• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just went and rewatch that segment just now and I didn't see the Mushroom icon any where.
Alright, forgive me; I thought someone else brought up that he used the Mario mushroom icon, and I thought I remembered a picture, but now I don't know if it actually ever comes up in game with the Mii Fighter gear...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alright, forgive me; I thought someone else brought up that he used the Mario mushroom icon, and I thought I remembered a picture, but now I don't know if it actually ever comes up in game with the Mii Fighter gear...
It doesn't, here is that segment of the Mii costume reveals: https://youtu.be/WBxMmbhXBrI?t=13s

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It doesn't, here is that segment of the Mii costume reveals: https://youtu.be/WBxMmbhXBrI?t=13s
I watched that, I just wondered if it appeared ingame, say when selecting the gear for your Mii.

I found a video that included selecting gear, though, and no, Mii Fighter gear based on a series doesn't get an icon...

I still wonder what icon Geno would use, though? If not the Mushroom, would it be the "RPG" or something?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I watched that, I just wondered if it appeared ingame, say when selecting the gear for your Mii.

I found a video that included selecting gear, though, and no, Mii Fighter gear based on a series doesn't get an icon...

I still wonder what icon Geno would use, though? If not the Mushroom, would it be the "RPG" or something?
The icon will probably be one of the seven stars.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Depends if he’s right or not but

Hold on to your hats we’re getting closer

Theory if true

The first will be a mini/pokemon direct ending with the Pokémon rep then announcing the second smash direct after the character

Oh you know what if 2 directs is true that would kill the box theory since clearly it would prove there’s atleast 2 unqiue fighters left since atleast one for each

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does the Legacy XP Geno actually have that animation...?

'cuz, gosh, I can see how it's heavily photoshopped to even make the polygons seem different if so, but if not, they're just similar.
Extremely similar. But it's specifically the background that gives it away

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where did that PM Geno pic come from for comparison? Did you take the picture?
It's supposedly the actual original image

The geno leak is a photoshopped version of it.

Not a new model

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
rekt-geno_1.png

It's the legacy model. We were tricked by the legacy model

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It's supposedly the actual original image

The geno leak is a photoshopped version of it.

Not a new model
I guess my question should have been...WHO provided that picture? Was it the guy from the discord? Did PM have Pictures to show this character off before and someone found this exact picture to create the Geno Render?

I am just genuinely curious.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, I know that background is from Brawl's Delfino Plaza.

My only question is if the water actually curves up that much anywhere in the background, and if you can get the camera to take a pic like that in Legacy XP or something. I don't know, and footage online seems blurry.

link2702

Smash Champion
To me it still looks waaay to different to be the same model.

But honestly i had my doubts anyway strictly for the reason I stated awhile back; based on verge’s comments, no on at square would really risk their job to leak something. I’m still confident geno’s chances are good, but we won’t get confirmation until Nintendo and sqaure decides to reveal him.

Like I said thoug, the original “sassy” geno image looks way too different imo for that legacy model to match. If it really is that model, let’s at least give that photoshop artist credit, he made one hell of a good edit and convincing image, and he/she should at least be proud of the fact that everyone liked its design enough to WANT it to be the actual real model.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually about that

I just realized it’s probably another little Mac and shulk situation for the ESRB leak

And the geno is incorrect texture and the hat and eyes are wrong in the clear version
It was photoshopped

Of course the original image is going to have differences

Edit:

dnlCHSp.png

The pose was found. It exists within with the Project M model

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wow, it’s finally dead. Props to whoever made it. It took like 2 months to kill it. Sucks too because the model looked good.

Hopefully if Geno’s in he looks as good, or better.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I realize now that there's a definite similarity between the Legacy model and the image we've been discussing, but in a post-"Shulk is Little Mac" world you should really be more clear about posting a potential debunk than posting a single overlaid image, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate (even a GIF that flicks between the two would be preferable).

As it stands, it had me wondering whether your post and the subsequent ones were an elaborate joke for minutes on end, and I imagine I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I realize now that there's a definite similarity between the Legacy model and the image we've been discussing, but in a post-"Shulk is Little Mac" world you should really be more clear about posting a potential debunk than posting a single overlaid image, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate (even a GIF that flicks between the two would be preferable).

As it stands, it had me wondering whether your post and the subsequent ones were an elaborate joke for minutes on end, and I imagine I'm not the only one.
It's what the person posted that's debunking it.

I didn't make the image. If someone wants to make a GIF, have at it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, Geno's fine, sass or no sass.

He still has way too much in his favor. It's not over until it's over, folks. We don't need the words of a barely credible "one leak out there is real" source and a well done fake to remind us of that.

Of course I say that only AFTER I know the Geno leak is dead, but hey, this glass house is pretty comfy all things considered.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Woof... that's a wrap. The pose, the wood grain, even the little bump in the horizon next to Geno's ear is the same...
This is nowhere near "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" levels of reaching, folks. I suggest y'all let this one go; this leak's done for.
100%. It was fun while it lasted as unknown though ngl.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Look on the bright side. this means the actual Geno Render will likely look even better than that one!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wow, you guys sure drop these things quickly.

I did an image search for the brawl mod one, and didn't find anything of it.

How do you know this wasnt a recent recreation by someone? (after the leak was posted)

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Well, it was fun.
I honestly should've expected it to be debunked after I shed some light on the stage, but it's whatever. We went for the Geno leak because it wasn't debunked, but now that it is that doesn't mean we aren't out of the game yet.
Remember that Tansut said it could be either an image or a text leak, he didn't know. We've just been assuming it was an image because we had an image that fit into that hole for a little while. We just gotta move on; we're basically back where we were before Tansut even said anything.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, it was fun.
I honestly should've expected it to be debunked after I shed some light on the stage, but it's whatever. We went for the Geno leak because it wasn't debunked, but now that it is that doesn't mean we aren't out of the game yet.
Remember that Tansut said it could be either an image or a text leak, he didn't know. We've just been assuming it was an image because we had an image that fit into that hole for a little while. We just gotta move on; we're basically back where we were before Tansut even said anything.
It could've also been a leak that's still in private circles.

So it probably means nothing for us :I

D

Deleted member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSUKV672AY

Maybe a glimmer of hope Genobros.

Spawn wave reported this. If this is true two more directs possibly, one could be a general or Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu Let's Go Eevee Direct. The other the final Smash Ultimate direct we've been waiting for.

Hopefully some news we'll see if it's true soon enough.

Spawn Wave dosen't seem like the guy to report on something unless he believed it.

Let's hope for the best.

Just saw it was posted oops well oh well late to the party as usual ah it's fine.

Anyway fingers crossed hope it's something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you guys sure drop these things quickly.

I did an image search for the brawl mod one, and didn't find anything of it.

How do you know this wasnt a recent recreation by someone? (after the leak was posted)
I thought of that. but with how well this thing is lining up and how hard it would be to do that with an ingame model from the mod. it feels a little too tinfoil hat to think someone made it just to turn people off the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom