• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I actually have had something to love with every FP character. B-K and Joker are obvious since I love both series, and I've warmed up very strongly to Munchie Hero. I'm beyond excited for Terry, too. He's gonna be an instant purchase for me.

Nintendo's been batting a thousand with the DLC so far. Let's just hope Geno's a home run and not a strike out.

D

Deleted member

I definetly am enjoying all if it though.
The DLC
Far as reveals Nothing will ever top King K. Rool for me except Spyro of he gets added but still my favourute inclusion to date. But Ridley is a close second and Geno will be right up there when he gets in. But the bear and bird were amazing still one of the best E3 moments of all time for Nintendo for sure. Even if you weren't a fan of Banjo-Kazooie you were happy too see them in. The community just joined together thrilled by their announcement.

It'll definetly be the same for Geno upon his reveal hopefully with the upcoming DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I definetly am enjoying all if it though.
The DLC
Far as reveals Nothing will ever top King K. Rool for me except Spyro of he gets added but still my favourute inclusion to date. But Ridley is a close second and Geno will be right up there when he gets in. But the bear and bird were amazing still one of the best E3 moments of all time for Nintendo for sure. Even if you weren't a fan of Banjo-Kazooie you were happy too see them in. The community just joined together thrilled by their conclusion.
B-K was obviously my favorite reveal, but K. Rool was a damn close second with Ridley shortly behind. Everyone is here was so hype that my jaw was on the ground, too. K. Rool was the character I campaigned for before Geno, and I didn't campaign much for B-K because I thought they had no chance. I really expected to get K. Rool and maybe Geno, but no B-K, so I was very pleasantly surprised with my duo coming home.

God, K. Rool is easily the best base game addition, though. Nothing can top that for me in a Smash base game ever again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad to hear it it truly is the best roster to date and too see all these amazing characters together still feels surreal like a dream you hope never ends but the good part it's an actual reality.

Don't know what characters we get next but I' excited and hopefully everyone gets their most requested in.

Hopefully Geno is among them.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I’m the kinda guy to buy all the dlc characters regardless (though if I could I’d avoid anything from blizzard, at least for the time being) but I do think the pass has been really good so far.

I have the least attachment to Joker but I think he’s pretty cool. Fun gameplay and a cool “stando powa” gimmick, plus great music and stage.

I’m a big fan of DQ8 so I lost my mind when they showed Guv and Munchie. I like his moveset (except the down b :/) and the multiple costumes. Unfortunately the music sounds like a dying N64 midi but the track selection is good.

Banjo is the absolute highlight for me (as you can see by my pfp) and an absolute pipe dream. Incredible music, fun gameplay style, and a great stage with tons of cameos (I can’t believe we have Mumbo in smash). Definitely worth the $25 on his own for me.

Terry seems pretty cool. Kinda the same situation with Joker where I dont have any attachment but I greatly respect the choice. Fingers crossed character 5 is great too. I think Lloyd or Geno may be our best candidate right now but I dont wanna get my hopes up.

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm the odd man out then because I have absolutely not been liking this DLC so far except for Banjo, The music and the Sans Mii Costume. No way is it bad objectively or even subjectively but it was/is kind of average it's not bad but I don't personally enjoy it.

I need to expand my horizons, play other games I know but I just haven't gotten much out of this DLC and speculation wise it was far inferior to the base game speculation and that's an understatement if I've ever made one.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I guess I'm the odd man out then because I have absolutely not been liking this DLC so far except for Banjo, The music and the Sans Mii Costume. No way is it bad objectively or even subjectively but it was/is kind of average it's not bad but I don't personally enjoy it.

I need to expand my horizons, play other games I know but I just haven't gotten much out of this DLC and speculation wise it was far inferior to the base game speculation and that's an understatement if I've ever made one.
I mean I was quite familiar with everything they've dropped in so far and I'm not that enthused either. Being a fan of a game(series) doesn't mean you wanted them in smash. I'm really happy over BK for their fans and what it implicates for the future just like ridley and k rool but if it weren't for solo squeaking in with luminary this whole thing would have been a bust for me so far.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Honestly this is a super nice thread. Smashboards is pretty laidback in general thankfully.

But Infinity War was 10x better than Endgame

Uh oh
ummmm sure, that’s also pretty accurate considering K Rool and Ridley were huge for me, and the only thing that can top that for me is Paper Mario, Geno, or Sackboy.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
K. Rool was the most hype addition to base roster no doubt. Hopefully Retro is thinking it may be due time to reintroduce him to the DKC series. I can already see DK freaking out at the sight of the Kremling Fleet on the horizion.

Come get your nanners, homie.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I want Tiki Tong and Sir Fredrick to be sitting in at a table with their minions discussing a new plan then a Klaptrap suddenly pops up in the table and K Rool crashes down, smashing the table and posing before menacingly grinning and panning to DK's treehouse before the Kremlings steal the bananas as a throwback to DKC...

Imagine the final boss: Icy Tiki Tong Mech Piloted By Sir Fredrick and King K Rool.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I just realized something.. the November Direct was like infinity war( Killed off half our most requested characters) and this DLC season is like Endgame( Trying to fix everything)
Fingers cross for that being the case, would be great to see those requested character come back through those portals holding invitations to join the battle. But I wouldn't say that the November Direct was like Infinity War. Because for one Infinity War was good and that November Direct was pretty bad. (But yeah, I get the comparison)

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I’m hoping we get DKC 6 sometime soon. Retro has been silent for a few years, though now that they have to fix Prime 4 whatever project it was is probably on ice for the moment. My guess is we get Prime 4 late 2020- early 2021, and DKC 6/Mystery Project the following year. If this truely was DKC, the delay combined with K Rool’s revival may lead to whatever villain they had planned being swapped (or maybe they already had K. Rool planned for a come back and that influenced smash a bit?)

Plank08

Smash Lord
Fingers cross for that being the case, would be great to see those requested character come back through those portals holding invitations to join the battle. But I wouldn't say that the November Direct was like Infinity War. Because for one Infinity War was good and that November Direct was pretty bad. (But yeah, I get the comparison)
Issac: Mr. Geno..? I don’t feel so good..

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1570944742164.png

On today's episode of developers deconfirming speculated characters, I'd like to remind you all that Geno had a Mii costume that they didn't bring back and two SMRPG tracks were pulled off of youtube by Nintendo

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman

I too have been underwhelmed by the DLC. Joker was a character I'm a fan of, and bought because he's my type of character, but I still was kinda meh on his inclusion.

Hero didn't excite me much, but I do think he's a good inclusion. Banjo is great because he was included basically on fan demand alone. Terry is also not that exciting for me.

Basically, I would like the DLC character selection to prioritize fan demand.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Porkybro checking in again, at least you guys got a spirit as opposed to getting literally nothing like Porky did.
You guys weren’t completely “forgotten”

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Porkybro checking in again, at least you guys got a spirit as opposed to getting literally nothing like Porky did.
Porky's actually trying to be with us, he's just stuck within the Absolutely Safe Capsule.
Also is that your cosplay on your icon?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Porky being missing is flat out absurd. Couldn't they just transfer his Brawl data to Ultimate? I'm surprised as the boss fights are severely lacking in Ulimate. The Absolutely Safe Capsule shouldn't count as his spirit. And its weird as its the only summoning spirit that needs a second summoned spirit.

His spirit battle would be so easy to make. Just use Bowser Jr due to the mech.

I hope he isn't a FP character. Eathbound is one of my favorite games and Pokey would be great but as a bonus DLC. If he was character 5, I thinl there would be significant backlash (especially since the series is done) and I don't want Mother to get hate.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah the spirit situation is really strange, now that we know it wasn't for dlc slots I just can't fathom why they would intentionally leave some characters out. Besides isn't ASC using the "empty" variant? That can't be it.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Porky's actually trying to be with us, he's just stuck within the Absolutely Safe Capsule.
Also is that your cosplay on your icon?
Yeah that’s me in the icon.
Gotta rep the Porkster somehow haha.
A5CB2B00-4C1D-447E-AB6E-7D15CAF14430.jpeg

But anyways I hope you guys get Geno soon, he’s one of the only big ones left who isn’t playable and it would be cool to get some SMRPG music

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah that’s me in the icon.
Gotta rep the Porkster somehow haha.

But anyways I hope you guys get Geno soon, he’s one of the only big ones left who isn’t playable and it would be cool to get some SMRPG music
Not only is that cosplay great, but that Porky plush is also the most adorable thing in the world. I hope you get your guy!!

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I think something’s gonna happen with the missing spirit. An additional boss? Added to promote an Earthbound remake? Possibly even Porky as a character? I dont think he’d excluded for no reason, especially with how many mother spirits there are of less important characters.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think something’s gonna happen with the missing spirit. An additional boss? Added to promote an Earthbound remake? Possibly even Porky as a character? I dont think he’d excluded for no reason, especially with how many mother spirits there are of less important characters.
Well let me apply some Ridley detracting logic to Porky.

Porky is too big! If you size him up, he's too big to be a character and you size him down, Porky is going to look tiny in that machine.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Actually, it made me think of something: is Mother the only series in Smash with all remix music and no originals?

Is Mother forever to be plagued with music issues?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I mean, these songs were originally remixed in Melee and Brawl. When it comes to Ultimate, I think it got one or two.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, being a Spirit is literally nothing. "You can look at a PNG picture of this character in Smash Bros!" It's like being in Ready Player One, sure you're in it but your contribution is completely meaningless and nothing would've been lost if it was taken out.

I'll always say nothing is better than something like Assist Trophies & Spirits, because for one thing Porky has become more talked about than the rest of the most requested characters like Isaac, Bomberman and such. Porky's lack of representations literally gave more support than ever before.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Porky being missing is flat out absurd. Couldn't they just transfer his Brawl data to Ultimate? I'm surprised as the boss fights are severely lacking in Ulimate. The Absolutely Safe Capsule shouldn't count as his spirit. And its weird as its the only summoning spirit that needs a second summoned spirit.

His spirit battle would be so easy to make. Just use Bowser Jr due to the mech.

I hope he isn't a FP character. Eathbound is one of my favorite games and Pokey would be great but as a bonus DLC. If he was character 5, I thinl there would be significant backlash (especially since the series is done) and I don't want Mother to get hate.
There's not going to be a 1st party character in the current Fighters Pass at all. It's going to be all third party characters. It's clear that they want new series added in and Sakurai did basically thrown away all Nintendo series that haven't been represented in Smash Bros yet.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think Earthbound needs any more playable characters. I'd much rather see another 3 game rpg series, Golden Sun, get a single playable character than EB get a third.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom