• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
It was all bad timing because during that Direct when they revealed Incineroar and Piranha Plant they always deconfirmed a lot of characters (majority of them being fan favorites which was more salt being rubbed on the wound). What else makes Piranha Plant inclusion stings bad was Sakurai's comment "Pirahna Plant joins the battle, but not as an Assist Trophy." That comment cements the fact that they know Assist Trophies are garbage, so no one can make the argument that Assist Trophies are great when the creator of the game push them down to be consider insignificant in comparison to Piranha Plant being playable. Which means that video segment of all your favorite character at the very least being included as Assist Trophies was Sakurai and his team throwing them into garbage cans.
The hyperbole here is wild. I sincerely doubt the dev team has added anything to the game that they consider to be "garbage." It's obvious that playable fighters are the more significant and talked-about additions but this whole post reads as you feeling snubbed and projecting your feelings. With all due respect, I think you're taking this stuff way too personally.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Reggie's quote, do you all think Sakurai did a good job of picking characters "you would never expect to be in Smash?" I personally think so. Hero was expected, but Banjo seemed to be 50/50 maybe a bit over 50% and barely anyone I saw considered a SNK character to have a great shot.
Considering that for the longest time I was convinced that the one unbreakable rule was that the character had to have been on a Nintendo console at least once in their life, Joker by himself smashed my expectations. Hero really is the most tame character so far, since I don't think there's been a single King of Fighters/Fatal Fury title on a Nintendo console until the Virtual Console, and we all know about Banjo.

Really, "fighters you wouldn't expect" is another one of those things that makes me think Doom guy isn't getting in. Thanks to all these interviews and ports, everyone expects this guy.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Speaking of Reggie's quote, do you all think Sakurai did a good job of picking characters "you would never expect to be in Smash?" I personally think so. Hero was expected, but Banjo seemed to be 50/50 maybe a bit over 50% and barely anyone I saw considered a SNK character to have a great shot.
Not really, to be honest. I assumed Square Enix would eventually push for Dragon Quest content to be in Smash, and I know a lot of people who thought Banjo was still definitely getting in even after the Grinch fiasco. I was not one of them, but they existed.

A lot of these quotes are just fans overanalyzing PR talk

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
The lapse in judgement here is thinking they have to make anything "acceptable" for us. I haven't a gripe against the Plant. I'm certain he was a fun and relieving project for members of Ultimate's dev team. Never forget that he was almost certainly base roster, so he really isn't anything to complain about unless you were someone who complained about Duck Hunt in 4, R.O.B in Brawl, etc. You see what I'm getting at? It's also unfair to call this a Sakurai pass. I don't know if that homie would ever choose Banjo on his own. And if you think that B-K is the only fan-pick in the Fighter's Pass, its because you only belong to that fandom.

Bottomline is I would be grateful if Sakurai dropped a bag of dirt. To say that Sakurai is shamelessly projecting his desires onto the roster and nothing else is ignorant, I must say.
Look, a few things. Sure they don't need make anything "acceptable" but that also means we don't need to like everything they do and we criticize their decisions.
When it comes to comparing Duck Hunt and ROB to Piranha Plant there's a big different between them. Brawl has 18 newcomers and Smash 4 had 21 newcomers with DLC included. Smash Bros Ultimate as of now only has 12 newcomers (which is less than Melee's newcomers), and by the time Piranha Plant was announced it was the 7th newcomer. Because of how small the newcomers list is for Smash Bros Ultimate it makes Piranha Plant inclusion stick out more like a sore thumb than any other joke character. If he newcomer count was going to be this low because of the limited time and resources they had then there was no need to waste time with a joke character.
Also considering that 3 out the 4 known DLC character were all Sakurai's favorites it's really safe to say that this Fighters Pass is meant for Sakurai. Sure there were a very few amount of people who said they would like Joker to be in, but that was more like "Oh that would be cool. Totally not going to happen, but would be cool." I've seen a lot of Smash Bros forums and barely see people ask for Terry Bogard, people never thought that would actually happen. Also I don't give a crap about Banjo, but out of the four DLC characters we know about that is the only one people had talked about for a long time.

And lastly you really shouldn't be grateful, in you words, "if Sakurai dropped a bag of dirt." It shows that you honestly don't care, like you would twist your point of view to make sure it aligns with Sakurai. Stay true to you're opinion and don't change it just because Sakurai did something. Would you be grateful if Sakurai added microtransactions and lootboxes? Just because you're grateful to anything that Sakurai could do doesn't make you a better fan, it just makes you a person who just given up and makes it so that Sakurai doesn't have to try or push himself into make content that would be great.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Look, a few things. Sure they don't need make anything "acceptable" but that also means we don't need to like everything they do and we criticize their decisions.
When it comes to comparing Duck Hunt and ROB to Piranha Plant there's a big different between them. Brawl has 18 newcomers and Smash 4 had 21 newcomers with DLC included. Smash Bros Ultimate as of now only has 12 newcomers (which is less than Melee's newcomers), and by the time Piranha Plant was announced it was the 7th newcomer. Because of how small the newcomers list is for Smash Bros Ultimate it makes Piranha Plant inclusion stick out more like a sore thumb than any other joke character. If he newcomer count was going to be this low because of the limited time and resources they had then there was no need to waste time with a joke character.
Also considering that 3 out the 4 known DLC character were all Sakurai's favorites it's really safe to say that this Fighters Pass is meant for Sakurai. Sure there were a very few amount of people who said they would like Joker to be in, but that was more like "Oh that would be cool. Totally not going to happen, but would be cool." I've seen a lot of Smash Bros forums and barely see people ask for Terry Bogard, people never thought that would actually happen. Also I don't give a crap about Banjo, but out of the four DLC characters we know about that is the only one people had talked about for a long time.

And lastly you really shouldn't be grateful, in you words, "if Sakurai dropped a bag of dirt." It shows that you honestly don't care, like you would twist your point of view to make sure it aligns with Sakurai. Stay true to you're opinion and don't change it just because Sakurai did something. Would you be grateful if Sakurai added microtransactions and lootboxes? Just because you're grateful to anything that Sakurai could do doesn't make you a better fan, it just makes you a person who just given up and makes it so that Sakurai doesn't have to try or push himself into make content that would be great.
I'm not trying to be a better fan lol. I just mean that I'm perfectly happy with what we've already been blessed with. I would be grateful for any more content, whatever form that takes. Doesn't mean I wouldn't care to see some of my favorite characters added. It just means that I'll be content no matter what. And I'm certainly not going to complain about one character as if he does anything to anybody else's chances.

You also clearly think Sakurai makes this game alone, lmao.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
This is a really good point. Being CONTENT with a game and its material is perfectly fine, but as a consumer base, we shouldn't ever condone lazy or poor quality products. This is how you end up with crappy annual releases, tons of unnecessary DLC paywalls and other shady practices. This is how you turn reputable companies into cash-grabbing slimebags. Not to say Ultimate can or ever should be considered crap, but things like Nintendo's absolute trash approach to online play are examples of things we shouldn't just swallow with a smile on our faces. It's not entitlement to demand quality, especially when almost all competitors offer better (and have for years). You don't like something? Flex that spinal cord, vote with your wallet, and don't cave in to peer pressure. To this day, my version of Sm4sh STILL has every character except for Roy. I never liked playing Roy, I hated his similarities to Marth, and I frankly refused to pay money to download him in a game that still didn't have Wolf....and I doubt I was the only one seeing as how Ultimate now has ALL the veterans. You want to send a message that companies/developers will hear? You'll have to speak the universal language: GREEN.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
This is a really good point. Being CONTENT with a game and its material is perfectly fine, but as a consumer base, we shouldn't ever condone lazy or poor quality products. This is how you end up with crappy annual releases, tons of unnecessary DLC paywalls and other shady practices. This is how you turn reputable companies into cash-grabbing slimebags. Not to say Ultimate can or ever should be considered crap, but things like Nintendo's absolute trash approach to online play are examples of things we shouldn't just swallow with a smile on our faces. It's not entitlement to demand quality, especially when almost all competitors offer better (and have for years). You don't like something? Flex that spinal cord, vote with your wallet, and don't cave in to peer pressure. To this day, my version of Sm4sh STILL has every character except for Roy. I never liked playing Roy, I hated his similarities to Marth, and I frankly refused to pay money to download him in a game that still didn't have Wolf....and I doubt I was the only one seeing as how Ultimate now has ALL the veterans. You want to send a message that companies/developers will hear? You'll have the speak the universal language: GREEN.
This is why I hope we get move individualized waves like smash 4 rather than 2 more fighters passes. Having to hold off on characters I want because of the threat of ones I didn't really sucked.

Firox

Smash Master
This is why I hope we get move individualized waves like smash 4 rather than 2 more fighters passes. Having to hold off on characters I want because of the threat of ones I didn't really sucked.
I totally hear you on that one. If they would at least tell us up front WHO was going to be in the pass, it would save me quite a bit of time and money. The mystery box thing was kinda stupid. Speaking of sketchy practices....

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I dont really have much against the plant, obviously the spot could have gone to another first party character and it stung right after the grinch leak, but he was mostly harmless. I do enjoy a lot of the joke characters they added (pichu, ROB, duck hunt) and I’m glad they continued the tradition. Had he actually made base roster (I think that was intended) and not been last revealed I don’t think he wouldve been poorly recieved.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I totally hear you on that one. If they would at least tell us up front WHO was going to be in the pass, it would save me quite a bit of time and money. The mystery box thing was kinda stupid. Speaking of sketchy practices....
Yeah but it makes sense from a marketing perspective not to drop it all at once, so doing it in chunks without any attachment to future unknown content feels like the best compromise. They certainly could do it, other fighters do, but as a business it wouldn't be in their best interests so it's understandable.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I personally would've loved a playable Labo over PP but Plant is one of my mains, so I don't have much problem with him. He's a tricky little weed if you know how to use him...

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I resented plant a lot after the game came out. That has since faded for the most part, but I still dislike that he's in the game. As others have said, there were other characters that people might've appreciated more.

It bugs me that PP doesn't shoot fireballs at all. I'm sure there's a poison spitting plant in one of the games, but they were known for fireballs before now. That still confuses me.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Considering that for the longest time I was convinced that the one unbreakable rule was that the character had to have been on a Nintendo console at least once in their life, Joker by himself smashed my expectations. Hero really is the most tame character so far, since I don't think there's been a single King of Fighters/Fatal Fury title on a Nintendo console until the Virtual Console, and we all know about Banjo.

Really, "fighters you wouldn't expect" is another one of those things that makes me think Doom guy isn't getting in. Thanks to all these interviews and ports, everyone expects this guy.
There have been plenty of Fatal Fury games on Nintendo consoles, especially on the Super Nintendo being Fatal Fury 1, 2 & Special. Here's the link to the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games#Nintendo

Also Doom Guy only became expected after the infamous 5chan "leak" and Google theory made rounds in which they didn't happen until a few months after Joker was revealed. Plus DLC for the game started as far back as January 2018 so It's not like Doom Guy is going to suddenly disappear from the planned roster just because he's expected now.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I dont really have much against the plant, obviously the spot could have gone to another first party character and it stung right after the grinch leak, but he was mostly harmless. I do enjoy a lot of the joke characters they added (pichu, ROB, duck hunt) and I’m glad they continued the tradition. Had he actually made base roster (I think that was intended) and not been last revealed I don’t think he wouldve been poorly recieved.
I would not say that Piranha Plant is harmless since it did produce a lot of people to start bashing Isaac, Shadow, Geno and Banjo when revealed and indirectly was a way of the Smash Bros team telling you that the character you really wanted was trash and they rather put in a generic enemy over any of those characters. For the longest time it just felt like resentment to the fans for having interest in their favorite characters being playable in their favorite game. It brought out a lot of ugliness in the Smash Bros community, but was alright because their character got in.

That's what I learn a lot in the past year, it's okay to be a complete prick as long as the character made it in. Which is why the Dragon Quest community gets a free pass despite majority of them acting super terrible.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I resented plant a lot after the game came out. That has since faded for the most part, but I still dislike that he's in the game. As others have said, there were other characters that people might've appreciated more.

It bugs me that PP doesn't shoot fireballs at all. I'm sure there's a poison spitting plant in one of the games, but they were known for fireballs before now. That still confuses me.
Fun Fact: The poison spat by Piranha Plant is actually a reference to a Paper Mario enemy called a Putrid Piranha that uses said ability. That's why it changes colors when charging it up and spitting it out.

Attachments

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
The hyperbole here is wild. I sincerely doubt the dev team has added anything to the game that they consider to be "garbage." It's obvious that playable fighters are the more significant and talked-about additions but this whole post reads as you feeling snubbed and projecting your feelings. With all due respect, I think you're taking this stuff way too personally.
I've looked a lot into talks about Assist Trophies and Sakurai states that Assist Trophies are for characters that he believe have no real potential of being playable (which is why throughout all of Smash Bros we only got one unique playable character from an Assist Trophy, but that mostly had to do with Punch Out getting a reboot, while the other two Assist Trophy characters were basically clones of other fighters). So when they screwed many fan favorites from being playable and say Piranha Plant is in with those comments just cements the feeling that they were saying "Yeah Assist Trophies are garbage, we made these to show that your characters isn't worth considering to be playable and that this generic enemy is way more deserving so please stop asking about them and just be happy you get a 1 in 59 chance of seeing them for 15 seconds."

Am I taking things too personally, probably but these were characters that I desperately wanted and to be told by the creator of Smash Bros that Piranha Plant was more fitting to be included in Ultimate... yeah I'm going to take that personally.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
While continuing to freak over plant is a futile effort and you would be better off moving on I have to admit that "and not as an assist trophy" bit was really uncalled for.

You know it's amazing how much strife could have been avoided by not making assists random party items and you know, actual assist moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've looked a lot into talks about Assist Trophies and Sakurai states that Assist Trophies are for characters that he believe have no real potential of being playable (which is why throughout all of Smash Bros we only got one unique playable character from an Assist Trophy, but that mostly had to do with Punch Out getting a reboot, while the other two Assist Trophy characters were basically clones of other fighters). So when they screwed many fan favorites from being playable and say Piranha Plant is in with those comments just cements the feeling that they were saying "Yeah Assist Trophies are garbage, we made these to show that your characters isn't worth considering to be playable and that this generic enemy is way more deserving so please stop asking about them and just be happy you get a 1 in 59 chance of seeing them for 15 seconds."

Am I taking things too personally, probably but these were characters that I desperately wanted and to be told by the creator of Smash Bros that Piranha Plant was more fitting to be included in Ultimate... yeah I'm going to take that personally.
The entire Piranha Plant controversy actually boils down to the fact that they never should have put assist trophies in the game. Just another instance of Sakurai/Nintendo not getting that sometimes nothing at all is better than getting outright told you're not good enough.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

You’ve claimed this a lot, time to post your sources.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
The entire Piranha Plant controversy actually boils down to the fact that they never should have put assist trophies in the game. Just another instance of Sakurai/Nintendo not getting that sometimes nothing at all is better than getting outright told you're not good enough.
I've said this before, but I do like ATs as a concept. I just think they should be limited to minor side characters rather than main characters, or even playable side characters. Isaac, Lynn, Waluigi should not have been ATs. Mister Resetti makes a great AT. Pong, Andross, Nintendog all make good ATs.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I too would personally like AT's to not have "possible" fighters, or at least non main characters/rivals/enemies/villains/etc.

Rathalos, Pong, Mario Paint Swatter, Andross, etc. make good ones, just to name a few.

But I disagree with such ones like Isaac, Lyn, Shadow, etc. being AT's. It does feel like the Smash Team are saying "They are not good enough to be on the roster" .... "but a generic enemy is much better than them."

Gotta admit ... that does sting.

D

Deleted member

I've said this before, but I do like ATs as a concept. I just think they should be limited to minor side characters rather than main characters, or even playable side characters. Isaac, Lynn, Waluigi should not have been ATs. Mister Resetti makes a great AT. Pong, Andross, Nintendog all make good ATs.
Maybe it's just me being hyper-competitive but I don't really see what kind of Mario Party gameplay even the most casual Smashers are looking for to think Pokeballs and Assist Trophies are fun. I mean, I agree with you that they should have been reserved for massive characters, characters that can't fight, even in a non-traditional way, etc, but as a game mechanic I don't entirely understand where a person can derive fun from them.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You’ve claimed this a lot, time to post your sources.
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/4/1

Sakurai "The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies."

Sure you can bring up how Sakurai didn't think Animal Crossing could have a playable rep, but if a character is continuously turned into an Assist Trophy then that probably means he still thinks these characters aren't meant to be playable.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai "The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies."

Sure you can bring up how Sakurai didn't think Animal Crossing could have a playable rep, but if a character is continuously turned into an Assist Trophy then that probably means he still thinks these characters aren't meant to be playable.
To be fair, "and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title" kind of counteracts that "aren't meant for fighting" thing if you think about characters like Isaac. There's obviously a lot that goes into moveset creation aside from whether or not the character has a realizable moveset, like making sure its balanced (which wasn't an issue for Bayonetta, but they had to advertise Bayo 2). It could just be that during the development cycle, they couldn't come up with a unique moveset for some of these characters that fit in with the design philosophy of the game, but wanted to nod to the fans regardless.

Like I said, they don't get that what they see of as a way to make people happy actually makes them furious.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman

If I may argue against this, throughout the whole interview they kinda talk about Nintendog a lot. The sentence that you bolded is not meant to say that Sakurai thinks they have no moveset potential, it means to say that there are certain franchises with characters that can't be realized for a fighting game. That's the whole purpose for them bringing up Nintendogs. It is/used to be somewhat popular, but can YOU imagine comeing up with a moveset for a character from that game? This is why there are Assist Trophies like that math one, or the pong game. After doing some research, there's this article from source gaming made by PushDustIn (that one translator dude) that contains this quote:

"Characters are not picked at random. After fully understanding the character’s personality, development advances while taking into consideration how those characters can be fun to play in “Smash”. There are some characters that can’t join the battle, even if they meet the qualifications."

Assist trophies aren't meant to be for characters that seemingly have no moveset potential, it's just a means of adding characters that couldn't get into Smash as a playable fighter for one reason or another.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If I may argue against this, throughout the whole interview they kinda talk about Nintendog a lot. The sentence that you bolded is not meant to say that Sakurai thinks they have no moveset potential, it means to say that there are certain franchises with characters that can't be realized for a fighting game. That's the whole purpose for them bringing up Nintendogs. It is/used to be somewhat popular, but can YOU imagine comeing up with a moveset for a character from that game? This is why there are Assist Trophies like that math one, or the pong game. After doing some research, there's this article from source gaming made by PushDustIn (that one translator dude) that contains this quote:

"Characters are not picked at random. After fully understanding the character’s personality, development advances while taking into consideration how those characters can be fun to play in “Smash”. There are some characters that can’t join the battle, even if they meet the qualifications."

Assist trophies aren't meant to be for characters that seemingly have no moveset potential, it's just a means of adding characters that couldn't get into Smash as a playable fighter for one reason or another.
Well with that quote it makes current Assist Trophies way worse because that means they sat down and say "Yeah, Piranha Plant has to get in over all these other characters. Just throw them in as Assist Trophies, the fans will love it." With any way they say it or spin it Piranha Plant is always going to look like that middle finger to fans of character who were deemed to not join the battle.

D

Deleted member

Well with that quote it makes current Assist Trophies way worse because that means they sat down and say "Yeah, Piranha Plant has to get in over all these other characters. Just throw them in as Assist Trophies, the fans will love it." With any way they say it or spin it Piranha Plant is always going to look like that middle finger to fans of character who were deemed to not join the battle.
"There are some characters that can’t join the battle, even if they meet the qualifications." is one of those Sakurai things to say that just makes everything more confusing. What qualifications? Why can't they join the battle? Is there a specific character this was said about? I could probably write a children's book out of nothing but the questions this one sentence raises... but I think you're painting it in a more negative light than necessary.

Something makes it where some characters just aren't cut out to be fighters. For one reason or another, I just don't think that "something" is Sakurai saying "to hell with this character in particular."

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Gotta feel bad for Mallow if Geno gets in. He'll be the only party member from SMRPG who isn't playable in Smash. :sadeyes:
At least make him a stage hazard or something if Geno gets in with a stage pls Soccerguy :(

Firox

Smash Master
Gotta feel bad for Mallow if Geno gets in. He'll be the only party member from SMRPG who isn't playable in Smash. :sadeyes:
If Geno gets in, then Chrom will inch up beside Mallow, throw an arm around his shoulders and say, "You'll get your chance another day..."

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, where would you guys put Shovel Knight? He had been my #1 most wanted until he became an assist trophy. He's an indie character in a triple a title like Smash. That's kind of a big deal regardless on playable or not. Do I think he should have been? Heck yeah I do! However, I'm not entirely disappointed because at least he's there and that's an accomplishment in itself.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So, where would you guys put Shovel Knight? He had been my #1 most wanted until he became an assist trophy. He's an indie character in a triple a title like Smash. That's kind of a big deal regardless on playable or not. Do I think he should have been? Heck yeah I do! However, I'm not entirely disappointed because at least he's there and that's an accomplishment in itself.
He was my number one Indie pick for sure. I was glad to see him make it in some fashion also, but I personally am not one to find Assist Trophy Promotions to be plausible. Happy he got some recognition. My choice for an Indie fighter would be Cuphead, but for practicality reasons I'm rooting for Shantae.

Firox

Smash Master
I honestly think he could have a chance for the next Smash game. The fact that Nintendo/Sakurai bothered to acknowledge him is a pretty big deal.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think Sakurai can make Mallow apart of the move set. (Even if that means we may getting a tether grab out of the character) It would be worth it for getting Mallow in

So my next big project I am working on is advertising Geno to participate in Death Battle to gather interest to a wider audience and have they witness him as a fighter. It might gather so new fans out of the deal. ScrewAttack has an official suggestion form and we would be foolish not to pass this up.

I think we can even make it a collaborative effort with Skull Kid's community since I think the two go hand in hand as a fighting pair.

-Both have only played one major role in a game. (Rest are cameos or never to be heard from again)
-Both (♥♪!? and Majora) are Demi-God level beings possessing wooden vessels. One wants to save their world. The other wants to destroy theirs.
-Both are from legendary Nintendo franchises (Mario and Zelda)

I think the similarities are too good to pass up. If you guys are interested, I am looking to advertise this idea on Operation StarFall.

Here is the Official Death Battle form so I suggest filling it out with the following information

FILL OUT FORM HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLOlKAHrl0y0BYppKsxS9XP5B3HREj8pqdOK73vx_ETpNVVg/viewform

Character 1: Geno (♥♪!?)
Character 1 Source: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Character 2: Skull Kid (Majora)
Character 2 Source: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Let's make this happen! I will be reaching out to the Skull Kid group here as well to see if I can gauge further interest. I think everyone wins in this situation!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm just floored he got in, period. I was pretty certain that a western indie character would never see the light of day in Smash as anything more than a trophy, but there he was being done dirty as an assist trophy.

The only indie rep I'll accept as playable, still, is Quote. He's way too important to ignore, regardless of if he's a Mega Man or Geno clone.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Like, I honestly think some people tend to forget that Shovel Knight being acknowledged in Smash to any degree is kind of a big deal. Indie character representation is sparce in Smash Bros with the trophy of Commander Video, 5 spirits and an assist for Shovel Knight, 2 spirits for Shantae, and a Mii costume and music remix for Undertale. Indie representation of any kind in Smash is a blessing among the community.

Also, no offense SSGuy SSGuy but I wouldn't do that. Death Battle usually only has the really popular characters win and half butt do the research for some of these battles. It's fun but the hate towards Geno and watching him "die" would suck. Besides, Sans is a far better choice. One time RPG characters who are both glass cannons. :ultpacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Like, I honestly think some people tend to forget that Shovel Knight being acknowledged in Smash to any degree is kind of a big deal. Indie character representation is sparce in Smash Bros with the trophy of Commander Video, 5 spirits and an assist for Shovel Knight, 2 spirits for Shantae, and a Mii costume and music remix for Undertale. Indie representation of any kind in Smash is a blessing among the community.

Also, no offense SSGuy SSGuy but I wouldn't do that. Death Battle usually only has the really popular characters win and half butt do the research for some of these battles. It's fun but the hate towards Geno and watching him "die" would suck. Besides, Sans is a far better choice. One time RPG characters who are both glass cannons. :ultpacman:
There is a chance Geno could lose but I think showcasing his potential as a fighter would bring more positives than negatives. It isn't like people are celebrating the death of Harry Potter or Batman as if it would be this terrific thing.

Also keep in mind, what makes you think Geno would ever lose ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom