• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
You heard it here first folks. Not only does Fatman admit to sneezing in the open mouths of the elderly but he also farts on people's souffles. Truly he is just a monster.

In other news what the heck did I just walk into? I thought this was the Geno thread not the Heavy thread so why are we discussing Geno at all? :ultpacman:
Because as you said, Geno thread. That's why we're discussing Geno.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Let there be an end to this cursed existence. Monday please deliver us from evil

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Let there be an end to this cursed existence. Monday please deliver us from evil
At this point, if we get anything on Monday, it seems like it's going to be another mini-Direct.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, I must reiterate. Just because it's a mini direct doesn't automatically mean it's going to be another partner showcase. Recall the mini direct from late March, it's possible we could get another like that instead.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Again, I must reiterate. Just because it's a mini direct doesn't automatically mean it's going to be another partner showcase. Recall the mini direct from late March, it's possible we could get another like that instead.
It will be a nano-Direct where they talked about board games.

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
The next smash fighter is from......the Mario franchise. Se you in September . /que civil war memes

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
I personally haven't been invested in Nintendo, or Smash specifically, news in a while. Before I continue, I have no idea if what was said has been backtracked, added to, or outright confirmed fake, but I do remember SOMEONE saying something about news today. If I were to expect anything, I'd expect another 1AM Partner Showcase announcement.

I honestly think too many people were far harsher on the partner showcase than they should've been. Showcasing three to six smaller announcements and then a big dump for a specific game is a

the pac was right there...
It's a joke. The Pac-Man icon was right there.
The nuances of a forum with poor design mean nothing to a passive observer, and I frankly don't mind the status of what was said. If I'm going to make a quip out of the blue, it's not because I care too much about what the post actually was.

D

Deleted member

I personally haven't been invested in Nintendo, or Smash specifically, news in a while. Before I continue, I have no idea if what was said has been backtracked, added to, or outright confirmed fake, but I do remember SOMEONE saying something about news today. If I were to expect anything, I'd expect another 1AM Partner Showcase announcement.

I honestly think too many people were far harsher on the partner showcase than they should've been. Showcasing three to six smaller announcements and then a big dump for a specific game is a

The nuances of a forum with poor design mean nothing to a passive observer, and I frankly don't mind the status of what was said. If I'm going to make a quip out of the blue, it's not because I care too much about what the post actually was.
...right...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
At this point, if we get anything on Monday, it seems like it's going to be another mini-Direct.
I'd be fine with that since I've seen some good Minis. I just hope they have at least one or two big surprises in it.

All I'm really hoping for is that we aren't in for another Partner Showcase. I just wanna see something that Nintendo is doing.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

Maybe I just missed the fun, but all the comments I saw here and one youtube were either
"AHAHAHAHA STUPID SMASH TODDLERS 'WaH wAh i cAnt HaVe Geno/waluigi/sora/my neighbor's dog iN sMAsH",
"Why are nintendo fans so stupid and entitled, crying when the dont get absolutely everything they want?" (and these outnumbering any actual complaint six to one)"
or "yay SMT5"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll take a Mini direct. It literally CANT be worse than last time.
...Considering I honestly found the direct pretty fun and had some cool games(and I mean the US one. If we had the JP games, it'd be even better)?

Yeah, it can get worse. At least the Wrestling game looked actually silly and fun. Though I wonder if it would've been taken a little better if the Bakugan game showed up there(incidentally I'm watching the show right now).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is there any reason to take this person seriously? At least with the Mii Costume guy (who, among other things, said that Goemon, Zero, Protoman, and Team Rocket Grunt would be part of the same Mii costume pack, which is way too specific to be a coincidence even if they didn't mention Sans), Shinobi, or Vergeben (for Smash, at least; his history with other games seems spottier), there's a track record to go on. As for this user, the only things that I can recall that they've gotten right were piggy-backed off of other, more reputable sources, (ex. saying that there would be a Direct of some kind on July 20th, after two or three people on ResetEra hinted the same thing beforehand) unless there's something that I've forgotten. (I don't pay close attention to leakers)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Is there any reason to take this person seriously? At least with the Mii Costume guy (who, among other things, said that Goemon, Zero, Protoman, and Team Rocket Grunt would be part of the same Mii costume pack, which is way too specific to be a coincidence even if they didn't mention Sans), Shinobi, or Vergeben (for Smash, at least; his history with other games seems spottier), there's a track record to go on. As for this user, the only things that I can recall that they've gotten right were piggy-backed off of other, more reputable sources. (ex. saying that there would be a Direct of some kind on July 20th, after two or three people on ResetEra hinted the same thing beforehand)
Personally, I'm skeptical of this person, but a lot of factors seem to indicate the presence of something in early August such as the last scheduled maintenance period, the math that Fatman has pointed out between character reveals and announcements, the amiibo release dates etc.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Is there any reason to take this person seriously? At least with the Mii Costume guy (who, among other things, said that Goemon, Zero, Protoman, and Team Rocket Grunt would be part of the same Mii costume pack, which is way too specific to be a coincidence even if they didn't mention Sans), Shinobi, or Vergeben (for Smash, at least; his history with other games seems spottier), there's a track record to go on. As for this user, the only things that I can recall that they've gotten right were piggy-backed off of other, more reputable sources, (ex. saying that there would be a Direct of some kind on July 20th, after two or three people on ResetEra hinted the same thing beforehand) unless there's something that I've forgotten. (I don't pay close attention to leakers)
On the topic of Hotgirl, I pay attention to what she says because, I'm not going to specify what, but a good number of things she has said has crossed my path in the past year too. I'm little annoyed that she's blasting certain things because, even if they wind up false, a lot of people have put a lot of effort into keeping certain announcements secret. There's nothing I can do about it though but I will say that she's not lying about a good number of things she's brought up. Honestly, I could probably list on one hand the things she had said that I haven't heard but a lot of it checks out, at least being real insider rumors.

God I hope I linked the quote correctly.....

This is what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice had to say about Hotgirl. Personally, I'm taking everything a day at a time and with a grain a salt, and with the drought of news, its something. I'm not gonna hold my breath about it as I don't see Hotgirl the same as Shinobi. Plus, like MattX20 MattX20 mentioned, there are a few indicators for something this week.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh, right. The thought passed me by. Tomorrow we COULD get something. So, I guess it's time to wait until midnight if anything to see if something is going to happen. If not, then SEPTEMBER it is. Welp.

:bowser:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, right. The thought passed me by. Tomorrow we COULD get something. So, I guess it's time to wait until midnight if anything to see if something is going to happen. If not, then SEPTEMBER it is. Welp.

:bowser:.
And if it isn't September, then it'll be October. Then November, and then December. I'm starting to wonder what their 2021 lineup is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I can't believe its August and we've only gotten one of the six characters. The second one hasn't even been announced either.
I have a feeling that they're going to end up extending the timeframe for this fighters pass.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can't believe its August and we've only gotten one of the six characters. The second one hasn't even been announced either.
I have a feeling that they're going to end up extending the timeframe for this fighters pass.
It's extremely unlikely. The current enddate is December of next year. I find it highly unlikely they would need to extend it even further than that

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sorry but even I have to disagree with you here. Only one more before the end of the year? Sure, I could see that concidering the gap. But them having to go into 2022 to be finished? I highly doubt that

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Smash Fans: We've got no substantial news this year and the DLC characters have barely been touched upon. Let's hope August will be different!

Nintendo:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I desperately want this to mean something, but... wasn't there previously another glitch on the amiibo site awhile back, and it was just Squirtle being missing?

Still, if this is indeed a sign of things to come, then amiibo site glitches might be something worth keeping in mind for the future.
Yeah, could be nothing. BUT much like games, there aren't amiibos announced. The Squirtle amiibo was lauched in September so was obviously that but there aren't any announced amiibos

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah, could be nothing. BUT much like games, there aren't amiibos announced. The Squirtle amiibo was lauched in September so was obviously that but there aren't any announced amiibos
All of the Smash amiibos made for Ultimate as well as the wave for September/October are present. This is definitely odd to say the least

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Wow. Just wow.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
All of the Smash amiibos made for Ultimate as well as the wave for September/October are present. This is definitely odd to say the least
Yes, but has been founded that their are called in the exact same way of some Animal Crossing characters. Either a Glitch or the New Horizons amiibos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom