• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I just watched PapaGenos' latest video and am scared to death the final DLC is gonna be Lloyd, Katalina, Steve, a Dragon Quest character... Smash used to be like playing Saturday morning cartoons, but now it's over-saturated with boring anime sword users; Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite franchises and I have no strong desire to see Sora in the game.

And I actually feel like the majority of people enjoy these types of characters, and that a Sora reveal would go over well.
The only anime swordsman I really want (even though he is more like earthbender) is Isaac, since he is a Nintendo character from a fairly popular unrepresented Nintendo franchise and he could have a really cool moveset and stage.

I am kind of stingy with third partys (like a good portion of Smash fans), I think they have to be among the most iconic characters from really important gaming franchises (Snake with Metal Gear, Cloud with Final Fantasy, Pac Man and arcade gaming, Sonic with Sega), are so close to Nintendo that that that they are practically Nintendo (Bayonetta), or both (Mega Man, Ryu with Street Fighter, Simon with Castlevania). Sora doesn't have the same level of icon status or importance the others have and isn't associated with Nintendo. I like Overwatch, but I have no desire to see their characters in Smash, because they don't come close to fitting either of those two criteria.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Decided to look it up and Chrono Trigger is now owned by Armor Project too. They completely bought the rights from Square Enix in 2011. Geeze, what iconic Square Enix series actually belong to Square Enix aside from Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider?

Dan Dan Smashboards was founded in 2001.
This doesn't shock me. Yuji Horii was a key writer behind Chrono Trigger and Armor is his company. Though I'm only seeing that he co owns the scenarios/story not the IP itself.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nothing wrong with Lloyd. He fights like a berserker anyways which is something Smash doesn't have yet. I think there will be another Namco rep and I'd much prefer him to Heihachi, especially given how Tekken has had literally one game on a Nintendo platform and it was a freakin' spinoff.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Decided to look it up and Chrono Trigger is now owned by Armor Project too. They completely bought the rights from Square Enix in 2011. Geeze, what iconic Square Enix series actually belong to Square Enix aside from Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider?

Dan Dan Smashboards was founded in 2001.
My question is when a guy like Vergeben says "a Square Enix character is the first DLC" what is he implying? Is the character owned by Square? Is it just a character who is on a game published by Square? That's the thing that puzzles me. If all of these characters aren't owned by Square, then it really only means that a select few characters who would be part of that group. If it's a character who is simply attached to a Square game, then obviously the selection is much greater. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of it. Vergeben COULD be wrong (although I think he definitely has some merit) but it's not like he'll reveal who it is anyways.

Nothing wrong with Lloyd. He fights like a berserker anyways which is something Smash doesn't have yet. I think there will be another Namco rep and I'd much prefer him to Heihachi, especially given how Tekken has had literally one game on a Nintendo platform and it was a freakin' spinoff.
I've never played Tales of Symphonia, but I think Lloyd looks cool. I agree I'd rather have him over Heihachi. I don't mind all the swordfighters as long as they are unique in some way.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
The only anime swordsman I really want (even though he is more like earthbender) is Isaac, since he is a Nintendo character from a fairly popular unrepresented Nintendo franchise and he could have a really cool moveset and stage.

I am kind of stingy with third partys (like a good portion of Smash fans), I think they have to be among the most iconic characters from really important gaming franchises (Snake with Metal Gear, Cloud with Final Fantasy, Pac Man and arcade gaming, Sonic with Sega), are so close to Nintendo that that that they are practically Nintendo (Bayonetta), or both (Mega Man, Ryu with Street Fighter, Simon with Castlevania). Sora doesn't have the same level of icon status or importance the others have and isn't associated with Nintendo. I like Overwatch, but I have no desire to see their characters in Smash, because they don't come close to fitting either of those two criteria.
I actually got the only other anime swordsman I wanted in this game being Chrom. I was so happy. XD

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Melee speculation? On the internet?
Yeah, a forum called VGchat. Back then of course we didn't really think of it as "Melee speculation" but rather "If they were to make Super Smash Bros. 2, who would you want in?". I mostly remember a user named Peach and she wanted Geno, and that was the first time I had ever heard of Geno. It was a small but vocal group of people on a tiny corner of the internet but it stuck with me. We bonded because we were the only two people on the forum who had played Mischief Makers (and Marina Liteyears was the one I wanted most). I don't even think we considered the possibility of "Super Smash Bros. For Dolphin". Times were simpler then. I was just lucky my parents were early adopters with America Online.

Weird story, shortly after Melee dropped I somehow managed to become a mod of the Super Smash Bros. section of that forum despite being, like...10 or 11. I logged on, saw that I could edit peoples' posts, edited one, panicked, and never went back.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Is that why it's hard to find the DS port these days, I wonder? Eh, at least I managed to get the Steam version, for all the faults (at least it's better than when it was first released there).

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Yeah, a forum called VGchat. Back then of course we didn't really think of it as "Melee speculation" but rather "If they were to make Super Smash Bros. 2, who would you want in?". I mostly remember a user named Peach and she wanted Geno, and that was the first time I had ever heard of Geno. It was a small but vocal group of people on a tiny corner of the internet but it stuck with me. We bonded because we were the only two people on the forum who had played Mischief Makers (and Marina Liteyears was the one I wanted most). I don't even think we considered the possibility of "Super Smash Bros. For Dolphin". Times were simpler then. I was just lucky my parents were early adopters with America Online.

Weird story, shortly after Melee dropped I somehow managed to become a mod of the Super Smash Bros. section of that forum despite being, like...10 or 11. I logged on, saw that I could edit peoples' posts, edited one, panicked, and never went back.
You are killing me with the early-2000s stuff... American Online, Dolphin... ha! :grin:

I remember Toad on Geocities, but you are a dinosaur mate (jk, you're probably only a couple years older than me ;)).

To me, the graphical/character/everything jump from 64 to Melee was astounding, not only given the short development cycle, but dramatic improvement; we will never see anything like that again. Look at 64 to Melee and then Melee to Ultimate; I feel like it would've taken 17 years to get to Melee, not the other way around.

Nicemaymay

Smash Rookie
I Really hope that they dont Use a dragon quest character as the square rep instead of Geno because we need him in smash deadass

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm not interested at all by the idea of having a fight, sorry, do it alone dude. Your post is full of assumptions (and by the way, 100% of them are wrong). If you think that people can criticize something only if they can do the same, that's your opinion, I'm fine with it, but this is not what I think. I said that I loved the characters, I just hate the timing. Geno doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I think that spirits and adventure modes are bad.

That's my opinion, I never asked anyone to share it and I never said that it was a fact. Also, I didn't bash anyone because he has the "wrong opinion" or because he's "disgusting me" or because he's "the most ungrateful people ever". If you have a problem with different opinions than yours, that's fine, I don't have any problem with it. So yeah dude, if writing all of this made you feel better, I'm happy for you. But I'm not interested by a fight. I prefer to focus on something positive and productive like speculating about Geno's chances as DLC.
I'm okay with people having differing opinions, we would have a rather boring world if that were the case.

I'm just getting on you because your opinion is ALSO made on assumptions and is rather negative on things you clearly don't understand. You can not like it, but perhaps research things before you make an opinion on it so that you aren't defeated so easily, like I did before responding to you. Also, you KINDA went in on Sakurai for no reason other than you didn't think what you got was good enough, which is selfish and immature, so I felt to need to clapback at you.

The part that disgusted me wasn't you as a whole or your opinion about the direct, but your unhealthy attitude about it all and your misinformation on Sakurai's work ethic.

Klimax

Smash Ace

Yeaaaaah Mischief Makers ruuuuuules ! A real hidden gem in my opinion !

In my memory, the oldest smash related fake i saw on the internet was probably the one with Toad in Melee. I also remember about a fake involving Sonic.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I pointed this out yesterday. Even stranger, not a single Dragon Quest game was liscensed for us on the Wii or Wii U Virtual Console in any region too. Another important note, the last mainstream game that was released on a Nintendo platform and not a Japanese exclusive was for the DS in 2009.
By the way this isn't true. DQ 7 and 8 came here on 3DS.

Also someone brought something to my attention. Has any character had more than 1 icon? Because if Geno got in he'd have 2.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
By the way this isn't true. DQ 7 and 8 came here on 3DS.

Also someone brought something to my attention. Has any character had more than 1 icon? Because if Geno got in he'd have 2.
i mean, DQ 7's remake took 3 years to come out in america after japan. not sure how much that means but

link2702

Smash Champion
Browsing through deviantart can sometimes be a terrifying experience... idk what compelled me to go there and browse geno fanart but I really wish i didn’t now....

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeaaaaah Mischief Makers ruuuuuules ! A real hidden gem in my opinion !

In my memory, the oldest smash related fake i saw on the internet was probably the one with Toad in Melee. I also remember about a fake involving Sonic.
Marina is my number one...or rather I consider her my number zero because I have to support her but I know she's impossible, so my actual number ones are a little more down to Earth. But she was my original most-wanted!

The classic video game hoaxes were a blast back then. Sorry to being up a sore subject, but part of what made the Grinch leak so powerful, I feel, was that it was just believable enough to work, very much like the old Sonic & Tails or Toad rumors for Melee, or the Find The Triforce rumors for OoT, or L Is Real for Super Mario 64. Just enough corroborating evidence fed to a group of people willing to test it out in games known for having strange Easter Eggs and secrets already... I have no doubt that the Grinch was the first time a lot of newer fans, especially younger fans, had ever experienced a hoax of that magnitude. Sonic & Tails was like that, but at least that was eventually clearly debunked as a harmless April Fool's prank.

We've come a long way from "Ariana took pictures of Link in the Temple of Light, so the Triforce MUST be obtainable!". Just funny to think about.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Marina is my number one...or rather I consider her my number zero because I have to support her but I know she's impossible, so my actual number ones are a little more down to Earth. But she was my original most-wanted!
I had the privilege of playing Mischief Makers the year it came out in 1997. I saw it boxed at some rental store counter and wondered what it was, and my brother rented Extreme-G and asked if I wanted to rent anything, so I just took that one with me. It's definitely a hidden gem of a game and I always return to playing it at some point. Getting all of the gold gems was both fun and difficult, but worth it for the ending.

I do remember that hoax about Toad being unlockable in Melee in the early 2000's; I saw it on some Smash Bros. website I don't remember the name of, and reading how you had to shoot all of the credits after beating the game. It was just too insanely hard to imagine attempting that, but it's safe to say I never did fully try to unlock him. I don't even remember at what point I must have figured it was probably fake or I heard about it somewhere else.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I saw a comment on a video that said that Square probably wouldn't have gone for giving a character for free DLC. Considering the majority of people will probably get the free download, it would really cut into the profits for whichever character was the free download. It does make sense that the free download is a character like Piranha Plant and not a 3rd party character. Considering how stingy Square supposedly is, it makes perfect sense that Geno wasn't that free download.

Klimax

Smash Ace

The classic video game hoaxes were a blast back then. Sorry to being up a sore subject, but part of what made the Grinch leak so powerful, I feel, was that it was just believable enough to work, very much like the old Sonic & Tails or Toad rumors for Melee, or the Find The Triforce rumors for OoT, or L Is Real for Super Mario 64. Just enough corroborating evidence fed to a group of people willing to test it out in games known for having strange Easter Eggs and secrets already... I have no doubt that the Grinch was the first time a lot of newer fans, especially younger fans, had ever experienced a hoax of that magnitude. Sonic & Tails was like that, but at least that was eventually clearly debunked as a harmless April Fool's prank.

We've come a long way from "Ariana took pictures of Link in the Temple of Light, so the Triforce MUST be obtainable!". Just funny to think about.
Yup, they were definitely funnier back in the days, I remember being 7 and being crazy about these "Waluigi is in Super Mario 64 DS", looking at evidences on the internet at that time, especially when you're young was a ton of fun. It was like a big adventure. :laugh:

And this is by exploring the internet like this that you discover some crazy things. For example, I remember finding out about Super Mario RPG's existence by an obscure website called mario monsters or something like this (it had artwork for nearly EVERY Mario's villains).

At that time, the internet was like a huge deep jungle and sometimes, by pure random, you discovered some ancient gems (that's how I discovered Geno). Today, it feels more like a big city telling you constantly where you can go. It changed a lot. :laugh:

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice

You got a like just for mentioning Marina
How sad is that she's one of the most obscure characters ever. I bet she would be a great addition to Smash roster

NukeA6

Smash Master
I just watched PapaGenos' latest video and am scared to death the final DLC is gonna be Lloyd, Katalina, Steve, a Dragon Quest character...
Keep in mind that there are 5 DLC characters with Piranha Plant NOT being part of them (notice it's not getting a stage like the others?). There's a reason why the plant is free for a limited time and why the season pass is full price for 5.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You got a like just for mentioning Marina
How sad is that she's one of the most obscure characters ever. I bet she would be a great addition to Smash roster
It breaks my heart. I've wanted her since Smash 64 came out. If we got so much as a Spirit I would be satisfied, even if the dream is of course a playable fighter.

Nice to see Marina fans come out of the woodwork like this. Maybe if there's another ballot we can actually make a dent some time.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Im gonna be optimistic with my DLC prediction.

1: Geno - Square rep
2: Sora - Disney Rep
3: Katalina - Cygames Rep
4: Banjo Kazooie - Microsoft Rep - Mine craft music as part of music pack.
5: Bandana Dee - Nintendo
this makes sense based on what we know except for the sora thing. i cant imagine sora getting in at all, especially not if geno gets in instead, but thats just me

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Im gonna be optimistic with my DLC prediction.

1: Geno - Square rep
2: Sora - Disney Rep
3: Katalina - Cygames Rep
4: Banjo Kazooie - Microsoft Rep - Mine craft music as part of music pack.
5: Bandana Dee - Nintendo
this makes sense based on what we know except for the sora thing. i cant imagine sora getting in at all, especially not if geno gets in instead, but thats just me
I think that if Sora and Katalina get in, it wouldn’t be in this first set of 5, especially with how recent the Katalina talks apparently were. I could personally see things going more like:

Pass One:
Geno
Elma
Bandana Dee
Lloyd
Banjo

Pass Two:
Sora
Steve
Katalina
???
???

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I think that if Sora and Katalina get in, it wouldn’t be in this first set of 5, especially with how recent the Katalina talks apparently were. I could personally see things going more like:

Pass One:
Geno
Elma
Bandana Dee
Lloyd
Banjo

Pass Two:
Sora
Steve
Catalina
???
???
yea, the katalina talk being so recent really makes me think theres gonna be multiple seasons or sets of dlc instead of just one

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I am actually going to need some help on this one, but it occured to me today that I hadn't fully looked at Fortune Street (series).

For those of you who dont know what im talking about, Fortune street is a mario party/economy style game featuring Mario and Dragon Quest characters. In the Wii Version named Fortune Street, Peach's Castle Theme is actually the "Hello Happy Kingdom" theme from Super Mario RPG, but the composer for the game is actually different, Takafumi Nishimura, which is odd since Yoko was still on staff with Square.

This series has been going strong since the 90's but very little is known about it in the west, hell even most official info gatherings of SMRPG doesnt even list the song reference in fortune street, and since the name of the song was changed, who knows how many others. The wii game actually sports quite a few remix's from the mario series that I've never heard used anywhere else, and the smw bowser fight and delfino plaza are especially good.

Take a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOMr98zDiok&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2gNU_2WC54WT63OhzkiY8_&index=23

I want to find out more about the series and see what else we can dig up and hopefully find some more smrpg references, cause if there is music, who knows, maybe an official 3d model of geno or mallow exists.

This also begs the question: What would Geno actually look like in ultimate?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
yea, the katalina talk being so recent really makes me think theres gonna be multiple seasons or sets of dlc instead of just one
I understand that the recent talks do make it seem less likely, but what if Sakurai's DLC plans were not specific but general?

Like what if his design doc looked like:

1: Geno - Got the rights, may as well use them.
2: Mobile Game Character
3: Microsoft Character
4: First Party Character
5: Namco Character

By leaving the document open ended like that, that leaves time for negotiating during the game process since development wouldn't begin til after launch anyways.

Just a theory

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ok, so I am actually going to need some help on this one, but it occured to me today that I hadn't fully looked at Fortune Street (series).

For those of you who dont know what im talking about, Fortune street is a mario party/economy style game featuring Mario and Dragon Quest characters. In the Wii Version named Fortune Street, Peach's Castle Theme is actually the "Hello Happy Kingdom" theme from Super Mario RPG, but the composer for the game is actually different, Takafumi Nishimura, which is odd since Yoko was still on staff with Square.

This series has been going strong since the 90's but very little is known about it in the west, hell even most official info gatherings of SMRPG doesnt even list the song reference in fortune street, and since the name of the song was changed, who knows how many others. The wii game actually sports quite a few remix's from the mario series that I've never heard used anywhere else, and the smw bowser fight and delfino plaza are especially good.

Take a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOMr98zDiok&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2gNU_2WC54WT63OhzkiY8_&index=23

I want to find out more about the series and see what else we can dig up and hopefully find some more smrpg references, cause if there is music, who knows, maybe an official 3d model of geno or mallow exists.

This also begs the question: What would Geno actually look like in ultimate?
Well, I did a little digging, and it seems the only other Fortune Street game to feature Mario characters was the Japan-exclusive Itadaki Street DS, which notably also featured a remix of Hello Happy Kingdom, but doesn't seem to have any other reference to SMRPG within. Guess Hello Happy Kingdom is the only part of SMRPG Square Enix likes anymore.

Last edited:

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Not usually one to report on random text leaks, but I didn't see anyone post it yet, so here goes.

Translation of 2chan Smash leak
- Offline demo will come on December 1st.
- 10 playable characters and some stages but there will be no key configurations.
- Geno trailer will show up in the start of the demo.
- He’ll be distributated on spring 2019.
- Smash smartphone app on February 2019 and there will be purchasable alternative costumes too.
- Nintendo is planning to support smash for a long time like splatoon.
- 6 characters for DLC have been already decided not including piranha plant. (The leaker said Pacman but he corrected that it meaned to be piranha plant since the Japanese name of it sounds a little similer.)
- Rex and Steve will be announced during the Nintendo conference on January.
- Minecraft like stage creation mode is coming as free update feature.
- DLC echoes are coming but no stages and musics.

http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1541373480/
Don't think I'm buying it, but I guess we'll know for sure come December. No, I don't know anything about the leaker or how trustworthy it is. Probably fake, but who knows?

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
If there was a Demo to come out soon, they would've announced it at the Direct. I'd dismiss it.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I understand that the recent talks do make it seem less likely, but what if Sakurai's DLC plans were not specific but general?

Like what if his design doc looked like:

1: Geno - Got the rights, may as well use them.
2: Mobile Game Character
3: Microsoft Character
4: First Party Character
5: Namco Character

By leaving the document open ended like that, that leaves time for negotiating during the game process since development wouldn't begin til after launch anyways.

Just a theory
that doesnt really seem like a very sakurai thing to do tbh. he'd probably want specific characters

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Sounds too good to be real as always lol. If there was a demo, they would announce it during the last Direct. We've been told that the DLC roster is already confirmed and that's the main reason why we can't get Rex as playable, so teasing him in January sounds a little bit weird. Unless Nintendo is planning to make a second wave of DLCs.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
If there was a Demo to come out soon, they would've announced it at the Direct. I'd dismiss it.
i mean i feel like it should be dismissed because theres no way in hell theyd have a demo that close to the game launching, not necessarily because they didnt announce it

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Is that why it's hard to find the DS port these days, I wonder? Eh, at least I managed to get the Steam version, for all the faults (at least it's better than when it was first released there).
You're good. Since it got updated, the steam version is basically just a better version of the DS one, which was already the best version of the game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd like to point out a flaw in logic (at least I believe) in the ''Square is stingy and won't let Sakurai use Geno in Smash" theory.

Why would they let Sakurai pay to have a Mii Costume and his image in Spirits and Icons then? What is there gain there? There's nothing for them in any of this save the Mii Costume DLC from last time.

Elsewise why would Sakurai get obvious image rights for the character but not actually use him in any meaningful capacity? If there was a problem holding him up from playable. You have his image and are very clearly capable of using it, make him an assist trophy.

2+2 does not equal 3 and the whole situation isn't making a bit of sense when it comes to Geno in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out a flaw in logic (at least I believe) in the ''Square is stingy and won't let Sakurai use Geno in Smash" theory.

Why would they let Sakurai pay to have a Mii Costume and his image in Spirits and Icons then? What is there gain there? There's nothing for them in any of this save the Mii Costume DLC from last time.

Elsewise why would Sakurai get obvious image rights for the character but not actually use him in any meaningful capacity? If there was a problem holding him up from playable. You have his image and are very clearly capable of using it, make him an assist trophy.

2+2 does not equal 3 and the whole situation isn't making a bit of sense when it comes to Geno in my opinion.
Thats actually a pretty good point, but logic and sakurai also dont mix often, nor nintendo for that matter.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Before we get on that particular train of thought, let's wait for the game to release to understand the full extent of Geno in Ultimate. He could very well be in and not shown off. I would have previously thought Sakurai would show him given his popularity, but it's very possible he just wouldn't given what happened with the likes of Isaac and Shadow in particular. He's not nearly as concerned with letting us down gently as we thought (And seriously the deconfirmations this game have been the absolute most brutal with so many assist trophies). I want to see the base game before I really think of anything related to Geno good or bad (Outside of an obligatory Nintendo reveal for a DLC fighter in say a Direct or at TGAs).

I'm still not super convinced Sakurai can put him as enough of a priority to include after he couldn't even make Isaac one though. I'm a little bit horribly depressed when it comes to the popular irrelevant choices again... Though my one note is that looking back on the famous Japanese poll, this one: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/

I do wonder maybe if Isaac's lack of huge popularity in Japan might have resulted in him being less relevant to Sakurai personally. That list is super telling when you consider what's currently in Ultimate. Six of the top ten are currently in, two of which being newcomers in Inkling and King K Rool and they did have limited spots on the roster. Two of the others are Kirby characters, so Magolor in all liklihood would be out in favor of Bandanna Dee. And what are we left with at that point? Geno and Banjo... I ****ing wish. Bandanna Dee, Geno, and Banjo would make for such a hype DLC cycle, but at best I'm currently expecting one of them...

I swear Verge giving any legitimacy to the Granblue character has made me more pissed off than anything that happened in the Direct. Sakurai has held such a high standard for his third party characters, to then not only break that standard, but to break it with a brand new mobile game would actually destroy my soul.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Quite simply, there are two possible endgames here. Either he’s a max-level, super-rare Spirit with a fight involving his Mii Costume like Lip, or he’s DLC, likely the first of the pass. The fact that we haven’t seen him as a Spirit at all so far is incredibly promising for the latter option, and the earlier rumors about him being the first DLC and potentially even already playable(!) are quite exciting.

Either way, we’ll know in just under a month, when the full list of Spirits inevitably gets datamined from an early copy.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It breaks my heart. I've wanted her since Smash 64 came out. If we got so much as a Spirit I would be satisfied, even if the dream is of course a playable fighter.

Nice to see Marina fans come out of the woodwork like this. Maybe if there's another ballot we can actually make a dent some time.
What, there has been some Mischief Makers discussion without meeee? Awesome to see some fans of this hidden gem on the wonderful N64 console, I hope she does end up as a high-leveled spirit or something. Well, speaking of how I first came to know Geno, I used to hang out in a place called Nsider for the old Pre-Brawl speculation, I fought out about Geno there and wanted to know what was cool about him so I downloaded SMRPG and came to be a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom