember looking at this thread ths other day and seeing people that she called the mario kart thing and one other announcement. What did she get wrong?

Droodle

Smash Lord

• View attachment 285363 Shinobi (yes, that one) is claiming Monster Hunter Switch is getting revealed ahead of Tokyo Game Show. So given Capcom's TGS panel is the 25th that gives them 13 days or so. Given that Monster Hunter is unarguably Capcom's biggest franchise at the moment, (World sold atleast 15.5 million and the expansion 5.5 million, the best selling title Capcom has ever released in just 2 and a half years.) that seems like the kind of thing Nintendo would try and capitalize on revealing right? In some kind of... Partner Showcase? Well, I don't think it's this week, since that would still only be three weeks after the last one, but the week after makes sense and slots in at the back of the month like the first two showcases, and that would also rule out the week of the 21st for any Smash reveal. Hmmmm.
Darn, was just going to post this. Foiled again. But yeah, assuming Nintendo's weekly strategy continues, I can see some sort of partner presentation OR a full blown Monster Hunter Direct, next week. We know that in JP Nintendo pushed the 3DS MH games extremely hard, and I'd see the same for the Switch. So unless 7 ends up being Monster Hunter, chances are that they'll save 7's reveal for around the 24th with a release at the end of the month/early next month.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What did she get wrong? I remember looking at this thread ths other day and seeing people that she called the mario kart thing and one other announcement. What did she get wrong?
She said that there was going to be a Nintendo announcement of some sort yesterday; there wasn't.

There are plenty of other cases where she got claims like this wrong, but it's hard to find sources because she seemingly deletes every claim that doesn't pan out.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
In fairness, it was mentioned a few times in the thread that she didn't really get anything wrong the other day; All she did was like the tweet of someone's best guess for what was gonna happen, and people ran away with that as all but being confirmed that she was backing it. But, outright stating that a reveal was coming, that wasn't something she herself did.

She seems to get things correct a little less than half the time, which doesn't exactly make her reliable, but it doesn't write her off as being one hundred percent wrong, which is probably why she gets brought up a lot. It's a very weird, awkward position. Kind of frustrating, in all honesty.

Personally, I think she knows some things, but most likely tries to fill the blanks on her own, which can be more miss than hit.

I will say, with the picture hint being about 30% of being real, and the fact that shinobi is confirming a MH Switch reveal soon, I actually wonder if we're leading up to the game + a smash reveal for Monster Hunter. I don't necessarily care for this idea, personally, so I'm hoping that the picture leak has nothing to do with Smash at all (genuinely, she didn't even say smash, the picture just says "soon", so she may just be talking about the actual Monster Hunter for Switch game). Considering that people kept saying that their minds went to 'armor' when examining some portions of that picture leak, I almost want to say Monster Hunter is the angle, here. But, in regards to what, I haven't a clue. And this is assuming there's even legitimacy to that post to begin with.

This is just my line of thoughts, anyway.

EDIT: Also, yes, happy 3300 pages, and also, my 300th post! Lots of good little 3's and 0's, whoop whoop. :geno::geno::geno::geno:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just because Sony is doing a PS5 showcase should not be an argument to deconfirm a Smash reveal. Full blown directs maybe, but not Smash reveals

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Darn, was just going to post this. Foiled again. But yeah, assuming Nintendo's weekly strategy continues, I can see some sort of partner presentation OR a full blown Monster Hunter Direct, next week. We know that in JP Nintendo pushed the 3DS MH games extremely hard, and I'd see the same for the Switch. So unless 7 ends up being Monster Hunter, chances are that they'll save 7's reveal for around the 24th with a release at the end of the month/early next month.
See, but we still have no real reason to rule out this week though, and I still think it's a little too soon for another Partner Showcase. I'm thinking the 17th.

Just because Sony is doing a PS5 showcase should not be an argument to deconfirm a Smash reveal. Full blown directs maybe, but not Smash reveals
I really can't see Nintendo holding a big reveal like that the same day Sony is doing a big showcase like this. They like having their own breathing room.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
See, but we still have no real reason to rule out this week though, and I still think it's a little too soon for another Partner Showcase. I'm thinking the 17th.

I really can't see Nintendo holding a big reveal like that the same day Sony is doing a big showcase like this. They like having their own breathing room.
I meant as using it to deconfirm the entire week. That's not wise to consider

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I meant as using it to deconfirm the entire week. That's not wise to consider
I didn't, I literally said Wednesday and only Wednesday, I'm expecting the reveal on Thursday, I said so in the post you quoted.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman

• View attachment 285363 Shinobi (yes, that one) is claiming Monster Hunter Switch is getting revealed ahead of Tokyo Game Show. So given Capcom's TGS panel is the 25th that gives them 13 days or so. Given that Monster Hunter is unarguably Capcom's biggest franchise at the moment, (World sold atleast 15.5 million and the expansion 5.5 million, the best selling title Capcom has ever released, and in just 2 and a half years.) that seems like the kind of thing Nintendo would try and capitalize on revealing right? In some kind of... Partner Showcase? Well, I don't think it's this week, since that would still only be three weeks after the last one, but the week after makes sense and slots in at the back of the month like the first two showcases, and that would also rule out the week of the 21st for any Smash reveal. Hmmmm.
i do wonder if they will try putting the better received world engine on switch for the new game, or keep using the old 3ds one that has more existing assets that can be reused. given how monster hunter gen X is on switch using the old one, it seems likely they will keep that one on switch, though im not sure how positively the old engine would be received for a new game

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Regarding this alleged "leak" from HGV, perhaps the character could be Kratos? One of the images appears to be a black man's face, and Kratos ' natural skin color is a dark brown. Also, notice how the upper and lower parts of his mouth aren't visible, perhaps to hide his goatee and eye markings.
HGVImg2.jpeg

There's also the third image which looks kind of like his shoulder paldron.
HGVImg3.jpeg
Kratos_God_of_War_III.png

Not sure what the first image could be, though. Maybe it's part of his toga?
HGVImg1.jpeg

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m actually almost confident that picture is just for the new Monster Hunter now if it’s anything at all. Still don’t know how she’d get a screencap, but based on what y’all are saying, yeah it seems like Monster Hunter, especially with that orange armor probably being some armor set from the games or a new one, idk.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Regarding this alleged "leak" from HGV, perhaps the character could be Kratos? One of the images appears to be a black man's face, and Kratos ' natural skin color is a dark brown. Also, notice how the upper and lower parts of his mouth aren't visible, perhaps to hide his goatee and eye markings.
View attachment 285365
View attachment 285366View attachment 285364
View attachment 285367
It could be troll bait. like, a mouth, a shoulder pad and a man with a jacket.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I’m actually almost confident that picture is just for the new Monster Hunter now if it’s anything at all. Still don’t know how she’d get a screencap, but based on what y’all are saying, yeah it seems like Monster Hunter, especially with that orange armor probably being some armor set from the games or a new one, idk.
I've looked through a bunch of Monster Hunter armors and the closest one that matches this image would be the Kula Armor Set, but even then it only somewhat matches the third image, and doesn't match up with the other two at all.
kulu_armor_set_mhw_small.png

I've also considered that it could be Alloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn. It would match up with image 1 well enough, but again it only sort of matches one image. Also, Aloy's color scheme is way too muted.
Aloy.png

It could be troll bait. like, a mouth, a shoulder pad and a man with a jacket.
I've considered that as well, and you're likely right. Especially considering her date for when the next Sakurai Presents would be revealed was wrong.

D

Deleted member

Luz Noceda, Willow Park, and Gus Porter all support Geno in Smash! With Eda, Willow and Gus all in on his inclusion, it's safe to say you can expect more faces from the Boiling Isles to throw in their support!
PicsArt_09-12-02.45.49.jpg
PicsArt_09-12-02.47.21.jpg
PicsArt_09-12-02.54.22.jpg

Musubi

Smash Apprentice

Let's say this person isn't LARP'ing. Who could it be? It's definitely human. I originally thought doomguy with the image on the left looking like lips yelling, but the colors on the right don't seem to match up. I'm stumped.
This definitely isn't it, but the first thing I saw was Booster's nose in the bottom right.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
She said that there was going to be a Nintendo announcement of some sort yesterday; there wasn't.

There are plenty of other cases where she got claims like this wrong, but it's hard to find sources because she seemingly deletes every claim that doesn't pan out.
she didn’t. She asked when does everyone think an announcement is gonna happen and then liked a tweet that said Friday. I know she’s sketchy but you can’t pin that on her and say that’s a leak when it wasn’t

T2by4

Smash Lord
View attachment 285365
View attachment 285366View attachment 285364
View attachment 285367
Honestly that last image kind of reminds me of Lone Star from Spaceballs holding the Schwartz

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It could also be.... a hyper realistic uncanny valley geno. The mouth is just to throw people off scent.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
This is probably just my bias speaking here... but I'm sorely tempted to argue against the rumored Monster Hunter game being revealed in a Partner Direct solely on the basis that, so far, they've yet to have any big announcements on the level of a Monster Hunter game (closest thing being the first Partner Direct reminding everyone that Shin Megami Tensei V still exists and hasn't been cancelled).

Next week between the 14th and 18th looks like it could be it, though there's the question of Super Mario 3D All-Stars also releasing on the 18th and whether or not a Smash reveal would happen on the same week as a Switch release (I'm leaning towards yes, considering Byleth's reveal and the release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore happened the same week).

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Y'all remember the times HGV69 tried to back up Setanta or one of those obviously fake "I know the whole direct, guys!!!" leaks from July? Of course you don't, the narrative constructed is that she's super right all the time despite the fact that she's been around for over half a year and has gotten: 2 dates correct dubiously, a Zelda game being revealed, Mario Kart toys to life.
Dammit, I said Pichu would be in base game and Banjo would be DLC, where's my Reddit gold?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, based on things that have already happened this weekend, it's looking like Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday are already unlikely for anything, leaving yet another Thursday or bust week. I dunno... I'm kind of wondering if Nintendo is planning doing something alongside TGS even though that would be kind of douchey in my opinion.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So, based on things that have already happened this weekend, it's looking like Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday are already unlikely for anything, leaving yet another Thursday or bust week. I dunno... I'm kind of wondering if Nintendo is planning doing something alongside TGS even though that would be kind of douchey in my opinion.
What things have happened this weekend that would cause there to not be a smash direct next week?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The next two characters are Geno and a Mean Green Space Marine in either order. Will take evidence to the contrary (in the form of Nintendo actually showing the DLC we've already paid for) to convince me otherwise
I don’t disagree with you that Geno is probably coming soon (and that Master Chief has a high probability of coming within the pass), but I'd just genuinely be interested in hearing your reasons as to why you think those two are coming next specifically! I think Geno makes sense for Fighter #7, though Master Chief I may put towards the end of the pass if I had to guess.

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, I just am interested to hear the thoughts of a person who's been around these parts for a while and doesn't typically speak at too great of lengths (as opposed to people like me or Fatman and so on).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The next two characters are Geno and a Mean Green Space Marine in either order. Will take evidence to the contrary (in the form of Nintendo actually showing the DLC we've already paid for) to convince me otherwise
Looks like you could say, the Marine is a Mean Green Marine From Outer Space?

...Yeah, I'll see myself out.

Droodle

Smash Lord
This is probably just my bias speaking here... but I'm sorely tempted to argue against the rumored Monster Hunter game being revealed in a Partner Direct solely on the basis that, so far, they've yet to have any big announcements on the level of a Monster Hunter game (closest thing being the first Partner Direct reminding everyone that Shin Megami Tensei V still exists and hasn't been cancelled).

Next week between the 14th and 18th looks like it could be it, though there's the question of Super Mario 3D All-Stars also releasing on the 18th and whether or not a Smash reveal would happen on the same week as a Switch release (I'm leaning towards yes, considering Byleth's reveal and the release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore happened the same week).
It could just end up being a MH exclusive direct; I recall the 3DS had 2-3 MH exclusive directs (but they were JP only), nowadays MH is by far Capcom's biggest series in terms of sales potential; so a worldwide MH direct would make sense (especially since the likelihood of getting a year between the JP and NA release in unlikely, unlike the 3DS ones). Or, they could pull of something like a partner direct focusing on Capcom, as at this point MH Switch is pretty much 99% real, and there are a couple other titles that make sense (in particular a DMC 4 port to the switch). September so far has given the bulk of "likely E3" big announcements every week, so MH next week fits the bill pretty well.

It could also just end up being a shadowdrop by Capcom/Nintendo, like Mario and Zelda.
My guess is:
September 17th: MH direct/trailer
September 22/24th: Smash presentation
September 30th or so: Character available

I think getting partner direct is unlikely (but still possible). 90% of partner directs are just Japanese games, so those companies could just use TGS to announce some titles for the Switch instead of a partner direct. I'm gonna guess that we'll probably see a couple ports, and maybe 1-2 new games of interest during the TGS show itself.

Edit: The order of September reveals also oddly fits the hypothetical layout Nintendo tends to use during E3. I'm gonna guess that this would have been the E3 direct, just for fun.

-Opens-
  • Min-Min for Smash announcement trailer
  • Celebrating 35 years of Mario (announcements of ports/remasters)
  • Paper Mario: Origami King Trailer with release date
  • Showcase of games from Partner Direct number 1
  • Pikmin 3 Definitive Edition release date
  • No More Heroes 3 Trailer
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Showcase of games from Partner Direct number 2
  • Zelda Hyrule warriors 2
  • MH Switch
  • Fighter 7 for Smash announcement
-Ends-

Throw in 1-2 new unannounced games that were likely late 2020 like Metroid V (hinted by a lot of credible people), and GS Remake (Camelot tends to release every 2 years, so 2020 fits); if the SMRPG Remake rumors are true I think it would have always been a 2021 release, so I think it would have been shown in the hypothetical September direct and not the E3 one (though if Geno is indeed fighter 7, then probably E3). Maybe a trailer showcasing updates on games like BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3, and boom you have a legitimately super good direct right then and there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom