• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
NO. I was joking, seriously don't watch that movie. But, it is your choice. But, you've been warned!
If watching a terrible movie is all you can bet, you're weak.

I've beaten Sonic 06 before because I lost a bet, and lemme just say. You don't beat Sonic 06, Sonic 06 beats you.

I would watch all the transformers movies TWICE before I ever go near Sonic 06.

D

Deleted member

RIP
D5D84069-8F8E-49E3-99AB-1C3296E2C407.jpeg

I’m really positive about Pokémon Ranger Switch tomorrow.
Hope you’re right.

If watching a terrible movie is all you can bet, you're weak.

I've beaten Sonic 06 before because I lost a bet, and lemme just say. You don't beat Sonic 06, Sonic 06 beats you.

I would watch all the transformers movies TWICE before I ever go near Sonic 06.
It was a bet. Not torturing yourself to the brink of insanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
NO. I was joking, seriously don't watch that movie. But, it is your choice. But, you've been warned!
Never in my life had THAT much CGI destruction literally put me to sleep with boredom. Somehow Transformers 5 pulled it off. And this is coming from someone that typically enjoys the Transformers franchise. Unfortunately, the movies just got worse over time.

D

Deleted member

Never in my life had THAT much CGI destruction literally put me to sleep with boredom. Somehow Transformers 5 pulled it off. And this is coming from someone that typically enjoys the Transformers franchise. Unfortunately, the movies just got worse over time.
Yeah. Not even mentioning that terrible plot with King Arthur and whatever. At least Bumblebee was enjoyable and a step in the right direction for the Transformers movies.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Just caught up.

...people are seriously arguing over if Spirits deconfirm AGAIN?

I think people need to stop making up rules. It is simple as this: a PNG isn't going to stop Sakurai from adding a character he or Nintendo wants. It isn't that complicated, him or Nintendo can do pretty much whatever they choose. If Sakurai or Nintendo choose Geno, I really don't think either one are gonna say "Oh bother, Geno already has an image of himself in the game! Better not add him. It can't be done!" It just seems like another weird made up rule. In reality, the only hard rule is no non-video game characters allowed.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I think if there is a point to be made here, it's more that Square Enix would be the one with a stipulation of "only Dragon Quest Mii costumes with Hero" because they're more involved and SNK just wouldn't really care about Mii costumes since it just seems like they fully opened the vault without a care in the world to Sakurai.
You may have answered your own question there. Square has money, at the end of the day its a business. I doubt Nintendo is going to dedicate an entire direct on their series if they can't offer Nintendo anything in exchange.

Okay, I did not know that about SNK so I retract that part of the statement. But the aspect of Dragon Quest still remains. It could be just so simple as it was part of the negotiation with Square that they had to release DQ costumes only with Hero.
I do think there is some merit to that line of thinking, I’m just not 100% convinced it’s the case

D

Deleted member

Really? A source of Sabi's got revealed? Which one was it? How is Sabi taking it?

And what Geno talk did I miss out on?
Offbi said it earlier in this page. One of them was an NOA ambassador. Sabi probably won't talk about it. People arguing about spirits deconfirming again.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Just caught up.

I think people need to stop making up rules. It is simple as this: a PNG isn't going to stop Sakurai from adding a character he wants. It isn't that complicated, he can do whatever he wants.
This... so much.

Whether it's Assist Trophies, Spirits, or Mii Fighter costumes... if Sakurai decides one of these should become a playable character at some point in Ultimate's lifespan, he'll find a way to make it happen without any issues. I've maintained that there's at least a couple ways that Assist Trophy characters can be made playable without "wasting" the dev time and resources used on the Assist Trophy itself, and I'm sure there's similar methods possible for Spirits.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Offbi said it earlier in this page. One of them was an NOA ambassador. Sabi probably won't talk about it. People arguing about spirits deconfirming again.
Got it.

And ugh! People are trying to deconfirm spirits again? What is wrong with them?! Spirits cannot become playable is just a fan rule, which may or may not turn out true. We have had many fan rules, like those based on relevancy or one character per third party series, among others, and those ended up getting debunked. The same could happen with this. Are some people just not wanting Geno in, and are just saying this because of that? Are others just way too sure about freaking fan rules Sakurai never confirmed himself?

D

Deleted member

Got it.

And ugh! People are trying to deconfirm spirits again? What is wrong with them?! Spirits cannot become playable is just a fan rule, which may or may not turn out true. We have had many fan rules, like those based on relevancy or one character per third party series, among others, and those ended up getting debunked. The same could happen with this. Are some people just not wanting Geno in, and are just saying this because of that? Are others just way too sure about freaking fan rules Sakurai never confirmed himself?
Yep. People are obviously in denial.

T2by4

Smash Lord
You mean ZhugeEX and (looks up who PWNApplez is on twitter)...OH!!!

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is that who I think it is!?! THE (former) ONE IN THE KNOW!?
Anyone know if they said anything significant recently? Also are they involved regarding this recent spirit talk or is it just memes again?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yep. People are obviously in denial.
Those people may think they are being reasonable with these fan rules, but I say they are being sore losers who don't want to get upset about characters they don't want to get in getting in. No offense to any of those guys.

D

Deleted member

Anyone know if they said anything significant recently? Also are they involved regarding this recent spirit talk or is it just memes again?
The former is an industry insider and the other is an NOA ambassador, so it's up to you if you believe them or not.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
No the spirit talk was a couple of pages back. However, PWNApplez is a NoA Ambassador....which is quite eye opening IF true.

These are two different things.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No the spirit talk was a couple of pages back. However, PWNApplez is a NoA Ambassador....which is quite eye opening IF true.

These are two different things.
If PWNApplez is the ambassador, and that was just found out, he did not lose his job over it, did he?

T2by4

Smash Lord
The former is an industry insider and the other is an NOA ambassador, so it's up to you if you believe them or not.
So they havent said anything regarding smash or our boy geno being deconfirmed yet? That's a relief. This thread had me worried.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Well the least we can do is try to drop the subject to save face for them, but knowing that other boards and possibly ninteninja's lurk this very thread I doubt it'll help.
ddnsj39-960b082c-4454-4050-b912-45037bc79285.png

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just caught up.

I think people need to stop making up rules. It is simple as this: a PNG isn't going to stop Sakurai from adding a character he or Nintendo wants. It isn't that complicated, him or Nintendo can do pretty much whatever they choose. If Sakurai or Nintendo choose Geno, I really don't think either one are gonna say "Oh bother, Geno already has an image of himself in the game! Better not add him. It can't be done!" It just seems like another weird made up rule. In reality, the only hard rule is no non-video game characters allowed.

I love how the main argument of the pro Spirit camp is “its just a PNG!!!!”

Well, it so happens that this “PNG” happens to affect the gameplay of this game. So I’d argue that it isn’t just a “PNG”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom