• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Trolling/bait
For music at least, now that Terry got music from all of SNK rather than just his own games, I could easily see the same thing happen for Dragonborn. I know Doom has some fantastic music, though I'll be honest, I'm not too familiar with the music from most of their other games. And I feel like that's the same thing that could happen with Geno. Maybe get a couple songs from Mario RPG, but then also get some music from the other RPG style Mario games.
Geno being the Rep of all the Mario RPGs is a horrible idea, as Paper Mario and Fawful are more deserving and should be the actual MRPG reps.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I don't leak, I just talk about rumors and speculate.
I don't blame people for being confused, considering the whole song and dance about there being bad news regarding Smash makes you sound like a leaker being really coy and spreading more discord that if nothing was said at all. At the very least you could clarify if the bad news has to do with a new character being revealed or Mii costumes, maybe with some hints.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Cute, but you didn't actually respond to anything I said. This isn't about Sabi, this is about your new "claims". But if you wanna talk about Sabi, I do think it's kinda funny that you happened to suddenly decide that he's evil incarnate (after having name-dropped him in your "leaks" for months on end) right at the same time the spotlight was on you for your own lies. It's almost as if you were attempting to shift focus elsewhere......:ohwell:

Still waiting for that chat you begged to have with me here, by the way.
Wasn't it grapevine that leaked all the stuff about sabi and not fatman? What if fatman IS grapevine

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN
Geno being the Rep of all the Mario RPGs is a horrible idea, as Paper Mario and Fawful are more deserving and should be the actual MRPG reps.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Burb every time he runs back into this thread to start something even though he keeps saying he's leaving

1576181969443.png

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Cute, but you didn't actually respond to anything I said. This isn't about Sabi, this is about your new "claims". But if you wanna talk about Sabi, I do think it's kinda funny that you happened to suddenly decide that he's evil incarnate (after having name-dropped him in your "leaks" for months on end) right at the same time the spotlight was on you for your own lies. It's almost as if you were attempting to shift focus elsewhere......:ohwell:

Still waiting for that chat you begged to have with me here, by the way.
Hey man big fan! You are badass, cool, and edgy! Your schtick is unique and radical. I especially really enjoy reading your posts about Geno!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey here's something wild that you might not have considered:
maybe they all deserve to be in Smash as a playable character.

Sigh...hate there are no mods.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and Burb Burb would y'all kindly take your dispute into PMs? Lets chill out and NOT do something we will regret, eh?
It's too late, bud, we're already knee deep in regret.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Also, if people insist on being obnoxious:

View attachment 252510
It doesn't matter, because he only got four Spirits "correct", and lumped the others under a blanket description.

That'd be the equivalent of me saying "The Fighter's Pass is going to be Joker, Hero, and some iconic video game characters!". Would that make me a legit inside source?

Wasn't it grapevine that leaked all the stuff about sabi and not fatman? What if fatman IS grapevine

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN

Everyone's entitled to their opinion
Fatman's the one who posted that huge chatlog a few days ago. The one with Paragon, the guy who made that fake Waluigi/Frisk leak back in the summer.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Things are getting really hectic again. And I haven't seen this many people in here ever since the cacomallow leak first appeared.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't matter, because he only got four Spirits "correct", and lumped the others under a blanket description.

That'd be the equivalent of me saying "The Fighter's Pass is going to be Joker, Hero, and some iconic video game characters!". Would that make me a legit inside source?

Fatman's the one who posted that huge chatlog a few days ago. The one with Paragon, the guy who made that fake Waluigi/Frisk leak back in the summer.
Can you take it to the DMs please? No more leaker drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latyon

Smash Cadet
The issue there is that adding Paper Mario would be about as exciting as adding yet another Link.

Fawful's cool though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wow that’s some pretty great news for the mallow smithy leak. That pretty hype not gonna lie. Also as for the bad smash thing I just hope it’s not a fe character. Please for the love of god no more please.
I could live with a FE character as long as it doesn't have any move related to using a sword in his/her moveset. Micaiach (sp) would be a fun character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I miss regular Smash speculation.

Now it's mostly just insider/leaker drama and some GameFAQs users being obsessed with this thread because "lol Geno sucks, all Geno fans suck, [insert irrational hatred stuffs here]."

Last edited:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
The issue there is that adding Paper Mario would be about as exciting as adding yet another Link.

Fawful's cool though.
Paper Mario is completely different from Mario, his Moveset potential would be great and unique.

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
So if we’re preparing for a harsh announcement, but we know it’s not harming Geno’s chances, what are some of your guys’ guesses for the fan base that’s in question? I’m thinking probably Sora, Lloyd, or Doomguy. All of them have very passionate fan bases without as much going for them insider wise I suppose. Ugh this waiting game is awful I just want our Star boi to come home already

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I obviously don't hold any say in any of the kerfuffle taking place, but is it genuinely too much to ask to take the beef somewhere else? Sincerely. I know people love to have a chance at their "Aha, gotcha" moments, to put someone of distaste onto display for all to see, but there's no reason to do that, especially not now.

I feel like sometimes the only reason people do this is to stir the pot on purpose because it draws attention to a potentially genuine gripe, but this isn't the way to do it, and this isn't the place to do it. I just want to talk to and read about fun and silly videogames, man. The world is already rough enough as it is.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I need another good excuse to use Todd Howard in memes again. So having Bethesda in Smash would be a double win for me.

(Makes Geno's odds skyrocket as well as just mind blowing pick)

Hoping for DoomGuy, Dragon Born, Vault Boy etc to appear tonight. Would really make my night! c:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Okay, so I’m not looking at new posts for a fear of spoilers, but I know I’m not gonna be able to watch the stream live today. Could somebody just PM me the link for the YouTube VOD when it’s over? I’m just really doing my best not to get spoiled now after dodging it all for so long now. Thanks in advance!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
*sigh* Hi all the people looking at this thread, we’re all SO HAPPY to have you. I’m sure we’re all here for sunshine and rainbows and talking about Geno and not ****ing bull**** drama from goddamn Gamefaqs talking about leaker bull**** that I ****ing hate and everyone getting super ****ing mad over a goddamn mother****ing video game about ****ing cartoon characters bonking each other into pits

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
We already have 2 marios in the game. Fawful is cool. So is Geno. Geno also represents the very first Mario RPG and the implementation of the timed hit mechanic in a better way since he was an actual playable character whereas Fawful was not. He also represents the prior good working relationship Nintendo and SE had during the 90s.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
The 4chan/Gamefaqs squad is leaking again... Where's a spray bottle of water when you need it-

D

Deleted member

I miss regular Smash speculation.

Now it's mostly just insider/leaker drama and some GameFAQs users being obsessed with this thread because "lol Geno sucks, all Geno fans suck, [insert irrational hatred stuffs here]."
Ah, but imagine when Geno gets announced. I'm not saying that this should be done, and I know no one here is so horrible, but I can imagine that Gamefaqs would have to be heavily moderated in such an event. I don't think they'll be able to delete dabbing Geno posts fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom