• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm sorry. I saw an opportunity to jump into a conversation, and I took it. I've really got nothing to say about Geno at the moment, so I guess I'll be seeing myself out for now.
This wasn't directed at you. I didn't look back far enough to see how this all started. It's not just you who brings this up. Doesn't it strike anyone as a little telling that we have regulars who are only here for the Waluigi discussions? I get that there's a lot of overlap between the fanbases, but it's not that hard to just frequent two threads.

7NATOR

Smash Master
This wasn't directed at you. I didn't look back far enough to see how this all started. It's not just you who brings this up. Doesn't it strike anyone as a little telling that we have regulars who are only here for the Waluigi discussions? I get that there's a lot of overlap between the fanbases, but it's not that hard to just frequent two threads.
Well One thing I would say is that this Thread is very Big, and is usually Very Populated. honestly at this point This thread should be another Social thread but Geno focused

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
No I know! I usually just get off-topic here myself. I like the group of people in this thread, and I like hearing everyone's opinions on things. I've been following this thread for 2 years, and I've pretty much exhausted everything I can say about Geno other than that I support him and hope he gets in.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well One thing I would say is that this Thread is very Big, and is usually Very Populated. honestly at this point This thread should be another Social thread but Geno focused
No it shouldn't. It's the Geno thread. It's for Geno discussion. We can be off topic, but not all of us are Waluigi fans who want to read through several pages of Waluigi discussion every other day to get to the stuff we care about. Some of us actually just want to talk about Geno, and that's what the thread is for. I'm fine going off topic, and I love the general community here, but the Waluigi focus in this thread has gotten seriously out of hand.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Gotta be honest, I'm getting really sick of this being the Waluigi and Geno thread. I know we tend to get off topic and that's fine to some degree, but seriously, ya'll talk about Waluigi WAY too much in here. He has his own thread.
Maybe it's just me, but your tone is coming off as too snappish for my tastes. Considering the topic at the point I was posting boiled down to 'would other Mario reps jeopardize Geno's chances' and my responses were all to the extent of 'they can both get in, Waluigi wouldn't keep Geno out'.

7NATOR

Smash Master
No it shouldn't. It's the Geno thread. It's for Geno discussion. We can be off topic, but not all of us are Waluigi fans who want to read through several pages of Waluigi discussion every other day to get to the stuff we care about. Some of us actually just want to talk about Geno, and that's what the thread is for. I'm fine going off topic, and I love the general community here, but the Waluigi focus in this thread has gotten seriously out of hand.
I know it's mainly for Geno Discussion. I was just trying to think of a reason why usually it gets off topic here. It's not even with just Waluigi, usually Discussions about Nintendo in General, Other characters like Dante, Crash, Sora, Ryza, and others pop up in here often, And Insider Drama or Community drama pop up in here often.

That's why i say it honestly should be a Social thread but with Heavy Geno focus, since it's pretty much been like that Since after base game Speculation honestly (though i honestly wouldn't know that, I wasn't here much before DLC speculation)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Maybe it's just me, but your tone is coming off as too snappish for my tastes. Considering the topic at the point I was posting boiled down to 'would other Mario reps jeopardize Geno's chances' and my responses were all to the extent of 'they can both get in, Waluigi wouldn't keep Geno out'.
I wasn't talking about you actually. Maybe I was snapping a bit though. Part of it is that I'm a bit bitter about the hypocrisy of some of the people in this thread regarding off topic discussion. I got harrassed quite a bit by some of ya'll over King Boo after bringing him up literally twice. People kept messaging me and making random call out posts here months afterwards talking about how unreasonable it is for me to bring up King Boo so much and how it has no place in this thread, and those same people spend pages talking about Waluigi here day after day after day. I'm not going to name names, ya'll know who you are.

Edit: Also, people were not just responding to your question. I was just reading through posts talking about what he could come with in his pack and what spin-off games he could represent.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Me: Sakurai, can I have Geno in Smash?
Mom: Don't ask Mr. Sakurai, son, you already got Geno in Smash at home.
Geno in Smash at home:
[I came across this image on Google and I was dying of laughter so I wanted to share it with all of you so you all could do the same haha].
Sexy!

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So, on the topic of NateDrake and saying that he heard nothing about a Direct or anything being on the 13th next week... what are the chances of us still getting something next week on a different date like the 10th, 11th, or 12th (if Ron Paul's post back in Tuesday is any indication, we should still be getting something)? Or are we more likely to just get nothing next week (other than the random Twitter drops like Pikmin 3 Deluxe)?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So, on the topic of NateDrake and saying that he heard nothing about a Direct or anything being on the 13th next week... what are the chances of us still getting something next week on a different date like the 10th, 11th, or 12th (if Ron Paul's post back in Tuesday is any indication, we should still be getting something)? Or are we more likely to just get nothing next week (other than the random Twitter drops like Pikmin 3 Deluxe)?
Tbh I've been thinking we are just gonna get a lousy mini again with what would probably be who's that Pokemon 2.0 with Smash DLC and everyone's favourite Pokemon gen coming together to a store near you which I'd kind of hate.

It would be poetic and ironic at the same time if they do one dead on to the year of when one last happened.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Which insiders were even saying we're getting something next week? As far as I know the reliable ones with proven track records haven't really said anything specific about a date yet. Just that we're getting 1 stop before an actual direct (mini or otherwise), they hadn't mentioned specifically when the date of either things actually are yet.

And I don't know who this Ron Paul is either, but if he just made a post; is it really that suspicious? Did he specifically mention a direct happening soon?

So really unless you believe some twitter randos (which you shouldn't), literally no one came out and said that there is something happening next week. My bets are still the same, something small on the 18th and then a bigger direct around the 25th.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Which insiders were even saying we're getting something next week? As far as I know the reliable ones with proven track records haven't really said anything specific about a date yet. Just that we're getting 1 stop before an actual direct (mini or otherwise), they hadn't mentioned specifically when the date of either things actually are yet.

And I don't know who this Ron Paul is either, but if he just made a post; is it really that suspicious? Did he specifically mention a direct happening soon?

So really unless you believe some twitter randos (which you shouldn't), literally no one came out and said that there is something happening next week. My bets are still the same, something small on the 18th and then a bigger direct around the 25th.
To update you:

- King Zell said no to the 11th, the 12th, bravely 2 and NMH.
- NateDrake just said he has not heard anything for the 13th.
- Ron Paul normally only shows within a week or so of a direct.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Papa delivers:

Well, this was quite the surprise. My favorite PapaGenos videos are the ones where he talks about all the leaks, rumors and theories after a certain event happens so I'm excited to watch. I'm probably gonna wait until tomorrow though because its pretty late.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
To further clarify, Ron Paul made his Tuesday post on ResetEra (don't know if he even has a Twitter or not), as Fatman pointed out shortly after the Small Battlefield update...
It's pretty exciting that we got a new stage out of nowhere but, uh, nobody panic but, uh... Ron Paul's back!

View attachment 281321

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily that it confirms but it shows that the main obstacle to making an AT playable is a non issue. Waluigi is playable? Just turn off his AT when he's in game. Like the list I shared shows, it's a very, very extensively implemented feature in the game where probably like 80% of the ATs have at least one stage that they can't be activated on. Plus "spirits deconfirm" died a hard death a month and a half ago now and I seriously doubt Min Min will be the only promotion before the end of this game.
This is why I never took the assist trophy nonsense seriously. Not only do a chunk of people who play the game not use them, the fact that they can be turned off should show you how important they really are. Only the most pedantic individuals would cry about an assist getting promoted. That or a salt miner.

Droodle

Smash Lord
To update you:

Well, most of next week is just holidays in Japan; which makes the chances of an announcement low anyways.

But I still don't really think the Ron Paul thing is weird. He may have been an insider/leaker before, but as far as I can tell his posts don't really always tend to line up with directs. He posted on July 10th and the mini came 10 days after, sure. But he also posted on May 18th too, and nothing came out of that (unless he always posts in the general direct thread every single time). I even found that the Tuesday post on resetera, and it's not like anyone else found it weird or anything. We're probably looking into it too much, the dude has 8000 comments on his account, and I doubt everything tied back to a direct.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, and let's do that by ignoring the one character whose deconfirmation caused the biggest uproar in Smash history.

Not even Ridley or K. Rool generated the same kind of impact when they were deconfirmed in previous Smash games.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Ridley being deconfirmed in Smash 4 was the biggest ****show of a deconfirmation of a character ever. First they show his shadow on Pyrosphere in the April 2014 Smash Direct and almost everyone thinks he's playable because the shadow looks too small to be a boss. Fast forward 6 months later to the 50-Fact Extravaganza Direct and BOOM he's deconfirmed as a stage hazard. A lot of people were pissed about this even more so than the Isaac Assist Trophy coming back in Ultimate I would say.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Me: Sakurai, can I have Geno in Smash?
Mom: Don't ask Mr. Sakurai, son, you already got Geno in Smash at home.
Geno in Smash at home:
View attachment 281641

[I came across this image on Google and I was dying of laughter so I wanted to share it with all of you so you all could do the same haha].
Not gonna lie, that's a real sick version of Geno.

Papa delivers:

I love how Small Battlefield is considered just as important as an actual character release to everyone, even though it's just Battlefield without the top platform.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
To update you:

Actually, clarification on the first point: Zell said all of those NOs in the context of a Partner Direct. He didn't deconfirm these dates from other types of Directs, like a Mario one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Look at this beautiful boi
I swear, this would make for one fine damn SMRPG Geno Amiibo.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Good lord, NO this should not be a social thread. 7NATOR 7NATOR , What are you trying to do, feed us to the wolves?......I mean, the Wolf players have nothing to do with this, and i'm pretty sure others dont either! :ultpacman:

Any discussion we have about Nintendo or other characters is meant to be fueled toward Geno-related theorycraft. We don't need the gate keeping that occurs from the other threads. Especially when some people who I will not name insist on doing so in our own thread already as it is.

Roll on, Monday.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I have a might need!!
patrick.jpg

D

Deleted member

We did get both Rosalina and Bowser Jr. in Smash 4 as base roster newcomers, so it's definitely possible that we get two Mario characters (or two characters from any one series at that). And they both don't have to be fighter pass characters, one of them could be a bonus (Waluigi) and one could be a fighter pass character (Geno).

Man this is a good 3D print

Geno amiibo pls

Last edited by a moderator:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
PapaGenos new video got me thinking. I agree, that it's decently possible we'll see the Stage Select Screen filled out in some way. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to add 2 additional random buttons unless you were trying to specifically pad out the stage select list

In the past, I've been skeptical of this sort of thing, but it is interesting. We have an update that potentially suggests a filled Stage Select Screen for normal battles, and placeholder slots that would perfectly give us a filled Character Select Screen also for normal battles

Not leaning super hard on more characters outside of Fighters Pass 2, especially given that Sakurai has stated multiple times that this is it. But, it is interesting and fun to think about given the recent update

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Actually, clarification on the first point: Zell said all of those NOs in the context of a Partner Direct. He didn't deconfirm these dates from other types of Directs, like a Mario one.
I don't think so, it's in the context of a stop in general, if there was a Mario Direct on the 12th he would have said "NO, YES, NO & NO"

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
PapaGenos new video got me thinking. I agree, that it's decently possible we'll see the Stage Select Screen filled out in some way. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to add 2 additional random buttons unless you were trying to specifically pad out the stage select list

In the past, I've been skeptical of this sort of thing, but it is interesting. We have an update that potentially suggests a filled Stage Select Screen for normal battles, and placeholder slots that would perfectly give us a filled Character Select Screen also for normal battles

Not leaning super hard on more characters outside of Fighters Pass 2, especially given that Sakurai has stated multiple times that this is it. But, it is interesting and fun to think about given the recent update
The character select screen will be a square after the fighters pass is released.. If you turn on echo stacking.

Hollowleggend

Smash Rookie
i just had an idea how we could easily get more characters in smash without useing a lot of development time Just Make more echos characters Just like with small Battlefield it would not have to be part of fighters pass 2 and would be easier on sakuri

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/
I still think about what it could have been like to have Geno in brawl...
this thread wouldn´t exist.
So if Geno got in back in Brawl and this thread didn't exist, who would most of you guys be majorly supporting right now?

i just had an idea how we could easily get more characters in smash without useing a lot of development time Just Make more echos characters Just like with small Battlefield it would not have to be part of fighters pass 2 and would be easier on sakuri
So much potential with the Echo Fighter section. Here is my Echo wanted list:

:ultpalutena:/Medusa
:ultdk:/Funky Kong
:ultsonic:/Metal Sonic
:ultyoshi:/Boshi
:ultbowser:/Dry Bowser
:ultfalcon:/Black Shadow
:ultganondorf:/Demise
:ultwolf:/Leon Powalski
:ultmetaknight:/Galacta Knight
:ultsnake:/Big Boss
:ultpacman:/Ms. Pac-Man
:ultsheik:/Impa
:ultinkling:/Octoling
:ultzelda:/Hilda
:ultness:/Ninten
:ultjoker:/Kasumi
:ultmegaman:/Proto Man

Last edited:

Hollowleggend

Smash Rookie
Here is my Echo Fighter section for now

:ultdiddy:/Dixie Kong :ultolimar: /Louie :ultsnake: /raiden :ultyoshi: /birdo :ultpiranha: / chain chop :ulticeclimbers: /Sam&Max :ultike:/Nightmare :ultgreninja:/Strider :ultbowserjr:/fawful :ultsheik:/kasumi :ultryu: /Akuma :ultinkling:/octoling :ultfalcon:/Blood Falcon :ultbrawler:/viewtiful Joe :ultpichu:/Plusle&Minun :ultzelda:/Tetra :ultcloud:/Sol Badguy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom