• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't think too much into it and focus more on the fact that they're putting so much importance in this tournament that they're giving out medals to begin with.
both the splatoon tournament, and mario maker are getting medals to so it just seems to be a 35th aniversiry thing
mario maker https://twitter.com/supermario35th/status/1301512888037838850
splatoon https://twitter.com/supermario35th/status/1301513924660072455
smash bros https://twitter.com/supermario35th/status/1301513695533637634

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Personally I don’t think we can judge Geno’s chances by the tourney much; it’s possible they just wanted to reveal it now and so they’ll add him to it later, or his release will be too late for it (whether after the tourney or just a week or so before) and they didn’t want to push it back farther than the date they gave.

Iirc didn’t they do this before with DLC characters by leaving the most-recent one out due to being released too close to the start of the tourney? Though that may have been an unofficial tourney tbh; I really only remember that kinda thing with Hero.

But anyway, if he’s next, I’m sure he’ll still be counted as a Mario series character and him not being in the tourney is due to a reason like these or something. His and Mallow’s spirits are part of the Mario series, after all, and they’re still from a Mario game.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am pretty fine with the mario direct, even the limited time exclusive collections but I'm a bit confused why they'd take down that mario royale game, only to make their own version of it like... temporary? IDK seems like a missed business opportunity seeing how people loved tetris 99.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am pretty fine with the mario direct, even the limited time exclusive collections but I'm a bit confused why they'd take down that mario royale game, only to make their own version of it like... temporary? IDK seems like a missed business opportunity seeing how people loved tetris 99.
They took down the Metroid 2 fan remake to put out their own too. Nintendo just does that

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So... Small Battlefield was added to the SSBU on August 4th. Tomorrow (or today depending on time zone) is September 4th. Min Min was released near the end of June (June 29th to be precise). Between Min Min's release date up to Small Battlefield's release, approximately a full month passed. Between Small Battlefield's release, and tomorrow/today, a full month would have passed. Could Small Battlefield, besides just being "another" stage added to the game, was in fact the midway point before CP 7's reveal/shadow-drop release? Not to think too hard into it. Just some late night speculation.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, I've been busy with other things here but man, that direct was great. After a long time with nothing to brag about (with some few exceptions here and there) we got what was kind of wanted if the reactions online are to go by, the anniversary of Mario.

A fair share of news, games (collections and that re-release with Mario 3D World that it's just calling out to me. Online multiplayer and that whole deal with "Bowser's Fury"? Oh yes.

I don't have to say much since a lot of people have said it already but it had the right amount of content and it was presented decently. I approve.

Now, to wait until the next 'Mr. Sakurai Presents' or a regular direct but this was satisfying and I'm good for a month or so of waiting after this.

Hopefully Geno is near...
:bowser: :starman:.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I think I saw somewhere that every character Rosalina and after is actually a bit larger than the ones before them, implying they're covering for an empty slot.
They're all the same size, it's nothing.

Well, It's nice to have all the Mario Stuff FINALLY out on the table, but it also just leave me feeling like
3d5.jpg

Basically all the major widely reported/speculated rumors since January are filled in now right? Paper Mario, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, 3D World with a large amount of extra content, the Mario Collection, the Mario Kart/racing game conundrum, aside from 2D Metroid everything is accounted for. (Talking specifically about stuff that was pushed by multiple people as absolutes, weird stuff in limbo like Metroid Prime Trilogy or whatever happened to the rumored shelved 3DS games like Wario Land VB or the Fire Emblem remake Imran and others mentioned are their own can of worms) We're finally back at a mostly blank, open slate and it's... weird to say the least. Where do we even go from here? Some points I'd like to bring up.
  • The Gap : Good News, Nintendo Switch Has Games! Bad News, they're A. All ports, and B. We've still got a pretty massive gap in the schedule. The 105 day gap between Origami King and Pikmin 3 Deluxe felt a little long given Nintendo's output over the rest of the year, and obviously the gap filled in today. But now, we have ANOTHER 105 day gap between Pikmin 3 Deluxe and 3D World. And, unless Motholith pulls Xenoblade X out of their ass, I think Nintendo is OUT OF WII U PORTS to act as filler between... other Wii U ports. Not to mention, we still don't have a NEW game for this Holiday Season. Is Nintendo not going to have a single new game until ATLEAST after February 12th? That's well over half a year from Origami King, no chance. But then what would it be? Probably something smaller. The rumored Splatoon Spinoff? A new game from the Tomodachi team? Something entirely unexpected or new? Who knows at this point, but it's clear they still have some cards up their sleeves if Mario is out this month.
  • Third Parties? Fair enough, but there is no chance in hell No More Heroes 3 is out this year. Bravely Default 2 is odd and the fact it hasn't shown up in the last couple Partner Showcases despite Square making an appearance doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Maybe it's out in November still this year.
  • In terms of what feels likely for 2021 in general at this point, I feel like most people are on the same page. Probably 2D Metroid, Donkey Kong Country potentially, whatever Camelot is doing, Kirby, Pokemon's 25th and likely Gen 4 remakes, Warioware maybe, whatever the Switch Pro turns out to be, and of course, especially after how today played out combined with the recent happenings involving trademarks, listings and precedent of how Nintendo handles this anniversary, a giant spotlight on Zelda. I'm really interested how they handle that, there's no real reason for Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD not to come to the Switch, but Skyward Sword having been listed on it's own raises some eyebrows. And then there's Ocarina and Majora, how would they be handled, there's no way Nintendo would skip out on releasing them, would they? I don't think we'd get a collection like Mario, but at the same time they wouldn't just release a bunch of seperate Zelda ports AND BOTW2 in the same year, would they? It's a weird situation.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
A fair share of news, games (collections and that re-release with Mario 3D World that it's just calling out to me. Online multiplayer and that whole deal with "Bowser's Fury"? Oh yes.
:bowser: :starman:.
I'm really hoping we get to play as Bowser. Imagine how awesome it'd be to control Bowser in a mainline Mario game? I never gave 3D World a chance during the Wii U era, but now I have more incentive to do so, I'll definitely be picking that game up.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
They're all the same size, it's nothing.

Well, It's nice to have all the Mario Stuff FINALLY out on the table, but it also just leave me feeling like
View attachment 284475
Basically all the major widely reported/speculated rumors since January are filled in now right? Paper Mario, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, 3D World with a large amount of extra content, the Mario Collection, the Mario Kart/racing game conundrum, aside from 2D Metroid everything is accounted for. (Talking specifically about stuff that was pushed by multiple people as absolutes, weird stuff in limbo like Metroid Prime Trilogy or whatever happened to the rumored shelved 3DS games like Wario Land VB or the Fire Emblem remake Imran and others mentioned) We're finally back at a mostly blank, open slate and it's... weird to say the least. Where do we even go from here? Some points I'd like to bring up.
  • The Gap : Good News, Nintendo Switch Has Games! Bad News, they're A. All ports, and B. We've still got a pretty massive gap in the schedule. The 105 day gap between Origami King and Pikmin 3 Deluxe felt a little long given Nintendo's output over the rest of the year, and obviously the gap filled in today. But now, we have ANOTHER 105 day gap between Pikmin 3 Deluxe and 3D World. And, unless Motholith pulls Xenoblade X out of their ass, I think Nintendo is OUT OF WII U PORTS to act as filler between... other Wii U ports. Not to mention, we still don't have a NEW game for this Holiday Season. Is Nintendo not going to have a single new game until ATLEAST after February 12th? That's well over half a year from Origami King, no chance. But then what would it be? Probably something smaller. The rumored Splatoon Spinoff? A new game from the Tomodachi team? Something entirely unexpected or new? Who knows at this point, but it's clear they still have some cards up their sleeves if Mario is out this month.
  • Third Parties? Fair enough, but there is no chance in hell No More Heroes 3 is out this year. Bravely Default 2 is odd and the fact it hasn't shown up in the last couple Partner Showcases despite Square making an appearance doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Maybe it's out in November still this year.
  • In terms of what feels likely for 2021 in general at this point, I feel like most people are on the same page. Probably 2D Metroid, Donkey Kong Country potentially, whatever Camelot is doing, Kirby, Pokemon's 25th and likely Gen 4 remakes, Warioware maybe, whatever the Switch Pro turns out to be, and of course, especially after how today played out combined with the recent happenings involving trademarks, listings and precedent of how Nintendo handles this anniversary, a giant spotlight on Zelda. I'm really interested how they handle that, there's no real reason for Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD not to come to the Switch, but Skyward Sword having been listed on it's own raises some eyebrows. And then there's Ocarina and Majora, how would they be handled, there's no way Nintendo would skip out on releasing them, would they? I don't think we'd get a collection like Mario, but at the same time they wouldn't just release a bunch of seperate Zelda ports AND BOTW2 in the same year, would they? It's a weird situation.
there are still a few rumor's left, off the top of my head n64 games on switch online, and switch pro. snes games got anounced for switch online on the 1 year aniversiry sep 10, n64 should be the same unless it was delayed, so next week. it is practicly garenteed to be missing mario 64, other games might be missing if they plan to rerelease them later, something to watch for in the coming year

pinshadow

Smash Lord
there are still a few rumor's left, off the top of my head n64 games on switch online, and switch pro. snes games got anounced for switch online on the 1 year aniversiry sep 10, n64 should be the same unless it was delayed, so next week. it is practicly garenteed to be missing mario 64, other games might be missing if they plan to rerelease them later, something to watch for in the coming year
I'm more talking stuff that isn't still in that weird vague territory, where something might happen, and people expect something to happen, but there's no general consensus on what it actually is. Yea, I'd be shocked if we don't get a Switch Pro next year, or if we don't see a new Donkey Kong or Kirby, but no one has really come out swinging like "Ok, THIS is what the Switch Pro will be", or more substantial stuff surrounding the franchises most people are expecting to see.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People I know irl are hoping the Mario 35th anniversary with 3D all stars means that Zelda is getting similar treatment. IDK about that. I'm also not completely sure if I'd even get that because I still own all the Zelda games. Mostly getting 3D all stars because I never played Sunshine

Noipoi

Howdy!
What did y'all think of the Mario announcements?
I’m very excited for it. I’ve honestly never played any of the games in the collection, so three full length Mario adventures is sure to occupy my time. 3D World is a game I loved playing, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to play it again. Bowser’s Fury looks real interesting though, so I’m definitely giving it a shot. All in all I’m satisfied.

Now give me some Smash news Nintendo

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually tried playing 3D World again. It didn't really have the same appeal the second time around.

To me, it's only really fun when you are playing it with friends

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I’m buying the Mario 3D collection to replay all again in Switch. Pretty sure it’s happening also in Zelda and wanna replay all again there also, though Zelda is my fav franchise (and Mega Man). Really loved the collection! Teleport to my childhood.

Also pretty sure our favorite character left to join, is joining the party very soon in probably one or two weeks: Geno. This teleport to childhood will be the best, though. (And he is coming with SMRPG to the Switch, omg it’s so obvious for me).

GENO JOINS THE PARTY! (AND ADDS SMRPG TO THE SNES ONLINE)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Collection is neatish, very disappointed in lack of even widescreen for Mario 64, no bonus content other than a Sound Test, feels VERY bare bones. And it just leaves me more frustrated about how Nintendo is handling legacy content on Switch now that it seems like we aren't even getting N64 Online. Of course that's why I already pre-ordered it despite complaining (I AM a Nintendo fan after all, still didn't buy SWSH though) but being serious it's mostly for my younger brother, since we each have our own Switch, I wanted a physical copy for preservation/sharing, and I'm not sure how readily avalible the game will be given Nintendo's track record with stock shortages on NON-LIMITED products, let alone an actual limited run like this.

3D World though? Meh, not exactly the biggest fan of it, Nintendo has finally caught up to the 2010's and added Online Multiplayer to it, a new campaign, I'll probably double dip but I'm really not that interes...
  • "We also made the game WAAAAAY faster"
tenor.gif

I won't even lie, faster 3D World sounds like it would fix alot of my issues of the levels being too spacious for their own good compared to how I love blazing through courses in 3D Land. This sounds godly.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I think I saw somewhere that every character Rosalina and after is actually a bit larger than the ones before them, implying they're covering for an empty slot.
I decided to check this myself in Photoshop. Unfortunately, all of the pictures are the exact same size.

With that said, it would be pretty easy to shrink the portraits to include Geno as a tenth character. Here is a Photoshop I created using Nibroc-Rock's render as a proof-of-concept. I'm rooting for you guys.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I decided to check this myself in Photoshop. Unfortunately, all of the pictures are the exact same size.

With that said, it would be pretty easy to shrink the portraits to include Geno as a tenth character. Here is a Photoshop I created using Nibroc-Rock's render as a proof-of-concept. I'm rooting for you guys.

Huh, that's weird, in the image I dug up, they're different sizes but yours are the same size. Maybe I got a Photoshopped version somehow?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Y'know, I was a lot more positive when I was watching the Direct earlier today, but the more I've learned about it and the more I've thought about what they've shown off, the more upset I've become. It's like every single thing they've shown off in this Direct has some sort of catch to it that completely ruins it:
  • Here's Super Mario Bros. in a Game & Watch shell! ... but it's mostly just Super Mario Bros. so there's really not much reason to get it aside from the novelty.
  • Here's Super Mario 3D World with new content, tweaked controls and online multiplayer! ... but it comes out in February and it's still mostly just Super Mario 3D World again.
  • Here's Super Mario Bros. Battle Royale! ... but you can only play it for 6 months before it's gone forever.
  • Here's Mario Kart with Augmented Reality functionality! ... but it costs 100 dollarydoos for a single kart.
  • Here's Super Mario All-Stars on NSO! ... but all the NES versions of these games are already available on NSO.
  • Here's a 3D Mario games collection! ... but it's a limited run, meaning that the only way you'll be able to purchase it after March 2021 is to buy an overpriced copy off a scalper on eBay.
  • Here's Super Mario 64 on Switch! ... but it's just an upscaled version of the N64 original with virtually no changes or added features.
  • Here's Super Mario Sunshine on Switch! ... but none of it's gameplay issues have been fixed and you can't use Gamecube controllers with it even though the Switch has Gamecube controller support. (Seriously, it really feels like they forget they added Gamecube controller support.)
  • Here's Super Mario Galaxy on Switch! ... but not Super Mario Galaxy 2 because either we don't care about it or we're just planning on selling it back to you as DLC or as part of an updated version of the 3D collection.
The whole limited run thing particularly pissed me off because there's no reason whatsoever for them to do this. I mean, you'd think the people with NSO have suffered enough, but now you give them a game they can play with for a few months before it gets ripped away from them. The **** is that ****?!

D

Deleted member

I'm going to start distancing myself from the Nintendo communities. It's just been so hazardous to my mental health, to say the least. I'm not a very combative person and I don't like to argue, but sometimes it gets overwhelming and I lash out - judging from the two harassment warnings I earned. Apologies, everybody.

I'll still be supporting Geno from the sidelines, but hopefully I'll be a lot happier without Nintendo and speculation looming over me. If there's anything I haven't been, it's being happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
mario game and watch looks like a cool novelty will likely get it as long as it isn't imposible to find
3d world was the worst 3d mario to me, still a decent game but not to interested to replay it, bowsers fury would have to be fairly extensive to justify it
mario 35 seems decent don't know why it is timed though there is no reason for it, unless they plan to sell something similar later
mario kart looks like something i would have loved when younger, if i tried to play it now, my dog would think its a toy pick it up and run off with it, so playing it isnt possible for me
mario kart phone game content- i hate mobile so don't care
3d all stars is something i plan on playing, though i do wish it had 3d land, and galaxy 2, just so all the 3d games were on 1 platform, i also would have preferred the extra content from 64 ds. i do hope sunshine being on here implies we will se ports of other gamecube games

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I'm going to start distancing myself from the Nintendo communities. It's just been so hazardous to my mental health, to say the least. I'm not a very combative person and I don't like to argue, but sometimes it gets overwhelming and I lash out - judging from the two harassment warnings I earned. Apologies, everybody.

I'll still be supporting Geno from the sidelines, but hopefully I'll be a lot happier without Nintendo and speculation looming over me. If there's anything I haven't been, it's being happy.
Yeah that's fine. I've not been posting as much for the last couple months mainly because I have been preoccupied with other things and doing it for your mental health is completely understandable. Have a good time off here

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Another week, another lack of Smash news since Min Min. Well, at least we got an actual Direct about Nintendo games for once.

My thoughts on the tournament are this. If Geno was coming out before the tournament, obviously they wouldn't spoil that. So if we say hypothetically he is in before the tournament, they could add him in anyway (or simply not include him; like Yoshi and Wario he may very well be classified as a separate series for all we know). So this doesn't help or hurt his chances.

As for the 3D Marios, being able to play those games on Switch is neat, but there's so much missed potential. No Galaxy 2 is a big L, and they could have even thrown in 64 DS as a bonus. None of the games being remastered -- especially 64 -- is a crying shame. I played the Crash and Spyro trilogies recently so seeing straight ports like this from such a big company is a letdown. And of course there's the weird exclusivity thing, which is so anti-consumer but also so weirdly on-brand for Nintendo.

But I hope it does well regardless, as my real hope (just like someone else in the thread said) is to get a Paper Mario All-Stars of Paper Mario, TTYD, and Super Paper Mario. I want to play those games even more than the 3D ones.

D

Deleted member

I find it strange that SMRPG isn’t on Nintendo Switch Online yet. They announced Mario All Stars after 3D All Stars was announced. Perhaps they could be saving it for Geno’s announcement for Smash? Even though they probably got more Mario stuff to announce later, why not announce it now?

Last edited by a moderator:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I find it strange that SMRPG isn’t on Nintendo Switch Online yet. They announced Mario All Stars after 3D All Stars was announced. Perhaps they could be saving it for Geno’s announcement for Smash? Even though they probably got more Mario stuff to announce later, why not announce it now?
mario rpg is partially owned by square, so it doesn't get put on online until their contract says so, if their contract says the same time as geno, then Nintendo can't do anything about it, outside of releasing geno sooner, it is also possible it says a specific time frame just before, or after geno comes out

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Y'know, I was a lot more positive when I was watching the Direct earlier today, but the more I've learned about it and the more I've thought about what they've shown off, the more upset I've become. It's like every single thing they've shown off in this Direct has some sort of catch to it that completely ruins it:
  • Here's Super Mario Bros. in a Game & Watch shell! ... but it's mostly just Super Mario Bros. so there's really not much reason to get it aside from the novelty.
  • Here's Super Mario 3D World with new content, tweaked controls and online multiplayer! ... but it comes out in February and it's still mostly just Super Mario 3D World again.
  • Here's Super Mario Bros. Battle Royale! ... but you can only play it for 6 months before it's gone forever.
  • Here's Mario Kart with Augmented Reality functionality! ... but it costs 100 dollarydoos for a single kart.
  • Here's Super Mario All-Stars on NSO! ... but all the NES versions of these games are already available on NSO.
  • Here's a 3D Mario games collection! ... but it's a limited run, meaning that the only way you'll be able to purchase it after March 2021 is to buy an overpriced copy off a scalper on eBay.
  • Here's Super Mario 64 on Switch! ... but it's just an upscaled version of the N64 original with virtually no changes or added features.
  • Here's Super Mario Sunshine on Switch! ... but none of it's gameplay issues have been fixed and you can't use Gamecube controllers with it even though the Switch has Gamecube controller support. (Seriously, it really feels like they forget they added Gamecube controller support.)
  • Here's Super Mario Galaxy on Switch! ... but not Super Mario Galaxy 2 because either we don't care about it or we're just planning on selling it back to you as DLC or as part of an updated version of the 3D collection.
The whole limited run thing particularly pissed me off because there's no reason whatsoever for them to do this. I mean, you'd think the people with NSO have suffered enough, but now you give them a game they can play with for a few months before it gets ripped away from them. The ** is that **?!
This **** right here is among the reasons why Nintendo Emulation is so popular. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Why the hell does Nintendo still insist on this Disney Vault crap when even Disney doesn't bother with it much anymore ever since Disney+ became a thing. I know someone else answered that Japan takes piracy a lot more seriously than in the States, but still. Also, why do they insist on people having fun their way instead of letting people make their fun?

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
This **** right here is among the reasons why Nintendo Emulation is so popular. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Why the hell does Nintendo still insist on this Disney Vault crap when even Disney doesn't bother with it much anymore ever since Disney+ became a thing. I know someone else answered that Japan takes piracy a lot more seriously than in the States, but still. Also, why do they insist on people having fun their way instead of letting people make their fun?
in japan retro game store aren't that hard to find (mostly due to japan being mostly cities fairly close to each other, so you have more game shops), because of this old games are pretty easy to find, unless the old game has aged badly they see little reason to remake what you can easily buy, in the us/europe your best hope for old games is ebay, which while easy can be pricey.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
in japan retro game store aren't that hard to find (mostly due to japan being mostly cities fairly close to each other, so you have more game shops), because of this old games are pretty easy to find, unless the old game has aged badly they see little reason to remake what you can easily buy, in the us/europe your best hope for old games is ebay, which while easy can be pricey.
although the best place to look for retro games/consoles is indeed japan, I think it's way more possible to find retro game stores in europe than in us. there are a lot of these in europe, at least in the region i live, there are literally similar stores than in japan where you can find famicon games and stuff
so i guess it depends on where you live precisely.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I could have swore Papa included a screencap of MEGALOVANIA getting taken down, but I guess not, unless it was from a different video.

However, I do remember seeing a screencap somewhere on the internet of MEGALOVANIA getting taken down, and I will post it when I do find it.

You can feel free to message me for stuff if you guys are ever looking for something you think I covered in the past, sometimes I have to dig through a lot of old folders but I do keep everything saved, heres ya go:

megalovaniacopyright.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
Decided to update the numbers that I had jotted down before Min Min was officially announced. Honestly, the averages didn't change too terribly much.

Smash Ultimate Amiibo Waves:

Wave 1: December 7, 2018 (second week)
Wave 2: February 15, 2019 (third week) (70 days between)
Wave 3: April 12, 2019 (second week) (56 days between)
Wave 4: July 19, 2019 (third week) (98 days between)
Wave 5: September 20, 2019 (third week) (63 days between)
Wave 6: November 15, 2019 (third week) (56 days between)
Wave 7: January 17, 2020 (third week) (53 days between) ----- 93 days to April 19th
Wave 8: June 12, 2020 (second week) (147 days between)
Wave 9: September 25, 2020 (fourth week) (105 days between)

Average: 72 days

DLC character release dates:
Plant- February 1, 2019 (first week)
Joker- April 17, 2019 (third week) (75 days between)
Hero- July 30, 2019 (fifth week) (74 days between)
Banjo – September 4, 2019 (first week) (66 days between)
Terry- November 6, 2019 (second week) (63 days between)
Byleth – January 28, 2020 (fifth week) (83 days)
Min Min- June 29, 2020 (fifth week) (153 days between)

Average: 73 days

DLC character announcement dates:
Joker – December 6, 2018 (second week)
Hero- June 11, 2019 (third week) (187 days between)
Banjo- June 11, 2019 (third week) (NA)
Terry- September 4, 2019 (first week) (85 days between)
Byleth- January 16, 2020 (third week) (134 days between)
Min Min - June 22, 2020 (fourth week)(158 days between)
Average: 94 days

Days Between Amiibo Wave and Character Release

Plant: 14 days
Joker: 5 days
Hero: 11 days
Banjo: 16 days
Terry: 9 days
Byleth: 11 days
Min Min: 17 days

Average: 12

So, the dates we get from plugging in these averages are:

September 10th
September 13th
September 24th
With the Min Min predictive models I got:

June 20 (Sat), 23 (Tues), 29 (Mon)

With the 7 (Geno) predictive models I got:

September 10 (Thurs), 13 (Sun), 24 (Thurs)

Min Min's announcement was the 22nd and release on the 29th. Announcements don't happen on the weekends so the 20th was adjusted to the 22nd. If we were to apply this to Geno, the 13th becomes the 14th. So, interestingly enough, with adjustments to Min Min's model it heavily implied the 22nd or 23rd while with Geno it implies the 10th or the 14th.
With these predictive models, the Sakurai Presents for FP7 could be announced sometime today and if not, next week is a pretty good bet for an announcement/the presentation to occur

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People I know irl are hoping the Mario 35th anniversary with 3D all stars means that Zelda is getting similar treatment. IDK about that. I'm also not completely sure if I'd even get that because I still own all the Zelda games. Mostly getting 3D all stars because I never played Sunshine
It probably will, honestly. BotW2 and Skyward Sword are borderline confirmed for 2021 and there's a decent amount suggesting the Twilight Princess, Windwaker, and Ocarina of Time rumors are true too. Plus I want to say that Nintendo has celebrated every 5th Zelda anniversary since the 15th. Mario hasn't even gotten to the "big" announcements yet so I think Zelda's 35th will probably be a biggum too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom