• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
In response to the amazing ganondorf mod on the previous page, what would folks reaction be if the 6th character was a new version of ganondorf that was similar to that? And sakurai’s reasoning was because he felt many still liked falcondorf, but he wanted to also put a version closer to the source material, so he put both.

Alternatively, what if he was a “bonus/extra” 7th character and was free to anyone who just had ganondorf unlocked in both wol and normal game modes?
I'm honestly in stark opposition to any more variations of the same character, regardless of style. We've got 2 Marios, 2 Pits, 3 Links, 3 Samuses and 4 Marths (hehehe). Just give me new characters, please. I'm done with the "versions".

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There is a rumor that we are getting a dual pack remake of Fire Emblem 6 (the game Roy debuted in) and Fire Emblem 7, where Lyn comes from, which depending on how they do it, concidering 6 is a sequel to 7 in terms of story.
I thought the rumor was FE4? Regardless, I do think there was another 3DS FE remake planned and its been pushed up to Switch, along with whatever other 3DS games they were doing before Inside Story bombed, likely also all remakes.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Wouldn't that rule out Geno, though?

I don't really get the mindset - I've seen people say that Smash Bros. needs to go back to being purely Nintendo, and all of the third party characters need to be removed to "make Smash Bros. great again" (nobody's actually used those words, but that's the sort of feeling that I get from it), but third party characters have often been some of the most exciting or unexpected reveals in Smash Bros. history (Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.), and without the support of third party companies, Nintendo wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. (the performance of the Wii U seems to be enough proof of that, though it's kind of a chicken and the egg situation - did the Wii U sell poorly because third parties abandoned it, or did third parties abandon the Wii U because it sold poorly? Either way, third parties abandoning it didn't help sales going forward)
I feel like smash is so special BECAUSE it brings in other companies. Most franchise fighters rarely cast very far from the pool of characters they have available to them. Mortal Kombat being the exception.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
In response to the amazing ganondorf mod on the previous page, what would folks reaction be if the 6th character was a new version of ganondorf that was similar to that? And sakurai’s reasoning was because he felt many still liked falcondorf, but he wanted to also put a version closer to the source material, so he put both.

Alternatively, what if he was a “bonus/extra” 7th character and was free to anyone who just had ganondorf unlocked in both wol and normal game modes?
As much as I appreciated that Sakurai changed his design and added the sword, I was really hoping for complete overhaul for Ganondorf to actually fit his character. I completely understand back in Melee he wanted to put ganondorf in with limited time and resources so he cloned him from Captain Falcon, who compared to the other fighters, could have been the "closest" to fit due to those restraints.

But, come one, it's time for a change. We got three links (which I like, I know people wanted more variety, but for the sake of "everyone in", but hey we got our young link nod ((though a Majora's Mask style with the different masks ala Pokemon Trainer would be neat.) So another Ganondorf wouldn't be too much to ask for. Heck, do a Toon Ganondorf. Or Classic Ganon ... Piggy style!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I thought the rumor was FE4? Regardless, I do think there was another 3DS FE remake planned and its been pushed up to Switch, along with whatever other 3DS games they were doing before Inside Story bombed, likely also all remakes.
No, its FE 6&7. The Fire Emblem 4 part, I do believe is because Three Houses have taken a lot of inspiration from Genealogy of Holy War to the point that you can argue that one of the main lords (won¨t spoil in cause there is someone that has yet to play it but wants to) is based around one of the major players from Fire Emblem 4.

The Echoes producer has even come out and said around the release of echoes that Fire Emblem 6 is the Fire Emblem game he wants to remake the most, so the rumor sort of lines up if you know what I mean

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/18/15658120/fire-emblem-echoes-nintendo-3ds-remake-interview

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
No, its FE 6&7. The Fire Emblem 4 part, I do believe is because Three Houses have taken a lot of inspiration from Genealogy of Holy War to the point that you can argue that one of the main lords (won¨t spoil in cause there is someone that has yet to play it but wants to) is based around one of the major players from Fire Emblem.

The Echoes producer has even come out and said around the release of echoes that Fire Emblem 6 is the Fire Emblem game he wants to remake the most, so the rumor sort of lines up if you know what I mean

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/18/15658120/fire-emblem-echoes-nintendo-3ds-remake-interview
There's rumors for both going around right now. Probably won't have a clear answer until Nintendo reveals it themselves.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Well, Byleth was recorded two months ago, and in the presentation there was a whole spew of gameplay and nothing looked buggy or wrong, so I'm pretty confident in saying that Byleth is 100% finished (probably being tested) and that the next few weeks are just for prepping them for worldwide launch or something.

It might be a safe bet to guess we'll get Fighter 6's announcement "soon", not "very soon", but "soon". It'd be wise to start drumming up hype for pre-purchases of the fighter pass with a reveal, I'm no business expert, but I have seen some claim to "hold off" on purchasing the next pass all because of Byleth. (Which is rather silly, but I'm not one to dictate other's purchases.)

Also, with this being recorded two months ago, and a post a few pages back reminding us that Cacomallow was also two months ago-...
heh. heh. Heh. HEh- HAAAAA! HAAHA! It hasn't been disproven still! No one has come forth! Geno is very much still possible to be included in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Also, with this being recorded two months ago, and a post a few pages back reminding us that Cacomallow was also two months ago-...
heh. heh. Heh. HEh- HAAAAA! HAAHA! It hasn't been disproven still! No one has come forth! Geno is very much still possible to be included in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
While I¨m not arguing Geno's chances, I do think those costumes are fake at this point.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

Here I am with my grades for these FP characters:

Joker: B+ I think the best thing that happened was just how it happened, where it occurred during TGA, and it creamed audiences and critics alike with a Persona Character. Personally, he seems to be somewhat stockish in terms of who he is outside of his Persona, but he's got good memes on him.

Hero: C He wasn't really hype for me, though this isn't really "for me", but for the fans of Dragon Quest far and wide. He's not too bad, but he could be better, and I'd rather not deal with the RNG mechanics of random crits and spells.

Banjo: S I actually yelled so hard my vocal cords blew out for a bit. I've played Banjo-Tooie and saw a lot of Banjo around during my formative years, but to finally see a Rareware character making it big was beyond amazing to me.

Terry: B He's pretty damn cool, though unfortunately, Nintendo blundered up with the SNK copyright leak.

Byleth at this moment: D FireEmblem_TooManySwords.png Though in all fairness, it's sort of unfair to just write this character off as "Just another Marth", since they do actually have more of the Weapon Triangle stuff than any of the other FE Reps outside of Robin's magic bar.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Huh, I just noticed: Swap Banjo and Terry around, and this exactly mirrors the Smash 4 DLC.

We start off with a character that was apparently meant for the base game(Custom moves for Mewtwo, Guidance dialog for Plant) and was cut for a pre-order/early purchase bonus.

Next, we have two returning characters in 4, and two returning companies in Ultimate, both being RPG characters, with the second one being an anime swordfighter.

After that, we have a fighting game rep that no one particularly asked for and heavily uses command inputs, however on the other hand we also get an insane dream pick that many thought would be completely impossible.

And after that? The newest Fire Emblem protagonist, with male and female alts.

After realizing this, my question is... who’s going to be the Bayonetta to start off the next pass? Certainly can’t be a character that people actively want, so I wouldn’t expect Chief or Slayer.

Edit: Thinking about it, one could also make the argument that Joker simultaneously serves as the Bayonetta equivalent, being an M-rated gun-wielding character published yet not developed by Sega that people absolutely never thought would get in for various reasons.
Holy **** wait a second, if you disregard the returning characters and just focus on the main ones, it’s so much weirder:

-A long-running Square Enix JRPG protagonist
-A less-requested fighting game rep that uses command inputs
-A huge dream pick that for the longest time people thought would never get in
-The most recent Fire Emblem protagonist at the time, with male and female alts
-A gun-wielding, M-rated character published yet not developed by Sega who wears almost all black and prominently uses summons, who many people also thought wouldn’t happen for various reasons

We got the same goddamn thing both games, they just split Cloud into two characters, the SE RPG rep and the dream pick.

Honestly, I’m very close to going all-in and making this my prediction for how the next wave is going to go, except not quite as specific now that there’s the extra slot:

-Long-running JRPG protagonist: Sora/Lloyd
-Less-requested fighting game rep: Sol/ Heihachi/Nightmare
-Huge dream pick: Geno
-A Nintendo shill rep, maybe even another FE protagonist at this point, could also be a gen 8 Pokemon
-M-Rated character: Chief/Dragonborn/Slayer
-Waluigi: Waluigi

This mirror thing is so weird to me that I could totally see them flat-out doing it again.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of Sakurai's ominous "soon, muda****ers, soon", I think he was being literal. Joker was announced December 6th, Fighter's Pass was available to purchase December 7th. In my opinion, Fighter 6 is going to be revealed before the 28th, which is a Tuesday, oddly enough. 22nd or 23rd's looking good. SKU number **** would be about two weeks old at that point. It's high time for that General Direct.

Firox

Smash Master
Holy **** wait a second, if you disregard the returning characters and just focus on the main ones, it’s so much weirder:

-A long-running Square Enix JRPG protagonist
-A less-requested fighting game rep that uses command inputs
-A huge dream pick that for the longest time people thought would never get in
-The most recent Fire Emblem protagonist at the time, with male and female alts
-A gun-wielding, M-rated character published yet not developed by Sega who wears almost all black and prominently uses summons, who many people also thought wouldn’t happen for various reasons

We got the same goddamn thing both games, they just split Cloud into two characters, the SE RPG rep and the dream pick.

Honestly, I’m very close to going all-in and making this my prediction for how the next wave is going to go, except not quite as specific now that there’s the extra slot:

-Long-running JRPG protagonist: Sora/Lloyd
-Less-requested fighting game rep: Sol/ Heihachi/Nightmare
-Huge dream pick: Geno
-A Nintendo shill rep, maybe even another FE protagonist at this point, could also be a gen 8 Pokemon
-M-Rated character: Chief/Dragonborn/Slayer
-Waluigi: Waluigi

This mirror thing is so weird to me that I could totally see them flat-out doing it again.
I like the way you think. Totally on board....except for Waluigi. I'm pretty sure Sakurai just flat out doesn't like him.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
On the topic of Sakurai's ominous "soon, muda****ers, soon", I think he was being literal. Joker was announced December 6th, Fighter's Pass was available to purchase December 7th. In my opinion, Fighter 6 is going to be revealed before the 28th, which is a Tuesday, oddly enough. 22nd or 23rd's looking good. SKU number **** would be about two weeks old at that point. It's high time for that General Direct.
If we see Count Olaf before the month is over, I will forgive Byleth completely.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Fighter 6 is going to be revealed before the 28th, which is a Tuesday, oddly enough. 22nd or 23rd's looking good. SKU number **** would be about two weeks old at that point. It's high time for that General Direct.
I can't help but feel that's way too little time between character given that FP2 will be across 24 months. They're gonna release around April/May and E3 will undoubtedly show off DLC 7. I can't help but feel like we won't know until February at the earliest (and it'll definitely be during a general Nintendo Direct).

I like the way you think. Totally on board....except for Waluigi. I'm pretty sure Sakurai just flat out doesn't like him.
Depends who picked FP2's character, given that FP1 was all picked by Nintendo (though I do still question Byleth and if they were supposed to be DLC 6 instead). If Nintendo's picking again, I don't think Sakurai would outright say no (though if Sakurai is picking, that means his-and-our boy Geno is right around the corner provided Square doesn't ruin it).

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
See, I totally get that, but at the same time things got so insane regarding him that I would unironically see him as the one character that Nintendo would flat-out try to force down Sakurai’s throat despite any and all objections.

Aren¨t you mentioning Cloud twice here, concidering the DLC characters that were not veterans for Smash 4 is Cloud, Ryu, Bayo and Corrin?
Yep, I explained it right after. They essentially just split Cloud into four DBZ characters and two animals, then called it a day.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
See, I totally get that, but at the same time things got so insane regarding him that I would unironically see him as the one character that Nintendo would flat-out try to force down Sakurai’s throat despite any and all objections.
Especially given for people at least in America not buying the FP and picking their DLC a la carte, I'd be willing to bet Waluigi would rake in the Internet bucks. Not a huge sample size (obviously), but I do know of at least 3 people who didn't pick up FP 1 (and aren't), but would probably buy at least the DLC pack with Waluigi in it.

Plus it's a huge crowd-pleaser across the board. It satisfies Nintendo fans, Mario fans, those fans who think Smash should be all 1st party (it shouldn't, but it still satisfies those people) and satisfies the rest of the Internet with their insatiable love for the poor Purple *******. Justice for Waluigi; he needs to be promoted from Assist Trophy.

(wait, b@stard is censored, but asshole isn't? This site is weird)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't help but feel that's way too little time between character given that FP2 will be across 24 months. They're gonna release around April/May and E3 will undoubtedly show off DLC 7. I can't help but feel like we won't know until February at the earliest (and it'll definitely be during a general Nintendo Direct).

Depends who picked FP2's character, given that FP1 was all picked by Nintendo (though I do still question Byleth and if they were supposed to be DLC 6 instead). If Nintendo's picking again, I don't think Sakurai would outright say no (though if Sakurai is picking, that means his-and-our boy Geno is right around the corner provided Square doesn't ruin it).
But the man has said himself that he doesn't like blind purchases in not one but two presentations. There's no way they would hold off on 6 until E3, which is still about 5 months out.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
But the man has said himself that he doesn't like blind purchases in not one but two presentations. There's no way they would hold off on 6 until E3, which is still about 5 months out.
Nonono, E3 would be DLC 7. DLC 6's reveal is going to be in ~4-6 weeks when we get that Q1 Nintendo Direct, then will release in ~April/May, sometime before E3. I really do think it'll (the Q1 direct) be around February, maybe even early March; it has to be before Animal Crossing releases for sure, but it can't be too soon after Sakurai's Byleth video. Sorry if I didn't clarify that well enough.

I said it earlier, but based on 6 characters in 2 years, that would be about 1 character every 4 months. It would make sense to have a reveal schedule of: Q1 Direct, E3 Direct, late Q3/early Q4 Direct, since I believe we have those 3 directs every year. It also gives us a mid-Q2, mid/late Q3, and holiday Q4 release for those characters, which I think is a pretty decent spread.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly these next two years are probably going to be pretty rough as far as speculation goes. The waits in-between characters are going to be much longer and therefore the desire for leaks is going to be even more prevalent. Also the infighting that's going to happen with only 6 slots left spread over that much time is going to be even more intense. I hope Geno gets in sooner than later so I can stop being as emotionally invested in the whole circus that is speculation.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Honestly these next two years are probably going to be pretty rough as far as speculation goes. The waits in-between characters are going to be much longer and therefore the desire for leaks is going to be even more prevalent. Also the infighting that's going to happen with only 6 slots left spread over that much time is going to be even more intense. I hope Geno gets in sooner than later so I can stop being as emotionally invested in the whole circus that is speculation.
I think it's best to just not worry about it. It might help the community so we aren't constantly at each other's throats for months.

Firox

Smash Master
Man, the memes are seriously flooding in. Thought some of you might enjoy this...

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020...emes-after-todays-byleth-reveal-are-too-good/

To be honest, I think it really would take Nintendo forcing it down Sakurai's throat at this point. lol

There is literally no evidence to suggest 6 is coming soon and actually a ton of evidence that it’s going to be a long time until it is revealed. I’m not sure how anyone is coming to that conclusion.
Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, the new norm seems to be painfully long droughts followed by a Smash-gasm of one character/franchise and that's it. Now that Sakurai found a solution to stop the leaks, I doubt we'll ever get a same day release again either. This feast-to-famine schedule is a serious kick to the jewels. To be fair though, you shouldn't give up hope for Geno so soon. He's still looking good for the next pass. We'll just have to agonizingly wait to know for sure.

It also gives us a mid-Q2, mid/late Q3, and holiday Q4 release for those characters, which I think is a pretty decent spread.
Pretty decent spread =/= Nintendo logic. The only thing that = Nintendo logic is.....Nintendo logic.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
There is literally no evidence to suggest 6 is coming soon and actually a ton of evidence that it’s going to be a long time until it is revealed. I’m not sure how anyone is coming to that conclusion.

Also, just like I thought, the second Fighter pass comes with stages and music, which is another heavy hit against Geno’s chances. Be realistic here, how actually likely is a Super Mario RPG stage? Not likely at all. Same goes for Waluigi.

I think at this point Smash’s DLC just really isn’t meant for me. Tired of holding out hope and clinging to “theories” and “rumors” only for a big bang like Byleth to not only spiral the fanbase out of control but confirm that the second Fighter Pass is just as ill-suited for Geno as the first one was.

My confidence is going down with each passing day.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Also, just like I thought, the second Fighter pass comes with stages and music, which is another heavy hit against Geno’s chances. Be realistic here, how actually likely is a Super Mario RPG stage? Not likely at all. Same goes for Waluigi.
I don't see how this hurts Genos chances as well as Waluigi.

Waluigi - Stage = Waluigi pinball table
Music = Spinoff music that is yet to be ingame
Spirits = Spinoffelements that has yet to be spirits

The only thing that truly hurts him is if ATs will be uppgraded or not.

Geno
Stage = Forest Maze
Music = Well selfexplanatory
Spirits = Smithy, Boshi, Booster to name some examples

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m sure I’ll get hate for saying this, and I obviously hope this isn’t the case. But like Papagenos said in his most recent video it wouldn’t shock me if Geno’s costume came back as an updated version similar to Sans and Cuphead and it came with his theme song.

I know the dream is playable character and that can still happen. Especially with Sakurai suggesting he wants to add more fan favorites. But these new Mii costumes are worrying.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I think at this point Smash’s DLC just really isn’t meant for me. Tired of holding out hope and clinging to “theories” and “rumors” only for a big bang like Byleth to not only spiral the fanbase out of control but confirm that the second Fighter Pass is just as ill-suited for Geno as the first one was.

My confidence is going down with each passing day.
Zeroing in on this point. I honestly think Byleth just helped Geno a million times with his presentation.
-Yes Byleth is first party, but Geno's spirit is considered Mario and not it's own thing.
-The music Byleth gets will also be in any other Fire Emblem stage. So Geno, being a Mario Rep, would have their music on other Mario stages.
-To many fan rules are still being taken out.

Time will tell gang. Its only been a day and we are losing hope? Take a break, play a game, continue to speculate or whatever calms you down. Things are looking...interesting.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Now that the first fighter pass is over, let’s look toward the future and hope for the best when it comes to DLC. Hopefully Geno will get his dues one of these days. :)

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I've said it before and I'll say it again, FP6 will probably be rushed to reveal the next chance they get as damage control like they did with Joker. While, I'm sure part of the reason Joker was revealed at the VGAs was due to the game coming out the same night, I feel that the real reason they rushed to get something shown off at the VGAs was because they wanted to end the pessimism in the fighter pass that was really prevalent, following the somewhat controversial November Direct. The November Direct was "somewhat controversial", I can't even begin to describe as to how this one dropped the ball with any form of expectations. I'm not sure I've ever seen a character received this negatively (except maybe Corrin) upon release, Nintendo doesn't want this setting the tone for FP2 and, seeing as how Fighter 6 is already presentable, will probably hobble together something to get everyone to calm down. Unless FP6 is somehow extremely underwhelming, which if that's the case, Nintendo really is bad at this whole "pacing" thing (But, Smash usually always tries to start with more hype reveals, so I doubt it)

I also don't get why fighters coming with a stage somehow hurts Geno's chances. Like, places like the forest maze would make perfect sense for a stage, it's not like there somehow aren't any options. Not to mention, I doubt Sakurai's line of thinking is "Wow, I really want Geno in the game, but I can only think of a few good stage ideas for him. Oh well, guess I can't put him in then."

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I just watched Gamexplain's recent ramble about Byleth. Someone on there mentioned that apparently he was supposed to be in the base roster, which would line up with your confusion that he appeared NOW. What's your take on it? It would also add to my theory why we got 6 slots in Pass 2. Cuz they wanted to compensate for a slot.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
I’m sure I’ll get hate for saying this, and I obviously hope this isn’t the case. But like Papagenos said in his most recent video it wouldn’t shock me if Geno’s costume came back as an updated version similar to Sans and Cuphead and it came with his theme song.

I know the dream is playable character and that can still happen. Especially with Sakurai suggesting he wants to add more fan favorites. But these new Mii costumes are worrying.
I simply dont see an updated geno mii costume happening. Its very obvious that the "premium" miis are for indie characters. Either geno becomes a fully playable character, or the smash 4 costume returns, or we get absolutely nothing.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I just watched Gamexplain's recent ramble about Byleth. Someone on there mentioned that apparently he was supposed to be in the base roster, which would line up with your confusion that he appeared NOW. What's your take on it?
If I recall, I though they just misheard something Sakurai said. I don't recall Sakurai ever saying that.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Yep. It’s looking pretty likely he’s just going to be an upgraded Mii Costume at this point.

Can already see it. Last costume of the next square pack (Sora or 2B), comes with Forest Maze remix. The equivelant of the Sans and Cuphead Miis.

It’s a sad ending to two years of dedicated fan support and rallying, but there’s a point where holding out hope will only hurt you when that hope is dashed further and further away.

The one thing we have left as potential “evidence” for his inclusion is the Smithy Mii leak which is looking less and less likely as it’s hard to see how these Miis have been planned out SO early in advance when it’s looking like we could be waiting until E3 for Fighter 6’s reveal.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I don't see how this hurts Genos chances as well as Waluigi.

Waluigi - Stage = Waluigi pinball table
Music = Spinoff music that is yet to be ingame
Spirits = Spinoffelements that has yet to be spirits

The only thing that truly hurts him is if ATs will be uppgraded or not.

Geno
Stage = Forest Maze
Music = Well selfexplanatory
Spirits = Smithy, Boshi, Booster to name some examples
Axem Rangers, Yaridovich, Bowyer, Exor, that's all I actually know regretably XP

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I simply dont see an updated geno mii costume happening. Its very obvious that the "premium" miis are for indie characters. Either geno becomes a fully playable character, or the smash 4 costume returns, or we get absolutely nothing.
Is it though? It was obvious the first fighter pass was for third party characters until it wasn’t.

We’ve only had two revealed so far. It’s not like there’s been 5 and we see the pattern. I still don’t think it will happen, just that I can see the concern.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Theory for why they are spreading out the release of FP2 over 2 years.

1. They want to coincide some first party character/costume releases with upcoming games like BOTW2.

2. A new Nintendo system will come out end of 2021 or at some point in 2022 with a definitive Smash Ultimate edition as a launch title kinda like Mario Kart 8 was for the Switch. Any Season 3 content (stage, character, music, costume, ATs, etc) is added to the definitive edition and not the Switch edition.

This makes every character and franchise they have to negotiate for in Ultimate way more complicated, because they are getting them for 2 pieces of software and not just one.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Since the video was done in November, knowing it would be revealed later, we could be getting more information soon. The Gamestop SKU's does support a Nintendo Direct coming soon.

I am hoping Nintendo wants to start the new decade with a bang since we've had a Pokemon Direct, Smash Direct/Video and could have a General Direct that tries to hit the ground running ...

Plus ... Byleth anger. (I am not angry or anything, just I know the Smash fans are since they have been very vocal about Corrine and so much FE representation) I would be very surprised if Nintendo/Sakurai are that done deaf.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
It would be sooo weird for the costume to come back after FP1 or not at all, like... he KNOWS the support for the character. Even said he wanted him playable as well as we do at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom