• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
It's 4 a.m. and I spent my night catching back up with the thread instead of sleeping.

I'm skeptical but I'm really holding out a small bit of hope that we just had our Shinobi moment. We could all really use the good news right about now.

Either way, it's been interesting lurking in here for a little over a year now and I just wanted to add my well wishes to this spirit bomb we got brewing. Over 20 years of waiting for Geno and SMRPG's big moment, I really hope this is it fellas.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I came to this thread because of starling speculation of all things, so it'll nice to come out of this satisfied instead of having my time here live and die on crazy rumors :ultpacman:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Seems like it might actually be time! I hope Nintendo does us a favor and announces a direct soon then. I’m feeling overly confident about Geno now, and it feels sort of more real than any leak like the Grinch leak. I’d still love Geno AND Waluigi of course, but it’s pretty clear since these are the last five characters as Sakurai said, we’re probably not getting two Mario reps. So I’m rooting for Geno all the way. And we potentially only have one more day until it happens.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I have a confession to make...

I never thought Geno had a chance, I always believed that after being regulated to being a Mii costume in Smash 4 he was only destined to return as one in Ultimate.
Luigi-s-Mansion-3-Nintendo-Direct-News-Release-Date-Switch-updates-coming-today-at-E3-783516.j...jpg

Yeah... I was pretty close minded when it came to Square Enix content in Smash, but can you blame me? They set the lowest standard with Cloud in terms of content.
I never even knew Geno was 3rd party till I found about the unused content in Brawl, like the forbidden seven, and that led me to the "Forest Mushroom" track, which at the time was believed to be related to SMRPG.
smrpg.png

Some history, in the past while I was never interested in Geno or SMRPG I was always a big fan of the Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi series of games.
My first Mario RPG was PM 64, and it was an experience, quite literally.
Papermario.jpg

English isn't my native language, I'm from the middle east, and where I live we didn't really have a lot to keep us occupied or entertained other than playing soccer in the alleys, tag, or anything that's considered traditional or folk games.
I was blessed with a loving family, that also happened to be heavily interested in video games.
ce9bf2f2d710b9c43f7b1d3fa9d4bc84.png

As a kid I used to play a lot on my N64 and GBC, games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Land were simple and fun.
But I also had Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, and I got stuck because I couldn't understand any text other than New or Start.
OOS-Din_dances_with_Link.png

You don't simply get bored with a game, even if you can't understand 99% of it, because then where to?
There's nothing else to do, better get used to deciphering.
ThinkstockPhotos-501642612.jpg

Then the internet arrived, and it was like opening pandora's box.
You had gaming sites that had all these secret 'codes' and 'methods', on how to unlock Mario in Luigi's Mansion, or better yet Batman in Super Smash Bros Melee...
Fun times.
batmanssb.jpg

I was first introduced to SMRPG through a collection of classic NES, and SNES Mario games I bought that were burned on a CD and played on my PS2?
Yeeeeah, Mario on playstation...
That was actually a thing.
hqdefault.jpg

SMRPG was the laggiest game on that CD, like you wouldn't believe, it took me 40 minutes to get by the intro where Peach gets kidnapped.
I just gave up, I never got to experience this game. I only got introduced to Geno through this animated music video.
https://youtu.be/QfXng_kD9ZA
Screenshot_20200719-125943_YouTube.jpg

As a teen I was big on DBZ, and when I first saw Geno, I thought he looked Piccolo-level of badass.
piccolo-super-dragon-ball-z-dragon-ball-gt-final-bout-goku-gohan-manga-png-free-download-cc9bf...png

He looked different from the usual happy-go-lucky Mario characters.
n64_mario_party_2_p_qosidi.jpg

My most wanted currently is Waluigi.
170px-WaluigiSMP2.png

But that's only because my previous MW's all got in.
:ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultsonic::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultridley::ultsimon:

Of course, I appreciated Sakurai's craftsmanship in each Smash installment, and began imagining the potential of other newcomers, Geno included.
I know I said in the beginning of this post that I wasn't really that keen on Geno because of Square Enix.
But after discovering this thread, reading through potential evidence in Geno's favor, Hero getting revealed for FP1 without Geno's mii costume, and seeing your passion for this one-off character that left such a big and meaningful impact on your lives, I began opening my eyes.
"Maybe it's not as impossible as I thought it would be." I said to myself.
OH7TFW.jpg

But this also brought in fears that Geno might take the spot from Waluigi as the next Mario rep.
Of course, I never let those fears take hold of me, because as much as I want Waluigi in Smash, I would never antagonize a group of fans for wanting a different character than mine, we are all in the same boat.
We're all in this journey to Smash Bros together, different circumstances, but same destination.
ssblogo.jpg

So, thank you guys, I really mean it, because whatever happens come July 20th, I just wanna let you know that I had some of the best times being here, being part of this amazing group of people.
Shine on star warriors, may all your wishes come true.
20200719_135518.jpg

(Image credit: https://mobile.twitter.com/Stoic_Miiverse

Attachments

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
man, to think we are on possibly the last legs, at this point, who knows what will happen, im just so glad i joined here with people like you guys, even tho i dont talk here much its just so nice to see all the speculation!
even if the worst if to come what can we bring out of this?

-a community of people
- many new projects that have been made
-friendships
-a confirmation of a fan rule being cozwollop
-and proof you can bring old characters back!

also one more thing, about that caco mallow thing? i need to know if thats been deconfirmed.

(edited cuz typo)

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I only got introduced to Geno through this animated music video.
https://youtu.be/QfXng_kD9ZA
View attachment 279205
I'm genuinely curious how important Rawest Forest was to building Geno's popularity, particularly for people who missed the original release due to being too young or in the wrong region. I'm pretty sure the video was my introduction to Geno, and possibly Mario RPG as a whole, and it Geno and Beware the Forest's Mushrooms absolutely legendary to kid me.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ditto!
Twitter IS AWFUL for a gallery, don't EVER make this mistake.
Yeah that's why I always have image mirrors on either imgur or Tumblr when I post art on there. Quality reduction is a *****.

Anyway, what's up, guys?

Ah. I see. :cheep:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I'm genuinely curious how important Rawest Forest was to building Geno's popularity, particularly for people who missed the original release due to being too young or in the wrong region. I'm pretty sure the video was my introduction to Geno, and possibly Mario RPG as a whole, and it Geno and Beware the Forest's Mushrooms absolutely legendary to kid me.
other than that video the one who introduced me to Geno and smrpg was a man named chuggaconroy when he played the game on his channel

Theguy123

Smash Lord
What have I missed. Haven’t checked in a few days and now we’re at 3020 pages. I must of missed something big.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
What have I missed. Haven’t checked in a few days and now we’re at 3020 pages. I must of missed something big.
A couple people with sources dipped into the thread last night to leave mysterious smiles and "enjoy the direct ;)" sorts of messages, which is more or less what happened in the Banjo thread right before he was revealed.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
okay so, gamestop might of did an oopsie, thats one of them.
saw that on Twitter

A couple people with sources dipped into the thread last night to leave mysterious smiles and "enjoy the direct ;)" sorts of messages, which is more or less what happened in the Banjo thread right before he was revealed.
Ohhh god ohhh god ohhhh goddd. I’m excited now. It’s time boys

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Just re-watched the Rawest Forest video through the link provided. God, that takes me back, roaming around pre-2010's YouTube and watching tons of different videos about Mario... that I probably shouldn't have been watching at my age back then. Like a lot of other young'uns who know about Geno, this video was essentially my first exposure to him.

Here's another gem from pre-2010's YouTube...
Once Ultimate finishes development and all the DLC characters are available, I want to see someone remake this video with all of Ultimate's roster, Geno included.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Going to be offline most of the day today, guess I'll check up here before I head o-
DkFb8WdUwAU8mU8.jpg

Is it happening? Been trying to keep my expectations in check recently, but with these teases, I can throw that out the window I guess

Seems like we're in the final stretch here! Let's hope he makes it after all these years
88-1529.png

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Maybe it´s because I´m a drunk with 6 shots of tequila, but if this is the felina week of the thread, I can say it´s been a fun week.

Whether if G is a playable character or a costume, I´m gonna be sad.Don´t get angry and never lose your cool if we don´t get what we want. It was a fun ride. So much happened.
I might not post too much in other threads, except Nightmare or Dante. But it will not be as much as Geno. Too close to my childhood and the others were my teen years. Dream on, Genobros.
No way man if we don't get what we want we will all angrily pile into the *** kicker Express and then...pull a Squidward by driving to the cemetery and openly weeping by a gravestone that says "here lies the Geno thread's hopes and dreams".

Griselda

Smash Lord
Maybe we're just being dragged along again. Maybe nothing will happen. But on the other hand.. If this is really the end of the line.. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here. But I needed to do this.
Geppetto Finale.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
saw that on Twitter

Ohhh god ohhh god ohhhh goddd. I’m excited now. It’s time boys
I merged the posts together this time, but if you're quoting multiple people at once, you can hit reply to every post that you want to quote rather than double-posting. (or you can edit it in)

I missed the people showing up to post messages like "enjoy the Direct ;)" so I'll have to go back and look for them. However, much like with Banjo, I'm not going to get my hopes up because of that. (I'm not even sure that we're having a Direct) I can still remember in the Smash 4 days, where the source behind the Gematsu leak said "hope you enjoy Shulk's reveal" when we got a Smash reveal trailer announced out of nowhere, only for it to turn out to be Robin and Lucina. (when the leak said that Chrom was going to be playable)

I really hope that we do get a Direct, and that Geno is included (I've been wanting him in for 14 years, maybe longer - I can't remember what my wishlist was like before Brawl's announcement aside from characters who have already gotten in, like Wario, Meta Knight, Charizard, and Banjo-Kazooie), but given that Nintendo's basically been silent for close to a year, I have my doubts.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So not just Naz, but Rummy as well? Things are about to get crazy y'all.

Now something tells me it's not just "THAT". There may be something else coming. It may not be related to Geno or SMRPG, but something...idk lol

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I merged the posts together this time, but if you're quoting multiple people at once, you can hit reply to every post that you want to quote rather than double-posting. (or you can edit it in)

I missed the people showing up to post messages like "enjoy the Direct ;)" so I'll have to go back and look for them. However, much like with Banjo, I'm not going to get my hopes up because of that. (I'm not even sure that we're having a Direct) I can still remember in the Smash 4 days, where the source behind the Gematsu leak said "hope you enjoy Shulk's reveal" when we got a Smash reveal trailer announced out of nowhere, only for it to turn out to be Robin and Lucina. (when the leak said that Chrom was going to be playable)

I really hope that we do get a Direct, and that Geno is included (I've been wanting him in for 14 years, maybe longer - I can't remember what my wishlist was like before Brawl's announcement aside from characters who have already gotten in, like Wario, Meta Knight, Charizard, and Banjo-Kazooie), but given that Nintendo's basically been silent for close to a year, I have my doubts.
if you find it, would you be able to quote it so i can have a look? :O

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
So not just Naz, but Rummy as well? Things are about to get crazy y'all.

Now something tells me it's not just "THAT". There may be something else coming. It may not be related to Geno or SMRPG, but something...idk lol
Fatman has been hinting at it too

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Rummy and Nazyrus: "Time to sleep"

Everyone else: "CP7 confirmed"

Sorry I had to
'I think I will have pancakes today.'
'Fighter 8 confirmed.'

'Uh oops, I'm out of oranges. I have to go to Shoprite and get some more later.'
'Fighter 9 confirmed.'

'Oh great, there's an 'I Love Lucy' marathon today.'
'Fighter 10 confirmed.'

'Master Chief will be the 11th character in Smash Brothers Ultimate.'
'I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?'

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
if you find it, would you be able to quote it so i can have a look? :O
They were posted here:

* Naz comes to smile without saying why, then leaves the chat and goes to sleep *
Sleep well @Nazyrus . I know i will as well...
Fatmanonice provided context for these posts here:

@Nazyrus and @Rummy , I appreciate you all coming by.

To explain some history, both were in "Sabi's circle" along with me from November 2018 to November 2019. We can vouch for each other that we knew about Banjo weeks in advance last year and if they're both coming here with their own connections and networks and telling you all to be optimistic, I would definitely take it as a great sign. Both are great guys and I absolutely trust both of them.
I might need more context on what "Sabi's circle" involves (I don't know what kind of a track record Sabi's sources had, aside from getting E3's line-up correct for either 2019 or 2018, though Sabi was allegedly contacted by a lawyer and told to knock it off before they could reveal Nintendo's line-up), but given the sort of hints that popped up shortly before Geno's reveal, it seems promising. (though there's always the possibility that someone somewhere along the line is making stuff up to mess with us - any Smash fanbase tends to latch on to theories that make their preferred character seem more likely)

'I think I will have pancakes today.'
'Fighter 8 confirmed.'
Persona 5 spoilers:

Seriously, don't look unless you've gotten to the true ending of Persona 5.
Wow, I can't believe they're adding Akechi into Smash.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Geno does get revealed tomorrow, there will be some tears of happiness shed. Both from me and others

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
For the longest time, those who wanted Geno playable in a Smash game had to turn to fan projects like Legacy XP and Project M...
... and now there's a chance that, within the next 48 hours, we'll end up seeing an official Nintendo/Sakurai-approved take on a playable Geno. That July 20th Direct just can't come fast enough.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide.
No escape from reality.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, which posts on this topic showed that?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
We want it all
And tonight we got the call
We're running high but we won't fall
We want it all
We won't be denied
Like a breaker at high tide