• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No, see, that’s after he’s released. The ****posting is for the month or two in-between.
Geno might be the first character that I spend time... ahem... dedicatedly analyzing the sparse gameplay footage we get for the entire time just to think of the possible applications for what moves get shown off.

If I join in on any revenge, I might go overboard, and I'm not about to bring additional ire down on anyone but myself.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I really hope we manage to stay together after the announcement for this exact reason. We might have achieved our primary goal, to get geno in smash, but now we just have a new one, to get our boy to the top of the heap. I won't rest and I hope you all don't either until we see geno on the big screen at evo or something of that caliber. I would prefer we migrate to the character board instead of dispersing out into social media but I understand that's not a very realistic ideal. As for me, I'm gonna try to make squad a serious thing and let our boys do the rest.
1573676829565.png
:ultmario::ultbowser:

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Yeah I really hope we manage to stay together after the announcement for this exact reason. We might have achieved our primary goal, to get geno in smash, but now we just have a new one, to get our boy to the top of the heap. I won't rest and I hope you all don't either until we see geno on the big screen at evo or something of that caliber. I would prefer we migrate to the character board instead of dispersing out into social media but I understand that's not a very realistic ideal. As for me, I'm gonna try to make squad a serious thing and let our boys do the rest.
View attachment 246478:ultmario::ultbowser:
So what you’re saying is we all have to go online as Geno and lose as much as possible so that Sakurai will buff him until he makes Brawl Meta Knight look like Smash 4 Jigglypuff

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Hey there fellow Geno fans. My friend at work has been working on a Geno figure of my very own. He’s been working on it since March. He’s so talented!
View attachment 246477
I love it

Could we not just keep the board and rename it as a general Geno thread? Im pretty sure the the Banjo one is still around

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Not that I’m not extremely excited for the character either way, but as a current Joker main, I have a vested interest in another character being top-tier if not even more powerful to finally divert at least some of the heat in a different direction.

I want to see a perfectly-timed Geno Whirl destroy people from center stage at 50%. I want to see Geno Boost make him so resistant to knockback that he can tank a Warlock Punch without flinching. I want to see him win every tournament from Summit to EVO. I want him to destroy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So just out of curiosity, is Sabi male or female? I've literally seen the pronouns "he", "she" and "they/them" all used by various posters. Is it supposed to be ambiguous or what? I mean, I know it's not a big deal or anything but I like to refer to people as specifically as possible.
They prefer male but, because I don't know their real identity, I don't know if they're male, transgender, genderfluid, etc and I think that's intentional for obvious reasons. In the private Discord, I'm pretty sure there's like 3 of us that actually know their real name and identity (which is kind of ironic because I know the prestigious NoA source's name, address, and like 6 of their social media accounts) but I'm not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, Sabi is a Sabi.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've already committed myself to Geno competitively regardless of playstyle or how good he is (unless he's Little Mac aka inheritly horribly designed, which I don't think is possible with his kit). I've made all sorts of playstyles work for me so I don't doubt I can make Geno work regardless of his style. I've waited too long to not play him, even if my placement suffers as a result. Not like I'm breaking into majors or anything without him regardless, haha.

I'll make the dang character Discord myself if I have to.

ZelDan

Smash Master
As a huge Bayonetta fan, believe me when I say you don't want Geno to be absolutely OP in Smash bros. you'll see Geno become (even more) of a target for hate, and that's no fun.

I'm guessing most are joking when talking about wanting Geno to be busted, but still feel the need to clarify that regardless.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Could we not just keep the board and rename it as a general Geno thread? Im pretty sure the the Banjo one is still around
Once the reveal drops this thread will get moved over to the character section so everything here will stay intact. It's just that nowadays discords are all the rage and that's fine by me if it's what we have to do as discord is great for efficient communication, but I would like to have everything out here in the open. The seclusive nature of discord and especially other social media is just too decentralized for my liking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've already committed myself to Geno competitively regardless of playstyle or how good he is (unless he's Little Mac aka inheritly horribly designed, which I don't think is possible with his kit). I've made all sorts of playstyles work for me so I don't doubt I can make Geno work regardless of his style. I've waited too long to not play him, even if my placement suffers as a result. Not like I'm breaking into majors or anything without him regardless, haha.

we don't speak ill of Little Mac around here. He's great and deserves respect.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

You and Wishes can carry his meta, it'll be sick lol

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
With all the fan arts that were made last month about a friendship between Geno and Doom Slayer...what would Geno look like in Doom? would it be the same but instead of a cannon arm would he have a shotgun?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
With all the fan arts that were made last month about a friendship between Geno and Doom Slayer...what would Geno look like in Doom? would it be the same but instead of a cannon arm would he have a shotgun?
since doom is sci-fi I'd imagine geno would have picked up a much more impressive chassis.

Firox

Smash Master
since doom is sci-fi I'd imagine geno would have picked up a much more impressive chassis.
Fullmetal Geno would be packing the heat with a rocket launcher in his elbow, machine guns in his fingers, and a chainsaw attachment for one of his hands. :evil:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Fullmetal Geno would be packing the heat with a rocket launcher in his elbow, machine guns in his fingers, and a chainsaw attachment for one of his hands. :evil:
Precisely, any artists out there still interested in making X doom stuff need to get in on this.

in fact give it a cannon in it's chest or mouth for blasting star energy too.

Last edited:

Wish7s

Smash Cadet

We already have a character discord for when he gets in :)

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Better yet I'd like to see a doom 2 mod where you play as Geno in the weapon dimension blasting down smithy drones.

T2by4

Smash Lord
They prefer male but, because I don't know their real identity, I don't know if they're male, transgender, genderfluid, etc and I think that's intentional for obvious reasons. In the private Discord, I'm pretty sure there's like 3 of us that actually know their real name and identity (which is kind of ironic because I know the prestigious NoA source's name, address, and like 6 of their social media accounts) but I'm not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, Sabi is a Sabi.
I identify as a Sabi.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Precisely, any artists out there still interested in making X doom stuff need to get in on this.

in fact give it a cannon in it's chest or mouth for blasting star energy too.
Have him shoot the Geno Beam from a chest mounted circle a la Iron Man and actually change into a cannon like a Transformer for Geno Flash

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I've lately imagined Geno's trailer being a CGI, dramatic recreation of the Piranha Plant trailer. You know, have exaggerated jump shots of everyone dizzy, Mario walking towards the camera pissed off, an over the shoulder shot from behind Mario as he approaches a sleeping Piranha Plant. Only after PP knocks Mario back, a Geno Whirl slices through the plant, launching it backwards. Only to pan round and reveal his silhouette, in similar fashion to Megaman's Smash 4 reveal.

This would especially be fitting if Geno was a bonus character as many, myself included are predicting.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I've lately imagined Geno's trailer being a CGI, dramatic recreation of the Piranha Plant trailer. You know, have exaggerated jump shots of everyone dizzy, Mario walking towards the camera pissed off, an over the shoulder shot from behind Mario as he approaches a sleeping Piranha Plant. Only after PP knocks Mario back, a Geno Whirl slices through the plant, launching it backwards. Only to pan round and reveal his silhouette, in similar fashion to Megaman's Smash 4 reveal.

This would especially be fitting if Geno was a bonus character as many, myself included are predicting.
My best idea for a “cheap” trailer is also a take on that one, but reversed: The dazed Mario characters are replaced with dazed Koopalings, Pirahna Plant replaces Mario, and Geno replaces Pirahna Plant. The plant walks up to a lifeless doll that immediately comes to life and blasts it away.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
My ideal trailer would be a role reversal of the Bowyer situation. In game, Mario jumps to Geno's rescue. In Geno's reveal trailer, he should be jumping to Mario's rescue.

domriver

Smash Lord
My ideal trailer for Geno - I always imagined the intro to MARIO RPG being Geno's trailer i hope i am right about that - it would be sooo nice. Right away people would recognize the tune. :)

Plank08

Smash Lord
Yep, either that or a trailer that directly continues the ending of SMRPG is ideal.

I have my own trailer idea, though:

This'll be playing. I'd imagine it to be a Galaxy 3 fake-out. Mario running through the streets of Toad Town, meeting Peach at her castle. Bowser's there, too. A good nod to Odyssey's ending. On the balcony, Mario and Peach make wishes as they watch shooting stars fall, but Mario isn't sure about his wish. It's revealed that in his pocket he has an old picture of the SMRPG group -Mario, Peach and Bowser, but Mallow and Geno too.
They wonder where they are now. Mario sighs, thinking they'll never return.

At this point they spot a star, brighter than the others. It crashes down, making the kingdom fall silent. They look at Bowser, thinking it was his doing. He shrugs.

They go to investigate. Boom, Geno.

<Gameplay trailer>

At the end of the trailer, this song plays:

The group gathers around Geno, a direct reference to the end of SMRPG. Geno walks towards Mario, stopping just a few feet away. He holds out his hand, signifying Mario to shake it.

Instead, Mario pulls him closer, giving him a warm hug. He's happy to see his old friend back.

A "Welcome Home!" banner can be seen in the background.

(I just want my Mario/Geno hug scene, okay!?)
If this fantastic idea happened I think the Music, the hug, and the welcome back thing would make the Geno Fanbase all start crying

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
My ideal trailer would be a role reversal of the Bowyer situation. In game, Mario jumps to Geno's rescue. In Geno's reveal trailer, he should be jumping to Mario's rescue.
He jumps in to rescue Mario from Cloud and Hero.

That would be some ****.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've mentioned this before but Sabi is literally an incognito investigative journalist for at least one gaming website. I believe it's on their Twitter profile.
I mean, investigative journalist is one thing, but I just don't understand the mental calculus of "leaking" be such an important part of their reputation to where uncertainties could cause problems. Yes, everything has a natural consequence and if you know something that could get others into trouble you shouldn't share it, but I just don't get the non-committal approach that seems to be doing more harm than good to their reputation. Let alone why such a person whose supposed career relies upon getting exclusive information would go for brownie points with the Smash Bros. community to leak something that's just going to be announced anyway, and not even in any exclusive manner that would presumably provide them with more income. Let alone when this individual has supposedly received a Cease and Desist from Nintendo but keeps running their mouth on things. It just seems almost stupidly reckless to me to risk a career on Smash news that would just get announced a little while later anyway when you have such big sources that could presumably lead to more meaningful journalism if we're to believe their supposed contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom