• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
From his track record and form what papa has said about him he seems pretty credible for the most part.

He leaked banjo last October as well as saying luminary would be the dq rep instead of Erdick. He also has backed vr plant a few times and we all know the how credible vr plant is. And of course he got the miis right. So I think this guy can still be right and crash could get in after 5. But like datboi said even if crash is not happening this does not effect the list at all because it was leaked back in july
So, we're talking about this?

https://gyazo.com/7a365f663ef94ea003ab2d3fccdfee0b

How likely is it that this could just be a photoshop?

D

Deleted member

Not to be "that guy" who makes a big deal out of having a point proven, but at one of my lowest points of Geno-confidence, I said that there was no harm in an insider putting us out of our misery and saying "Geno's a hard no, now eff off", and I was lovingly told by someone that telling us who won't be in the game is just as much of a breach of NDA as telling us who is.

And here we are getting Starling man telling us who won't be in the game.

So either we're being purposefully tormented, he's lying, or Geno's in.

I'm not sure if that's a pick one or pick two.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, remember a part of some Papa Genos' video were he talked about how Banjo steal pancakes at the end of his reveal, and how "pancakes" were Crash's first words? That might be nothing, but who knows.
Better call Luffy cause that's some extre stretching

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's real that's my message (im dyguren) and I was given permission by Sabi to share that. It was on his discord and that guy asked me if he could share it and i said yes.
I know. I saw. I meant the part where the poster said "our NoA guy" with that image. If still real, though, I am not sure why I should trust that guy. I mean, they just announced more DLC is coming last month, and it is likely early in development. What could the so called "ambassador" know about that at this time? I mean, the same could be said for VRplant, but it is not like VRplant couldn't get the information before this ambassador in that regard, right?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Man I’m starting to get a headache from all this. I still have stock in papa’s leaker than this “NoA ambassador” guy. The former definitely seems higher up in the chain of command. Do we even have anything solid to go off of with this guy? For all we know he’s just out of the loop and making a big claim. I also just trust papa’s info more than Sabi’s. Its nothing personal but i think he’s got the better track record.
Edit: My honest guess at the moment is that we’re getting all three but the order is up in the air.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
wow gone for only a few hours and everything is blowing up.

So the ambassador makes his return I see, for anyone new they are pretty deep on the inside and were the one who leaked link's awakening and banjo with these little picture hints and is the source of our infamous starling, I wasn't sure if we were going to ever hear from him again publicly after they all decided to go cold turkey on them after something dicey the starling caused. While we don't know what the last one was his stuff has otherwise had a perfect track record and he's definitely worth listening too.

Also what is is this about VR plant? papa has multiple sources and it seems like someone along the telephone line conflated the two because I think he would have said it was plant if that's who told him crash as he has done in the past.

also sorry AugustusB AugustusB I had to duck out for a bit but it looks like you found what you where looking for.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The twist and turns never end! *pulls up a chair* I love when people in the know start speaking up. They can say one to four words and people will go mental.

EDIT: Lets say, NoA is right (which they are 100% of the time), no Crash...but what about the mii costumes listed? As we have stated before, real leaks can have fake ones mixed in to distort the masses. Perhaps, the costumes are legit, but Crash is fake. Again, it could also mean some of the mii costumes are real mixed with fake costumes. Not sure where I am going with this, but NoA man and new guy could be right. NoA saying no Crash, but the costumes are legit...IDK

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The twist and turns never end! *pulls up a chair* I love when people in the know start speaking up. They can say one to four words and people will go mental.
Yeah it always seems to be a domino effect with these people but I guess it make sense if your afraid of standing out and potentially get whacked by the nintendo ninjas. I haven't seen this many different people come out since master leaker nintendo stepped up to the plate again a month and half ago. All we need is a good ol 99% vergeben to throw in his hat to ryu and the gang is all here.

I hope that this means what it did last time and where not far off from the next announcement. I still think its in the first week of november so we got a ways to go but that's still close.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Hey, remember that one Japanese user who got VR in Smash Bros right and said that one of the Fighters is a female that looked like she was from a fighting game and had a flying weapon?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
No sonicsmaser I meant the guy who leaked crash and the costumes backed vr plant not the guy from the screenshot. Speaking of which the guy from the screen shot says the mii stuff could be legit and geno could happen so thats cool.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I’ve been away this weekend but read what’s going on. The “leak” season is still going strong. I ain’t putting any stock in any “leak” until there is some tangible proof. But, the positive thing I take out of it so far is there isn’t a hard deconfirm for Geno.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No sonicsmaser I meant the guy who leaked crash backed vr plant. Also says the mii stuff could be legit and geno could happen so thats cool
Never mind that. I already realized my mistake before you posted that. My bad. I kinda got mixed up with the leakers.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
How can we trust the NoA guy 100% but still think the starling was a false lead? Im not gonna put much stock in this guy unless he elaborates on that bird.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How can we trust the NoA guy 100% but still think the starling was a false lead? Im not gonna put much stock in this guy unless he elaborates on that bird.
Neither do I. I have a feeling he doesn't have all the info here, or does not fully know what is going to happen with Smash Bros. Ultimate.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Also really quick I want to clarify another thing. I dont know if vr plant is backing crash. I ment the guy who did leak crash backed vr plant in the past on other leaks.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think we need to take a step back and see what happens. I'd imagine some information has not been collaborated yet with some people and it is probably getting done now.

Time will tell, but as J JarBear said earlier...the best thing is no deconfirm of Geno thus far. Lets take solace in that at least.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Starling probably didn't mean Geno.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
so to get everything straight we have

shifty and brew hard backing ryu and soft backing geno
papa backing crash and several SMRPG costumes, and now backing ryu with crash as a later possibility
sabi/ambassador backing not crash and tracer

have I missed anything?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
a false lead? It wasn’t a false lead. He just didn’t feel comfortable revealing what he meant after people here and elsewhere made such a big deal about it. It was about something but we’ll likely never know what that was because people were ridiculous about it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
so to get everything straight we have

shifty and brew hard backing ryu and soft backing geno
papa backing crash and several SMRPG costumes, and now backing ryu with crash as a later possibility
sabi/ambassador backing not crash and tracer

have I missed anything?
I do believe that is it, thus far. Its kind of funny that Ambassador won't say who 5 is. (It makes sense though)

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys, a bit off-topic from the current discussion but still DLC related; only twelve days left till November. Following the release dates of the currently available DLC fighters, they all were released quite early considering their expected launch dates.

Joker: Released on April 17, 2019 (although I don't remember if they ever specified around when he would be released after he was first revealed).
Hero: Reveal announced for a Summer 2019 release, but actually released on July 30th (Summer having begun on June 21).
Banjo & Kazooie: Reveal announced for a Fall 2019 release, but actually released on September 4th (Fall officially started on September 23rd). This release was made ahead of schedule in that sense.
Next up is Terry Bogard who so far is expected to release in November. Following from Banjo & Kazooie's release, Terry might be released early (First week of November perhaps). Hopefully that's the case, thus we might hopefully get news on the 5th DLC fighter. Just a little more until then.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Man I’m starting to get a headache from all this. I still have stock in papa’s leaker than this “NoA ambassador” guy. The former definitely seems higher up in the chain of command. Do we even have anything solid to go off of with this guy? For all we know he’s just out of the loop and making a big claim. I also just trust papa’s info more than Sabi’s. Its nothing personal but i think he’s got the better track record.
Edit: My honest guess at the moment is that we’re getting all three but the order is up in the air.
Yeah i'm not gonna lie i'm pretty bummed about this. Just my luck that a leak I really wanted to be true (Crash DLC 5, Smithy/Mallow costumes) now is looking sketchy because of a NOA rumormonger. Can't say I didn't see it coming.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Leak speculation is like an Etch-a-Sketch: just when you think you got a completed picture on the next character, someone comes up and shakes it with new information, erasing what you worked hard to compile.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Ether way, wether it's Ryu or Crash, both leaks do nothing but help Geno's chances

Ryu getting in would increase Brew's credibility and give his Geno rumors more weight. Crash getting in would strengthen Papa's already strong source and make the Mii Costumes more likely than they already are.

We're in an extremely good position currently. No matter what happens, unless they confirm his costume, Geno's chances continue to look stronger no matter who they reveal next

D

Deleted member

Whoa now, from what I've gathered, there's some misinformation going around, or maybe incorrect assumptions? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the parties involved so far are:

A contact of Papagenos
The IGN source that told the Papgenos contact Crash
An NoA leaker

That's what I've gathered from the recent breaking news + Papagenos' video. There is nothing to suggest that VR Plant is involved in this, or that VR Plant told Papagenos that Banjo was definitely coming, all the way back last year sometime.

Again, this is the kind of stuff that only Papagenos can confirm, if he is able to confirm it without compromising his sources, whether or not this leaker is even the guy who told him Banjo was coming. From what I'm putting together, though, it probably is Banjo guy, but not VR Plant, and the mii costumes and crash are separate leaks, the latter sourced from a contact at IGN, and not really 100% on the shoulders of Banjo guy.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i'm not gonna lie i'm pretty bummed about this. Just my luck that a leak I really wanted to be true (Crash DLC 5, Smithy/Mallow costumes) now is looking sketchy because of a NOA rumormonger. Can't say I didn't see it coming.
Like the guy from the screen shot said the mii stuff can still happen. The crash rumor was only yesterday while the costume were not only over 4-5 mouths ago but it also seems possible because he was right about some of the costumes so far. Even if crash does not happen the mii thing is still possible and Geno can still happen. Heck this whole thing could be a hero situation where it is real info but it coming later than they thought. This guy has great credibility so its possible.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Whoa now, from what I've gathered, there's some misinformation going around, or maybe incorrect assumptions? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the parties involved so far are:

A contact of Papagenos
The IGN source that told the Papgenos contact Crash
An NoA leaker

That's what I've gathered from the recent breaking news + Papagenos' video. There is nothing to suggest that VR Plant is involved in this, or that VR Plant told Papagenos that Banjo was definitely coming, all the way back last year sometime.

Again, this is the kind of stuff that only Papagenos can confirm, if he is able to confirm it without compromising his sources, whether or not this leaker is even the guy who told him Banjo was coming. From what I'm putting together, though, it probably is Banjo guy, but not VR Plant, and the mii costumes and crash are separate leaks, the latter sourced from a contact at IGN, and not really 100% on the shoulders of Banjo guy.
Ya that was my fault I did not clarify sooner. I brought up vr plant because someone asked how credible the crash guy was. I was trying to say the crash guy backed plant on past leaks. I dont know what said leaks were but he did help back them. I sorry I did not make myself clear the first time.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I wouldn't despair just yet you crash fans out there, with all this crash is still better off then basically all the other speculation newcomers from the 3rd party wave and papa was pretty explicit that the nature of the issue with all these leaks was timeframe not validity. I think what he means is they see some proof that seems to solidify them as confirmed, but due to multiple characters being worked on at the same time progress doesn't necessarily correlate to a schedule for release and that's what they never put together in their heads. I'm honestly feeling good on all three remaining big contenders for the rest of this cycle.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Even if Crash ends up as a casualty of this, we’re probably still getting Geno

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Guys, no offense but the Crash statement and Mii Costume lists were released on different days from my understanding.

Off this topic, imagine Geno being like the Lumas and he becomes an absolute chonker because he ate too much. That was a eerie thought that struck me today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom