• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Add me to the support list as well, hoping Geno makes it, I've been wanting to see him playable in Smash since Melee and Brawl :grin:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I really wish that Geno render could be real as it looks perfect, but I get the feeling it was just someone who made a really good head model based off the Mii costume and made little tweaks to make it look different. I bet the reason the hands arent in the photo is because one is the mii gunner Geno hand.
Just from that little image you can see the cape around his neck be affected by movement. It's flowing. The Mii costume is very rigid and static. You couldn't get the cape to look like that with the Mii costume.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Don't see it happening. BUT I WOULD LOVE THAT! Frog and Robo were my goto party members in my playthrough. and actually Robo does strangely make a lot of sense as a Geno Echo xD huh that's a weird thought in general thinking of characters that could Echo Geno. feel that list would be rather small.
I know, right? It's honestly bizarre how much sense it makes. But you're right, I doubt Sakurai (or anyone except my crazy self, lol) would make that connection. One can dream, though...

And the Robo/Frog combo was my favorite as well.:) I like Lucca better than Frog as a character, but not in battles. Crono was usually my third, even after he wasn't required. Plain as he is, the guy can fight, lol.

Dan

Smash Lord
I think the reason the ballot isn't free for us to view the results is bacause they want the freedom to choose who they want from the ballot. if Goku was number one and everyone saw that and they didn't pick him there would be HUGE backlash! that is a lot of bad press.
Well they just wouldn't include Goku or any other character they wouldn't do as options; it would be a poll-type thing.

Exactly. It's all about keeping the hype train rolling until release. Otherwise, they would've just told us everything back at E3, and if they did that, where would we be now?
The same spot; waiting for the game.

I'm just impatient.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
gonna throw my 2 cents in on the box theory and call it quits.
It doesn't make sense on multiple cases, especially if they are trying to keep unique characters on the sides, as 7 are copied from the front panel, wasting available slots.
Also, people don't seem to do math anymore. If it's real and all about symmetry, then there were 4 spots left before Isabel was announced, dropping it to 3 remaining slots, not 2. We could easily have Geno in with Ken and Icineroar as well. No need to flip out at all.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
When/if Geno gets into Smash. I really hope it helps him and Mallow get into Mario Kart and other Mario sports games, maybe even into the mainline Mario platformers.

It would be amazing to see MK8D DLC featuring Geno, Mallow, and the axem rangers with a cup that features courses from Mario RPG

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Just had another idea for a Geno reveal trailer. this one with him specifically being the final character reveal.

It opens on this huge celebration. every playable character is there. we get this beautiful shot of Mario walking around as you see all the characters interacting with eachother. people welcoming old favorites and new faces alike. Mario has a smile on his face, yet you can sense a little sadness in him. he steps outside on the balcony to a starry night sky. leans on the rails and looks out to the distance. Cappy's eyes pop up from his cap, and he ask's him "what's the matter mario?" Mario sigh's giving one of of his wordless replies as he does in his games "oh seeing everyone here being reunited with old friends reminds you of someone you wish you could see again" they see a shooting star out in the night sky. "Well, maybe now's your chance to make that wish come true"
Mario clutch's one fist to his heart, lowers his head and closes his eyes. and makes a wish. you cut to first person as mario opens his eyes. nothing. just the same beautiful night sky. cut back to mario's face. he has a hopeful smile.
a wooden hand is placed on mario's shoulder from behind. turn camera to the owner GENO Grant's a wish! gameplay reel starts!

return to the party as Mario comes back in with Geno to introduce him to everyone. peach quickly comes over to hug Geno. then the screen starts shaking and you hear loud thumps quickly getting louder and loader! Bowser Rushes in giving Geno, Peach, and mario a big group hug!

Corny I know. but the idea popped in my head and I thought it was adorable and a great way to end off character reveals. by having Geno be the character Mario wishes for. and a great connection to the Everyone Is Here tag line. although the writting in my idea could use some work. also want a way to fit Mallow into it. felt like I just wrote a mini fanfic xD

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see them reunite. They have been denied an old friend for two decades ! I wanna see Bowser give him a lil' pat on the head like "Welcome back to the Koopa Troop" :>

Then maybe if Mallow is revealed as an AT or dare we ask, his own, maybe he can pop in for the group hug as well :D

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I'm curious: Does anyone have that one character who could ever make up for a lack of Geno? I think I only have one, and a look at my screen name probably reveals who it is. XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm curious: Does anyone have that one character who could ever make up for a lack of Geno? I think I only have one, and a look at my screen name probably reveals who it is. XD
No. Megaman was my distant second with Wario, Dedede, and Ridley being my distant third, fourth, and fifth respectively. I sent a letter to Nintendo of America in 2002 making an argument for Geno in Smash and teamed up with a bunch of Geno fans, made an almost 100 page portfolio that was in English and Japanese, and took it to Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto in 2006 so you could say I've been invested for a long, long time. Geno has pretty much been the end game since I started caring about Smash speculation 16 years ago.

Are we expecting anything from this weeks event in Tokyo? TSG?
Historically, Nintendo has almost never had a prescence at TGS for whatever reason. Japanese third parties, however, usually go nuts and they're typically on par or even better than E3 reveals.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Banjo for me.
To be honest, K. Rool and Ridley alone kinda make up for any of my most wanted not getting in, everything else I want is just gravy right now.

TBone06

Smash Ace
No. Megaman was my distant second with Wario, Dedede, and Ridley being my distant third, fourth, and fifth respectively. I sent a letter to Nintendo of America in 2002 making an argument for Geno in Smash and teamed up with a bunch of Geno fans, made an almost 100 page portfolio that was in English and Japanese, and took it to Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto in 2006 so you could say I've been invested for a long, long time. Geno has pretty much been the end game since I started caring about Smash speculation 16 years ago.
I remember all that work you put together. That was part of what inspired me to support so strongly.

Did you ever hear back about any of that? Do you still have anything left from it?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I mean I kind of got 3 characters that can make up for Geno for me. Ridley, K. Rool. and Simon Belmont. heck if the roster was ended at Ridley I was gonna be content! which is why I've felt like I've been especially asking so fervently for Geno. He is my most wanted even over those. but at this point I have no excuse not to be satisfied with the roster.

there hasn't even been a character yet that I was disappointed in seeing. Richter got me just as hype as Simon. Dark Samus was icing on the cake of getting Ridley and who I asked for since I thought I would never get Ridley. Chrom comes from the one FE game I played and I love the idea of a Roy Echo. Daisy is just awesome and I'd play her over Peach any day. Inkling I knew was always gonna happen but still really wanted to see happen. Isabelle while at first hearing the idea when it was rumored I wasn't jazzed about but over time I came to think she would be a hilarious odd ball pick.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Just had another idea for a Geno reveal trailer. this one with him specifically being the final character reveal.

It opens on this huge celebration. every playable character is there. we get this beautiful shot of Mario walking around as you see all the characters interacting with eachother. people welcoming old favorites and new faces alike. Mario has a smile on his face, yet you can sense a little sadness in him. he steps outside on the balcony to a starry night sky. leans on the rails and looks out to the distance. Cappy's eyes pop up from his cap, and he ask's him "what's the matter mario?" Mario sigh's giving one of of his wordless replies as he does in his games "oh seeing everyone here being reunited with old friends reminds you of someone you wish you could see again" they see a shooting star out in the night sky. "Well, maybe now's your chance to make that wish come true"
Mario clutch's one fist to his heart, lowers his head and closes his eyes. and makes a wish. you cut to first person as mario opens his eyes. nothing. just the same beautiful night sky. cut back to mario's face. he has a hopeful smile.
a wooden hand is placed on mario's shoulder from behind. turn camera to the owner GENO Grant's a wish! gameplay reel starts!

return to the party as Mario comes back in with Geno to introduce him to everyone. peach quickly comes over to hug Geno. then the screen starts shaking and you hear loud thumps quickly getting louder and loader! Bowser Rushes in giving Geno, Peach, and mario a big group hug!

Corny I know. but the idea popped in my head and I thought it was adorable and a great way to end off character reveals. by having Geno be the character Mario wishes for. and a great connection to the Everyone Is Here tag line. although the writting in my idea could use some work. also want a way to fit Mallow into it. felt like I just wrote a mini fanfic xD
aaah, this was really good! That would be an adorable reveal trailer :,D

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody! Popping in from the Isaac thread to say I love you guys! Hope both the Power puppet and the golden boy make it in so the old guard Brawl predictions make it into this game!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody! Popping in from the Isaac thread to say I love you guys! Hope both the Power puppet and the golden boy make it in so the old guard Brawl predictions make it into this game!
You guys really are the best. such a friendly fanbase that I always see popping in to lend some kind words. a future with both Isaac and Geno in smash would be the best timeline.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Geno has a long history with Smash, and I think given how these past Smash Directs have been handled with Sakurai talking about the game and ending with a big character reveal (Ridley during E3, K. Rool during the August Direct) I can imagine the next one will follow suit in like manner and end with another big reveal which is very likely Geno (I hope). Sakurai is working hard and doing all that he can to make this the ultimate entry for the Smash series, and he has on more than one occasion acknowledged Geno's popularity. I'm thinking this'll be the time for him to finally make it, and we can finally rest easy by the end of the year.

Now even though I'm saying all of this that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be surprised and amazed as heck when he does finally show up.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
You guys really are the best. such a friendly fanbase that I always see popping in to lend some kind words. a future with both Isaac and Geno in smash would be the best timeline.
Aww, same to you guys! It's always nice to see the Geno Fans positivity in our thread! Just paying it forward as much as I can!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Geno has a long history with Smash, and I think given how these past Smash Directs have been handled with Sakurai talking about the game and ending with a big character reveal (Ridley during E3, K. Rool during the August Direct) I can imagine the next one will follow suit in like manner and end with another big reveal which is very likely Geno (I hope). Sakurai is working hard and doing all that he can to make this the ultimate entry for the Smash series, and he has on more than one occasion acknowledged Geno's popularity. I'm thinking this'll be the time for him to finally make it, and we can finally rest easy by the end of the year.

Now even though I'm saying all of this that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be surprised and amazed as heck when he does finally show up.
oh yeah well Simon was leaked and I was still flipping out at his reveal! so I image that but even more so will happen when Geno is announced.

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
i became a geno supporter late back in smash 4 post-release and I just hope to god this time he gets in

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey guys, weird thing: the Japanese Smash site has dates for something called Nintendo Live, it looks like in November. Is that TGS, or something we already know about? Because I'm pretty sure it wasn't there a few hours ago.

Can anyone tell me what this is? I'm incredibly curious.

Dan

Smash Lord
My speculation on the final Direct is open with Incineroar vs. Ken in the boxing ring, Sakurai will talk about them, maybe Isabelle, reveal the rest of the stages, talk about Spirits and anything else, then close with a Geno DLC announcement... I could live with that.

But honestly, **** the box theory; the ******* who designed that should've just left the sides blank.

I'm also still waiting on the fate of Karate Joe (I always initially type Knuckle Joe), Skull Kid and Isaac... Skull Kid could potentially be a boss, but I don't get why you would tease the others as AT's, so they must be playable... what a mind****.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember all that work you put together. That was part of what inspired me to support so strongly.

Did you ever hear back about any of that? Do you still have anything left from it?
Nothing. I was super depressed after the Brawl roster was revealed, which was further complicated by the fact that I was studying overseas about 2k miles from home at the time, there was one person in particular who harassed me relentlessly online (long since forgotten), and I heard absolutely nothing back from Nintendo. The fact that English winters are like 3/4ths rain and I had to walk about a mile and half from class to my host home resulted in me getting incredibly sick for two weeks and among the most miserable I was in my entire life. That experience was part of the reason why I wasn't as frequent of a visitor to the Geno board in Smash 4, plus I was going through grad school and working 60+ hours a week to avoid student loans so, as they say, have to keep your priorities straight and do adult crap.

As for the fabled "Geno Portfolio", it might be by some miracle on my parents' computer but 1. It's been 12 years, 2. they've replaced their computer three times in that time span, and 3. I haven't lived with them in 10 years. My dad's pretty good about backing up data but I know at least one of them full blown crashed and, without me being home, saving it was probably low priority. Doesn't help that Nsider died in 2007 and all that's likely left is people talking about it in passing here.

Looking back, it was super naive but the E3 Brawl poll kind of got everybody in a hype fever pitch and I was already going to Japan anyways as a sort of high school graduation present to myself so it seemingly all lined up perfectly. The post Brawl days we're kind of hard to go through anyways because a lot of us that really got into it got super bitter but I've noticed that a lot of us like Smashchu, Bkupa, Psycho, Arcenik, Chronobound, etc are still around. Smashboards is pretty cool that way in that many of us grew up, got degrees, got married, started families, etc but we still come back, sometimes to just pop in and some still leading the charge for their respective favorite characters. Guess that's just a cool thing about Nintendo. Been a fan since I could barely talk and now I'm getting gray hair and about to get married. Life's a journey, comrades, even if your passions are seemingly irrelevant, it's good to always have them to go back to day after day, year after year.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hey guys, weird thing: the Japanese Smash site has dates for something called Nintendo Live, it looks like in November. Is that TGS, or something we already know about? Because I'm pretty sure it wasn't there a few hours ago.

Interesting. Any chance you could link it?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman

TGS is this month so can't be that. november of all times seems like an interesting date. while I don't think TGS would announce a new character it could have something like E3 did and announce the next smash direct. but I don't think they would announce a Direct that far out though... could just be another one of those events where people come to play the game.

EDIT:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/live/index.html

I clicked the box, and it took me there. Looks like some kind of huge tournament thing?
oh okay yeah it's an event to play the game! but man this looks like it is being advertised a bit more then other events. hmmm........

Last edited:

MEra

Smash Rookie

this is actually super dope, and I hate you for getting me excited even more LOL. lowkey i think it would've been better for me not to have found this forum bc i'm expecting geno now more than ever LMAOO. but if he were to get at least a DLC, i would be happy.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Nothing. I was super depressed after the Brawl roster was revealed, which was further complicated by the fact that I was studying overseas about 2k miles from home at the time, there was one person in particular who harassed me relentlessly online (long since forgotten), and I heard absolutely nothing back from Nintendo. The fact that English winters are like 3/4ths rain and I had to walk about a mile and half from class to my host home resulted in me getting incredibly sick for two weeks and among the most miserable I was in my entire life. That experience was part of the reason why I wasn't as frequent of a visitor to the Geno board in Smash 4, plus I was going through grad school and working 60+ hours a week to avoid student loans so, as they say, have to keep your priorities straight and do adult crap.

As for the fabled "Geno Portfolio", it might be by some miracle on my parents' computer but 1. It's been 12 years, 2. they've replaced their computer three times in that time span, and 3. I haven't lived with them in 10 years. My dad's pretty good about backing up data but I know at least one of them full blown crashed and, without me being home, saving it was probably low priority. Doesn't help that Nsider died in 2007 and all that's likely left is people talking about it in passing here.

Looking back, it was super naive but the E3 Brawl poll kind of got everybody in a hype fever pitch and I was already going to Japan anyways as a sort of high school graduation present to myself so it seemingly all lined up perfectly. The post Brawl days we're kind of hard to go through anyways because a lot of us that really got into it got super bitter but I've noticed that a lot of us like Smashchu, Bkupa, Psycho, Arcenik, Chronobound, etc are still around. Smashboards is pretty cool that way in that many of us grew up, got degrees, got married, started families, etc but we still come back, sometimes to just pop in and some still leading the charge for their respective favorite characters. Guess that's just a cool thing about Nintendo. Been a fan since I could barely talk and now I'm getting gray hair and about to get married. Life's a journey, comrades, even if your passions are seemingly irrelevant, it's good to always have them to go back to day after day, year after year.
Maybe it was naive, but it was based out of passion. I guarantee you no other fan base went through that. There is no chance. It was a noble cause. Plus if we're still talking about it, it means you had an impact on others. Lets just hope he makes it in and then all is right in the world.

domriver

Smash Lord
They dont usually announce anything during these tournaments do they? Plus isn't to kinda way late in to the month? To reveal anything? They need to send those games to get reviewed about a month ahead of time. Leaking will happen in November possible Late october.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
They dont usually announce anything during these tournaments do they? Plus isn't to kinda way late in to the month? To reveal anything? They need to send those games to get reviewed about a month ahead of time. Leaking will happen in November possible Late october.
oh good point. although hasn't nintendo done more like a week ahead for reviews?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So IDK if any jumps to the General Thread, but I did a number crunch on the Music Track count as of now.
It was stated that we roughly have a little more than 800 music tracks in Ultimate. So I did some research and I think I got it pretty well.
Lets assume all the music from Sm4sh comes back (Which includes melee and I included the brawl stages returning). After crunching I got to 690 as the total thus far.
However, Sakurai stated in his Famitsu Column on music that more music is in the works. (or at least heavily hinted at)
Hopefully this news can help get the hype back up. Geno is the last character in the base game. We gotta believe in Sakurai!

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Something interesting I wanna talk about, are there any famous Smash professionals that wanted Geno to be in Ultimate?

So far I found out that Nairo and MVD wanted Geno.

I saying this because Nairo or any famous Smash professionals maining Geno in Ultimate competively will make me feel really happy since..I am more of a competitive player than a casual really.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Something interesting I wanna talk about, are there any famous Smash professionals that wanted Geno to be in Ultimate?

I saying this because Nairo or any famous Smash professionals maining Geno in Ultimate competively will make me feel really happy since..I am more of a competitive player than a casual really.
D1 wants Geno but he's a commentator so won't see him in bracket. no offense to his skills. but it's more he is such a high grade commentator he is just expected to be on mic at every major event.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I definitely support Geno! I think his inclusion is what it will take to truly render this as the Ultimate Super Smash Bros. title. Ridley. King K. Rool. Simon Belmont. And even Geno, one of the most clamored-for fighters and one once thought impossible thanks to prior history with Square Enix.
Everyone is here.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
With Shovel Knight and Krystal gone...I only got Geno/Isaac/Banjo left but I really wanted Geno more.

I hope that neither Geno, Isaac, Banjo will be deconfirmed as AT.

With the rumors, leaks, and speculation, I am both Pessimistic and Optimistic for Geno, but toward the former a bit more.

Still, me being pessimistic doesn't mean that I will lose any hope for him but I will try to keep my spirits high for Geno. We will pray that our Legendary Puppet will make to Ultimate in the final direct!

Dm_fTqvX0AAwQyS.jpeg

Last edited:

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro

D1 if he counts.

Mega Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom